George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland'

+29
Nicky80
bunny
Mazy
Lakin460
Blue Velvet
Pandora's Box
OofOof
macs
NotAvailable
noodle
Missa
lucy
ktsue2002
Best in Category
laetval
very vera
LornaDoone
cindigirl
it's me
Atalante
Pink Ice 1990
Bewitched
Katiedot
party animal - not!
watching
melbert
Maggy
Joanna
silly girl
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland'

Post by silly girl Wed 13 Feb 2013, 19:04

I love Hugh Laurie---this would be great!

Hugh Laurie in Talks for Villain Role in Clooney's 'Tomorrowlan

Disney's super secret sci-fi movie will be directed by Brad Bird and co-written by Damon Lindelof.

Hugh Laurie is in negotiations to play the villain in Tomorrowland, Disney’s top secret sci-fi project starring George Clooney and being directed by Brad Bird.

Brad Bird to Direct Damon Lindelof's Sci-Fi Feature '1952'
The plot of the movie project, which until a couple of weeks ago was being called 1952, is under lock and key, though it has been described as being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Steven Spielberg’s 1978 movie about a man searching for extra-terrestrials on Earth.

All that is known about Laurie’s character is that he serves as the movie’s antagonist.
Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script with Jeff Jensen, an editor at Entertainment Weekly.
The pedigree of Bird and Lindelof, their standing in the geek community and the force field of secrecy enveloping the project have raised interest in Tomorrowland.
Laurie is best known for his Emmy-nominated starring role as the brilliant but cold title character in Fox's House M.D. which ran from 2004-12. The show kept him busy, but he did find time to appear in the ensemble drama The Oranges and to lend his voice to such animated fare as Arthur Christmas and Monster vs. Aliens.
He is repped by WME.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland' - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to star in Disney's alien pic '1952', renamed 'Tomorrowland'

Post by Pink Ice 1990 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 20:12

Wow, verrry interesting. Besides the plot being kept so secret and being curious about that, I was wondering what the rest of the cast was going to be like. But then again, that's just me. The cast and how they play off each other is one of the most interesting points of films for me. The cast can be a lifesaver for an otherwise mediocre or downright terrible movie.

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 14 Feb 2013, 00:02

Disneymovies can be very boring and predictable, ..., so let's hope for the best. geek
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 14 Feb 2013, 00:54

I don't think I can handle Hugh Laurie and George in the same film. If they add Benedict Cumberbatch, I might pass out.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 03 Mar 2013, 20:50

This is a really long article. Only copied the plot line stuff that mentions GC.

Exclusive: The secret of Brad Bird's 'Tomorrowland' is not what you think
Can misinformation hurt a film with the public as much as genuine spoilers?

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The "Tomorrowland" that they keep referring to in this break-down appears to be a place where science has blown past the world we live in, and when Frank Walker was a young man, he first encountered the promise of Tomorrowland at the 1964 World's Fair. David Nix was there, showing off his own work, and he told Walker to come back when he was older and his inventions actually worked. A girl named Athena saw great promise in 11-year-old Frank, though, and she snuck him into Tomorrowland. Eventually, Frank was discovered by Nix and thrown out, but not before learning that the girl he loved, Athena, was actually a robot.

By the time we meet Frank in the film, he's much older, and George Clooney is set to play the part. Nix is the role that Hugh Laurie is signed for, and by the point the main story of the film kicks in, Nix has been in charge of Disneyland for many years, and he's become rotten, corrupt. Athena, unchanged since Frank was a young man, plays a key role in the film, and the hero is a girl named Casey who has a quick scientific mind that becomes important as the story unfolds. Nix is a guy who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking, and when he throws Frank out of Tomorrowland, he's not alone. Every creative thinker is banished, allowing Nix to focus purely on aesthetics and technical advancement for its own sake.

There's interdimensional travel, human-looking robots, and a quest for revenge on the part of Frank. He is a bitter adult, and the film is not just about Casey's adventure, but also about Frank rediscovering the kid he used to be. It sounds like young Frank actually plays a decent-sized role in the film, so we may see both timelines play out to some extent.

So… if this is in fact a description of "Tomorrowland," what do you think? And before you respond, try not to compare this to the Jim Hill story, which was based on nothing but speculation. It is patently unfair to say, "Well, I thought it was better when it was about UFOs," because it has never been about UFOs. Even so, I'm curious to see how many people get upset because suddenly this is about something totally different than they originally thought.

It's a hard spot for any filmmaker to be in, having their material picked through this early, and in a case like this, just the names involved have raised expectations dramatically. It would be brilliant of them to make sure that all story details stay secret by building an elaborate cover story, but I suspect that's not what is going on here. I think this is our first real look at what "Tomorrowland" is all about, and I do love the idea of a place where the best version of Walt Disney's dream of a world where imagination and creativity are unfettered has been realized, only to be corrupted over time. Right now, one of the things that Disney is working on as a studio is making sure that Walt Disney remains a central part of the iconography of the studio that bears his name, and celebrating his passion for the future in a big adventure movie is a really smart way of doing that.

