George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

+65
annemarie
What Would He Say
Surfing
LizzyNY
Sevens
socimar
PigPen
Donnamarie
Hebe
Silje
Alisonfan
Rose
Pita428
happycat
Einstein
Way2Old4Dis
hathaross
ally12
Nicky80
ktsue2002
mel01
Mazy
Duffy
playfuldeb
Lighterside
aflower1325
Dior
cupcake
NotAvailable
Henway
fluffy
janieb
Cynisca
very vera
noodle
laetval
msadrienne
watching
amaretti
Atalante
phys major
LornaDoone
silly girl
party animal - not!
Best in Category
lelacorb
OofOof
fava
blubelle
cindigirl
MM
Joanna
theminis
macs
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
Maggy
lucy
bamboochacha
Lakin460
Vi
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
69 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by watching Mon 06 May 2013, 10:36

If you are in Southern California, apparently you can get the tequila this weekend at Costco.

loganabbott:
#CincoDeMayo with George Clooney,@Casamigos selling at all Socal #Costco just for this wknd pic.twitter.com/V2DY0ujrYq
2nd May 2013

Or go out (not to the Four Seasons):
Casa Vega: On Sunday, Casa Vega will be partnering with Casamigos Tequila for a day of festivities that will include tequila-based cocktails, a menu with items such as pollo en mole and taquitos, and a photo booth.
13301 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, (818) 788-4868, CasaVega.com.Link

watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by watching Mon 06 May 2013, 10:39

Or if you are in Florida,

Drinking Diaries: Savor Casamigos Tequila this Cinco de Mayo

Good tequilas have pronounced citrus, mineral and floral flavors, or caramel, vanilla and chocolate hints. Tequila tastes good. Maybe your stomach just dropped, or your lips even puckered, as the spicy spirit historically makes foes before friends.

Too many a tequila story starts during a long night in college when our desire for senseless intoxication could be satiated only with a bottle of the stuff. Sometimes this enemy standoff lasts for years, even decades, or until your lips bedew with something more subtle, something impressively complex and thoroughly distinctive, because that’s what good tequila is.

(removed parts of article that were irrelevant)
Casamigos tequila has a storied start in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, when tequila-loving friends George Clooney (the actor) and Rande Gerber searched for the perfect tequila. Clooney and Gerber (Cindy Crawford’s husband and L.A. restaurant impresario) own adjacent homes in Mexico and spend a lot of time downing a lot of tequila there. But each bottle they drank left something to be desired. They wanted something smooth with no burn, so they decided to make their own. With the experience and prowess of a Jalisco distiller, pretty soon their desires were bottled and named Casamigos, or House of Friends. Celebrity tie or not, this tequila is one of the good ones.

The good news: More than 50 restaurants and bars in Naples serve Casamigos tequila, so give it a try at some of the locations that pour a lot of it.

I was hesitant at first to drink my tequila neat, but don’t let your stomach roll too soon. For me, the “blanco,” which is aged two months in stainless steel barrels, has a vanilla aroma with a slight cinnamon and mint taste, but what struck me sounds cliché — it was smooth. No-burn, soft-mouthfeel smooth.

I sampled that Casamigos blanco next to the Herradura blanco, which strikes me as having a strong grapefruit essence, and the Don Julio blanco, from which I mostly derived spice notes. When I went to the Casamigos reposado, which is aged for seven months in used American whiskey barrels, the caramel was strong, with a fuller body and slight peppery finish. But don’t take my word for it: Sip this Cinco de Mayo, don’t shoot.

Where to try Casamigos

More than 50 restaurants and bars in Naples serve Casamigos tequila including:

■ Agave Southwestern Grill: 2380 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples. 239-598-3473 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

■ Chop’s City Grill: 837 Fifth Ave. S., Naples. 239-262-4677 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

■ Giovanni’s Italian Ristorante: 5975 Pine Ridge Road, Naples. 239-353-9440 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

■ Tavern on the Bay: 489 Bayfront Place, Naples. 239-530-2225

Ashley Stites tends bar at the Avenue Wine Cafe in Naples and enjoys scouting out the best libations available in Southwest Florida.

[url=Link][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 07 May 2013, 04:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 18 May 2013, 17:57

As seen on twitter but I think Les Frenchies has it too:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 May 2013, 18:22

So THAT'S how it happened???
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sat 18 May 2013, 19:11

So if George and Cindy were in the guest room, where was Rande?

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 May 2013, 04:58

Thanks Silly Girl! I saw it on twitter but have big problems with videos so didn't bother watching.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 06:21

Everyone that thought that the video was inappropiate should watch the this new vedio. It is REAL if you every got drunk in your life you know stuff happens.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 19 May 2013, 07:06

that was a good interview
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 19 May 2013, 12:28

Yeah, I kinda knew that wasn't a freaky, reality video of them doing the switcharoo all the time with juggling bedrooms. I felt it was just a way to rpmote the product and at the time say, be wary of over doing it because this could happen to you. To me its saying, lets all be more responsible for our drinking habits.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 13:37

I checked the web-site and couldn't find how to get the T-shirts, anyone know?

