George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Latest about berlusconi EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Latest about berlusconi EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Latest about berlusconi EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Latest about berlusconi EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Latest about berlusconi EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Latest about berlusconi EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Latest about berlusconi EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Latest about berlusconi EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Latest about berlusconi EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Latest about berlusconi

+7
silly girl
melbert
watching
cindigirl
Joanna
MM
it's me
11 posters

Go down

Latest about berlusconi Empty Latest about berlusconi

Post by it's me Mon 24 Sep 2012, 19:29

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/english/14438/Pressure-mounts-on-Berlusconi-party-governor-in-Lazio.html

NEWS
she finally resign

after Lega scandal
about money spent by Sen. bossi kids

so
from berlusconi side
we keep hear
scandals
about
contributors' money
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Latest about berlusconi Empty Re: Latest about berlusconi

Post by MM Mon 24 Sep 2012, 20:25

Cheerleader Cheerleader "hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Sil-Vee-Oh has got to go!! Cheerleader Cheerleader

He also needs to do this: Va Cacca pooping , and don't get any crap on you Shit hits the fan
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 24 Sep 2012, 20:31

well
Bounce
I'm drinking some good red wine
Can\'t read it!

we need to wait some more hours
to know more

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 24 Sep 2012, 20:40

Although its not my country, I am sick of hearing about financial corruption "scandals".... but more so Sexual Interference Scandals
of young people by members of the Roman Catholic clergy.
That's much more serious and damaging to individuals than
anything to do with money.
The attitude of the RC church towards that makes me Furious.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 24 Sep 2012, 21:05

it makes me vomiting

it's surely more scandalous
highly shocking

but we have to talk about that too
and IMO most bec berlusconi
did so wrong
so damaging
to my country Mad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 24 Sep 2012, 21:17

The RCC sex abuse scandal has been going on for many generations, yet nothing was ever done about it until the 1990's. It is the most shameful thing that exists. Just the Bible says, "Whoever should lead a child astray, it is better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and be drowned."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 24 Sep 2012, 21:28

Joanna wrote:.... but more so Sexual Interference Scandals of young people by members of the Roman Catholic clergy. The attitude of the RC church towards that makes me Furious.

I always believed the Roman Catholic church should allow their priests to get married. They are priests but first they are men with the same needs and wants as any man.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 27 Sep 2012, 20:12

Originally, the Church had married priests, but a law passed by the Church in 13th century forbade priests to marry, so that their wives and children could not have access to the Church's wealth. During the medieval era, Popes were considered to be the equal to kings and emperors. If you read the Bible, celibacy was an opinion by Apostle Paul, since he was not married.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:37

Because I keep finding myself fascinated by the trial when I see a report in the new sites....

19 October 2012
Berlusconi sex trial: 'No intimate ties' with Ruby Both Mr Berlusconi and Karima El-Mahroug deny having had sex.

Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has denied any "intimate ties" with an underage prostitute he is charged with. Speaking at his trial in Milan, Mr Berlusconi said there were never scenes "of a sexual nature" at his home. He said the expression bunga-bunga to refer to alleged sex parties came from a joke he had used from time to time.

Referring to the charge of abusing his powers to get the girl, nicknamed Ruby, released from police custody, he denied ever having pressured Milan police. The woman, Moroccan nightclub dancer Karima El-Mahroug, had been arrested for suspected theft. Mr Berlusconi, now 76, is accused of paying to have sex with Ms El-Mahroug - who is widely known as Ruby Rubacuori ("heart-stealer") - in 2010 when she was 17.

In a statement before judges in Milan, he said she was 24 "as she herself said". Prosecutors maintain that the former prime minister had sex with Ms El-Mahroug on 13 occasions. "I have never had any intimate relations with her," Mr Berlusconi said. Ms El-Mahroug has always denied having sex with the prime minister when she was 17 - or being a prostitute.

