George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association

+8
melbert
playfuldeb
laetval
silly girl
lelacorb
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association Empty George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:54

Hard to know how seriously this is being taken. It's popping up in quite a few Italian news sites. I can't figure out why George is wearing an illegal motorbike helmet. Surely he knows he's breaking the law?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"That Helmet is Illegal"

The Association against the "bowl" used by the actor on his Harley in Como. "Negative message to young people"

MILAN-That "bowl" on the head of George Clooney immortalized in the saddle of a Harley has not gone unnoticed by those who daily battles continues for road safety. Why is a helmet irregular and there is little or nothing to protect in case of accident.

The ASAPS, the association Friends of the traffic police, sends her to say to the American actor and on his website launches an invitation: "Let us a favor George, bought a helmet true." "The very man who should be familiar with their heads smashed, having starred in the television series ER Doug," the article continues.

But NEGATIVE MESSAGE-lakeside Como, along with other riders, the American actor in love with Italy, "carries a negative message." Especially for younger people. "The laws as written in the Code does not provide exemptions of any kind to protect the skull, good or bad it is," concludes the ASAPS

L'Asaps bacchetta Clooney
«Quel casco è illegale»

L'associazione contro la «scodella» utilizzata dall'attore sulla sua Harley a Como. «Messaggio negativo per i giovani»

MILANO- Quella «scodella» sulla testa di George Clooney, immortalo in sella a un'Harley non è passata inosservata a chi tutti i giorni porta avanti battaglie per la sicurezza stradale. Perché è un casco irregolare e serve a poco o nulla a proteggere in caso d'incidente. L'Asaps, l'associazione amici della polizia stradale, le manda a dire all'attore americano e sul suo sito lancia un invito: «Facci un favore George, comprati un casco vero!». «Proprio lui che dovrebbe avere dimestichezza con le teste fracassate, avendo interpretato Doug nella serie televisiva E.R.», prosegue l'articolo.

MESSAGGIO NEGATIVO-Ma sul lungolago di Como, insieme ad altri biker, l'attore americano innamorato dell'Italia, «porta un messaggio negativo». Soprattutto per i più giovani. «Le leggi quelle scritte dal Codice non prevedono esenzioni di alcun genere per proteggere il cranio, bello o brutto che sia» conclude l'Asaps.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association Empty Re: George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:00

aya!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association Empty Re: George Clooney is breaking italian law with his motorbike helmet says safety association

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:21

Write and tell him I M !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:51

hmmm
it's a couple of days
I thought to send something to him

some picture postcard maybe

(nice pic JO Very Happy)

Last edited by it's me on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:52

Oh now I'm not the only one to support this! In Italy the law on road safety are very serious and I still do not understand why George to allow you to use a helmet that is illegal in Italy! In Italy the law on road safety are very serious and I still do not understand why George to allow you to use a helmet that is illegal in Italy! I do not know if he was wearing a helmet probably regulate the paparazzi do not recognize and he saebbe more free to rotate. He wants to be recognized? Why '?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:56

He wants to be recognized only when he wants to be recognized
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 23:01

it's me wrote:He wants to be recognized only when he wants to be recognized
Always in motion is also recognized by the people running down the street, if you would not be recognized will use approved helmets!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jul 2012, 23:06

mah.... who knows!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 23:12

I have never liked those helmets they seem very dangerous to me....I am sure there must be some helmet he could where that wouldn't obscure his face totally.....I also don't think he looks good in it....I see riders by me who also where them and they all remind me of Sgt Schultz....very unbecoming....

Oh and he should be wearing clothes that have elbow pads etc....just to be safe....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 29 Jul 2012, 20:23

Etg - Clooney and the bowl to throw. The appeal: "Lead by example, changing the helmet"
George Clooney has to change the helmet. The Hollywood star with a beautiful home in Laglio risks a heavy fine because of his bowl. The helmet that many well-known Lake Como, what you wear when riding his Harley turns to the territory, is outlawed by 2010. The signal from the site dell'Asaps Association (supporters and friends of the traffic police) at the hands of the National Council and rider Lorenzo Pouches. The association asked the actor to buy a real helmet approved to set a good example.

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jul 2012, 20:42

I'm surprised they didn't pixelate his number plate ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 29 Jul 2012, 20:44

depending on how long your neck is, how you sit on your bike, etc, having the back of a full-sized helmet rubbing the back of your neck and top of your shoulders can be very irritating, and cause sore spots. Plus, I found, that a full-sized helmet restricts your peripheal vision, and hearing, so you are less apt to see things moving towards you from the side. You quickly turn your head to watch that car that suddenly is moving into your lane, and you find yourseld looking at the inside of the helmet because the full-size helmet doesnt move like your head does. I used to wear a helmet like George's and hated the full-sized helmets.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 26 May 2013, 06:11

Thanks to @lifeinsicily for sharing this. Wash, rinse, repeat:

talian Road Safety Body Tells Clooney To Wear Regulation Crash Helmet

Published on: Sat, 2013-05-25

words by Carol King

Italian road-safety organisation Associazione Sostenitori ed Amici della Polizia Stradale (ASAPS) has written two open letters this month to George Clooney to tell him to wear a regulation crash helmet.

The American actor is a keen motorcyclist and is often spotted riding a Harley-Davidson bike near his villa at Lake Como in north Italy. However, he has been photographed wearing a style of crash helmet that became illegal in Italy in October 2010.

Clooney has been photographed on numerous occasions wearing a half-helmet or pudding-basin helmet that is outlawed in Italy.

Sometimes referred to as a beanies, brain buckets or novelty helmets, such helmets are unsuitable for crash protection because they lack the energy-absorbing foam that protects the brain by allowing it to come to a gradual stop during an impact.

This is the second time the road-safety watchdog has written to the actor regarding his safety, the first time was in July 2012. On 15 May 2013, ASAPS president Giordano Biserni wrote a letter to the actor published on the organisation’s website pointing out once more that he wears an illegal helmet and that if ASAPS had his email it would write to him direct.

ASAPS writes: “Dear George, We very much appreciate you as an actor... We know you try to set a good example. You have been so good in the advertising of a well-known coffee when you used the seat-belt in the car back seats, a rare example in our country, and we would have gladly nominated you as an honorary ASAPS member, but then you spoiled everything by still wearing the pudding-bowl crash helmet.”

“We remind you that Italian motorcyclists who wear a helmet like yours... can incur a fine of €80, lose five points on their licence and be banned from riding their vehicle for 60 days (90 days if the violation was committed twice in two years).”

“In short, George, a few years ago we did believe that slogan “No Martini, no party” and that those lovely girls opened the door just because you had a bottle of the famous liqueur... Now we do not believe that your helmet is legit. To this we say: “No casco omologato? No parti.” (No approved helmet? No go.)... And if you do set off it is about time the police remind you of the rules.”

“Without any grudge George, but we have made road safety our mission. You have played a cop many times in movies and so we’re sure you will understand us.”

The organisation wrote to Clooney again on 20 May after he celebrated his 52nd birthday on 6 May with a party in Italy and photos appeared in the papers showing him in an illegal helmet yet again.

Once more, ASAPS pointed out his lack of legal headwear.
So... Dear George, ‘Italy Magazine’ joins with ASAPS to say, please wear a legal and safe crash helmet when you take to the road. Not just for your own safety but to set a good example to motor
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 May 2013, 06:35

Our little rebel getting another ruler slap on the hand?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 May 2013, 09:22

Let's see his rep

....I guess no rep at all
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Mon 27 May 2013, 20:37

Katiedot wrote:Hard to know how seriously this is being taken. It's popping up in quite a few Italian news sites. I can't figure out why George is wearing an illegal motorbike helmet. Surely he knows he's breaking the law?

"That Helmet is Illegal"

The Association against the "bowl" used by the actor on his Harley in Como. "Negative message to young people"

MILAN-That "bowl" on the head of George Clooney immortalized in the saddle of a Harley has not gone unnoticed by those who daily battles continues for road safety. Why is a helmet irregular and there is little or nothing to protect in case of accident.