If anyone out there has that issue of "Amazing Stories" from August 1928, I'd love to know if there are any stories in there about alternate dimensions. Everyone kept pointing out that the first "Buck Rogers" story was published in that issue, but I don't think that's the clue. I want to know if there was anything in that issue that might suggest how characters from our world get to Tomorrowland, and what it is that they might expect to see when they get there.

So tell me… if you spend months speculating about a film and the film ends up having nothing to do with what you've had bouncing around in your head, do you end up disappointed even though no one ever promised that other version to you? Or do you just treat speculation as a fun part of the process without taking it seriously? And what do you think now that you've heard some details about "Tomorrowland"? Are you ready to take a trip there?

If so, "Tomorrowland" arrives in theaters December 19, 2014.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 03 Mar 2013, 22:09

Meh...I rather liked the idea of a Disney bio pic. This doesn't get me as excited.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 03 Mar 2013, 23:40

I love watching ice age and other fun films, this seems to me a fun adventure type with the kids involved. George's character will be learning how to readjust his thinking as someone wanting revenge and thats a big op for him to use his well known skills in being emotional. This will be more fun than you think. And filming will no doubt be done right there at Disney studios. At a fun park. George gets the perks, hmm?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 04 Mar 2013, 16:35

This movie keeps getting strange and stranger... well apparently this new plot is not officially confirmed, so I'll wait. Still as it is it makes me wander what exactly attracted him to do this ?
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Mar 2013, 17:58

I'm with Macs on this...doesn't seem like a George kind of film!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 13 Mar 2013, 00:55

New info:

Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof's new Disney sci-fi film Tomorrowland is set to start shooting this August in Vancouver for five months. George Clooney (The Descendants) and Hugh Laurie (House) are already set to star in the secretive film project, and I'm excited to see what becomes of it.

I loved the new description of the story, which ended up being nothing like we thought it would. In case you missed it here ya go,

"The “Tomorrowland” that they keep referring to in this break-down appears to be a place where science has blown past the world we live in, and when Frank Walker was a young man, he first encountered the promise of Tomorrowland at the 1964 World’s Fair. David Nix was there, showing off his own work, and he told Walker to come back when he was older and his inventions actually worked. A girl named Athena saw great promise in 11-year-old Frank, though, and she snuck him into Tomorrowland. Eventually, Frank was discovered by Nix and thrown out, but not before learning that the girl he loved, Athena, was actually a robot.

By the time we meet Frank in the film, he’s much older, and George Clooney is set to play the part. Nix is the role that Hugh Laurie is signed for, and by the point the main story of the film kicks in, Nix has been in charge of Disneyland for many years, and he’s become rotten, corrupt. Athena, unchanged since Frank was a young man, plays a key role in the film, and the hero is a girl named Casey who has a quick scientific mind that becomes important as the story unfolds. Nix is a guy who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking, and when he throws Frank out of Tomorrowland, he’s not alone. Every creative thinker is banished, allowing Nix to focus purely on aesthetics and technical advancement for its own sake."

The movie is set to be released December 19th, 2014, and like all big budget tent pole movies these days, I'm sure it will be in 3D.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Mar 2013, 01:08

Mm. So His Nibs won't be there at the beginning of filming if they film chronologically.....gives him a chance to keep working on all the other stuff. 'August:Osage County' at Venice FF?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Mar 2013, 01:33

party animal - not! wrote:. 'August:Osage County' at Venice FF?
O/T, but it's supposed to be released in November, so a good chance it will be at Venice!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora's Box Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:18

if preproduction for Tomorrowland starts Aug 19 in Vancouver, then Clooney should be filming a few weeks later. Or maybe straight after the TiFF. And he'll spend his summer editing MM.
Pandora's Box
Pandora's Box
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Velvet Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:55

Yes, George Clooney be filming Tomorrowland in the fall. After the festivals.

Blue Velvet
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Velvet Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:57

[abuse deleted by Katiedot]

Blue Velvet
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Velvet Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:59

[abuse deleted by Katiedot]

Blue Velvet
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Apr 2013, 09:42

CTV had an article on this, starting 'Swoon', but cannot remember if it was a tv piece or web article. Sorry

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 18 Apr 2013, 22:15

Casting news:

George Clooney's 'Tomorrowland' Finds Its Robot Child (Exclusive)
1:23 PM PDT 4/18/2013 by Borys Kit

English actress Raffey Cassidy, who played a young Kristen Stewart in "Snow White and the Huntsman," will co-star in this top-secret Brad Bird sci-fi project.

Raffey Cassidy, the English actress who played a young Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman, is set to star opposite George Clooney in Tomorrowland, Disney’s top-secret feature project being directed by Brad Bird.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Hugh Laurie in Talks for Villain Role in Clooney's 'Tomorrowland' (Exclusive)

Disney Retitles Mysterious George Clooney-Brad Bird Film 'Tomorrowland'
The plot of the script is under lock and key, though it has been described as being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Steven Spielberg’s 1978 movie about a man searching for extra-terrestrials on Earth.
Cassidy will play a young girl robot who has been around for decades. Also a key factor: she knows several fighting styles. She has a previous relationship with Clooney’s character, a bitter inventor.