"I can exclude with absolute certainty that there were ever any scenes of a sexual nature" at his Milan villa, the Italian media mogul and politician said.

Correspondents have promised wire-tap evidence expected to reveal how women were procured for parties at the villa. The list of 78 witnesses named by Mr Berlusconi includes Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, Hollywood star George Clooney and his girlfriend, and the Italian model and TV star Elisabetta Canalis. All are said to have been guests at one of Mr Berlusconi's parties.

The former leader told the court on Wednesday that he had hosted dinners where everybody ate together - with him at the centre monopolising the conversation. There had also been dancing at his children's discotheque. Mr Berlusconi, who resigned over Italy's economic crisis last November, is said to have urged police officers to release Ruby, allegedly telling them she was a granddaughter of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

Referring to the abuse-of-power charge, he said: "I have never exercised pressure on officials of the Milan police."

"The girl said she was Egyptian, coming from an important family related to Mubarak," he said.

Mr Berlusconi added that he had believed her and had telephoned police because he did not want to provoke "a diplomatic incident", but that the call had been limited to "seeking information". Mr Berlusconi faces up to 15 years in jail if found guilty.

Link to BBC News
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:50

"In a statement before judges in Milan, he said she was 24 "as she herself said". Prosecutors maintain that the former prime minister had sex with Ms El-Mahroug on 13 occasions. "I have never had any intimate relations with her," Mr Berlusconi said. Ms El-Mahroug has always denied having sex with the prime minister when she was 17 - or being a prostitute."

I remember a certain president a few years ago stating, "I never had sexual relations with that woman". So maybe Berlusconi feels the same as Wild Bill that blow-jobs are NOT sexual or intimate relations?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 19 Oct 2012, 15:20

Berlusconi has no sense of shame or conscience. He lives by his own rules and sense of righteousness (RIGHTEOUSNESS!!) (Yeah, RIGHT, UH-HUH). I'll will be so glad when that low-life goes into a garbage can where he belongs. He stinks fart
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 19 Oct 2012, 18:40

George Clooney called as witness in Silvio Berlusconi trial
Hollywood star will dispute claim by Karima el-Mahroug that he attended former Italian leader's 'Bunga Bunga' party

George Clooney has been called as a witness in Silvio's Berlusconi's trial in Milan for paying an underage prostitute for sex.

Berlusconi is accused of paying cash and jewels to Karima el-Mahroug, the dancer known as Ruby the Heartstealer when she attended his so-called "Bunga Bunga" parties in 2010, aged 17.

Mahroug has denied she slept with Berlusconi, but has told prosecutors of risqué scenes at Berlusconi's mansion outside Milan. She also claimed she saw Clooney at one of the parties.

The actor has previously denied being present and has been called to appear next Friday as a witness by the former prime minister's lawyers in an attempt to discredit Mahroug.

Clooney said last year he had spoken with Berlusconi's legal team and was happy to testify to put the record straight. His former girlfriend, Italian showgirl Elisabetta Canalis, has also been called.

The actor has revealed he did spend one night at Berlusconi's home in Rome, which he described as "one of the more astonishing evenings of my life". Arriving to discuss Darfur with the then prime minister, Clooney said he was taken to Berlusconi's bedroom to see the bed that Vladimir Putin gave him, and was then asked to stay for a party.

Berlusconi made a surprise speech in court on Friday, denying having "intimate relations" with Mahroug and ruling out any "scenes of a sexual nature", at his parties in Milan, saying they were merely costumed shows "about which there was nothing vulgar".

Women attending the parties have described guests dressed as nuns and footballers performing stripteases.

Berlusconi also denied putting pressure on police to release Mahroug from custody in May 2010 after she was arrested on suspicion of theft.

Berlusconi appeared in court after supporters tried in vain to insert amendments into a new anti-corruption law edging through the Italian parliament which would have cancelled out the charge against Berlusconi of abusing his authority with the police.

