George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards

+9
Lakin460
Maggy
Atalante
dede2801
it's me
hathaross
melbert
Joanna
davidarochelle
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards Empty George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards

Post by davidarochelle Fri 22 Jun 2012, 04:31

ASIAONENEWSSHOWBIZ
Nadya, Clooney nominated for international green award

The New Paper
Friday, Jun 22, 2012
Local celebrity Nadya Hutagalung is one of the nominees for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards, along with big names like Hollywood actors George Clooney, Penelope Cruz, British designer Vivienne Westwood and Chinese actress Zhou Xun.

The 38-year-old Fly Entertainment artiste, who's the host and judge of upcoming reality TV modelling series Asia's Next Top Model, has been making a name for herself over the years as an eco-activist, an eco-centric jewellery designer and an advocate for sustainable living.

Hutagalung told The New Paper: "The nomination creates such an amazing opportunity to raise awareness of the issues we face not only in Singapore but in South-east Asia on a global stage.

"It is a great honour to be nominated alongside (the others) who are all motivated to use the platform (they have)...

"The motivation to win is really about creating an interest in Asia and all the amazing resources and culture we need to work hard to preserve."

You can vote at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This article was first published in The New Paper

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 20:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected title)
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards Empty Re: George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards

Post by Joanna Sat 23 Jun 2012, 00:37

Thanks DR....I voted for George....did you too ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards Empty Re: George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards

Post by melbert Sat 23 Jun 2012, 03:29

DONE!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 24 Jun 2012, 21:09

Thanks! I voted too! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 24 Jun 2012, 21:41

done!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by dede2801 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:28

Thumbs up!
dede2801
dede2801
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:47

I'll think about it, he has to do MORE though to convince me, those 100 women he dated don't belong to the endagered species !!! scratch
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:56

Done I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 20:38

Done!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 25 Jun 2012, 22:21

Done!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 25 Jun 2012, 23:01

Not done (yet) ! Juggling
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 25 Jun 2012, 23:13

Atalante, you silly woman.

Get to it warning
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 26 Jun 2012, 14:12

Atalante, you're funny! Smile
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by LaProfessora Tue 26 Jun 2012, 14:36

I've added my two cents to the voting. Only question, when you voted did you get any confirmation that the vote was accepted? I didn't.

LaProfessora
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Jun 2012, 14:56

I didn't get a confirmation either. I don't think they do that.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 26 Jun 2012, 15:50

Joanna,
Yes I took time away from admiring the "scenery" at the many Vegas pool parties to vote for G, especially since my very favorite pic of him was showcased. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 26 Jun 2012, 16:09

George Clooney Charity Work, Events and Causes
Charity biography

George Clooney seems to have one of the most charitable hearts in Hollywood, and, alongside his current mission to stop the human rights atrocities in the Darfur region of Sudan, he focuses much of his energy on helping those suffering from poverty.

Clooney famously founded Not On Our Watch with his Ocean’s 11 co-stars Don Cheadle, Matt Damon, and Brad Pitt, and producer Jerry Weintraub. The organization’s main goal is to stop the genocide occurring in Sudan. Clooney has visited the area personally, and spoken with victims of rape and torture. His charity has donated millions of dollars to help those suffering in the region, with much of the funding going through the United Nations World Food Programme.

The Ocean’s 13 leading man offered his company at the movie’s première and private after-party for an auction supporting Realizing the Dream. This non-profit seeks to continue the legacy and work of Dr. and Mrs. King in wiping out poverty and injustice.

Clooney has been known to give generous donations to homeless people, is a supporter of Bono’s poverty-fighting ONE Campaign, and is also on the Board of Trustees for the United Way.

George donated $25,000 to writers during the 2007 strike.

Clooney took part in the America: A Tribute to Heroes charity telethon for victims of 9/11.

