George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister

+12
Henway
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
Merlin
Vi
playfuldeb
it's me
Joanna
MM
silly girl
Maggy
Katiedot
16 posters

Go down

Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister Empty Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:39

Well, it's a re-hash of the interview she recently 'gave' but I guess it's time to make a thread for her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Who is George Clooney's Sister? 12 Facts About Adelia Zeidler

By Piper Weiss

Wait George Clooney has a sister? Meet Adelia Zeidler, older sibling to the sexiest man alive. Where has she been and why haven't we seen her on any celebrity sibling Us Weekly spreads?

By all accounts, she's been busy raising a family in Kentucky, working in payroll and accounting and trying to avoid questions like, "How do you feel about your brother being the sexiest man alive?"

But, for some reason, this week, the 52-year-old stepped into the spotlight to answer candid questions about her brother in an in-depth interview with the New York Daily News. What begins as a gossip story ripe for pick-up ("George Clooney's sister says he's not gay!") evolves into a profile of a unique lady with a very un-Hollywood lifestyle.

George Clooney's most famous relative

Adelia, or "Ada" as her friends know her, lives in Augusta, Kentucky a few blocks from her parents. She's held jobs at chain stores, raised two children, lost a husband. She's in the white pages. She calls her small town "pretty," enjoys that everybody knows each other, and marvels at the beauty of a nearby river. Ada's life seems to be simply pleasant, except for that George Clooney situation. You'd think it'd be easy to have a wildly rich and famous brother. It's not. Although it has its perks. Here's what we learned about life as Adelia Zeidler from the News' interview and some digging of our own.

1) Being the sister of George Clooney makes you a little paranoid. When they catch up with each other, the siblings usually don't talk about his personal life. Ada worries she might learn something private and accidentally pass it on in a conversation about her brother, who she forgets sometimes is also George Clooney. "I just generally keep him up with what's going on in my life," she tells the News. "I don't generally ask him what's going on in his life because I don't want to accidentally say something that I shouldn't."

2) Get this: She doesn't even have her brother's phone number. "I wouldn't want to have it in my phone and then lose my phone," she says. "He can phone me and he does occasionally, but email is more convenient for both of us."

3) Despite all of her protectiveness, she's surprising open with the News about her brother's life choices. For example, she doesn't think he's going to get married again. "If he was going to get married, he would want to be a husband and be somebody who would be there, who would have the time and the ability to focus on the family and the home and all of that," she says. "And in the business that he is in, he has to be able to get up and go."

4) Also she doesn't think he wants kids: "If he had children, when he was with them, he would be concerned about his career and if he was working he would be concerned about the children," she said. "And he doesn't think it would be fair to split his focus."

5) And he's not gay. This whole womanizer, girlfriend-hopping thing? She totally remembers him doing that all through high school. "Well, he had several girlfriends when he was going to high school down here. Never more than one at a time, he's not that kind of guy. But he would go out with someone for a few months and then go out with someone else for a few months."

(Getty Images)
6) Adelia considered the same career as her brother, and still thinks about what her life would have been like if she'd followed the path of an actor. "Yes, there is a part of me that would very much like to have become a famous actress or something like that," she says. "I enjoy acting and I was fairly okay at it, but I did not have a thick enough skin for it."

7) She has no regrets about the choices she has made. "I really enjoyed being a wife and a mother and that kind of wound up taking precedence with me," she tells the News. Adelia has two kids, Allison, 21, and Nicolas, 16. Nicolas was an extra in his uncle's movie "The Ides of March." Mom came to the set to watch.

Cool She doesn't love George's sex icon status. As you would expect, it's creepy when everyone talks about how much they want to sleep with your little brother. "I have a little difficulty seeing that," she says. "Granted I can look at him and see he's very attractive, but of course being his sister, it's a little odd."

9) Adelia is not as rich as her brother. She's worked at Kohl's and later Toys "R" Us as a bookkeeper. "I enjoyed it," she says. "But mostly it was a way to get the money to come home and pay the rent and those sorts of things."

10) She's probably as smart her brother. According to one family biography, published by a local Kentucky organization, she's an accountant and a former merit scholar. She went to college in Louisville and Northern Kentucky before settling down with her family.