Silvio Berlusconi denies hosting sex games at parties
Italian former PM says there were no scenes of a sexual nature, and defends young women involved in trial
Lazio governor resigns amid scandal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/19/george-clooney-witness-silvio-berlusconi-trial?newsfeed=true

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 19 Oct 2012, 19:15

MM wrote:Originally, the Church had married priests, but a law passed by the Church in 13th century forbade priests to marry, so that their wives and children could not have access to the Church's wealth. During the medieval era, Popes were considered to be the equal to kings and emperors. If you read the Bible, celibacy was an opinion by Apostle Paul, since he was not married.

I just read your post. Interesting. I knew there had to be a reason and of course the reasoning boils down to money. Doesn't it always?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 20 Oct 2012, 05:24

Well Paul talked about it being a good thing. But he said he could also partake of having a wife as well, like anyone else. But it was more convenient for him, being a traveling preacher and later, a prisoner of Rome, to remain single. He explained how caring for someone could lead you to pull more toward them than doing strictly what might be required in service to the lord. Kind of can pull you away from the lord because you love your spouse and family and don't want to slight them when such things were required in service. In other words, traveling to preach in dangerous times could leave your family destitute, and without one to take care of them. And in those days the only way the gospel could reach the many distant shores, was thru traveling preachers. Today, you have satellites to help spread it anywhere just about. On special channels. Don't wanna watch, just avoid the channel. Easier system. Not as dangerous. Except going into countries where it is banned. And the satellites don't reach to, or ppl can't afford the TVs to watch. Preachers must once again travel there if they want to preach to those, and take the same risks those did in the first times.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 20 Oct 2012, 05:30

melbert wrote:"In a statement before judges in Milan, he said she was 24 "as she herself said". Prosecutors maintain that the former prime minister had sex with Ms El-Mahroug on 13 occasions. "I have never had any intimate relations with her," Mr Berlusconi said. Ms El-Mahroug has always denied having sex with the prime minister when she was 17 - or being a prostitute."

I remember a certain president a few years ago stating, "I never had sexual relations with that woman". So maybe Berlusconi feels the same as Wild Bill that blow-jobs are NOT sexual or intimate relations?

Anything of a sexual nature, is sex. Just under dif labels. Especially if dealing with a minor or prostitute. Thats why prostitutes are hired in the first place, and there were supposed to be a whole slew of them around a lot at dif parties.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Oct 2012, 16:32

on http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/10/27/berlusconi-conferenza-stampa-diretta/395689/

I read

' ha aggiunto di volersi dedicare .... alla costruzione di ospedali in Sud Sudan '

as

' he added he wants to care for .... the construction of hospitals in South Sudan '

Vomit 2

he is only an awful liar
has no shame

Censored

btw

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/world/europe/berlusconi-convicted-and-sentenced-in-tax-fraud.html?_r=0

Berlusconi Is Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
By RACHEL DONADIO

ROME — A court in Milan convicted former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi of tax fraud on Friday and sentenced him to four years in prison. Mr. Berlusconi is also currently on trial over charges that he paid for sex with an underage prostitute. He has denied the accusation.

The ruling was Mr. Berlusconi’s fourth lower-court conviction, and the first since he stepped down as prime minister in November, after years in which his personal legal battles often eclipsed the work of his government. His four-year sentence was reduced to one year under a law aimed at reducing prison overcrowding.

Besides being a blow to Mr. Berlusconi personally, the ruling comes at a time when his center-right party is unraveling and Italy is in the throes of the most dramatic political transition since the early 1990s, when he first came to power. It was just two days ago that he announced that he would not lead his party in Italy’s next elections.

“It’s without a doubt a political sentence, the way so many other trials invented against me have been political,” Mr. Berlusconi said after Friday’s ruling, calling in to a news program on a channel he owns.

