George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
November Chit Chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
November Chit Chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
November Chit Chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
November Chit Chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
November Chit Chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
November Chit Chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
November Chit Chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
November Chit Chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
November Chit Chat EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

November Chit Chat

+11
LornaDoone
Merlin
Katiedot
Hapki
Joanna
OofOof
theminis
cindigirl
Vi
Dior
melbert
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

November Chit Chat Empty November Chit Chat

Post by melbert Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:50

Happy November!

Get ready for turkey, presents, decorations... It's coming!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

November Chit Chat Empty Re: November Chit Chat

Post by Dior Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:00

Happy Birthday Dexterdidit!

flower
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 01 Nov 2012, 21:58

happy birthday dexterdidit !

ja
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Nov 2012, 18:13

I couldn't resist posting this video about the deer crossing lady. She's even more clueless than I am. Notice how the radio announcers were trying so hard not to laugh at her.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 08 Nov 2012, 07:33

Okay, so I have been in techno heaven the last few days - way behind in terms of technology, lots to learn, but finally convinced my other half to go Wi-Fi at home, part of the deal was I bought him a new PC for his birthday, (smart I am), I also somehow convinced him I need to own an IPOD (for the first time). Now that I have a Wi-Fi, new pc with windows 8, and an ipod that I can download all my favourite music too, I have had a ball learning how to use all this stuff. Back in the day when I was a very professional Executive Assistant I was the whiz bang techo expert that everyone ran too for help, now my skills have become more domestic I guess (the debate is still out on that one at home). But wait for it, drumroll please, the absolute best news of all is I was able to snuggle up in bed, plug my ipod headset in, ignore hubbys snoring and relax whilst watching GC in Solaris on my new IPOD. Now some of you may be wondering why it hasn't occurred to me to put a TV/blue ray in my bedroom and watch GC, it did, but my hubby put his foot down, he never does that, too funny - he can put up with the gigantic poster of GC on our wall but apparently having to listen to his voice whilst trying to sleep was a deal-breaker!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Nov 2012, 07:45

Oh TheMinis, you are just too cute!!!! I am so technically challenged that I didn't even understand part of your paragraph, but your excitement is wonderful! So happy for you! Very Happy
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 08 Nov 2012, 07:52

Theminis you are FUNNY! (-: The next techno gadget you'll have to talk your hubby into is an iPad--makes for great movie watching. So..do you talk to your poster?
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:30

My life changed for the better the day I bought iPad 3 !

We are inseparable Love3

Enjoy your new toy theminis Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 08 Nov 2012, 20:59

OofOof wrote:Theminis you are FUNNY! (-: The next techno gadget you'll have to talk your hubby into is an iPad--makes for great movie watching. So..do you talk to your poster?

IPAD is on my Christmas list so shall see if Santa thinks I've been good or not - and HA HA I don't talk to my poster, I'm not at that level of Clooney yet! (but I have smiled at it)

Thanks Mel - I am having fun, last night Hubby came home with new speakers/stereo that I can dock my IPOD into, he's trying to get with the program! I was blasting Bittersweet Symphony throughout the house
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 09 Nov 2012, 02:07

TheMinis!! hahahaha!! Soon you'll be Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!!!! gotpics
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 09 Nov 2012, 03:14

Mel - One of my all time favourite Christmas Songs - this home will be rockin for sure !
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapki Mon 12 Nov 2012, 23:33

HI EVERYONE!

I know it's been forever, and I know I only posted ... what? 3 times before .... but that's only because I had so much going on in the real world I didn't have much energy to type anything. Very Happy

But see, now I've finally found the site again (virus issues, got wiped, did not have any success finding it afterward. Don't ask why. I don't understand it either.) and gotten my password all fixed up, and I've finished moving, graduating college, and getting everything settled ... so now I can be sociable again. Yay!

And may I just say - HOLY CRAP you people have been busy! lol

Hapki
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 13 Nov 2012, 01:16

Hi Hapki - Congratulations on graduating college, great achievement!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 13 Nov 2012, 02:17

Hapki, welcome back and congrats on all your achievements over this past year. Now, get caught up and POST!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 Nov 2012, 04:28

Wow, you've been a busy bee Hapki! Congratulations on all your achievements and welcome back.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 13 Nov 2012, 07:04

Hapki? Hapkidmom from Clooney Unlimited? Welcome back, well done, nice to see you again....
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 13 Nov 2012, 20:34

In case anyone is interested in Robert Downey Jr.....
I've posted a link to lots of his pictures on
the Robert Downey thread. Coolio

Enjoy
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 13 Nov 2012, 21:39

I've just read this on MSN......it's my comment at
the foot of this article.