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 May 2013, 13:53

I don't know if this is just to order the tequila, or for other products. Worth a try to send an email to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find out?

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 14:11

Thanks Melbert, I'll give it a try, I've been trying for months to find out if any are gluten free but get no results. Just thinking have not seen OofOof posting for a few days is she feeling okay anyone know?

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sun 19 May 2013, 14:25

Omg, i posted something here and came back to find it didn't appear..don't tell me i hit "preview" instead of "send". Damn!

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 May 2013, 14:44

Mazy wrote:I checked the web-site and couldn't find how to get the T-shirts, anyone know?

Zen

Yes I've been searching since they came out. No luck so far.
But I've emailed asking about them now....Thanks Mel Coolio

BTW....I found a mail order supplier of Casamigos in UK. Costs around £98,
including shipping, for one bottle.
Our tax on booze is colossal here !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 20 May 2013, 12:59

Well, I liked that interview so much since it was great hearing some first-hand details about their private lives. My post from yesterday didn't appear, so I decided to retype some tongue-in-cheek - but no less genuine - observations I had upon seeing this clip:

1. The fact that Cindy woke up in the middle of night and went looking in the guest rooms for her husband makes me think Rande tends to spend the night in the guest room on occasion..wonder why? Doesn't want to disturb his wife when he comes in late, or just doesn't want her aware of how late he came home, or doesn't want her to know how intoxicated he is when he gets home, or maybe wants to avoid a late-night chat/argument about his activities when he does get home??

2. Even if Cindy did find him in a different room, why did she get into the bed also? Is Rande exaggerating, or does Cindy actually go and join Rande in whichever bed he happens to crash in..do they play musical beds in their large house?

3. Yeah exactly, as somebody else already pointed out - where was Rande (after George had already stumbled off to bed), that Cindy had to wake up and go looking for him?

4. When he said George thought he must have stumbled into their room by mistake, at first I thought: despite being such close friends George hasn't even seen the upper floor of their showhouse and didn't even know which was their room? But then I realised the keyword was "stumbled", so I can certainly see that happening when someone is drunk and dead tired and moving in the dark just wanting to get into bed for the night. Clearly the fact that Rande didn't even have to show George to the guest room shows just how familiar George is with their home.

5. The reporter who interviewed Rande was very pretty, with a similar colouring as Cindy...wonder whether Rande found her attractive. She didn't sound American right? Although Rande came across sounding very warm as usual, I couldn't tell as much for certain from his expressions...I think Rande has had botox right at the corner of his eyes where one would normally have crow's feet. Hope he doesn't continue with it, doesn't suit him at all. Perhaps fillers would be ok but not botox please, Rande. Smile Also his hair was cut too short and thin at the areas just above and behind his ears...would have looked better slightly longer.

6. One last comment about his appearance: from the shots from the back/side it was apparent he really does have long eyelashes (as one NY or LA newspaper article described him 16 years ago as having the eyelashes of a giraffe).

Lastly, I miss the days when Cindy looked like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 May 2013, 21:15

It is funny how people's impressions on the exact same thing differ. The is a primary problem with people witnessing a crime everyone's story is not the same.

I never felt there was anything wrong with the video, it was funny. Also I never got a good feeling from Rande from way back.

Watching the interview, I got a different impression, ah he wasn't so bad. As far as Cindy looking for Rande, I thought because of his late business hours he would be coming home at all times. We had a 24hr, luncheonette I worked the all-night shift to bake & cook for the day. My husband and I each had our own room, he would get up about 5am.

So I assumed that if Rande didn't want to disturb Cindy when he came in he would sleep in a different room. To me that would be natural with two people on different schedules.

When I first saw interview I also thought "see all you people that was against the video!" Which I still do.

Just interesting.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 May 2013, 12:07

I can't get the vids to play. I'm assuming this is the same video, but just in case it's not:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 May 2013, 12:18

if you meant to attach a video Katie, I'm not seeing anything...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 21 May 2013, 12:51

Yes it was good to finally hear the story it was "loosely-based on". But I also wasn't aware the video went viral. I thought it didn't get all that much press - it was award season when it was released. For the record I never had a problem with their promo video either.

I've never had a bad impression/vibe of Rande, if just based on past paparazzi pics or Cindy's interviews etc...to me he seems like a guy's guy, very similar to George. He's also very close to his family, and has made comments when his dad was alive which illustrated the good relationship they had. Also I was struck by a letter to the editor he wrote to one newspaper/mag in response to a cover story about the hotel and restaurant industry that featured certain ppl's comments about him (I saw it online before), in which he came off as intelligent and brave enough to be blunt. It showed he wasn't one to take it and shut up. Smile I guess I'm alsoprobably the only one here who likes the fact that his name is spelt with an "e".