Hugh Laurie is the movie’s antagonist.
Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script with Jeff Jensen, an editor at Entertainment Weekly.
The pedigree of Bird and Lindelof, their standing in the geek community and the force field of secrecy enveloping the project have put Tomorrowland under the microscope in the fandom community.
The casting is a huge coup for Cassidy, who came out on top of a worldwide search.
In addition to her Huntsman appearance as a young Kristen Stewart, also played a young Eva Green in last year’s Dark Shadows. She also appears in the British TV series of Mr.Selfridge and plays the title character in the indie Molly Moon: The Incredible Hypnotist.
Cassidy is repped by Gersh, Luber Roklin and Shepherd Management in the UK.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 20 Apr 2013, 05:39

Casting Report For Brad Bird’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Seems to Confirm Plot Rumors

Posted on Thursday, April 18th, 2013 by Russ Fischer

A few film creators are working overtime to ensure that their upcoming projects stay as secret as possible. Christopher Nolan and his cinematographer/protege director Wally Pfister are one such team, and JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof are another. Accordingly, Brad Bird‘s next film, Tomorrowland, co-scripted by Lindelof (with Jeff Jensen), is a project about which we know relatively little.

We know that Tomorrowland is inspired in part by artifacts and ideas from Walt Disney. And we’ve heard that it has some similarity, if only in tone, to Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Lindelof has said that aliens aren’t a big factor, and we know that George Clooney plays the lead and Hugh Laurie the antagonist. And we had heard a plot description that may or may not have been true.

Now, a bit of casting news seems to confirm the plot.

The news is that Raffey Cassidy, the actress who played a young Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman, has been cast in an important Tomorrowland role. The specifics of that role give away something big about the film, however, and so we’ll run down the details after the break. Potential spoilers follow.

THR reports that Cassidy’s role is that of “a young girl robot who has been around for decades. Also a key factor: she knows several fighting styles. She has a previous relationship with Clooney’s character, a bitter inventor.”

That’s a pretty big reveal, and one which seems to put the film closer to something like AI than Close Encounters. Combine it with this reported plot description to get a better picture of the film:

A teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth.

Clooney is the middle-aged man; Laurie is reportedly the guy who once kicked him out of Tomorrowland. HitFix was the source of the plot reveal, and has even more detail. Frankly, I’d advise you not to read it all. The secrecy, such as it can be maintained, is good for the film. Everything above will likely be revealed in trailers for the movie, but hopefully some of the other secrets will remain hidden for a while longer.

And this is the hitfix article referred to, which I think has already been posted here before:

Exclusive: The secret of Brad Bird's 'Tomorrowland' is not what you think
Can misinformation hurt a film with the public as much as genuine spoilers?

BY DREW MCWEENY SUNDAY, MAR 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Secrecy in Hollywood is a tricky thing.

When you're dealing with a collaborative art form, you have many people involved and at times, you have so many people involved that there is no way to keep them all locked down and on message, and things leak. I've been the beneficiary of those leaks many times over the years, and I've had filmmakers ask me if there is any way to keep things from getting out. There are ways to do it, but it can be tricky.

One of the most difficult points in the process to keep protected is casting because there is information that gets sent out to agencies, and in many cases, the entire script is also sent. I've gotten some of my best scoops from friends at different agencies, and there are certain films that I put on a list to let those friends know that something is a priority. Sometimes you end up with a story because you've been chasing it, and sometimes things just fall into your hands. It's a very strange process, all things considered.

I remember when I broke the first information anywhere about "Cloverfield," before anyone was even aware there was a project called "Cloverfield." I didn't realize at the time just how secretive everything was going to be on that film, and I'm not sure the first source I had on the film had any idea it was meant to be quite such a secret. By the time I was told how close they wanted to play everything to the vest, I'd already put up a piece that not only told you what the teaser trailer would show, but that the film was going to be a found-footage giant monster movie.

I laid it out pretty plainly in that first article, and then the infamous teaser trailer arrived, and suddenly people started speculating about what the film was going to be. And despite me having given the game away up front, people began to speculate, and speculation was eventually misreported as fact, and for months, I just sort of marveled at how invested people got in information that was never right. People argued over every single little clue, especially things that turned out to have nothing to do with anything. Until the day I die, I'll never understand how a certain percentage of people managed to convince themselves that "Cloverfield" was an elaborate cover story for a "Voltron" movie.

What I've noticed in the sixteen or so years that I've been doing this online is that when people accept misinformation as truth, they tend to get very angry when the eventual film does not match up with that misinformation. People get angry when fake spoilers turn out not to be true because they've had time to get attached to the untrue rumors, and if that sounds crazy, that's because it sort of is crazy. And yet, when you've got angry fans, it doesn't really matter how or why they ended up that way.

Disney obviously wants "Tomorrowland" to be a major tentpole movie, and I think the notion of Brad Bird directing with Damon Lindelof writing is very promising. The whole "mystery box" set-up that they've been playing out in the media is fun, but now that people are starting to publish detailed pieces about what they think the box represents, they're getting into that territory where expectations are being established, and people may be setting themselves up for another moment where they end up sitting in a theater opening day and, for reasons that seem perfectly rational to them, get angry that they didn't just see "Voltron."

