George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney

2 posters

Go down

British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney Empty British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:40

Ok, my brain hurts just thinking about this. Can anyone else figure out exactly why he named the football player after George?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Debut novel to ease soccer horror legacy

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Western Gazette - Crewkerne

A FORMER TV star from a village near Wincanton has completed writing his debut novel.

Michael Bearcroft, of Henstridge, held roles in a variety of TV dramas including Casualty, The Bill and Peak Practice between 1995 and 2004.

He has now finished writing his first book – a thriller called Dangerous Score– about a footballer named George Clooney. The book is dedicated to the families of the 96 fans killed in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Half of all the proceeds from the book's sales is to be donated to The Hillsborough Family Support Group.

The book was launched at Goodison Park – the ground of Everton Football Club – earlier this month and was attended by many of the game's high-profile figures. A former Sheffield United youth player, Mr Bearcroft revealed the horrors of Hillsborough remain close to his heart.

He said: "The day it happened I was watching Northampton Town versus Sheffield United, but had many friends at Hillsborough.

"I remember getting back into the car and hearing about it – I was in disbelief. I remember instantly thinking something wasn't right – semi-finals had been held at the ground for years, so why would it have happened now?

"I am friends with Alan Smith, a physio who worked all night trying to save people's lives.

"As a parent, I have taken my children to football games all over the world – but can't imagine what it would feel like to come home without them."

After a spell as chairman of Corby Town Football Club, the 67-year-old became interested in acting, before training as a theatre director.

He was named best director in the South West region by the National Operatic and Dramatic Association in 2008.

After setting up and later selling a murder mystery production company, Mr Bearcroft launched a musical stage show, Back to Broadway, which still tours today.

However, the release of his debut novel marks the end of a turbulent few months for Mr Bearcroft and his family after he suffered a heart attack in August.

Now recovering from a triple heart bypass, Mr Bearcroft is looking to focus more on his writing.

He said: "I have a few ideas for a sequel to Dangerous Score and a few other things. I am thoroughly enjoying myself."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney Empty Re: British actor publishes debut novel about football with lead character named George Clooney

Post by blubelle Sat 01 Dec 2012, 16:03

Maybe he thought the name recognition would help sell his book????
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down