Clooney visited the Nuba Mountains with ENOUGH Project to document atrocities of the Sudanese government on its own people, and testified about it before the US Senate Committee, days before getting arrested at the Sudanese embassy in DC in a peaceful protest.
From Look To The Stars:
Charities & foundations supported (25)

George Clooney has supported the following charities:

21st Century Leaders
American Foundation for AIDS Research
Ante Up For Africa
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
CARE
Casey Lee Ball Foundation
Cinema For Peace
Clothes Off Our Back
ENOUGH Project
Feeding America
International Rescue Committee
Make Poverty History
Not On Our Watch
ONE Campaign
Oxfam
Partners in Health
Realizing the Dream
Red Cross
Rock For Darfur
Satellite Sentinel Project
Save the Children
UNICEF
United Way
Whatever It Takes
World Food Programme
Other supporters of the same charities & foundations

Adam Sandler  Annie Lennox  Benicio del Toro  Bono  Brad Pitt  Claudia Schiffer  Courteney Cox  Don Cheadle  Forest Whitaker  Joel Madden  Liam Neeson  Matt Damon  Paul McCartney  Scarlett Johansson  Susan Sarandon

Causes supported

Abuse, AIDS, Cancer, Children, Disaster Relief, Education, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Hunger, Miscellaneous, Peace, Poverty, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Refugees, Women

Contact George Clooney

You can contact George Clooney using this service. (Or read our advice on how to contact celebrities)

George Clooney To Be Honored At Carousel Of Hope Gala Jun 6, 2012

The Carousel of Hope, the world’s premiere charity event benefiting childhood diabetes, hosted biannually by Barbara Davis, and presented by Mercedes Benz, is set for its 26th gala on Sat., Oct. 20, in Beverly Hills, Calif., at the Beverly Hilton.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 26 Jun 2012, 17:19

I'm not talking about " money ", he should " talk " about it more in interviews ! And he should visit a few projects. He only visits ... tata tarata tata ... girls. And those ones are not on the endagered species list ! Loud hailer Well guys who are into all kinds of ballgames never struck me as highly intelligent in the first place, so sorry enough he's no exception.

So no I'm not voting ! rabbit
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 26 Jun 2012, 18:53

Wow... I didn't realize that George helps so many people through so many organizations/charities. Kudos George! Give Flowers2

@Joanna, Whatever the "plan B" is that you threatened me with via PM... I've been abused by a lot worse people than you. I still love you no matter what you do to me!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 26 Jun 2012, 22:17

bravo

bravobravobravobravobravobravobravo
Love3
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 27 Jun 2012, 02:51

LaProfessora wrote:I've added my two cents to the voting. Only question, when you voted did you get any confirmation that the vote was accepted? I didn't.

I did. It was a popup box that said, "Thank you for voting." But it was difficult to see because it blends into the background.
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards Empty George Clooney nominated for the INTERNATIONAL GREEN AWARDS™ Most Responsible Celebrity Award

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Jul 2012, 11:40

Looks like we can go and vote for him: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vote for the world’s ‘Most Responsible Celebrity’
Friday, 20 July 2012 Date: 20th July 2012 – Voting is now open for the INTERNATIONAL GREEN AWARDS™ Most Responsible Celebrity Award. Nominees include the global eco-glitterati such as George Clooney, Penelope Cruz, Ian Somerhalder, Sachin Tendulkar and fashion visionary Vivienne Westwood, among others.

This award seeks to recognise an international media figure who has consistently promoted the sustainability agenda globally and as a result, influenced mass audiences as a celebrity. The competition is now open to a public vote at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This year’s nominees are comprised of 10 well respected celebrities who are deemed to have used their prominence to promote environmental and sustainable development issues and thus have become ‘responsible celebrities’. The candidate with the most votes will be announced as the winner at a showcase sustainable gala dinner on Tuesday 20th November at the Battersea Power Station, London. The winner will then be heralded as the ‘greenest’ media exemplar internationally.

Last year’s winner international supermodel Gisele Bündchen said in her acceptance speech “I have been blessed with the opportunity to bring attention to environmental causes, they are dear to my heart.” She also thanked her fans for voting and said of the award “Thank you for this special honour, I am filled with gratitude.”

In these troubled times for the environment, with climate-related disasters never far from the front page, it’s often news which features celebrities which attracts the most green media interest. The International Green Awards™ aims to raise the bar around the ‘cult of celebrity’. This award puts the spotlight on those progressive individuals who are keen to harness the power of the media, challenge conventional thinking on the climate agenda and who are really ahead of the game by ‘doing their bit’ for the future of us all.