I liked Jim Hill's guess about "Tomorrowland." It made sense, it built off of real Disney lore, and it seemed to fit neatly into concerns that both Bird and Lindelof have dealt with in other work. But if what I just read about the film is true, Jim Hill's theory is a million miles away from what the film is actually about. In fact, there's been nothing that I've seen anyone guess that remotely seems to connect to what they're actually doing…

… unless they're lying. And that is possible.

After all, as I mentioned, I've told several filmmakers over the years that the moment they lose control of information is when they send out either scripts or detailed break-downs for the purposes of casting. That sort of thing goes out fairly wide, and even if agencies try to keep things locked down, there are a lot of eyes on those documents.

If I were making something uber-secret in that climate, I would send out break-downs that ask for the right kind of actor for casting while offering up story and character details that are absolutely inaccurate. That way, they'll see the right actors, but if anything leaks, it's misinformation and nothing is ruined.

Do I know for sure if this is the "real" logline description for "Tomorrowland"? Nope. But what I do know is that this is the official description that's being used to help assemble a cast, and it offers the first concrete plot ideas for what we'll see when "Tomorrowland" arrives in theaters in 2014.

"A teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth."

See what I mean? That's not at all what I expected.

The "Tomorrowland" that they keep referring to in this break-down appears to be a place where science has blown past the world we live in, and when Frank Walker was a young man, he first encountered the promise of Tomorrowland at the 1964 World's Fair. David Nix was there, showing off his own work, and he told Walker to come back when he was older and his inventions actually worked. A girl named Athena saw great promise in 11-year-old Frank, though, and she snuck him into Tomorrowland. Eventually, Frank was discovered by Nix and thrown out, but not before learning that the girl he loved, Athena, was actually a robot.

By the time we meet Frank in the film, he's much older, and George Clooney is set to play the part. Nix is the role that Hugh Laurie is signed for, and by the point the main story of the film kicks in, Nix has been the mayor of Tomorrowland for many years, and he's become rotten, corrupt. Athena, unchanged since Frank was a young man, plays a key role in the film, and the hero is a girl named Casey who has a quick scientific mind that becomes important as the story unfolds. Nix is a guy who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking, and when he throws Frank out of Tomorrowland, he's not alone. Every creative thinker is banished, allowing Nix to focus purely on aesthetics and technical advancement for its own sake.

There's interdimensional travel, human-looking robots, and a quest for revenge on the part of Frank. He is a bitter adult, and the film is not just about Casey's adventure, but also about Frank rediscovering the kid he used to be. It sounds like young Frank actually plays a decent-sized role in the film, so we may see both timelines play out to some extent.

So… if this is in fact a description of "Tomorrowland," what do you think? And before you respond, try not to compare this to the Jim Hill story, which was based on nothing but speculation. It is patently unfair to say, "Well, I thought it was better when it was about UFOs," because it has never been about UFOs. Even so, I'm curious to see how many people get upset because suddenly this is about something totally different than they originally thought.

It's a hard spot for any filmmaker to be in, having their material picked through this early, and in a case like this, just the names involved have raised expectations dramatically. It would be brilliant of them to make sure that all story details stay secret by building an elaborate cover story, but I suspect that's not what is going on here. I think this is our first real look at what "Tomorrowland" is all about, and I do love the idea of a place where the best version of Walt Disney's dream of a world where imagination and creativity are unfettered has been realized, only to be corrupted over time. Right now, one of the things that Disney is working on as a studio is making sure that Walt Disney remains a central part of the iconography of the studio that bears his name, and celebrating his passion for the future in a big adventure movie is a really smart way of doing that.

If anyone out there has that issue of "Amazing Stories" from August 1928, I'd love to know if there are any stories in there about alternate dimensions. Everyone kept pointing out that the first "Buck Rogers" story was published in that issue, but I don't think that's the clue. I want to know if there was anything in that issue that might suggest how characters from our world get to Tomorrowland, and what it is that they might expect to see when they get there.

So tell me… if you spend months speculating about a film and the film ends up having nothing to do with what you've had bouncing around in your head, do you end up disappointed even though no one ever promised that other version to you? Or do you just treat speculation as a fun part of the process without taking it seriously? And what do you think now that you've heard some details about "Tomorrowland"? Are you ready to take a trip there?

If so, "Tomorrowland" arrives in theaters December 19, 2014.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:01

Thanks to Les Frenchies for this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrowland begins filming in November

Hugh Laurie released a second album of American standards. The actor-singer who has not forgotten Dr. House came to speak Monday night on the set of TF1.

It is now famous for its white coat and cane: the famous Dr. House . However, Hugh Laurie has many strings to his bow. He's acting but also singing and writing. On the occasion of the release of his second album "Did not it rain", he came to trust the set of TF1 Monday night. Because the song is a passion for him kid. "I love music since I was a kid, "he says.

"When you go home at night after work, or listening to music, or we play," he says. He chose to play. Because "when I get home, I will continue to play Othello alone in my room," he quips. In his new album, he took American jazz standards and blues. In this style, "there is a form, a structure of the songs that I love," admits Hugh Laurie. But "there has been much focus on the emotion of the songs that are not just pleasing to hear sounds," he says. "Everything revolves around the song and the stories they tell," he says.