Internet access is now a 'human right'

Judge rules it is 'unreasonable' to have to go without it
By Gavin Allen 4 hours ago

You've probably asked yourself at some time or other, 'How did I ever live without the internet?'

You may have even gone one step further and asked; 'How could I survive without my daily dose of amusing cats and eastern European drivers recording horrific traffic accidents on dashboard-mounted cameras?'

Well, fear no more, because internet access is now effectively a human right.

According to the Telegraph, an appeal court judge has ruled that it is 'entirely unreasonable nowadays to ban anyone from accessing the internet in their home'.

The decision overturned an earlier sentencing order which had banned a Peeping Tom from surfing the internet

In June this year Michael Jackson, 55, was found guilty of hiding a camera inside a shampoo bottle and using it to film a girl showering.

Part of his punishment for that offence was a lifetime ban on owning a computer.

But Appeal Court judge Mr Justice Collins has ruled the previous punishment was 'excessive' and said that Jackson now only needs to make his internet history available to police.

So there you go, your Human Rights now include the right to a fair trial, protection from cruel and usual punishments - and the right to watch cruel and unusual punishment on the internet.
Happy surfing!

And, of course, the right to get our daily fix on COH ! Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 13 Nov 2012, 22:24

Don't want to think what I would have to do with all the extra time if no internet, would most likely have a neater home than I do now!!

My 7 year old asked me the other day if I had a Nintendo ds when I was 7, told him they were not invented then, his reply, "what the heck, how old are you Mummy?" My 5 year old daughter decides to add to the conversation by saying when Mummy was little the whole world was still black and white!!!, that's when hubby spat his drink out all over his dinner and thus hilarity and chaos ensued.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:01

Here's a Huff Post article about the latest national disaster, the shutdown of the Twinkie factory. People are imploring President Obama to put a stop to this travesty. LOL People are paying as much as $1,000 a box for Twinkies on E Bay. I have to say I've been addicted to a few things in my life, but never a Twinkie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/nationalize-twinkie-petition_n_2147058.html?utm_hp_ref=business&icid=maing-grid7%7Ccompaq-desktop%7Cdl16%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D235712

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:05

So, the two I have left in a box I bought a couple weeks ago (for medicinal reasons - when my blood sugar drops, they raise it up really fast!!!) I should keep and sell on eBay???? Damn right! I can buy a knock-off Twinkie and get the same result for my sugar, and I could feasibly be a couple thousand $$s richer!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:09

melbert wrote:So, the two I have left in a box I bought a couple weeks ago (for medicinal reasons - when my blood sugar drops, they raise it up really fast!!!) I should keep and sell on eBay???? Damn right! I can buy a knock-off Twinkie and get the same result for my sugar, and I could feasibly be a couple thousand $$s richer!!!!!

Yes mel, sell, sell - You could earn yourself $2,000 for the two Twinkies.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:12

maybe an extra $2,000 for the original box too??????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:14

I think this boo hoo ing over Hostess going out of business is silly. Twinkies are toxic.

What's worse is that the company never kept up with the changing American health trends and the executives spent the last 10 years optimizing their pay as they saw the company going into decline.

They should have instead worked on innovating, perhaps even bringing the union employees in as owners, give them more responsibility for the success of the company too.

But that would have meant actually thinking and working harder and I think they were just too lazy to do it. Better to suck as much money out of the company riddle it in debt and line your own pockets than actually work to change the company as needed to keep it viable.

Yes, I know there are companies that are bound to go out of business but they didn't even try to save it. They just sucked it dry and now when they can no longer get any more money out of it they close it.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:19

I totally agree Lorna, and isn't it pretty much the American way to run companies? Line the pockets of the owners and screw the workers!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:57

It's the same the whole world over I believe.

Glory......they be expensive ! Do they have gold dust in ???

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Twinkies
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Nov 2012, 18:51

Thanks for the rundown on prices Jo. I love the way they advertise them as "new" and wonder why anyone would buy them "used." LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 17 Nov 2012, 23:20

melbert wrote:I totally agree Lorna, and isn't it pretty much the American way to run companies? Line the pockets of the owners and screw the workers!

Hostess Twinkies CEO tripled salary to 2.5 million while preparing to file bankruptcy

Hostess Twinkies’ CEO tripled his salary to $2.55 million while the company was preparing to go into bankruptcy.

And nine top executives saw massive pay raises, some nearly doubling their salary.

Ah, another greedy CEO who courageously blamed the union for his failure, while omitting the part about tripling his own pay while preparing to go under. Damn unions, indeed.

Is this what they teach in business school these days? As popular as “peer group compensation benchmarking” is in the corporate world, there’s a distinct lack of evidence that higher compensation delivers results. (Case in point: Hostess. Second case in point: Wall Street.)

