George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well

+6
Maggy
LornaDoone
it's me
silly girl
Joanna
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well Empty Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:15

Weren't we saying he was looking frail recently?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Had a great talk with one of the producers of Argo -- the amazing George Clooney -- and sent love to his dad who he says has recovered well from the stroke that beset him down in Georgetown some months ago. (This was after he and George were arrested at a sit-in protest in front of the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, D.C.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well Empty Re: Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well

Post by Joanna Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:22

Another journalist with a big mouth.
They just love to name drop don't they ?

I wonder if Nick Clooney will he happy that his health issues
are all over the internet ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well Empty Re: Nick Clooney had a stroke a few months ago. Has recovered well

Post by silly girl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:22

Was that when he felt faint and went to the hospital? I feel bad....he has looked frail. I know more about strokes than I care to. Glad he is better.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:39

we all !!!

but he was also on another big appointment
with speech and all

and it was fine Very Happy

right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:40

Yes, It's Me, George has already confirmed that Nick is fine now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:42

great!!! Thumbs up!

from Nick Clooney talk thread

silly girl wrote:Here's a tweet with nice photo of NC.....he seems like a sweet man:

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:53

I suspected as much when he went into the hospital. Glad he's okay.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 13 Oct 2012, 19:04

I had no idea Mr. Clooney had a stroke.

I'm glad he is doing fine.

May God keep him well Give Flowers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 13 Oct 2012, 19:13

I had no idea either that Nick recently had a stroke. I remember when he was hospitalized a few months ago for a bad headache. I wonder if it's the same incident. I know aneurysm problems run in his family. I hope it's not related.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 13 Oct 2012, 19:53

Katiedot wrote:and sent love to his dad who he says has recovered well from the stroke that beset him down in Georgetown some months ago. (This was after he and George were arrested at a sit-in protest in front of the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, D.C.)

Katie, this is confusing - did Nick have a stroke after the sit-in protest in front of the Sudanese Embassy or is Huff Post referring to the bad headache he had last year?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 13 Oct 2012, 19:59

I answered my own question -

quote: Journalist, author, television, and broadcast host, Nick Clooney opened his speech with a comment on what he called the “elephant in room.”

He explained to the attendees he suffered from a small stroke on April 27.
“I looked up the definition in the dictionary and found that it was defined `as someone else’s stroke,’”

According to this quote it was in 2011
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 13 Oct 2012, 21:15

Yes, it was when he was in Georgetown, that he had a small stroke. He did say that when he gave his lecture at the University of Cincinnati in May 2011. He looked really welll for someone who had a small stroke, and he had great stamina all evening.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Oct 2012, 22:18

MM, didn't he just give that lecture this past May 2012? Or has a year and a half already slipped by so fast?????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2012, 23:14

well
into later pics
he seems doing well

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:34

Love you Nick Clooney.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 14 Oct 2012, 17:58

melbert wrote:MM, didn't he just give that lecture this past May 2012? Or has a year and a half already slipped by so fast?????

Melbert, he gave a lecture on May 2011 after the mini-stroke that he suffered in Washington, DC. This past June, he received an honorary Ph.D degree from the University of Cincinnati, and he gave an acceptance speech, also.

Yep, Melbert, one year and a half has just passed us all by.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Oct 2012, 20:19

OMFE!! MM you are so right. My CRS has just gone in to overdrive. Thanks for the clarification!! Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Oct 2012, 03:48

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. So the journalist got it totally wrong when talking to George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 15 Oct 2012, 15:36

Katie, don't journalists always get things wrong and outdated? I still think they should check with us on COH first. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Oct 2012, 16:06

LOL, yes! I just find it a little odd this time because the journalist talked to George about his father's stroke. I'd have thought if it was a year and a half ago and not recently as the journo thought that George would have corrected him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 15 Oct 2012, 16:41

I noticed a thing about engineers and journalists. Engineers are left-brained, and journalists are right-brained.

Engineers can do the most complex trigonomery/integral calculus problems, and design like creative demons, but cannot tell the difference in usage of the words to/two/too. Journalists can write very vivid, descriptive stories that hold a reader's attention, but they get simple number-oriented things like dates, a person's birthdate, age, the time something happened, etc., totally incorrect.

Well, engineers and journalists should join forces in their daily work.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down