Dr. House again? "Everything is possible!"

In France, his first album had sold 200,000 copies. A success that reflects the love of the French for hazz. "The French have a large number of forms of jazz continue to exist, so that the American public had lost interest in the genre in favor of pop and hip hop," says the admiring singer.

Julien Arnaud and when asked if Dr. House is missing and if he plans to one day take over the suit, he does not respond with a resounding no. In the end, "he does not die, attention, so anything is possible," he says, "I have great affection for this character." In his view, it is "very entertaining, very fun, very smart." But, says the artist, "eight years is a long time to stay on one character, one series." "I could have become a real doctor during this time", he says.

By then in any case, another project is already taking shape: the actor must film with George Clooney in "Tomorrow Land", he confirms. "We start shooting in November, and it looks great!"

VIDEO. Nouvel album, Dr House, George Clooney : Hugh Laurie se confie sur TF1
Edité par Anne-Claire HUET
le 29 avril 2013 à 22h30 , mis à jour le 29 avril 2013 à 22h45.
TEMPS DE LECTURE
3min

Hugh Laurie, docteur blues Vidéo jt_tf1_20h
Partager

Envoyer à un ami

À lire aussi

Hugh Laurie, docteur blues

EN IMAGES. Le Top 10 des séries les plus regardées en France

Dr House : 5 webisodes avant la fin de la série

docteur house , hugh laurie , musique , jazzman
PEOPLE
Hugh Laurie sort un deuxième album de reprises de standards américains. Le comédien-chanteur qui n'a pas oublié Dr House est venu en parler lundi soir sur le plateau du TF1.
Il est désormais célèbre pour sa blouse blanche et sa canne : le fameux Docteur House. Pourtant, Hugh Laurie a de nombreuses cordes à son arc. Il joue la comédie mais il chante et écrit aussi. A l'occasion de la sortie de son deuxième album "Didn't it rain", il est venu se confier sur le plateau de TF1 lundi soir. Car la chanson est pour lui une passion de gosse. "J'adore la musique depuis que je suis gamin", confie-t-il.

"Quand on rentre chez soi le soir après le travail, soit on écoute de la musique, soit on en joue", explique-t-il. Lui a choisi d'en jouer. Car "quand je rentre chez moi, je ne vais continuer à jouer Othello seul dans ma chambre", ironise-t-il. Dans son nouvel album, il reprend des standards américains du jazz et blues. Dans ce style, "il y a une forme, une structure des chansons que j'adore", avoue Hugh Laurie. Mais "on s'est beaucoup concentrés sur l'émotion des chansons, ce ne sont pas simplement des sons agréables à entendre", assure-t-il. "Tout tourne autour des chanson et, des histoires qu'elles racontent ", poursuit-il.

Recommencer Dr House ? "Tout est possible !"

En France, son premier album s'était vendu à 200.000 exemplaires. Un succès qu'il explique par l'amour des Français pour le hazz. "Les Français ont permis qu'un grand nombre de formes de jazz continuent à exister, alors que le public américain avait perdu le goût de ce genre de musique au profit de la pop ou du hip hop", raconte le chanteur admiratif.

Et quand Julien Arnaud lui demande si Dr House lui manque et s'il envisage d'en reprendre un jour le costume, il ne répond pas par un non catégorique. A la fin, "il ne meurt pas, attention, donc tout est possible", explique-t-il, "j'ai beaucoup d'affection pour ce personnage". A ses yeux, il est "très divertissant, très amusant, très intelligent". Mais, souligne l'interprète, "huit ans c'est très long pour rester sur un seul personnage, une seule série." "J'aurais pu devenir un vrai médecin pendant ce laps de temps !", conclut-il.

D'ici là en tous cas, un autre projet se dessine déjà : l'acteur doit tourner avec George Clooney dans "Tomorrow Land", confirme-t-il. "On commence le tournage en novembre, et ça a l'air génial !"
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:47

Interesting................November, not August. That makes more sense

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Apr 2013, 13:07

Or maybe it's just his part that starts filming in November? No idea.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 30 Apr 2013, 13:33

I agree....look at MM. The stars have a staggered filming schedule. So who knows when GC will start filming.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 14 May 2013, 03:46

Damon Lindelof talks about GC:

minute 1:56

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 May 2013, 10:48

It's always good and refreshing to hear about George from
people who actually KNOW him isn't it ?
Thanks for that SG !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 14 May 2013, 13:52

Thanks, sillygirl! That was a great interview vid! If I could, I would pay you & others money for such consistent posting of great stuff! Hahahahahahaha!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 14 May 2013, 14:40

Thanks Lakin, I wish I could find a job where I just surfed the net for interesting articles....most of what I find is if someone tweets it.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 18 May 2013, 12:33

Casting Call: 'Tomorrowland,' 'Transcendence' Add Actors
5:11 PM PDT 5/17/2013 by Borys Kit

The Brad Bird and Wally Pfister movies are rounding out their casts.

Thomas Robinson and Cory Hardrict

ITEM! Young Thomas Robinson has been cast in what is being described by insiders as a “pivotal” role in Disney’s Tomorrowland, the top-secret project being helmed by Brad Bird.

