George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba Empty George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Jan 2011, 05:29

Found by Ines. No date, no link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney and John Prendergast watch as a woman votes in Juba on January 9, 2011 (Enough/Tim Freccia)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba Empty Re: George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba

Post by watching Sat 29 Jan 2011, 08:21

Pre-arranged PR shot? Because what is the actual point (other than PR value) of two American white guys standing in a election centre watching other people vote in an election that they can't vote in as they are not citizens of the country? Where I'm from, voting is considered personal and private. You expect the politicians to attend the polling booth to glad-hand and have their picture taken with the locals but these two? I expect better for Prendergrast. There is also the perception issue - them in the voting booth could be perceived as them trying to sway voters when they come into vote. They sure don't have their happy faces on.

Sorry to sound bored with the whole thing but I have become relatively cynical of this whole exercise. It was determined 5 years ago that they would go to the polls at the start of 2011 yet the way George talks, it was only something that came about due to the negotiations that occurred due to his interest in the issue, him getting the issue media attention and UN involvement that came when he took on the cause. He raised its profile – fantastic. That wards off corruption and makes those at the top realise their will need to be transparent in their decisions and undertakings as people are watching. George visits the area – raising its profile and keeps attention - great. The George turns up for the election – nice but there were many other, more qualified people there for the vote and to ensure that it stayed on track. George sole purpose thewre is to keep media attention on the situation – great. But then whilst he is there, he has to get drunk in front of the photographers there to cover the election so then the story and focus becomes about him. The drunk pictures get floated to the media and go global. Then all of a sudden, it gets leaked that he contracted malaria again so then the drunk stories go away and the press focus on his health.

It just seems so manufactured and media manipulated. Any genuine desire to help seems to get in the way of the smoke and mirrors to ensure that his brand and image are boosted by his involvement.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba Empty Re: George Clooney and John Prendergast observe voting in Juba

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Jan 2011, 13:21

Well, I don't know. I think you're being a little harsh, there Watching. He went there specifically to be there while the voting went on, so it would odd if he didn't actually appear at a voting station, wouldn't it? And how could he influence anyone's vote? He doesn't speak the language.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Jan 2011, 13:23

reassurance!
and light
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down