Now in contrast, I've often not liked whatever I've seen of Cindy's first husband, Richard Gere..apart from his looks. There was something so pretentious and pompous about him.

I'm curious to try Casamigos one fine day.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 May 2013, 14:32

melbert wrote:if you meant to attach a video Katie, I'm not seeing anything...
Yeah, not sure what happened there. The code's definitely in my post but nothing's showing. Oh well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 02:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laineys take on George wearing his Casamigos t-shirts, heaps of pictures at link, but most of them already posted in the George filming in Rye thread.

George wears his tequila
June 7, 2013Posted at 3:30 AM
Lainey Posted by Lainey

Here’s George Clooney in England today shooting Monuments Men wearing a t-shirt promoting his tequila company. Might as well, right?

I’m not an expert in product branding and marketing but that logo, it doesn’t seem right to me. That logo looks like it could be for a produce company. Sunrise Fruits. Sunburst Organics. Sun Fresh Greens. See it on the side of a delivery truck, right? And these are the t-shirts they give away at the company golf tournament.

By the way, if George and Stacy break up, does he have to shoot a new commercial?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 07 Jun 2013, 02:51

Clever phrasing for the last line there - wondered about that........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 02:53

No new commercials will be needed me thinks!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 02:59

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 07 Jun 2013, 03:05

Would love to know when the UK launch is. It can't be far away...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 03:09

I hear you, Im getting so impatient for it to be launched here too.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Jun 2013, 06:50

Agave
And it seems a sun too
Light fresh green

I like it! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 14 Jun 2013, 18:45

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Jun 2013, 19:25

Interesting. Irish pub in Minneapolis.............!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 14 Jun 2013, 20:30

Well, maybe when you've had a few, you will see him come walking in.... drunken  just be prepared for whatever you find in your .... bed the next morn... hehehehehehehe Laughingaffraid  Drunk  alien

Last edited by Joanie's Clone on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 21:36; edited 1 time in total
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 21:18

:)Any suggestions for how to get a Casamigos t-shirt? I knd of want one.Sofa bounce
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 05:15

I want one too. I think we should be able to order it on their website.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Jun 2013, 07:19

A few of us have tried emailing them, but absolutely no response, so maybe they don't want to sell them?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Jun 2013, 07:46

They're probably not geared up for individual retail sales.  From what I understand, they're only selling in cases to bars etc.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 15 Jun 2013, 08:30

Yeah, thats prolly the way they're doing it for now. Maybe someone who gies to bars can do a little scouting? Any dudes around who might do that? Question
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:46

I liked the Whiskey Blue cap or T-shirt too, that I've seen George wearing when he was out on his yacht.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 18:00

I have a bottle of Casamigos now. I haven't opened it. Waiting for George or my kidney donor to ask for some before mine gets opened. Maybe a t-shirt might be possible. Free advertising for them. We'll see. I just want to support George and his endeavors. Oh what a fan I am! I don't actually drink except a glass of Christmas punch or on my birthday.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 15 Jun 2013, 20:15

Oh thats good you don't drink ktsue2002. Alcohol is known to restrict the healing in ones body, like nicotine does. My brother lost an eye that would have healed up if he hadn't kept drinking.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 15 Jun 2013, 23:03

Oh Joanie - sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he's ok now, at least making the best of where he's at i life. I agree, nicotine and alcohol restrict healing.

Here's few images I found

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:44

Thanks playfuldep, nice pictures. Do you know when and where those pics were taken?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:05

Hi not Playful but thought Id try and answer - I believe they were taken when they first launched Casimigos at Steve Wynns Encore in Las Vegas February 7 2013
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:08

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 13:15

theminis wrote:Hi not Playful but thought Id try and answer - I believe they were taken when they first launched Casimigos at Steve Wynns Encore in Las Vegas February 7 2013

Thank you theminis Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 17 Jun 2013, 06:14

Yes, in January they did a trip across the US stopping here and there to set up the distribution of Casamigos, and when they were done, these pics were taken of them. In Las Vegas.

They made a few stops here and there and a few pics were taken of those times. They were prolly celebrating a successful trip and distribution set up.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 18 Jun 2013, 00:10

Lots of celebs attended such as Dennis Quaid, Tim Allen, etc etc
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 18 Jun 2013, 00:12

Post deleted upon request.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 18 Jun 2013, 00:21

Post deleted upon request.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 18 Jun 2013, 02:19

theminis wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lots of celebs attended such as Dennis Quaid, Tim Allen, etc etc

I put the article of what they made etc. on the thread "Get's Golfers Drunk" on the 14th, was that not the right place to put it?
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 18 Jun 2013, 04:17

I forgot you posted that already Mazy, silly me.  I will merge your thread later just so that we have all the Casamigos info I the once place Very Happy:D
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next