A lawyer for Mr. Berlusconi said the former prime minister would appeal the ruling, which must go through two more rounds of appeal before becoming definitive. It is unlikely that he will ever serve jail time. Even if a definitive ruling were reached before the statute of limitations in the case runs out next year, Mr. Berlusconi would enjoy immunity as long as he remained in the Parliament.

However, the judges also barred the former prime minister from holding public office for five years, a penalty that would be applied only if his conviction were upheld by the highest court. They also took the unusual step of reading the reasoning behind the verdict, which normally takes 60 to 90 days after a ruling. That could speed up the appeals.

On Wednesday, Mr. Berlusconi, 76, said he would not lead his People of Liberty party in Italy’s national elections next spring to replace the unelected technocratic government of Prime Minister Mario Monti, who has been guiding Italy through a perilous economic crisis. But he said that he would stay involved in politics.

The case at the heart of Friday’s ruling centered on a scheme in which Mr. Berlusconi and several other defendants used a series of offshore companies to buy the rights to broadcast American movies on Mr. Berlusconi’s private television networks and falsely declared the amount of the payments to avoid taxes. Prosecutors said the defendants then inflated the price for the television rights of some 3,000 films as they relicensed them internally to Mr. Berlusconi’s networks, pocketing the difference, which amounted to around 250 million euros, about $320 million. Mr. Berlusconi, who has major holdings in real estate, insurance, advertising and publishing, has been involved in dozens of legal cases over the years. In 1997 and 1998, when Mr. Berlusconi was the opposition leader, he was convicted by lower courts on charges of tax fraud and corruption.

All three previous lower-court convictions were either overturned on appeal or thrown out for lack of evidence — or the statute of limitations ran out before a definitive highest court ruling was reached.

-and after he said he will be no more at his group head
now he says he need to stay to fix things into judiciary

Smash computer
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Oct 2012, 21:46

do you want to know?

his luxury palace
in which he made his
'classy dinner' (so he said)
was paid by

US
ITALIAN CONTRIBUTORS
by our taxes

(his party
was furious too
it seems.....)

Thumbs up!

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/10/29/casa-delle-cene-eleganti-di-berlusconi-pagano-contribuenti/397552/#disqus_thread
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 29 Oct 2012, 22:01

Must be my very bad italian
where it said that? Reading

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Oct 2012, 23:09

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ilfattoquotidiano.it%2F2012%2F10%2F29%2Fcasa-delle-cene-eleganti-di-berlusconi-pagano-contribuenti%2F397552%2F%23disqus_thread

Funds to political parties: the home of fine dining Berlusconi paid by taxpayers
This is shown in a note of the PDL in which it is communicated a kind of spending review on the costs of the party in 2011 Palazzo Grazioli has cost nearly two and a half million euro to the People of Freedom, who paid that amount with the electoral reimbursements , so with taxpayers' money

of Newspaper Editors The Fact | 29 October 2012 Commenti (209)

More information on: Elegant Dinners , Forza Italy , Gianpaolo Tarantini , Niccolo Ghedini , Palazzo Grazioli , Patrizia D'Addario , Silvio Berlusconi .

Share on oknotizieShare on printShare on emailMore Sharing Services

The news is contained in a statement of the PDL, which certifies as well as in Berlusconi's party is being a sort of spendig review on the costs incurred for the rental of the historic homes, inherited from Forza Italy (together with the rents). And yes, because the four million spent in 2011 is too much even for the PDL, especially when you consider that the payment relates to only two buildings: the 'home' by the People of Freedom in Humility (at number 36 ) and - unbelievable - even the headquarters in Via del Plebiscito. That the Roman residence of Silvio Berlusconi (as explained by the 'Adn Kronos), then Palazzo Grazioli, the huge house in which they kept the' gallant dinner 'with the maidens brought from Puglia fixer Giampaolo Tarantini. Ergo, the rent of the house of the Knight was paid for years with taxpayers' money through the electoral reimbursements.

Step back. The 'Ruby-Gate' had not yet broken out, had just passed the era of Noemi Letizia (who called the Knight with the name of 'Papi') and divorce from former premier Veronica Lario: the collective imagination the country made ​​its entry Patrizia D'Addario, the escort of Bari night of love (surcharge) with the then President of the Council in Latvian gift from Putin. The 'be smart' Silvio Berlusconi became public domain and the then head of the government became the "end user" as defined by very well known by his lawyer Niccolo Ghedini. Now it turns out that to live in the theater of the 'dinners', Silvio Berlusconi has never paid one euro. It is the same PDL to make it known, also revealing the details of the payments: "In 2011 - write the treasurers Rocco Crimi and Maurizio Bianconi in the management report - the cost of the lease relating to the registered office of Humility by 36, totaled 1 million 871 thousand 712 euro ". So, doing the math, the last year for Palazzo Grazioli, the PDL has paid a rent of 2 million 128 thousand 288euro.

Other details emerge from the report of the national Sandro Bondi, "also in 2011 Forza Italy has provided the PDL their remaining central structures. Recall that for the latter - says the senator pidiellino - the operation required the signing of a separate private agreement, which defined the terms of the charge of the costs incurred by the blue team during the period 1 April-31 December 2009 and in the years 2010 and 2011 for facilities located in Rome, via Humility, 36 and in Via del Plebiscito, 102 and related services posted. "

But not only. As certified by Sandro Bondi, in fact, "to aggravate the finances of the party plus the personnel costs, which amounted to 3 million 233 thousand 738 euro, an increase of 2 million 894 thousand 726 euro over the previous year" . Nearly half a million more in expenses due to "an increase in the number of employees, which rose from 23 units at 31 December 2010 to 84 employees at December 31, 2011." The note stated that with regard to "drive strength" is four journalists and 80 employees.
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 01 Nov 2012, 08:14

Thanks! Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:37

I'm glad that George does not have to testify in this messy matter.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 25 Jun 2013, 07:39

http://www.google.com/news?ncl=dz8nbI_j2_tkSRMJaN0LZ6UGALXmM&q=Berlusconi&lr=Italian&hl=it

7 years in jail

So Justice said yesterday

The trial will go on
Starting with this sentence
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 25 Jun 2013, 08:49

Guardian write up

Berlusconi found guilty after case that cast spotlight on murky premiership
Former Italian prime minister given seven-year jail term and banned from public office for life at Milan court

Latest about berlusconi Berlusconi-and-Mahroug-009
Silvio Berlusconi, left, and Karima el-Mahroug, known as Ruby Rubacuori, who both deny having 'intimate relations'. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

After more than 26 months, 50 court hearings and countless breathless column inches from journalists worldwide, it took just four minutes for the sentence that Silvio Berlusconi had feared to be delivered. At 5.19pm, before a fascist-era sculpture showing two men struck down by a towering figure, the judges swept into the courtroom and pronounced their damning verdict for Italy's longest-serving postwar prime minister. By 5.23pm, it was all over.

At the culmination of a trial that helped strike the final nail in the coffin of the playboy politician's international reputation, the judges found Berlusconi guilty both of paying for sex with the underage prostitute nicknamed Ruby Heartstealer and abusing his office to cover it up. They even went beyond the prosecutors' sentencing requests, ordering him to serve seven – rather than six – years in prison and face a lifetime ban on holding public office.

Perhaps fittingly for a case that cast a spotlight on the murky nexus of sex and power that prosecutors argued was at the heart of his premiership – in which young women were procured, they said, "for the personal sexual satisfaction" of the billionaire septuagenarian – all three judges were female.

Berlusconi, who had been predicting the verdict for weeks as the logical result of his lifelong "persecution" by leftwing prosecutors, has always denied the charges and now has the right to lodge not one but two appeals. The sentence will be enforced only if these fail and it is made definitive, a process that could take years. Regardless of whether it is eventually upheld, Berlusconi is highly unlikely ever to go to jail.