There’s an odd myth in the corporate world that paying more for a CEO and executive team will mean Steve Jobs-like earnings results. In reality, that’s not the case. Just ask the US airline industry how that worked out for them as they went through bankruptcy after bankruptcy. The rate of executive pay keeps going up, and according to one study, it’s even higher than many of us realize.

These horror stories are striking a nerve with many Americans these days because they’re so much more common than they were in the past. The media loves to idolize these CEOs (think about CNBC and their regular slobbering over the loony Jack Welch), yet more and more of us have been on the losing end of these deals.
I’ve mentioned before that I had the opportunity to work with a Tea Party crazy who sold the company, just in case his taxes would increase after Obama was elected.

Many of us lost our jobs almost immediately so that he might save a few percentage points on taxes, which of course, never happened.

I don’t expect the government to get involved much in these obscene salary cases, but I still hope that public opinion might build enough to start making this less acceptable. The high pay is still acceptable enough to investors who are asking for more voting rights, though still go along with the game.

Something needs to give, and hopefully it will happen soon. We’re all tired of the 1% living by one set of rules. and then blaming the rest of us for their problems, when we keep giving and they keep taking. Whether it’s Fox News’ O’Reilly accusing non-white voters of “wanting things,” or the failed Hostess CEO blaming his own failings on “the unions,” I’m tired of it, and I know that I’m not alone.

Is the guy who tripled his pay seriously suggesting the collapse is the fault of union workers?

Over the past eight years since the first Hostess bankruptcy, BCTGM members have watched as money from previous concessions that was supposed to go towards capital investment, product development, plant improvement and new equipment, was squandered in executive bonuses, payouts to Wall Street investors and payments to high-priced attorneys and consultants.

BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.

Over the past 15 months, Hostess workers have seen the company unilaterally end contractually-obligated payments to their pension plan. Despite saving more than $160 million with this action, the company continues to fall deeper and deeper into debt. A mountain of debt and gross mismanagement by a string of failed CEO’s with no true experience in the wholesale baking business have left this company unable to compete or survive.

So remember, in his bizarre world, the people who produce the products that the management team created are all to blame. Forget about failed market research, or high executive pay, or poorly financing the company — it’s completely the fault of the union workers. Got it?

http://americablog.com/2012/11/hostess-twinkie-ceo-salary.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Americablog+%28AMERICAblog+News%29
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:22

Information is here about the Coronation Festival next year in UK....
In Celebration of Queen Elizabeth's 60th Anniversary of her Coronation.

https://www.coronationfestival.com/
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 21 Nov 2012, 05:12

Hey, is it Thanksgiving tomorrow (Thursday)?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 21 Nov 2012, 05:48

I'm in the Pacific NW and it's Thursday but tomorrow is Wednesday here (-:
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 21 Nov 2012, 07:08

We're well into Wednesday where I am!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 21 Nov 2012, 07:44

Well then Katie, let me wish you a Happy Thanksgiving in advance! Although in 15 minutes we'll be into Wednesday as well.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 21 Nov 2012, 08:06

Its 7.06pm Wednesday where I am - you sleuths can narrow down my location HA HA

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 21 Nov 2012, 08:41

Theminis! All this time I bought you were in the states! I'm thinking Australia? Got a friend from Japan who moved to Sydney 2 years ago and I think her time diff was about 19 hours from West Coast time.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:45

Hiya - yes, I'm an Aussie by immigration, Scottish by birth. For most of my young life I used to wish that my dad had immigrated to the States, I used to tell him that I am meant to be a cheerleader and marry a football star (or Scott Baio, Rick Springfield) and you have ruined my plans. Lucky my Dad was patient and a great sport, I remember really irritating him about it!. When I first joined COH I mentioned on one post that travelling around America for 4 months was the absolute best time I've had, along with sentimental journey of Scotland. We just recently re-watched some of our videos of America, showed our 3 little ones, they were so cute, asking us why we didn't take them to Disneyland, explaining they were not born yet didn't cut it, they were still quite upset and kind of believe that we went there on purpose without them!! So funny.

Does your friend like Sydney, very interesting and happening place to be, Melbourne is my home town.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:55

sweet!
I can understand how difficult can be explaining they were not born yet

Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 21 Nov 2012, 17:36

Minis, I think it was difficult at first for her. She lived in Tokyo but traveled a lot when she was younger. She was a bit of a rebel, in Japanese terms, as she didn't settle and get married by 25. She comes from a small town in the country and her parents just couldn't understand it when she spent 2 years in the US and then went from job to job in Tokyo. She is a wonderful free spirit who met a guy from Belgium, married him (finally, according to her mom) and then moved with him to Sydney.

