George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine

+59
shvibziks
Rachel
LornaDoone
Kris236
Way2Old4Dis
Barbara Garabedian
adgran
lucy
fluffy
Donna Frost
noodle
hathaross
theminis
doris day
Natascha
m4rose
Merlin
socimar
macs
bunny
it's me
fava
Missa
premiere
Cinderella
Maggy
barla
laetval
Atalante
Henway
Lighterside
Aly
Clooneygirl
pandabear
janieb
bellybaby
annemarie
NotAvailable
playfuldeb
Katiedot
bamboochacha
watching
MM
Joanna
Lakin460
Dior
melbert
blubelle
silly girl
lovelylois
EEOsandy
The next mrs clooney
davidarochelle
caudata
lelacorb
party animal - not!
phys major
cindigirl
63 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine

Post by it's me Sun 05 Aug 2012, 15:55

And also practice. I used o have nice handwriting but now i generally looks like an ant has bathed in ink then rolled over and died on the paper I'm writing on.

LOOOOOL!!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine - Page 19 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Aug 2012, 20:55

Can't remember if X Factor had it's own thread....there is no mention of SK but apparently they have whittled the finalists down to 6....with screen tests going on during the next two weeks:

From TMZ:

Khloe Kardashian is being seriously considered to become the next host of "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the show tell us ... they have whittled down the list of finalists to 6, and Khloe is on it.

We're told Khloe would like the gig, but she's not going to get it without a screen test. Production sources tell us ... producers will be doing screen tests in the next 2 weeks. Our sources say they will NOT buy a pig in a poke, and anyone who wants the hosting job must audition.

Not a bad move for the show, because the Kardashians are a proven audience draw.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Mon 06 Aug 2012, 22:40

Well there you go Stacy is way too busy this summer to belittle her grand star power and take time out of her busy schedule to audition. Rolling Eyes

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:52

I think if she is on the list, she will fly back and audition.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 07 Aug 2012, 00:02

Well is she is on the list and wants the job she has no choice but to audition. Being George's girlfriend may get your name on the list but that's it, if she really wants it she'll have to work to get it. I get the feeling that she isn't even in consideration however I guess we will know over the next week or so if she ends up flying back to the US again.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 00:47

for all we know, she's back in the states now.....
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 07 Aug 2012, 21:03

From OK Magazine posted today (seems like an advertisement...does she really eat those bagel chips?)

Red Carpet Confidential: Stacy Keibler Reveals How She Stays Sexy For George Clooney
By Valerie Nome

While Stacy Keibler is having a blast on the arm of boyfriend George Clooney, she is also mindful of maintaining a hot body.

Of course, dietitians often say a new relationship can be hazardous to the waistline, with all that wining and dining in restaurants.

Naturally, Stacy, 32, isn’t ready to let Oscar-winner George slip away just because she got doughy after a year of dating. She describes her diet as “clean,” and admits she’s a snacker.

“I eat well,” she tells me. “I make sure to have three meals throughout the day with two snacks in between. I keep snacks on hand to keep my energy up. You can usually find alkaline water, raw nuts and my favorite bite-sized snack, New York Style Mini Bagel Crisps, in my carry-on bag.”

She adds, “I keep New York Style Mini Bagel Crisps on hand for whenever I need to curb cravings. They’re the perfect snack, since they have 50% less fat and 18% fewer calories than the leading potato chip.”
Still, she doesn’t restrict herself when it comes to her sweet tooth.

“I can’t resist crème brûlée,” she says. “I have a soft spot for amazing deserts. I can’t help but have a bite or two.”

For Stacy, working out goes hand-in-hand with her little indulgences.

“To stay in shape, I try to work out five days a week for an hour to an hour-and-a-half,” she says. “My workout routine changes daily, I don’t have a favorite exercise because I’m constantly challenging myself to try new activities.”

What’s her stay-sexy tip?

“Having a routine is key. Once you get into the habit of a daily workout you won’t want to stop.”

Of course, being 5’11” and having 42-inch legs helps.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 21:30

1 ounce of bagel chips has 6 grams of fat and 130 calories. As far as nutrition goes, they are rated C-. They contain no vitamins.

1 ounce of potato chips has 10 grams of fat and 150 calories. They are rated C, probably because they contain 10% of your daily Vitamin C.

Neither of these options is a healthy snack. Saying she eats them because they are better than potato chips is like saying she fries potatoes in vegetable oil instead of peanut oil.