There were some notable absentees in court on Monday: Ilda Boccassini, the formidable prosecutor who had led the case against the 76-year-old, and Karima el-Mahroug, the former nightclub dancer from Morocco whom Berlusconi was convicted of paying for sex in 2010 when she was 17, below the legal age of prostitution in Italy. Both he and she denied having "intimate relations" and claimed the thousands of euros he gave her were simply the support of a generous friend.

The more serious charge, however, was that in May of that year he exerted prime-ministerial pressure on police in Milan to release Mahroug from custody for fear she would reveal details of their liaisons. He admitted having made a call to police, but said he did so in the belief that her detention might cause a "diplomatic incident" because he believed her to be a relative of Hosni Mubarak, then the president of Egypt.

Berlusconi himself also chose to stay away from the court. The leader of the centre-right Freedom People (PdL) party was reported to have waited for the verdict at the Villa San Martino in Arcore, scene of the by-now infamous "bunga bunga" parties where, prosecutors argued, he held raucous evenings of striptease and sex with young women he remunerated handsomely.

Afterwards, he expressed outrage at the verdict, which he said was politically motivated. "An incredible sentence has been issued of a violence never seen or heard of before, to try to eliminate me from the political life of this country," Berlusconi said in a statement.

"Yet again I intend to resist against this persecution because I am absolutely innocent and I don't want in any way to abandon my battle to make Italy a country that is truly free and just."

One of his staunchest allies, the PdL MP Daniela Santanché, had listened to the sentencing in immaculate disbelief. "This is a political sentence that has nothing to do with justice," she told swarms of reporters trailing after her down the stairs of Milan's vast palazzo di giustizia. "These women have used other women for political motives. The defence lawyer Niccolò Ghedini said the sentence was "beyond reality".

For many Italians, however, the verdict was entirely proportionate. Ever since the first media reports emerged in 2010 and the then prime minister was placed under formal investigation in January 2011, the drip-feed of sordid details from Arcore via the courtroom has tested traditional tolerance towards politicians' private lives.

The prosecutors argued that, rather than the innocent, elegant dinner parties of Berlusconi's claims, the soirées were in fact a chance for the then prime minister to procure the sexual services of a variety of women. Two witnesses told investigators of an eyebrow-raising game involving a statue of the fertility god Priapus; in a separate but related trial, Mahroug testified that women had dressed up as nuns and nurses before stripping. On one notable occasion, she claimed, one had even paraded alternately as Barack Obama and the flame-haired Boccassini.

One person who will be less than delighted by the verdict is Enrico Letta, Italy's current prime minister, who has the unenviable task of holding together a fraught grand coalition of his centre-left and Berlusconi's centre-right. Although he occupies no ministry, Berlusconi still plays an influential role in national politics, and he has the power – as Letta is acutely aware – to bring it down by withdrawing his support and triggering new elections.

Some observers say that the verdict – which showed that even in his latest incarnation of benevolent, self-sacrificing statesman, he is not protected from the long arm of the law – may have brought that a step closer. Tensions were made clear in a curt statement by Angelino Alfano, PdL secretary and deputy prime minister. The sentence was, he said, "contrary to common judicial sense, good sense, and worse than the worst expected".

Others, however, predict Berlusconi will make no immediate move, preferring to keep up pressure on Italy's supreme court before another, less salacious but potentially far more damaging verdict, expected by the end of the year: the definitive ruling on tax fraud charges for which he is approaching the last roll of the dice.

If the court of cassation upholds his conviction, he will face not only a four-year jail sentence but also – more pertinently for a man whose political ambitions have never died – a five-year ban on public office. For many people, though, the verdict was already quite something. "A conviction to save the dignity of Italy," read the placard of a woman standing outside the courthouse with an all-female group singing the Italian Resistance song "Bella ciao" ("Bye-bye, beautiful"). Another declared: "Berlusconi is ineligible, unsupportable, unpresentable."

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 25 Jun 2013, 12:53

For Italians only (words joke)

http://www.dagospia.com/mediagallery/dago_fotogallery-86314/472288.htm
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 25 Jun 2013, 13:01

Your article seems very well done, watching
Thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 25 Jun 2013, 15:15

Well, what went around, came around, and bit Berlusconi in the sedere.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:06

Esatto
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:36

YahoooooYahoooooYahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Aug 2013, 09:52

http://video.repubblica.it/mondo/condanna-berlusconi-la-notizia-sulle-tv-straniere/136698/135243?ref=HREA-1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 22:42

I saw this in the news today. So finally guilty. I couldn't believe that he made a speech on italien TV like a high politician and claiming he is not guilty. What a jerk.
They said even though he got 4 years prison due to his age he only has to go 1 year to prison and 3 years arrest at his home. And again he got away. Maybe he has not even to do this one year.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Aug 2013, 22:52

No
3 on 4 are anyway cut

1 he will spend at home (guess no social services)

We already know there would not be real jail (but who know.... He still has lot of courts to face in further years)

The most important thing is he can no more sit in Parliament (our law said so after a 2 years actual charge)

But this is anyway a matter of further polls

Interdiction from politics is anyway granted, they still have to decide if it will officially be for 3 or 5 years
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Aug 2013, 23:44

Berlusconi incandidabile and without passport Conviction already served on the Knight

Signed (and suspended) from p.m in Milan the execution of the penalty. With 3 of 4 years covered by the pardon, he left to serve one: the choice by mid-October between foster care and social services. Political consequences: the former premier will not be a candidate for 6 years and the Senate must vote on the parliamentary decline.

Silvio Berlusconi (ap)
ROME-irrevocable Sentence to 4 years in prison for tax evasion. This is the part of Mediaset, which will have immediate reflections for Silvio Berlusconi. Given the three years covered by the pardon, the former premier remains to serve one. The Milan prosecutors have already issued the order of execution with suspension, contextual, which was served by the carabinieri to Palazzo Grazioli. It's up now to the former premier and his lawyers decide by mid-October, between social services custody and under house arrest.

INCANDIDABILITA ' for SIX YEARS-But the repercussions are even Berlusconi's political future. The Prosecutor has already forwarded the case to the Senate Presidency. According to article 1 of legislative decree December 31, 2012, launched by The Government, cannot, in fact, be candidates and may not still hold the post of Deputy and Senator of "those who have reported definitive sentences sentences of more than two years of imprisonment for non-intentional crimes, consumed or tempted, for which the penalty is provided for imprisonment of not less than the maximum four years." Among them, including tax evasion, the crime for which he was condemned Berlusconi. This incandidabilità is triggered irrespective of any ancillary penalties and in any case not be less than 6 years.

VOTE on the DECLINE-not only the implications include the ongoing parliamentary mandate: the former premier is currently a Senator. According to the Decree of the Executive Chamber membership Mountains, and then the Senate, upon receipt of the communication of the final judgment, acting pursuant to article 66 of the Constitution. That includes an investigation of the junta for elections and immunities (chaired by Dario Stefano, Sel) and then a vote (secret if requested at least 20 senators) for validation by the Chamber. It is, therefore, to the Senate ratify the decadence of Berlusconi by parliamentary mandate.

WITHDRAWN PASSPORTS-the other aspect concerns the private life of the former premier. As mentioned the operative part of the judgment was promptly sent to the Milan prosecutors, who have already signed (and hold) the execution of the penalty. Practical effect, not to be missed, Berlusconi will be questioned by the police return the ordinary passport. While it is expected that the Foreign Ministry is activated for the withdrawal of the Passport diplomantico.

