George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
UK FILM PROJECT  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

UK FILM PROJECT

2 posters

Go down

UK FILM PROJECT  Empty UK FILM PROJECT

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Jun 2012, 21:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UK NEWS

GEORGE CLOONEY, THE SCHOOLGIRL, AND £7M PLAN TO GIVE
CHILDREN A TOUCH OF MAGIC

Lily interviews George Clooney at The Ides Of March premiere

Sunday June 17,2012
By Hilary Douglas

EVERY pupil in Britain will get a shot at making films as part of an £7million project and they could even land an interview with stars such as George Clooney.
The British Film Institute has teamed up with Film Club, a charity which aims to involve schools in the movie industry.
As part of the project, students will get access to the red carpet at film premieres to talk with some of the biggest names in movies.
The money will also enable schools to make their own films.

Lily Donnelly, 17, is a Film Club ambassador who puts together webcasts and interviews with some of the industry’s biggest stars after her school, Townley Grammar School in Bexleyheath, south London, joined the film project.
“My best interview was at the premiere for the Ides of March and I got to talk to George Clooney. The Film Club organisers help you shout out for the stars just like the other reporters.

“Probably because I am young, he came over and seemed really pleased to talk as I was asking him about the film and how the film itself can be used as a medium to learn from.

“War Horse was another really exciting moment for me to do a red carpet report for I was able to talk to Steven Spielberg.
“He was amazing and I also got to chat to Benedict Cumberbatch and a few more
members of the cast.”

The project will build on the work of existing organisations such as Filmclub, First Light, Film Education BFI Education, Creative Skillset, National Screen Agencies and others in the cultural
and education sector.

Lily’s class has also had a go at making its own film, a “mock-umentry” called Antlers.
“We filmed it and did a voice over in the style of a nature programme, very David Attenborough,” she said. “We had to think about filming from different angles and then edited it using a piece of software we were able to access online.”

SEARCH UK NEWS for:

Townley Grammar is just one of the schools to benefit from receiving a wide variety of free films to show pupils, with Film Club’s online resources showing children how to write movie reviews and talk about the techniques used. Molly Clague and classmate Rosie Moody, both 11, from St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Maidenhead, Berkshire, have become fascinated by the technical elements of film-making since their school decided to join Film Club and to show a different movie every week.
“We love watching the old black and white films and animations. It is very educational and we talk about how the films are made after we have watched them,” said Molly.
Rosie added: “We have a Film Club website and we write reviews for the films after we have watched them which children from around the country are able to access.
“I would like to make a film if we get the chance.
“it would be very exciting to try to do what we have seen for ourselves.”
• For further details go to bfi.org.uk and filmclub.org
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

UK FILM PROJECT  Empty Re: UK FILM PROJECT

Post by it's me Tue 26 Jun 2012, 22:27

thanks
great pic too

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it's me