George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents

+37
tzizz
laetval
theminis
Way2Old4Dis
NotAvailable
janieb
lucy
fluffy
bellybaby
playfuldeb
socimar
barla
Katiedot
premiere
pandabear
bamboochacha
Aly
Clooneygirl
The next mrs clooney
blubelle
Missa
Dior
party animal - not!
lelacorb
Joanna
lovelylois
EEOsandy
it's me
silly girl
davidarochelle
annemarie
MM
melbert
cindigirl
Lakin460
Henway
41 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents

Post by Lighterside Sun 29 Jul 2012, 16:42

blubelle, I think in some of the pictures, if I am remembering correctly that is, that they did actually part and take their parents off for a little alone time, each in a different direction or so it appeared to me.

I have 3 grown sons as well and we often do things with my oldest son's wife's parents. I don't think it's out of the norm for George and Stacy who are dating a year now, having both sets of parents out to Como at the same time...it just makes sense to me.

In my opinion, it's the press who want to make more of it than it is, not anything George and Stacy are doing.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler out to dinner with their parents

Post by Lighterside Sun 29 Jul 2012, 16:44

@ cindi...I totally agree with you. He has little time and probably does try to arrange things well in advance to get it all in.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 29 Jul 2012, 16:54

Lighterside wrote:

It doesn't seem strange to me that he would have them come at the same time, since they are closer in age than most of the rest of his guests and not in the entertainment field and would at least have some companionship and good conversation within their own age group.

On the age thing, Nick Clooney is 78 years old and Stacy's father probably closer to George's age and his friends or you can say both are from the baby boom generation, then Stacy's father and Nick are. I doubt they were put together for some companionship. I remember seeing photos of Nick, George and Bill Murray out on the boat, in Como, a few years ago. His parents learn to just go with the flow with him.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 29 Jul 2012, 16:58

Perhaps, since SK is his guest for the summer, he has given her the privilege of inviting guests of her choosing, ie. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dawson, etc. Inviting her parents would surely come under the same category. So therefore, it might just be her invitation.
And of course, George is free to invite his parents to visit. It could really be as simple as that. We can be sure that Nick and Nina are at home and at ease with all of George's friends and I'm sure, don't need "people in their own age group" for companionship.
They may be "the old folks", but both are lively and happy, and with their relationship with George being so close, content with their time.
I also think that if they'd wanted to invite people, they would have. Can't imagine them having to "ask permission".
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 17:04

How come we never see George's sister, Ada, and her kids there? Is she really that introverted? I'd think at least G's niece and nephew would want to visit and boat around the lake. Anybody know what's up with that?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 29 Jul 2012, 17:11

I always heard that his sister Ada wants to shy away from the media, and maybe advises her children Allison and Nicky to do the same. Although I would think because Allison is around 21 years old and Nicky slightly younger, I would think they would love to visit Como.

The last time I saw them was when George was directing IOM in Cincinnati. They came to see him on a sub-freezing day.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 29 Jul 2012, 17:30

Actually my point is that I don't think it's for PR or to keep anyone in the media's attention as has been speculated upon. I think it came as a natural decision to have everyone there at the same time, based upon their dating each other and nothing more.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Jul 2012, 19:55

I do remember maybe 4-5 years ago, Ada was there with the kids and Nick/Nina. I'll have to go digging, and it could really be major CRS, but I'll look.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 29 Jul 2012, 20:13

melbert wrote:I do remember maybe 4-5 years ago, Ada was there with the kids and Nick/Nina. I'll have to go digging, and it could really be major CRS, but I'll look.

I posted this video before on Friends and Family thread but here it is again with Nick, Ada, Allison and Nicky. G was filming IOM in Cincinnati. See Nicky at 0.51 point, then Allison.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Jul 2012, 04:44

blubelle wrote: I can see your point Lighter. But as the parent of a grown son, if I hadn't seen him in some time I would like alone time with him. I wonder why G didn't let his folks invite people they are friendly with if he was concerned about them having companionship?
I understand what you're saying but how do you know that they didn't have time alone with him? We don't know when they arrived, how long they stayed or who was also there at that time with them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 30 Jul 2012, 07:28

And I remember Nick and Nina saying they have their own friends now in the area and they visit them too when they stay with George..
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 01 Aug 2012, 15:12

It would be great if Ada, Allison, and Nicky would go to Lake Como for a vacation. It is just great this time fo the year.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6