George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Nepresso - media write up EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Nepresso - media write up

5 posters

Go down

George and Nepresso - media write up Empty George and Nepresso - media write up

Post by watching Mon 06 Aug 2012, 10:26

Note : I used Google translate the french article so some of the English is a little chopped. I put the parts relating to George directly in bold.

George Clooney and Nespresso
By Veronique Richebois

The actor wanted to meet directors known to rub shoulders with prestigious brands. Nespresso needed notoriety. Six years later, their union remains a success."Unique, sensual, delicate, deep, mysterious ... "George Clooney enjoys these qualifiers as dégusterait a vintage ... before realizing that these words, spoken by a very pretty woman, are aimed in reality at Nespresso she sips. This is called a smack.

The spot was in 2006. Since then, nothing, or almost nothing has changed. In France, Lowe took over the agency McCann Erickson Paris (Interpublic). But George Clooney continues to embody the Nespresso brand, a flagship of the Nestlé Group. He collects calmly rebuffs women. And they are many! Since the forties hieratic hands him the keys to his car by taking it to the carrier that it makes eyes the better to steal his cup ... through the bland vixen, who spear look like much: "You are a little smaller than I thought. "And to Walk the talk. Traumatic.

Clooney, a masochist? Not really. Paid, at a minimum, 5 to 6 million during the first season (and most likely between 8 and 10 million today), George Clooney is also involved in the script and the realization of the spot. Officially, this is not a "final cut", it looks like .But the brand does not complain.

Since joining, the son of a former beauty queen and a TV presenter would pushing sales of Nespresso by 30%. It is true that he is not content, like many others, to make up the numbers. The actor is cast in the role of seducer regularly blowing to the point that he made a "character" of fiction, in what looks like every time in mini-comics. Clooney plays with the image of Clooney, the ridicule, adds a touch of self-deprecating ... But after all, nothing is impossible for a star that began in "The Return of the Killer Tomatoes."

They are many who would never do in surveys.Initially, however, the bet is not won. "The brand wanted to accelerate its international growth, says George Martin, general manager of Lowe. It was seen as elitist, as machines costing more expensive, and it had a deficit of notoriety. "A cast is organized ... It will last throughout 2005. Is the intersection of cinema greats and seduction as Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Sharon Stone, Monica Belluci ... The Nespresso Club members decide: it will be George Clooney.

"It was the personality that fitted best with the brand, took George Martin. He was known for his villa near Lake Como, a certain lifestyle, his artist friends, his commitment to great causes ...

"For his part, Clooney is starting. He wants to be associated with major brands and judge in 2005 that will enable it to meet directors known. "But he had set his conditions:" I am willing to advertise, but for fun, not taking me seriously, " says Lawrence Duvivier, former budget chief at McCann and assistant general manager of BBDO. The self-deprecating and control of the script were part of his application. The Nespresso brand capital gains sympathy, empathy in attracting men and women, explains the analyst Samuel Lepastier:

"Clooney is the fantasy of all seducers and there we find him as Big John front, a little ridiculous. It highlights women - they can say no, pick-and reassures men who often are afraid not to insure. Clooney is back in its place and, finally, does not make a drama. "Morality of ads? "No man is omnipotent, even George Clooney. "

Biter, the actor goes, in fact, the background behind the coffee, subtle as a stooge. In 2009, forcibly sent to heaven by a falling piano, it is even manipulated by God, played by John Malkovich, who treats him like a common carrier.

Incidentally, the actor stepped in to ask a lot of reworking. Because Clooney has kept his word: he goes well beyond its role as muse and actually invests the writing of the script. Left to hustle a little teams. After the first day of shooting in Los Angeles, he therefore questions aloud the relevance of the initial slogan it's just too trite. Impromptu brainstorming after which will be found "What else? "Declined in all countries. A real find, according to linguist Joan Bordeau: "This is a short slogan, that speaks. "What else?" : A way of saying that coffee is second to none. What can you take another? "The contract with George Clooney stops him in 2013. But just then, "Who else? "

Source

Link to article first sighted at Frenchies
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Nepresso - media write up Empty Re: George and Nepresso - media write up

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:48

Hmmmm, interesting. I didn't know that George had a hand in writing the scripts as well - or did I mis-read that?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George and Nepresso - media write up Empty Re: George and Nepresso - media write up

Post by it's me Mon 06 Aug 2012, 13:05

with Grant
obviously
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 07 Aug 2012, 01:54

You read it right Katie. I agree, It's Me, that Grant probably helps as he is there during the shoots.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Aug 2012, 08:25

yes
with Grant as a director
they surely collaborate
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 20:17

I like all the Nepresso adds. They make a good team.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down