The sexiest men alive: a look back

11) She's a widow. The Daily News article doesn't mention Adelia's husband, but a 2004 obituary published in a Cincinnati newspaper paints a moving picture of Norman Zeidler. He died at 47 of a heart attack. An artist, who served time in the Indiana national guard, he was attending a local college the year he passed away. "More than anything I will remember him as a loving father to our children," Adelia says of his memory. "He was a wonderful father. He really enjoyed being a father, being a daddy."

12) She's the exact opposite of her brother. It's hard to believe that George and Ada are just a year apart in their lives. She's survived a husband, raised a family, and worked steady desk jobs in small towns. He's been divorced, dated every beautiful woman on the planet, climbed an impossibly high career ladder from sitcom geek to world class movie God, and become unofficial mayor of an Italian coastal region. What they seem to share is a belief in hard work, no matter what kind of work it may be. "I'm very proud of him," Ada says of her little brother. "He works very, very hard."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister Empty Re: Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister

Post by Maggy Fri 09 Nov 2012, 18:12

How about some photos of her?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister Empty Re: Ada Zeidler - George Clooney's sister

Post by silly girl Fri 09 Nov 2012, 18:43

She seems like a nice person. I wish people weren't so mean, I have seen some comments that are hurtful. I hope she is like most of the world and doesn't read this stuff.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 09 Nov 2012, 20:06

I really feel for her, since she has to live in the shadow, like it or not. Tell you what, if someone were to give her some George-related flak, and I was there to hear it, I would give that person a well-deserved dressing-down.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 09 Nov 2012, 20:18

Ok not saying this article is true but it has really gone viral. I just saw it posted on the Access Hollywood website. I would assume they would contact Stan before they would do that (of course I could be wrong).

I so agree with you MM---

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 09 Nov 2012, 20:27

There are two pictures to look at here....when the family went to see
George on location filming Ides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 Nov 2012, 21:48

Allison is a really cute girl!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 10 Nov 2012, 03:52

Last night, there was a "hot link" on yahoo news banner about Ada with George's picture as the draw, to get you to click into the article. This morning, it was gone from yahoo news banner
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Nov 2012, 06:03

It's a 'hot' news story because so many didn't know George had a sister. Obviously to us that's not news but for the media it's something totally new.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Apr 2013, 19:35

I think it's Ada's Birthday today....same day as Robert Downey Jr.

Happy Birthday to Ada....Many Happy Returns of the Day.

flower flower flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 04 Apr 2013, 19:52

your're sure ?

if I remember it right

Ada's birthday is in May
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:29

not very far from G's one
right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:30

right

hey you <3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:12

Her birthday is 2nd May

Ada Zeider’s Bio

She was born and raised in Augusta on May 2, 1960, Kentucky. She is 52 years old. Her parents are Nick and Nina.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:40

One item quotes her Birthday as today.....and another quotes May 2.
Apparently she's one year older than her brother.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Apr 2013, 22:21

Snug..........!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Apr 2013, 22:25

Just realised that the whole family are Earth signs.....if you're interested in such things

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 05 Apr 2013, 05:30

Guess they're all "grounded" ha ha ha ha!

Yes, I need to get away from the computer.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Fri 05 Apr 2013, 05:50

LornaDoone wrote:Guess they're all "grounded" ha ha ha ha!

Yes, I need to get away from the computer.

LOL!

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:17

Funny - Henway, where have you been, missing all your great finds!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 09 Apr 2013, 15:13

Ada was born one year and four days before her brother, George. Her birthday is May 2, 1960. I think she may have been born in Los Angeles because NIck had a short-term job in LA years ago. George was born in Lexington, Kentucky becasue Nick had a short-term job there too. Ada did not live in Augusta, KY until December 1974 when the family moved there
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 09 Apr 2013, 23:08

oh thanks for the info
Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 02 May 2014, 12:01

A very happy birthday to Ada!! She must be thrilled she's getting a sister.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 12:48

Well George must love the "A" women...Ada and Amal! Thumbs up! 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 May 2014, 12:57

Let's keep this thread on topic, so: happy birthday Ada!!!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 May 2014, 13:07

Oh again a year later. 

Happy Birthday

Give Flowers
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 13:10

Sorry I forgot this:
Happy Birthday to Ada!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down