George Clooney, Raffey Cassidy and Hugh Laurie are the stars in the movie that has a release date of Dec. 19, 2014.

Robinson appeared in the Jason Bateman-Jennifer Anniston comedy The Switch and was part of the cast for ABC’s short-lived series The Protector. He is repped by Domain Talent and managed by Maryellen Mulcahy at Framework Entertainment.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 21 May 2013, 09:08

I guess this is an up-date of sorts.

DAMON LINDELOF TALKS TOMORROWLAND, STORY STEEPED IN DISNEY HISTORY BUT ‘‘NONE OF THE MOVIE TAKES PLACE IN A DISNEYLAND PARK’’
by Brendan Bettinger Posted: May 20th, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Damon Lindelof is on the interview circuit, mostly explaining what he did with Star Trek Into Darkness. Lost ended in 2006, and Lindelof is waiting to hear if HBO will pick up his Rapture series The Leftovers, which would throw him back into the grind of producing a television show. In the transition years, Lindelof has tackled a variety of sci-fi tentpoles: Star Trek, Cowboys & Aliens, Prometheus. The next is Tomorrowland, an intriguing project at Disney that Brad Bird (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) will direct. George Clooney, Hugh Laurie, and Raffey Cassidy are on board to star.

Rumored plot details leaked in March. Lindelof didn’t elaborate much on what was out there other than to say some of the public information is “completely and totally erroneous.” But he did discuss the inspiration behind the project, how he wants to give Tomorrowland a story (the Pirates of the Caribbean treatment), and his fascination with Disney history. Read what he had to say after the jump.

Lindelof spoke at length to Grantland. After the controversial ending of Lost, the Prometheus debate, and the Star Trek Into Darkness mystery box, Lindelof embraces his role as a lightning rod, so it’s worth a read. Below are the Tomorrowland excerpts.

On what he wants to do for Tomorrowland:

I’ve always been fascinated by Disneyland and Disney World, and my favorite part of the park was always Tomorrowland. But there’s no story there. Like, if you go into Fantasyland, there’s just story happening all around you everywhere, whether it’s sort of a direct kind of connection to a movie that you know or a fairy tale that you know, and the same with, like, Frontierland, or when you go in the Haunted Mansion. My son, who’s 6, when he went on Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time, Jack Sparrow is a part of that ride. He’s going to see the movies in two years, when he’s old enough, and he’s going to think that the movies were the inspiration for the ride, versus the other way around. I would love to do that for Tomorrowland, you know? I would love to give Tomorrowland a story, because right now, Tomorrowland is kind of being taken over by Star Wars — which is great, but it’s called Tomorrowland. Star Wars is a galaxy a long time ago, far, far away. Star Wars is not about our future.

On how his Tomorrowland is part Neil deGrasse Tyson, part Dan Brown:

And there’s this Neil deGrasse Tyson speech — you can YouTube it — and he gave an eloquent and beautiful talk about how the abandonment of the space program after we landed on the moon is responsible for the fact that we no longer have an optimistic view of our future. I just said, “There’s a movie in there somewhere.” And that was the beginning of me curating this rather fascinating “is it or isn’t it?” Disney history in this kind of Dan Brown, Da Vinci Code way. Like, all these things that I didn’t know about, the history of Tomorrowland in the park, and could that be the basis of something? Even though the movie is not about the park — I will say this exclusively to you, that none of the movie takes place in a Disneyland park.

On what this box (pictured right) is all about, and how there are many more like it in the Disney archives:

This box is — ironically or fortuitously or coincidentally, or maybe this is why I was interested in it, it’s another infamous mystery box, except this mystery box can be opened and displayed and shared. I will say that by the end of this summer, summer of ’13, we will be giving an explicit sort of curation of what inspired the movie, and then people will at least have a sense of what we’re excited about doing, if not the story.

That history of the company is really amazing, particularly the history of the parks. The Disney company went public, and then Walt started WED, which was his little black-ops division. He hired these guys to start developing these really interesting ideas, some of which got made and some of which didn’t, some of which have been seen, some of which haven’t. This stuff — it’s a little bit like that Ark of the Covenant room, except it’s not just one room; it’s spread out over these three campuses in Burbank. And nobody’s going through this stuff. There’s just not enough time in the day. Like, if it’s the original cel art for Lady and the Tramp, that stuff is fiercely guarded and catalogued, but if it’s just random miscellany that nobody knows what to do with, it’s just kind of sitting there. So this particular box, the box we tweeted — Disney was developing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. [David] Fincher’s developing it now, but before that, I think McG was developing it, and I think he requested all the design work from the original ride in Disneyland, the Nautilus ride. And this box was in with that stuff. You know, what was it doing there? Who knows — but what’s more exciting is there’s probably, like, 50 boxes like that waiting.