She just had a baby, in her mid 40.'s, which was very hard physically but thankfully everything turned out ok. And, her mom, who's never even ventured as far as Tokyo, is flying to Sydney to take care of her grand daughter.

I think now that she has a child it will be easier to meet new friends for her. She has this crazy idea that all Japanese living in her area are to be ignored whenever possible. So she's stayed away from the Asian community there. I can't say anything...when I lived in Japan I thought my fellow Americans were horrible! But I was in my 20's and thought my you know what didn't stink! Ha! If I were there now, I'd hope I wouldn't be so judgmental!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:24

Wow she is a free spirit, especially as it can be easier when moving to a new country if you settle close to your community. Being a parent opens up a lot of opportunities to meet people, so hopefully that will happen for her also, being that she is far from home. So nice that her Mum is coming over to see her too, meet her grandchild and maybe a chance to understand her daughter a bit better! My niece went on a holiday to Scotland with her boyfriend of 4 years, they broke up mid holiday, so she went to work in a hostel in Belgium to earn more money and she wasn't ready to come home on her own, we suspect. That was 7 years ago, she is still in Belgium working at the same hostel and travelling all over Europe when she has a break, loving her whole experience there.

Isn't it funny, I'm sure we all thought we were the best thing since sliced bread in our 20's!, going out there to take on the world, its a good thing I'm sure.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:30

Good to hear those stories about the true travellers.
I've only ever moved a maximum of 30 miles from my home town...in two stages though.
Had some good adventures along the way !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:35

I am kind of envious of people who have moved around and lived many places. I think I have you beat Joanna---I have never left the house I grew up in. I have had the same address and phone number since the day I was born. Wink

Weirdly this will probably change next year as I will need to sell my house because it is too much for one person.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:41

Wow Silly Girl, the only other person I know who is still living in the same house is my sister-in-law, at 36 still living at home. Since leaving Scotland for Australia when I was 6 only moved twice, but once I left home, to date I have re-settled in different suburbs at least 15 times. I am an expert packer.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:49

I changed.... 7 places
all not very far from one another
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 22 Nov 2012, 00:46

Well a change is as good as a holiday or so I've been led to believe!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 22 Nov 2012, 03:32

And sometimes it's not TheMinis. I have moved a total of 34 times, am NOT an expert packer and have no deep childhood friendships (or adult for that matter). As soon as you meet someone, you move again... I don't regret all the moves, but some made me very angry at my parents. I've lived in 10 of the 50 states, as well as Germany and France. My whole life can be moved in a small U-Haul trailer. Not having a pity party for myself, just saying moving SUCKS!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Nov 2012, 04:07

I can beat that, the minis: my cousin is 39 and he still lives at home with his parents.

I can't understand it and no doubt he can't understand me: I've moved on average once every 10 months since the age of 25. I'm by no means an expert packer but I'm very good at not buying shit I don't want to have to wrap and move across continents.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 22 Nov 2012, 04:17

It's raining turkey's and drumstick Hallelujah! It's raining cornucopias too, Hallelujah!

(think it's raining men song) oh shit a drumstick almost hit me!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 22 Nov 2012, 06:18

One of those one-eyed flying saucer hats just landed on my head. Oh no, I'm off to the great unknown...

I'm baaack!!!! Already been there and done that!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 22 Nov 2012, 06:45

melbert wrote:And sometimes it's not TheMinis. I have moved a total of 34 times, am NOT an expert packer and have no deep childhood friendships (or adult for that matter). As soon as you meet someone, you move again... I don't regret all the moves, but some made me very angry at my parents. I've lived in 10 of the 50 states, as well as Germany and France. My whole life can be moved in a small U-Haul trailer. Not having a pity party for myself, just saying moving SUCKS!!!!!

WOW - it may suck, but Melbert I'm impressed, no doubt all that moving would have taught you some resilience, yes?. I understand how you feel though as when young most children crave the stability, same schools, friendships etc. My dad took 4 of his 6 children to another country to live so once we got here he decided he was not moving again, it was the best decision for most of us at the time, and almost all of us left that small town when adults. Ironically we are all living back in the same not so small town!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 22 Nov 2012, 06:48

Katiedot wrote:I can beat that, the minis: my cousin is 39 and he still lives at home with his parents.

I can't understand it and no doubt he can't understand me: I've moved on average once every 10 months since the age of 25. I'm by no means an expert packer but I'm very good at not buying shit I don't want to have to wrap and move across continents.

Yep you win Katie - as for not buying shit, the last time I moved, my brother-in-law who always helped me load the truck told me that if he had to move any of my bulky furniture one more time, he would drop it all in the ocean. The thing is I love packing, weird I know but love it just the same!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next