George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky

+3
party animal - not!
silly girl
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky Empty Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:10

Some nice stories - and the first confirmation I've seen that George has a house in Augusta.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story.

by Heather

We talk a lot about George Clooney here at HerKentucky. He's one of our Favorite Things. He isn't the only famous person from Kentucky, but he sure is famous.

Why shouldn't we talk about George Clooney a lot? He's handsome and charming. (Or, as the Kentucky for Kentucky guys would say, "George Clooney is a beautiful man." He's one of the most recognizable actors in the world. He's nominated for Best Actor in this weekend's Academy Awards. And, he's from Augusta, Kentucky, a charming river town located just a stone's throw away from Maysville.

The HerKentucky girls aren't the only ones who talk about George Clooney a lot. It's been my experience that anyone with ties -- even the most tenuous -- to the Maysville area has a George Clooney story for you. I once had a co-worker who'd grown up in Cincinnati; she never failed to tell you that George was the clerk who sold her shoes at Dillard's. (I strongly doubt that she'll make it into the final draft of George's acceptance speech, but stranger things have happened...) A secretary at one of the law firms in my old office building had been George's high school prom date; she was always extremely gracious when this fact was dredged up.

Several years ago, I had the opportunity to attend the Rosemary Clooney Music Festival with some friends who are Augusta natives. A charming, tuxedoed George was the master of ceremonies at the festival which honored his late aunt. Even though I was never closer than 100 yards from the stage, I finally got why George Clooney leaves such an impression on everyone he meets. He is just as charming and charismatic as Danny Ocean, Mr Fox, Doug Ross, or Everett McGill. Even if he weren't George Clooney, Serious Movie Star, you'd always know that this guy was in the room. He just has a presence. It wouldn't matter if he were a prosecutor, a football coach, or a tv anchorman, you'd always pay attention to him.

Over the weekend of the Clooney Festival, I got a mini-tour of George Clooney's Augusta. I saw where his parents lived, and where George himself keeps a small home. I also realized why it is that everybody from that part of the state has a George Clooney story. The Clooneys are Maysville royalty. George's aunt, the singer and actress Rosemary Clooney, was Maysville's most famous daughter. His father, Nick, is a beloved regional anchorman. It seems that the entire town was devoted to George's success. Stories still circulate about viewing parties for his Facts of Life and Golden Girls episodes. It's as though the entire town was invested in George's future success. There's a really sweet sense of hometown pride that emerges along with everyone's George Clooney Story.

Here at HerKentucky, we wish George the best of luck on Sunday. (Even if The Descendants led to an unintentional yet inspired revelation for Sarah.) And, we'd love to hear some George Clooney Stories from y'all.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky Empty Re: Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky

Post by silly girl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:22

Very nice, I guess it makes sense for him to have a place there.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky Empty Re: Everybody's Got a George Clooney Story in Kentucky

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:37

Always thought he must have a hideaway there - how wonderful...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacey2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:42

party animal - not! wrote:Always thought he must have a hideaway there - how wonderful...

Where is it located? Augusta or Maysville? There are a few miles between the two cities. hidingbehindsofa
Spacey2
Spacey2
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:36

Better to let him have some privacy..............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:19

A small home, ... euhm ... could be a ... caravan ! What a Face
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacey2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:48

party animal - not! wrote:Better to let him have some privacy..............

What is privacy, anymore? 1 finger salute
Spacey2
Spacey2
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:52

I guess that depends on the person.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 09 Oct 2012, 00:17

Maybe that's where he keeps his private life private. Hug1
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down