Celebrities are undoubtedly some of the most powerful influencers in the world – they set trends for others to follow and thus are opinion leaders in their own right. In recent times as we adjust to the age of business transparency, an increasing number of celebrities have jumped onto the environmental bandwagon, while still others have truly embraced issues from animal rights through to deforestation and famine. Aside from their affluence, celebrities can set a very clear example for others as role models by endorsing sustainable lifestyles from recycling and purchasing low carbon vehicles through to switching to renewable energy.

All of the media figures selected have already used their media prominence in some way in the past few years to engage with mass audiences on environmental, CSR or sustainable development issues. In fact, many of the nominated celebrities are already recognised as ambassadors for organisations such as the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

Tony Juniper, Writer, Campaigner, Independent Sustainability Advisor and 2012 International Green Awards™ Ambassador commented “This is why I am proud to support the International Green Awards™, so that more people can see what is already happening, the leaders of positive initiatives be recognised and the rest of us to be encouraged by what they are doing.”

Don’t forget to make your vote count vote for the celebrity you respect the most by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before 6th August.

ENDS

Editor’s notes:

INTERNATIONAL GREEN AWARDS™

The International Green Awards™ is the leading platform sustainability intelligence, leadership and innovation.

2012 Most Responsible Celebrity Nominees

Erykah Badu – Singer; USA
Soul singer Erykah Badu is a devout vegetarian and is known for her socially conscious outlook. She established the charity Beautiful Love Incorporated Non Profit Development (B.L.I.N.D.) supporting community development for inner-city youth through performing arts. She collaborated with Kiehl’s to produce an eco-friendly body lotion in a biodegradable bottle, encouraging people to use more products that do not harm the environment.

George Clooney – Actor; USA
George Clooney is well known for ‘walking the talk’ on environmental and humanitarian issues. Following the release of ‘Syriana’ he launched a campaign to reduce America’s dependency on foreign oil. More recently, he has been involved in a mission to stop the human rights atrocities in the Darfur region of Sudan.

Pierre-Yves Cousteau – Marine Conservationist; FRANCE
IUCN Ambassador and dedicated marine conservationist Pierre-Yves Cousteau is founder of 'Cousteau Divers', a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of the marine world.

Penelope Cruz – Actress; USA/ SPAIN
Penelope launched the 'Red Carpet/Green Cars' Oscars campaign and is a leading advocate of its Greenest City challenge, which sees cities across the US compete to win a fleet of eco-friendly cabs.

Livia Firth – Eco-preneur; UK
Livia Firth has a fastidious commitment to sustainable fashion. She started the Green Carpet Challenge (GCC) three years ago to bring the environmental and social issues surrounding clothing to the fore.

Nadya Hutagalung – Eco-Activist, TV Personality; INDONESIA/SINGAPORE
Nadya Hutagalung became a household name as a VJ on MTV, but is equally well-known as an eco-activist and advocate for sustainable living. Her website GreenKampong provides a forum for those interested in eco-friendly living and in conservation.

Ian Somerhalder – Actor/Model; USA
Ian Somerhalder set up the 'IS Foundation' with the aim to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures. One of his latest 'green' ideas is to make the Vampire Diaries set more eco-friendly.

Sachin Tendulkar – Cricketer; INDIA
Indian cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar has used his popularity to lend support to UNICEF campaigns in his home country. In 2010, he was also appointed as a UNEP Goodwill Ambassador and participated in the 2012 Earth Hour Challenge.

Vivienne Westwood – Designer; UK
The designer recently unveiled her new Manifesto titled ‘Do It Your Self’, which suggests that fashion should be less about the recent move towards 'throw away' philosophies, where people buy cheap items and throw them away after a short period of time, and more about recycling, quality and utilising key pieces.

Zhou Xun – Actress; CHINA
Zhou Xun, one of China’s most popular actresses, spends much of her time promoting ‘tips for green living’ through 'Our Part', a campaign she runs jointly with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).