Absolutely nothing wrong with indulging in something unhealthy now and again, but actually promoting something so unhealthy while advocating healthy eating is misleading.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Aug 2012, 21:34

misleading
as her fights on those rings too

no?

Last edited by it's me on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 23:28; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 07 Aug 2012, 22:22

silly girl wrote:From OK Magazine posted today (seems like an advertisement...does she really eat those bagel chips?)

Red Carpet Confidential: Stacy Keibler Reveals How She Stays Sexy For George Clooney
By Valerie Nome

While Stacy Keibler is having a blast on the arm of boyfriend George Clooney, she is also mindful of maintaining a hot body.

Of course, dietitians often say a new relationship can be hazardous to the waistline, with all that wining and dining in restaurants.

Naturally, Stacy, 32, isn’t ready to let Oscar-winner George slip away just because she got doughy after a year of dating. She describes her diet as “clean,” and admits she’s a snacker.

“I eat well,” she tells me. “I make sure to have three meals throughout the day with two snacks in between. I keep snacks on hand to keep my energy up. You can usually find alkaline water, raw nuts and my favorite bite-sized snack, New York Style Mini Bagel Crisps, in my carry-on bag.”

She adds, “I keep New York Style Mini Bagel Crisps on hand for whenever I need to curb cravings. They’re the perfect snack, since they have 50% less fat and 18% fewer calories than the leading potato chip.”

“I can’t resist crème brûlée,” she says. “I have a soft spot for amazing deserts. I can’t help but have a bite or two.”

“To stay in shape, I try to work out five days a week for an hour to an hour-and-a-half,” she says. “My workout routine changes daily, I don’t have a favorite exercise because I’m constantly challenging myself to try new activities.”

“Having a routine is key. Once you get into the habit of a daily workout you won’t want to stop.”

Please be quiet this moron, Stacy knows the correct food as George knows the principles of married life!

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 23:20

silly girl wrote:From OK Magazine posted today (seems like an advertisement...does she really eat those bagel chips?)

By Valerie Nome

she is a food expert , diet or not , good or bad but sure press does buy that and believe she is got it , WOW .kudos for convincing Hollywood yo go girl ... Very Happy

not only your FB fans think you are sexy also Hollywood and you are fitness adviser WOW
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 08 Aug 2012, 01:25

OK, so THAT'S my problem!! I would have a dish or TWO!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:01

Anyone that really has a sweet tooth knows that it never stops at one of two bites. Every time she opens her mouth she sounds more stupid these days.
I'm gonna take my sweet tooth to meet my friends Ben and Jerry, and trust me it won't just be a bite or two Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:13

The next mrs clooney wrote:Anyone that really has a sweet tooth knows that it never stops at one of two bites. Every time she opens her mouth she sounds more stupid these days.
I'm gonna take my sweet tooth to meet my friends Ben and Jerry, and trust me it won't just be a bite or two

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Cracked me up!!!!! Will you introduce me? I've never been formally introduced to Ben and Jerry, but I hear they're real swell fellas! LOLOLOL!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 04:02

Will Power is for the young, give me the bowl I've earned it!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:46

“My workout routine changes daily, I don’t have a favorite exercise because I’m constantly challenging myself to try new activities.”

wow, guess the "Barry's Bootcamp" endorsement deal is done....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:01

Hell!! I'll eat EVERY pud going if Georgie was my man, just think of all the ways of burning off the creme brulee! Just think of combining any ice cream, a chandalier and George or melting chocolate, a motorcycle and George!!! Hmmmmmmm!!!! in bed
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 10 Aug 2012, 15:51

Looking at the boat pics today, I was wondering if SK's fashion sense was always this "matchy-matchy" thing she has going on now. Couldn't find many (actually only one or two) pics where she had on clothes, but did find this, from 2010:

Apprently her style hasn't changed much, and I have to agree with the comment below the pic...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 10 Aug 2012, 16:05

bellybaby wrote:Looking at the boat pics today, I was wondering if SK's fashion sense was always this "matchy-matchy" thing she has going on now. Couldn't find many (actually only one or two) pics where she had on clothes, but did find this, from 2010:

Apprently her style hasn't changed much, and I have to agree with the comment below the pic...