The ASAPS, the association Friends of the traffic police, sends her to say to the American actor and on his website launches an invitation: "Let us a favor George, bought a helmet true." "The very man who should be familiar with their heads smashed, having starred in the television series ER Doug," the article continues.

But NEGATIVE MESSAGE-lakeside Como, along with other riders, the American actor in love with Italy, "carries a negative message." Especially for younger people. "The laws as written in the Code does not provide exemptions of any kind to protect the skull, good or bad it is," concludes the ASAPS

L'Asaps bacchetta Clooney
«Quel casco è illegale»

L'associazione contro la «scodella» utilizzata dall'attore sulla sua Harley a Como. «Messaggio negativo per i giovani»

MILANO- Quella «scodella» sulla testa di George Clooney, immortalo in sella a un'Harley non è passata inosservata a chi tutti i giorni porta avanti battaglie per la sicurezza stradale. Perché è un casco irregolare e serve a poco o nulla a proteggere in caso d'incidente. L'Asaps, l'associazione amici della polizia stradale, le manda a dire all'attore americano e sul suo sito lancia un invito: «Facci un favore George, comprati un casco vero!». «Proprio lui che dovrebbe avere dimestichezza con le teste fracassate, avendo interpretato Doug nella serie televisiva E.R.», prosegue l'articolo.

MESSAGGIO NEGATIVO-Ma sul lungolago di Como, insieme ad altri biker, l'attore americano innamorato dell'Italia, «porta un messaggio negativo». Soprattutto per i più giovani. «Le leggi quelle scritte dal Codice non prevedono esenzioni di alcun genere per proteggere il cranio, bello o brutto che sia» conclude l'Asaps.

the motorcycle helmet I noticed also in the photos. It is beautiful but unfortunately not allowed.
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 28 May 2013, 03:12

He's lived in Italy how long? And they are just now deciding the helmet thing?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 28 May 2013, 03:50

It's been brought up before a couple times Deb, but apparently he's chosen to ignore the warnings.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 28 May 2013, 03:56

melbert wrote:It's been brought up before a couple times Deb, but apparently he's chosen to ignore the warnings.

He wears that same type of helmet in LA and is taking chances there too.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 28 May 2013, 04:11

Not saying he's right Lorna, as he really should know better. He took off the training wheels years ago, but I guess he'd rather be "cool" than safe. I remember those days myself. Sandals, shorts, tank top and no helmet!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 28 May 2013, 04:32

melbert wrote:Not saying he's right Lorna, as he really should know better. He took off the training wheels years ago, but I guess he'd rather be "cool" than safe. I remember those days myself. Sandals, shorts, tank top and no helmet!!

Oh yes and the exhaust burns, ha ha. See in the states depending on where you live the laws are different. Up in PA my son-in-law and his mother don't wear helmets. Now that we moved to SC I'm not sure what the laws are here. We registered all the vehicles but didn't check the laws out yet.

Right now George cannot address this situation however when he gets back to Como he will have to do something. I am sure that if he continues this way they won't let him ride.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 04:51

playfuldeb wrote:He's lived in Italy how long? And they are just now deciding the helmet thing?

When Versage has died, Clooney has bought the villa of Versage ´s sister. The villa in the Clooney lives heard to the fashion best known to world designer Versage.
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 04:55

pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 05:03

Also Elisabetha Canalis wanted George Clooney the villa sells.... and now his villa sold wants these ugly Keibler also that Clooney????
If I was Clooney .... I would decide on the villa and shoot Keibler to the moon !!!! Miss best of all this!!!!
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 05:09

Who is the next friend of Clooney????
Be so of two years of Rytmus he has held up to now with.
WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE BEING????
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 05:10

Who is the next sorry>>>>girl - friend of Clooney????
Be so of two years of Rytmus he has held up to now with.
WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE BEING????
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 05:16

lelacorb wrote:
it's me wrote:He wants to be recognized only when he wants to be recognized
Always in motion is also recognized by the people running down the street, if you would not be recognized will use approved helmets!