VOTING FOR THE ‘MOST RESPONSIBLE CELEBRITY’ AWARD
Have your say in who really is the most responsible celebrity through our public vote on our website. Visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
To engage through social media, send a tweet to @GreenAwards with the hash tag #MostResponsibleCeleb and #GreenAwards.

For press enquiries contact The INTERNATIONAL GREEN AWARDS™ Team

00 44 (0) 20 7 877 0631/32/34

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jul 2012, 11:44

voted!
(not for him)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 21 Jul 2012, 13:06

I voted for him!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jul 2012, 13:30

(me too!
was kidding!)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George Clooney nominated for Most Responsible International Celebrity in the International Green Awards Empty Who’s The Most Responsible Celebrity of Them All…? George Clooney?

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:49

Who’s The Most Responsible Celebrity of Them All…?

Posted on August 3, 2012 |George Clooney? Penelope Cruz? Or Erykah Badu?

The International Green Awards are asking the public to vote for the celebrity they think is most responsible when it comes to being environmentally friendly. As listeners to Talk Radio 702 and Cape Talk 567 will know, I have been doing the Celeb Green Tip on Redi Direko’s show for many years, getting hints and tips from those famous faces I’ve interviewed about how they look after the planet. So it is with great interest that I present to you the nominees for this year’s International Green Awards…drumroll, please.

George Clooney
Penelope Cruz
Ian Somerhalder
Livia Firth
Sachin Tendulkar
Vivienne Westwood
Pierre-Yves Cousteau
Erykah Badu
Zhou Xun
Nadya Hutagalung

Last year, supermodel Gisele Bündchen won the first ever Best International Green and Responsible Celebrity Award at the Natural History Museum, London. The awards have been running for 7 years and will this year take place at the Battersea Power Station in London in November.

On first look, it would seem George Clooney is a clear winner – he’s always using his platform as one of the most in demand Hollywood actors to do good. But Penelope Cruz has been an active force in mobilising the Hollywood community to campaign on issues ranging from world poverty (RED and One campaign) to human rights and, more recently, has also joined the ecological debate. A supporter of Global Green, she launched the Red Carpet/Green Cars Oscar campaign and is a leading advocate of its Greenest City challenge, which sees cities across the US compete to win a fleet of eco-friendly cabs. Penelope herself is committed to driving hybrid cars.

Then we get to The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder. His work is also impressive. He set up the ‘IS Foundation’ with the aim to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures. The IS Foundation focuses on habitat, energy and animals, as seeks to make connections to strengthen the push for positive environmental change. And the list goes on.

Celebs do have a sometimes unwarranted amount of social credit so if they can use it to help save the planet – why not?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:59

Do we have to register to make our vote count?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:19

Unfortunately George is out of the runnings:

Who’s the ‘Most Responsible’ Celebrity of Them All?

Jennifer Birn

According to almost 10,000 votes logged by the International Green Awards’s ‘the Most Responsible Celebrity’ Award goes to….IAN SOMERHALDER! Stateside anyway.

The International Green Awards™recently announced they narrowed down their slate of 10 nominees for the 2012 Most Responsible Celebrity Award to a final three. Ian beat out fellow Americans George Clooney and Erykah Badu to join Eco-prenuer Livia Firth from the UK and Eco-activist and TV personality Nadya Hutalung from Singapore as the trio still in contention for the title, which will be announced at the International Green Awards gala ceremony November 20 at Battersea Power Station, London.

Replacing last year’s ‘Cult of Celebrity’ award, TGA says the ‘Most Responsible Celebrity’ award “recognizes an international public figure who has promoted the global sustainability agenda… This award puts the spotlight on those progressive individuals who are keen to harness the power of the media, challenge conventional thinking on the climate agenda and who are really ahead of the game by ‘doing their bit’ for the future of us all.“

Just today Ian, who has said, “I don’t know how to do anything else other than be an actor. If I wasn’t in this, I would be in alternative energy and conservation” penned a piece on America’s energy crisis for The Daily Beast! Check it out here.

You can learn more about the good work he’s up to via the Ian Somerhalder Foundation here and the awards at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.S: Ian has our vote to win the role in 50 Shades of Gray too!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down