LOL! Does her bra match her panties in those pics, though? Just as good. Very Happy

I think we've seen an improvement in her style in just the time she's been with George. Remember those first few red carpets? Girl was a hot mess of Forever 21 cast offs and bargain basement extensions. Someone suggested that a stylist put together outfits for her, down to the jewelry and the shoes that match. It wouldn't surprise me.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:25

Damn, my post just vaporised! Reposting as best I can remember:

I agree that she's had a stylist working on her since the early days of dating George. In the beginning she seemed to equate attractive with 'putting all the goods on display' (which, IMO, tells us a lot about her mind set - this isn't someone who has confidence in herself, only in the wares she's selling and gets her self esteem kicks from men's apprising glances) whereas now she's toned it down a lot.

She also seems to have moved to a more fashion-forward style of dressing, wearing clothes and colours that are in. Not sure if that's her own direction or just the result of working with a stylist who is inevitably going to be trend conscious.

I like the way her clothing is evolving (I was going to say dress sense but I'm still not sure if that's her sense or a stylist's). Sure, she has misses as well as hits but that's normal for everyone in life, especially when you focus on latest trends which are, by definition, a step beyond 'safe'.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a stylist. She realised that what she was doing wasn't working for her, that she needed help to play in the big league and she went and got that help. Or was told to get it. Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:42

I see her wearing her designs as a sort of back door kind of clothing advertising. I read the JJ article today about her and George's boat trip and if you cursor over her black top you can see the clothing manufacturer. And I've seen that before.

I wonder if the clothes are donated to her by the manufacturer and if she makes money out of "modeling" them.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:45

cindigirl wrote:I see her wearing her designs as a sort of back door kind of clothing advertising. I read the JJ article today about her and George's boat trip and if you cursor over her black top you can see the clothing manufacturer. And I've seen that before.

I wonder if the clothes are donated to her by the manufacturer and if she makes money out of "modeling" them.

I noticed that too. I also noticed that if you try it on the pants, no information comes up. Maybe no one wants to take credit for that disaster. Very Happy
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:54

Agreed Missa - those pants are a national disaster. They hurt my eyes. They look like my grandma's living room drapes. Shocked
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:56

cindigirl wrote:I see her wearing her designs as a sort of back door kind of clothing advertising. I read the JJ article today about her and George's boat trip and if you cursor over her black top you can see the clothing manufacturer. And I've seen that before.

Just jared and other gossip sites actually make money from identifying the clothing. There are a lot of sites that do this to generate income.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Aug 2012, 20:30

Yeah, it's done by the websites not the celebs and the identification isn't always spot on.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 10 Aug 2012, 21:16

Hasn't GC got some long-running deal with Nike? I seem to remember Noah Wylie referring to it in a tribute-to-George-show, when he said that GC showed them how to get free Nike stuff.

It's obviously done in a very big way now. Looking at the running gear with Torrie Wilson the other day, it was noticeable that it was promotional stuff.

So in a way, SK's working while she's on holiday. Not a bad day's modelling work...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 10 Aug 2012, 21:33

party animal - not! wrote:Hasn't GC got some long-running deal with Nike? I seem to remember Noah Wylie referring to it in a tribute-to-George-show, when he said that GC showed them how to get free Nike stuff.

During the American Cinemateque for George (video attached) Julienna referred to free Nike stuff and Noah Wylie said if G wants to break up with a woman, have her fired, buy her a house and claim you were on back medication the whole time. I posted the video because I think it's so funny.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Fri 10 Aug 2012, 22:19

I think always wearing the trendy clothes can be a real embarrassment years later. Those are always the pictures you look back on and go, "OMG, what was I thinking?!" Sometimes trendy is just ugly - don't care if it's in style. The colorblocking is the big thing right now, but on a small person like me it looks ridiculous. She needs to dress for her size and what looks good on her.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 22:35

Ok, so if she's modeling the clothes then that explains why the paps are allowed to photograph so much; George is granting her the exposure she needs to fulfill her end of the agreement with the designer, et al. That makes sense, right? And it explains why she's always so overdressed and fully made up, etc. Like Cindy said, she's working on her vacay. Maybe that's how she's funding her trip??? (That was a joke.)