FOSTER CARE SOCIAL SERVICES-it remains to be seen how Berlusconi will serve the remaining year of imprisonment. The jail can be excluded. The Prosecutor has issued, in fact, at the same time as the order of execution of the sentence, to suspension for 30 days. In that time, according to Simeone-Saracens former premier may choose whether to require alternative measures of custody "social services" or "home detention". We are in the period of working suspension, this process will in motion after September 15. Then Berlusconi's choice must be made by October 16.

HOME DETENTION-Berlusconi has already made it known he had no intention of being entrusted to social services. But in any event, even if it does not put forward any request, it will not go to prison anyway, but to house arrest. For two reasons: 1) has more than 70 years, 2) as in the case of Alessandro Sallusti, the orientation of the milanese Prosecutor, Edmondo Bruti Liberati is to use as much as possible alternative measures, as is the dl Severino (so-called empty prisons) to the penis to serve up to 18 months.

ALLOWED to BE AUTHORIZED-In each case with the former premier at home, will the surveillance Court to dictate the requirements which must comply with Berlusconi. If it is to remain a Senator it is conceivable that the judiciary authorises any parliamentary commitment. If decay, however, the demands of a political nature must be assessed from time to time.

http://www.repubblica.it/politica/2013/08/02/news/conseguenze_condanna_berlusconi-64158870/?ref=HREA-1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Aug 2013, 15:30

Sadly

http://the-view-from-rome.blogautore.repubblica.it/2013/08/04/the-berlusconi-show-goes-on/?ref=HREA-1

The Berlusconi show goes on
Mail
Stampa

In most other Western democracies Berlusconi would be in jail. With Italy’s highest court of appeal confirming his conviction for tax fraud, the leader of the People of Freedom (PdL) party should be behind bars. If the former prime minister is fit enough to run the country again (as he clearly aspires to do), he is fit enough to serve time. Instead, Italy is very lenient with its seniors and the worse the 76-year-old media mogul is likely to face is a year under house (or in his case, luxury villa) arrest. And yet he refuses to accept even that.

In most other Western democracies a convicted politician who not only refused to take his punishment and go quietly but even demanded that the law be “reformed” in his favour, would be a joke. Instead, in Italy no one is laughing, and leaders of Berlusconi’s People of Freedom (PdL) party have called on the millions of Italians who voted for Berlusconi to take to the streets on Sunday to support his demand.

In most other Western democracies a convicted politician would not only be immediately removed from public office but also shunned by his own party. It can be depressing how eager formerly loyal colleagues are to drop those who have been disgraced. Instead, ministers from Berlusconi’s People of Freedom (PdL) party are offering to resign from the government in solidarity, party coordinator Sandro Bondi has raised the prospect of civil war, and two other leading figures in the party have asked President Napolitano for a meeting to request a pardon for their billionaire leader

For twenty years the world has followed the Berlusconi show, the shameless use of his immense wealth, TV channels and family-owned publications to shape public opinion; the vulgar political gaffes; the use of his political power to change the law to his own advantage; the accusations of everything from mafia association to sleeping with an underage prostitute. Commentators were frequently amazed, sometimes amused, always bemused. How does he get away with it? Why do Italians keep voting for him? Once justice had caught up with him, it was assumed that the show was at an end. “The curtain falls on Rome’s buffoon”, read the headline in Britain’s Financial Times on Friday.

But no, the show goes on. And the longer this unedifying spectacle continues, the more it is brought home to the rest of the world that Italy is not like most other western democracies. However the show ends at home, Italy’s international reputation will have suffered a blow from which it will take a very long time to recover.
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:30

Show must go on...
He´s a show man Smile

Well it´s Italy, what do you expect?

I was more surprised hearing this news: "ERIC HOLDER TO RUSSIA: We Will Not Torture Or Seek The Death Penalty For Edward Snowden".

Just how western democracy it makes US sound like? Razz 

Glad he found exile in eastern democracy : RUSSIA Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down