On keeping secrets in a spoiler culture:

But I think that, you know, there’s a lot of things out there about the movie, some of which are completely and totally erroneous, some of which are completely and totally dead-on, and I don’t know why I keep finding myself being a secret-keeper, but at the same time, the movie’s going to come out Christmas of ’14, which is 19 months from now. So to just say like, ‘Here — this is the story of a blah blah blah that then goes to so so so and discovers a blah blah blah, and then everybody lives happily ever after’ — I just, I hate that feeling when the trailer is, like, awesome for the first 40 seconds, and then they show you that one thing and you just go, ‘Ugh, I wish I didn’t know that.’ … So I’m just going to try to — in a landscape that is constantly trying to give people too much, somebody has to be representing ‘not enough.’

Tomorrowland is scheduled for release December 19, 2014.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jun 2013, 07:25

Tomorrowland begins filming in Vancouver on 1 August. Think we already knew this:

Other feature films in Vancouver include:

. Tomorrowland, which Hollywood Reporter described as a "top secret" Disney film, begins filming Aug. 1 until Jan. 1, 2014. It stars George Clooney, Hugh Laurie and Raffey Cassidy.

Thanks Henway for the link
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 08 Jun 2013, 10:56

Just because it starts filming Aug 1 doesn't mean GC will need to be there at that time....he could come later. Just throwing that out there....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Jun 2013, 11:12

Yep. Think I remember co-star Hugh Laurie saying in his pre-concert interviews in the UK that he didn't start filming til November. Which sounds like a good fit for editing, Venice, Premieres etc.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Jun 2013, 14:13

From August first to November?? What the hell of movie is it?!?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Jun 2013, 07:07

A perfectly normal film, It's Me.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Jun 2013, 07:11

Isn't it a bit long? With so less money around.... Or maybe because it's a Disney's one?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 09 Jun 2013, 09:30

A typical Disney story, some good guys and a bad guy. Boring. Sleep Maybe just good enough for the American kids. Why ever is G.C. in such a project ???

Anyway I've read about the latest Star Trek Movie for which Lindelof was responsible and it's got bad critics in Belgium: 2/4 because of a very weak plot. tongue
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Jun 2013, 09:46

Oh my! Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Jun 2013, 14:13

it's me wrote:Isn't it a bit long? With so less money around.... Or maybe because it's a Disney's one?
It's Me, George has already been working on MM at least that long. He will not be on set for Tomorrowland all that time. I don't believe that he is in every scene for the whole movie.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Jun 2013, 14:24

Well, I hope so!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Sun 09 Jun 2013, 16:11

Atalante wrote:A typical Disney story, some good guys and a bad guy. Boring. Sleep Maybe just good enough for the American kids. Why ever is G.C. in such a project ???

Anyway I've read about the latest Star Trek Movie for which Lindelof was responsible and it's got bad critics in Belgium: 2/4 because of a very weak plot. tongue

I have seen the new Star Trek movie and it was great! It was fun. I think the writing was good.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 10 Jun 2013, 00:24

What's your nationality and how old are you exactly ? Whistle
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 10 Jun 2013, 00:48

Atalante wrote:What's your nationality and how old are you exactly ? Whistle

American, 47
- advanced degree
- well read.
I also love movies. Smile
bunny
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 10 Jun 2013, 01:07

Well, it starts out with the kids doing things, or the boy and the robot girl. But nit sure what exactly will be going on, but I think what they will do, is incidentally set off a string of situations that lead to something, in the future of George's character as a embittered older man.

And he and the robot girl find a young girl who is a genius, which has been one if the things wrong with Tomorrowland. Hugh Laurie's character has controlled everything to the point of kicking out all intelligent geniuses who might figure out something he doesn't want them to.

But I think it will also have a theme about how important our space programs are for our future and of the survival of Earth itself, perhaps. Not just a cardboard film about science fiction/fantasy usual children's film.

That was the impression I have been getting from all the articles on it.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 10 Jun 2013, 01:47

From all I have read, Tomorrowland looks like a fun "popcorn" movie. I do not feel its going to be that deep. But if they do it right, it should be entertaining.
bunny
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 22:48

Just an update.

Posted in: Movies Posted: June 20, 2013
GEORGE CLOONEY’S ‘TOMORROWLAND’ SETS NEW RELEASE DATE

George Clooney’s science fiction flick Tomorrowland will hit theaters a few days earlier than expected.

Disney recently released their new schedule which outlines projects for the next couple of years. In addition to announcing the date and title for the new Muppets movie, the studio revealed Clooney’s upcoming flick will arrive in cinemas a week early.
Instead of hitting theaters on December 19, 2014, Tomorrowland is now slated to arrive on December 12, 2014. I know that’s a pretty big change, so hopefully it won’t derail your plans too much.

According to Comic Book Movie, Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted is set to arrive on March 21, 2014. This movie has nothing whatsoever to do with George Clooney or Tomorrowland, but it’s an amusing tidbit nonetheless.

While Clooney is attached to star and Brad Bird is slated to direct, the lead role in the film has yet to be cast. The Hollywood Reporter explains Disney is currently eyeing two up-and-coming actresses for the part. Insiders told the website the role has the potential to be “star-making.”

Britt Robertson (Under the DomeTerra Nova, Lemonade Mouth) are reportedly being tested for the role Casey Newton. Raffey Cassidy is already on-board as a robot while House M.D. alum Hugh Laurie will portray the film’s villain.

Outside of the details you just read, there isn’t a lot of information about Tomorrowland currently floating around.