Under your profile name that is here .... what does that????>>>>Mastering the tao of Clooney
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 28 May 2013, 08:12

Pizzale I'm sorry but I'm not understanding what you are saying. Is it about the helmet or are you saying that he is selling Como house. I don't mean to be a pain, sorry.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 May 2013, 14:49

pizzale wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
What do you want from me, and that importance has an old article? This article is in the August 28, 2012!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 22:09

lelacorb wrote:
What do you want from me, and that importance has an old article? This article is in the August 28, 2012!

lelacorb >>>> I want NOTHING from you I wrote what is the meaning of the sentence below your profile!!
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale Tue 28 May 2013, 22:10

lelacorb wrote:

lelacorb
Mastering the tao of Clooney<<<>>> I want NOTHING from you I wrote what is the meaning of the sentence below your profile!!

Clooney-liciousness: 230
pizzale
pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 29 May 2013, 05:10

pizzale wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

lelacorb
Mastering the tao of Clooney<<<>>> I want NOTHING from you I wrote what is the meaning of the sentence below your profile!!

Clooney-liciousness: 230

Pizzale

The info under someone's picture is put in there by the forum. How many times they've commented, when they joined and if they allow it where they are located.

The comments about George change depending on how many posts you've made.

Click this link for info on what the Clooney-liciousness and rankings mean:

If you read thru that thread you will see how many posts it will be before the comment under your avatar will change.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 29 May 2013, 05:13

And now can we get back to the thread topic?

If anyone has questions about something other than the topic, please go to the Before You Start Topic - the answer might be there.

Thanks.

And to the topic - Just wanted to say that I hate that helmet he wears. Reminds me of the helmets the Nazi's wore in WW2.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 29 May 2013, 06:21

Well...maybe the operation he had on the back of his head, running down his neck when it was ripped open and bleeding spinal fluid, has something to do with it. Perhaps, its a more serious prob for him to wear a normal helmet.

I think he doesn't go as fats as he used to either. To compensate for accidents. But still, I prefer it when he does wear more protection. The boots, leather jackets plus helmet. By the way, I did once see a better looking helmet on his head, but it still seemed to have some higher part at the back of it. Maybe he had one made for his prob. Tho it may still give him probs. Think all the padding inside may rub some. I am guessing he worries about that place on his neck as he doesn't want it to be irritated a lot, maybe, because it may itch when that happens and he wants to scratch it a lot. You know, none of us can imagine what that scar must feel like. It may be that it is still very sensative. A scar I had for a long time was like that. And only in recent years have I noticed that it doesn't bother me anymore. IT was a deep scar, from surgery on my abdomen. From having hysterectomy. The lower part, where they had left a drainage tube, had healed up very slowly. So I remember that he also had a drainage tube too. It very well may still bother him.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 29 May 2013, 07:33

The lower part, where they had left a drainage tube, had healed up very slowly. So I remember that he also had a drainage tube too. It very well may still bother him.
You are right sometimes drainage tubes can cause more problems. I had one where they did surgery on my breast, I had to go back every couple of days to have the dead tissue cut away. it healed in a very wide scare instead of a thin line as another one did.

George's surgery was horrendous and they were dealing with even more sensitive nerves and such. So who knows how much other problems he has left from that surgery. He has sure done more than his share of suffering, and is ongoing I'm sure.

It sometimes just breaks my heart that he has no one loving in his life; even though I'm the jealous type, it's just nice to be held sometimes. Oh well. Love you George

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 29 May 2013, 07:48

Oh well, I'm a lot like you mazy. I never used to be the jealous type. But in very recent years, I have developed a jealousy. I feel jealousy sometimes. Over george. wow. I don't understand it. because I never had it before, I guess. It feels so foriegn to feel jealousy. I just can't stand the thouight I guess of some of those women. Maybe because they seem so cheap or something. Not all women he has been in pics with, mind you. But some make the hair un my neck stand up a little sometimes. Just like a dang hen I guess. lol
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down