But for real, it's an "aha" moment for me to realize that it's business and George is supporiting this. Cause nothing else makes sense as to why this unprecedented exposure is occurring.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 10 Aug 2012, 22:44

Just because she is wearing a certain brand of clothing or sneaker does not mean she is getting paid to promote them by the company. It is only usually for major events that designers or companies give them clothing to wear. Celebrities often get sent freebies by designers in the hopes that they will be pictured wearing them in a trash mag and get free publicity for the designer. The designer of the pants made sure to tweet about them after the pictures appeared of Stacy wearing them. Stacy does not get a penny for wearing these clothes but she does get free stuff if that is what is happening here. It may also just be that she likes the clothes and bought them, not everything is an endorsement. She's over dressed because she is wanting to stand out and they are staged photo ops. Sorry to burst your bubble Lakin, it has nothing to do with the clothes. Crying or Very sad
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 22:57

Oh, ok. Well, I can handle the truth......Very Happy
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 10 Aug 2012, 22:58

Nice new avatar Lakin. I love his eye lashes Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 10 Aug 2012, 23:09

yeaaahhhh Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 23:24

The next mrs clooney wrote:Nice new avatar Lakin. I love his eye lashes Very Happy

Well, I have only lux to thank for it. At my request she posted some new hunkies of George and damn! I like this one!!!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 12 Aug 2012, 08:19

Is it me, or does this sound like a plug for the chip company to anyone else?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 12 Aug 2012, 13:19

Just slightly! Wonder how many endorsement contracts SK has now.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 12 Aug 2012, 13:56

Regarding the sunglasses and hat. If she wants to wear a hat whenever, wherever I don't see any real probem or faux pas with that. But IMO there is no excuse for the sunglasses in these pictures. I'm sure as aesthetically conscious as Stacy seems to be she would wear contacts if she has vision problems. Even if her eyes were overly sensitive to sunlight, during most of these pictures, there was no sunlight. In the one below they are sitting in an enclosed area at dusk and totally in a shadow. As someone stated most people like to see your eyes when they're talking to you. I agree with others who said this is rude.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 12 Aug 2012, 14:41

I think she is just trying to be her version of Euro. But I would rather her be sun smart and try hard than regress fashion wise back to this.... the shame

Got to admit, I would rather the overdressing of late than to go back to such clueless looks. And to think that was no more than 5 years ago. No wonder stylists can charge so very much for their services. They can perform miracles.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Aug 2012, 15:07

If she has to wear the sunglasses then loose the hat. The combination of both is just to much for where she is and the fact that her companions are more casual. It's like she's trying to do the old Hollywood Glamour style and missing by a mile. This is just all way too much for a rickety little boat in como. Maybe she thought George had a luxury yacht and they would be sailing to the french Riviera.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Aug 2012, 18:15

maybe she can't squint in the sunlight as the Botox won't allow it. So she has to wear sunglasses...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:03

Well Popsugar is loving her fashion choices.

Stacy Keibler's La Dolce Vita Wardrobe Inspires Our End-of-Summer Look

We may not all have a dreamy Lake Como estate to jet off to, but that doesn't mean we can't take some serious end-of-Summer styling cues from Stacy Keibler's vacation wardrobe. In short, the blond beauty has been killing it all Summer long with her fresh lineup of La Dolce Vita-inspired outfits. Her love of bold colors, seasonal prints, and wide-brimmed fedoras has manifested itself in a cool mix of daytime and nighttime ensembles — and we're currently looking to round out our own sunny plans with similarly bright orange Rag & Bone shorts, floral Sir Alistair Rai scarves, and if we're lucky, a slick pair of two-toned Chanel espadrilles, too. After a peek inside, it's not hard to see why Stacy's travel-savvy panache proves effortlessly chic and comfortable. We know it won't be long until we're more concerned with the best chunky knit sweaters and leather ankle boots, but in the meantime, let's end our Summer with a flurry of looks as stylish at Stacy's.

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:51

Most of her outfits have been very nice, have to agree with what she wears now over what she wore when. Someone said she looked over dressed compared to other Como guest who looked as if they were on vacation, have to agree.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:28

popsugar is probably getting paid to like her fashion choices.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:51

Just replying to this conversation from another thread cos I think it belongs better here:

Katiedot wrote:Guys, this is a forum for GEORGE CLOONEY and a thread about GEORGE CLOONEY raising money for the president. Why are we talking about Stacy Keibler? This isn't healthy.

She's George Clooney's girlfriend. She'll either be there or she won't. Why stress yourselves out weeks in advance obsessing over her attendance? Is no one interested in George?
The next mrs clooney wrote:I guess we think her attendance is related to George since it is related to George. Do you want us to start a new thread to discuss whether stay will be at the dinner on the Girls thread???? That would be stupid. I think Katiedot you have to accept that she is probably the biggest story in G's life right now given he's got no movies out and has been with her for the entire summer. There is bound to be crossover on the threads.
Katiedot wrote: Look, crossover I don't mind but it does concern me when every thread immediately becomes entirely about Stacy instead of George.

If George has done nothing to interest you, I have to ask what on earth has Stacy done that's so fascinating?
The next mrs clooney wrote:its not stacy that has done anything interesting it's the relationship between her and George that is intriguing.
Hmmm, interesting. I would agree if I thought there was anything meaningful or serious in their relationship but I just don't. To be honest, I always got the impression that was what you thought too?

To me it just seems so obvious that she's not important in George's life (yes, that's just my opinion of course) that I just don't get how she qualifies as 'the biggest story in George's life' right now. Surely the films he's writing, the friends he's with, the political stuff he's involving himself in and the films he's producing would all rank higher?

He has other, much more meaningful, relationships in his life, not least of which are Rade Gerber, Grant Heslov and I'd guess his mother. These are people who really know him and who he really makes time for. But we don't talk much about them or analyse any of that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 25 Aug 2012, 18:15

I agree with you for the most part Katie, and I do get tired of nearly every thread turning toward Stacy. But for your last paragraph above, none of them are IN OUR FACES. And by that I mean, the photogs get a shot or two of Rande or Grant or Nick/Nina, or others, but Stacy is IN OUR FACES alot. The old saying "out of sight, out of mind" holds true here. When you don't "see" people on a daily/weekly basis, they're not in the front of your brain. When we see a solo pic of George - "where's Stacy?" comes to mind. When we see a solo pic of Stacy - "oh, trouble in paradise?". When we see a pic of them together - "oh, she makes him look so old". I personally would prefer to see only George, or George with his parents, or George with his friends. But, Stacy is front and center this season, so she is in the front of everybody's mind. I guess her PR works. NOT! I hope this made sense.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 25 Aug 2012, 18:26

I think this is part of her PR endeavors. Think of it, George's name gets to stay in the limelight (whether he wants it or not) without him even showing his face. Sort of takes the burden off him (kind of like when he mentioned Fassbender took the burden of frontal nudity off him.) LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 25 Aug 2012, 19:14

She is the most prominent thing right now that we get to see. We don't get to hear anything about his writing over than the fact that he's doing it. Stacy is thrust into our lives everyday because of the constant pr pics. When someone is in a pic with someone else then its nromal to talk about both people. Trust me I don't like stacy but she is in pretty much every picture that people ar going to be naturally curious about if she will show up at his next major event and want to gossip about it. Its all part of forum life that there will be crossover not sure why its such an issue.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Aug 2012, 19:29

I hear you Mel and TNMC.

She will be around a lot, after all, she's his girlfriend. I do wonder if she's really as much in our faces or if we put her in prime position? It's no secret on this site that threads with George get comments, but pictures of George with Stacy get many, many more comments.
She gets brought into threads that have nothing to do with her.

It's an issue for me because I'm not much of a Stacy fan. I can pretty much take her or leave her and I wonder why on earth people work themselves up into a tizzy over her so often. George Clooney is hosting a fundraiser for the president of the USA. There are about a million things we could talk about but no, straight away the subject turns to Stacy - who probably won't even be there.

What are the rights and wrongs of this fundraising? George is getting quite a bit of criticism about this but no one has any thoughts on this? Lighterside has raised some great points but few people have responded.

As for 'we don't hear about what George is doing', I don't buy that. We can talk for pages about meaningless, trivial subjects in Stacy's life that we don't have any details about (just take a look at the supermarket tv show) but can't think of a single thing to say about George?

And yes, I agree that when two people are in a picture it's normal to talk about both of them. The problem is, we usually don't: we usually only talk about one of them, Stacy.

ETA: I try to bring a sense of balance to the forum as well as put lost threads back on track. I also care that this forum is and stays a 'we love George Clooney' site and doesn't morph into a 'we hate Stacy Keibler' site. Stacy just isn't that important in George's life IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 25 Aug 2012, 19:46

Katie, I think it's normal for women to want to critique other women.

Please tell me what we can be talking about with George. He goes for an occasional bike ride, boat ride, wears the same clothes. He gives no PDA for us to talk about, no interviews on his latest projects. Some enlightenment about his Switzerland fund raiser but no word or opinions from him. I think he's sincerely trying to keep a low profile, bad for us his fans but probably good for him.

I think I'll refer back to his package thread - lots of good stuff there. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 25 Aug 2012, 22:10

cindigirl wrote: I think I'll refer back to his package thread - lots of good stuff there. LOL
Yay girlfriend, let's BRING IT UP again...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next