However, the film has been described as being very similar to Steven Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That’s a certainly a very bold statement.

George Clooney can be seen next in the sci-fi flick Gravity with Sandra Bullock. The pair portray astronauts who find themselves stranded after an accident prevents them from getting back inside a space station. If you haven’t seen the teaser trailer, then feast your eyes on the clip below.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Jun 2013, 23:02

bunny wrote:
Atalante wrote:What's your nationality and how old are you exactly ?  Whistle

American, 47
- advanced degree
- well read.
I also love movies.   Smile
American, that's a danger zone ! super cool
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 00:43

A little bit different
THE NEWS BUNDLE: BRITT ROBERTSON AND 'TERRA NOVA' STAR FRONTRUNNERS FOR LEAD ROLE IN DISNEY'S 'TOMORROWLAND' WITH GEORGE CLOONEY

With Disney moving Tomorrowland up a week, it's clear the studio is anxious to get the ball rolling on the project sooner rather than later. While two big names are attached for lead roles in the film, the last sporadic casting updates have dealt with unknowns that fill key roles but haven't exactly excited us just yet. Now as we inch closer and closer to cameras rolling later this year, it's now being said another very important part in the film may be close to finally finding a face.

THR reports that Under the Dome star Britt Robertson and Terra Nova's Naomi Scott are both testing for the lead role of Disney's mystery sci-fi feature Tomorrowland.

The site states that they are the finalists for the role and both will be undergoing a full hair and make-up test in Vancouver early next month. However, they caution that if testing proves inconclusive then the look for the lead will continue beyond the two names.

Whichever one is successful will join a cast that includes George Clooney, Hugh Laurie and young actors Thomas Robinson and Raffey Cassidy.

Alleged plot details describe Tomorrowland starting with a young robot (Cassidy) who introduces a young and aspiring inventor Frank Walker (assumed to be Robinson) to the magical world of Tomorrowland in 1964. The android, named Athena, sneaks him into the location contained within an alternate dimension, but is cast out by inventor and renowned visionary David Nix (Laurie).

As Walker (Clooney) grows up, still in pursuit of Tomorrowland, he meets a girl named Casey Newton as they embark on an adventure of interdimensional travel, tech, science, revenge and rediscovering Frank's inner child he's shut out for years.

Robertson and Scott are duking it out for Casey as she is describes as "a rebellious teenage girl who comes to Clooney’s character, a disgruntled inventor, for help on a quest." In addition, the report states that the role of Casey has the potential to be a break out part that could create Hollywood's next it-girl.

With Brad Bird directing from a script he co-wrote with Damon Lindelof, Tomorrowland is set for release on December 12th, 2014.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 20:31

GEORGE CLOONEY AND HUGH LAURIE ARE COMING TO VANCOUVER

JUNE 20, 2013
Posted by Felix Kay  
Tomorrowland starts filming in Vancouver this August, and it’s kind of a big deal.

The upcoming  science fiction film directed, co-written, and produced by Brad Bird (The Incredibles, Ratatouille)will star George Clooney and Hugh Laurie (as the villain).

Bird partially filmed his live-action flick Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Vancouver, which must have played a part in why Bird is bringing his next movie here.

See Also:
At one point the film was going by the title “1952″ and plot details for the film were kept under lock and key, until now….
Hit Fix’s Drew McWeeny posted the logline description that has been used for casting calls. While no one is quite sure if this is an official description, it seems safe to assume that it is.

“A teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth.”

The “Tomorrowland” that they keep referring to in this break-down appears to be a place where science has blown past the world we live in, and when Frank Walker was a young man, he first encountered the promise of Tomorrowland at the 1964 World’s Fair. David Nix was there, showing off his own work, and he told Walker to come back when he was older and his inventions actually worked. A girl named Athena saw great promise in 11-year-old Frank, though, and she snuck him into Tomorrowland. Eventually, Frank was discovered by Nix and thrown out, but not before learning that the girl he loved, Athena, was actually a robot.

By the time we meet Frank in the film, he’s much older, and George Clooney is set to play the part. Nix is the role that Hugh Laurie is signed for, and by the point the main story of the film kicks in, Nix has been in charge of Disneyland for many years, and he’s become rotten, corrupt. Athena, unchanged since Frank was a young man, plays a key role in the film, and the hero is a girl named Casey who has a quick scientific mind that becomes important as the story unfolds. Nix is a guy who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking, and when he throws Frank out of Tomorrowland, he’s not alone. Every creative thinker is banished, allowing Nix to focus purely on aesthetics and technical advancement for its own sake.
There’s interdimensional travel, human-looking robots, and a quest for revenge on the part of Frank. He is a bitter adult, and the film is not just about Casey’s adventure, but also about Frank rediscovering the kid he used to be. It sounds like young Frank actually plays a decent-sized role in the film, so we may see both timelines play out to some extent. – Drew McWeeny

Clooney and company will arrive at the end of July, early August to start production, with Tomorrowland set to be released December 19th, 2014, in 3D.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Jun 2013, 20:55

End of July?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 21:53

End of July would be very early. Means no vacation really for George. I thought he is suppose to be there in November? scratch
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next