George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The acne model  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The acne model  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The acne model  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The acne model  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The acne model  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The acne model  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The acne model  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The acne model  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The acne model  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The acne model

+3
cindigirl
macs
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

The acne model  Empty The acne model

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:54

I think you all know my fascination for appearances and the reality of what lies beneath. I came across this fascinating video. Still not sure that I completely believe the transformation but thought I'd share in case anyone else find it interesting too.

http://www.kingofpeople.com/20595/cassandra-bankson-the-acne-model/

Cassandra Bankson posted a heart touching video showing what she neesd to put on her face to hide her massive acne.

The acne model  Acne_m10

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The acne model  Empty Re: The acne model

Post by macs Mon 02 Jul 2012, 13:33

yeah I saw the video, it's getting quite a buzz in France too...
there's a lot of comments, pros and cons. Not show sure how I feel about it, the end result is amazing, yet it really shows we shouldn't believe anything we see in those models. It's crazy how much work it is. On a side note apparently the budget for such a make up is nothing like mere mortals can afford !
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jul 2012, 13:50

Yes, didn't they say she goes through something like $2000 a month on products?

Not sure which I feel more strongly: happy that this far into the 21st century we have the beauty products that can transform a woman like this, or disappointed that this far into the 21st century women still need to be transformed.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 02 Jul 2012, 15:41

Katiedot wrote:Not sure which I feel more strongly: happy that this far into the 21st century we have the beauty products that can transform a woman like this, or disappointed that this far into the 21st century women still need to be transformed.

Women will always need to be made more beautiful. It's the nature of the beast. LOL

This looks like A LOT of trouble to go through to look flawless. On the tape it took 10 minutes, in real life probably longer. A popular product advertised in US (and maybe worldwide) is ProActive. That works wonders too.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jul 2012, 16:34

well... if she used about 15 pounds less of all that crap, her skin might clear up!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 03 Jul 2012, 05:13

melbert wrote:well... if she used about 15 pounds less of all that crap, her skin might clear up!!!!

Wuhahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 03 Jul 2012, 06:58

there is makeup out there that will do that. It's like someone is putting bondo on your face, like they do for car dent repairs.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:57

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acne/Pages/Causes.aspx

Acne in adults

Over 80% of cases of adult acne occur in women. It is thought that many cases of adult acne are caused by the changes in hormone levels that many women have at certain times.

These times include:

Periods – some women have a flare-up of acne just before their period is due.

Pregnancy – many women have symptoms of acne in pregnancy, usually during the first three months of their pregnancy.

Polycystic ovary syndrome – this poorly understood but common condition can cause acne as well as weight gain and the formation of small cysts inside the ovary.

In some people, acne can be a side effects of medication, such as steroid medication and lithium (which is often used to treat depression and bipolar disorder).

Acne myths

Despite being one of the most widespread skin conditions, acne is also one of the most poorly understood. There are many myths and misconceptions about it, including:

"Acne is caused by a poor diet." There is no evidence that diet plays a role in acne. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is recommended because it is good for your heart and your health in general. However, it will not help your acne.

"Acne is caused by having dirty skin and poor hygiene." Most of the biological reactions that trigger acne occur beneath the skin, not on the surface of the skin.
Therefore, how clean your skin is will have little to no effect on your acne. You should wash every day and wash your face twice a day. More frequent washing will make no difference to your acne and could make symptoms worse by aggravating your skin.

"Squeezing blackheads, whiteheads and spots is the best way to get rid of acne." Squeezing or picking your acne could make your symptoms worse and may leave you with permanent scarring.

"Sexual activity can influence acne." Having sex or masturbating will not make acne any worse or any better.

"Sunbathing, sunbeds and sunlamps help improve the symptoms of acne." There is no conclusive evidence that prolonged exposure to sunlight or using sunbeds or sunlamps can improve acne.
However, many medications used to treat acne can make your skin more sensitive to light, so prolonged exposure could cause painful damage to your skin. There is also an increased risk of getting skin cancer.

"Acne is infectious." You cannot pass acne on to other people and it is not infectious.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum