George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

MAY Chit Chat

+18
LornaDoone
lucy
Katiedot
Pari
blubelle
Vi
amuserato
melbert
macs
it's me
Michelle meyers
pattygirl
Atalante
Lighterside
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
Lakin460
Joanna
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: MAY Chit Chat

Post by cindigirl Mon 21 May 2012, 18:19

Thanks for your concern Lakin. Actually feeling better - went from in pain to just numb today, which is my usual condition. LOL Under the weather
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 21 May 2012, 19:26

CindiGirl - Give Flowers
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 21 May 2012, 19:52

Well, I hope you're "comfortably numb", Cindi! Thumbs up!

(little Pink Floyd reference there)
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 21 May 2012, 21:15

melbert wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:
melbert wrote:I've never in my life watched a full James Bond movie. But THIS looks good!
You're kidding!!!! Not even when Sean Connery was Bond?
Nope, not kidding. I've seen bits and pieces, but never got in to them.

Mel, Mel, Mel I have 2 words for you...Pierce Brosnan. super cool
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 21 May 2012, 21:33

....followed by Daniel Craig....yummy Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 21 May 2012, 21:46

Thanks again ladies, I thought I was going to die yesterday (and was almost looking forward to it.) LOL

I know, I'm a crybaby. Sad
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 21 May 2012, 21:50

Give Flowers cindi-loo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 21 May 2012, 22:00

hey Cindi! why baby?
big hugs hon! Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 21 May 2012, 22:07

(Joanna... is G already there?) scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 21 May 2012, 22:41

lol! I M......It's an old old picture gal....don't you remember it ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 22 May 2012, 04:25

no need to apologize Cindigirl. Sat night is movie night with my girlfriends and last week we watched Slumdogs. I cant watch children getting abused and after about 30 minutes, I got up and left. They were so into it they didnt hear me say repeatedly that I couldnt watch it anymore, so I left. And then called them all Sunday morning and apologized for walking out!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 22 May 2012, 18:59

Woo hooo! Got our invites to Buckingham Palace today....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 22 May 2012, 19:03

yes Jo
Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 May 2012, 19:25

Merlin wrote: Woo hooo! Got our invites to Buckingham Palace today....

Wooooohoooooo indeed Merlin !! Are they gold Plated ones ?
Just hope all this lovley weather lasts aye ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 22 May 2012, 19:50

Hi Joanna..sent you a pm....

Yeah I hope the weather stays like this or even dare I say it a little cooler!!!! Not used to the sun LOL
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 May 2012, 19:55

Thanks Merlin....you could hire a lovely Jane Austin
type Parasol for the day ? LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 22 May 2012, 21:53

This story is long but so very, very heartwarming:

True Story.

In 2003, police in Warwickshire , England , opened a garden shed and found a whimpering, cowering dog. The dog had been locked in the shed and abandoned. It was dirty and malnourished, and had quite clearly been abused. In an act of kindness, the police took the dog, which was a female greyhound, to the Nuneaton Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary, which is run by a man named Geoff Grewcock, and known as a haven for animals abandoned, orphaned, or otherwise in need.

Geoff and the other sanctuary staff went to work with two aims: to restore the dog to full health, and to win her trust. It took several weeks, but eventually both goals were achieved. They named her Jasmine, and they started to think about finding her an adoptive home. Jasmine, however, had other ideas. No one quite remembers how it came about, but Jasmine started welcoming all animal arrivals at the sanctuary. It would not matter if it were a puppy, a fox cub, a rabbit or, any other lost or hurting animal. Jasmine would just peer into the box or cage and, when and where possible, deliver a welcoming lick. Geoff relates one of the early incidents. "We had two puppies that had been abandoned by a nearby railway line. One was a Lakeland Terrier cross and another was a Jack Russell Doberman cross. They were tiny when they arrived at the centre, and Jasmine approached them and grabbed one by the scruff of the neck in her mouth and put him on the settee. Then she fetched the other one and sat down with them, cuddling them."
"But she is like that with all of our animals, even the rabbits. She takes all the stress out of them, and it helps them to not only feel close to her, but to settle into their new surroundings. She has done the same with the fox and badger cubs, she licks the rabbits and guinea pigs, and even lets the birds perch on the bridge of her nose."

Jasmine, the timid, abused, deserted waif, became the animal sanctuary's resident surrogate mother, a role for which she might have been born. The list of orphaned and abandoned youngsters she has cared for comprises five fox cubs, four badger cubs, fifteen chicks, eight guinea pigs, two stray puppies and fifteen rabbits - and one roe deer fawn. Tiny Bramble, eleven weeks old, was found semi-conscious in a field. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, Jasmine cuddled up to her to keep her warm, and then went into the full foster-mum role. Jasmine the greyhound showers Bramble the roe deer with affection, and makes sure nothing is matted. "They are inseparable," says Geoff. "Bramble walks between her legs, and they keep kissing each other. They walk together round the sanctuary. It's a real treat to see them." Jasmine will continue to care for Bramble until she is old enough to be returned to woodland life. When that happens, Jasmine will not be lonely. She will be too busy showering love and affection on the next orphan or victim of abuse.
And, just in case you wondered, http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/jasmine.asp has verified the truth of this wonderful story and the reality of these photographs which accompany the story.

So you can pass this story on, and maybe make someone else's day to be just a little brighter!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 22 May 2012, 23:32

è una cosa MERAVIGLIOSA I love you

grazie! Give hearts
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 22 May 2012, 23:40

did we already posted it?
well
it deserves anyway Wink

http://www.marieclaire.it/Cucina/Il-making-of-del-nuovo-spot-di-Nespresso-con-Clooney
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 23 May 2012, 00:17

Thanks cindi....and here is Jasmine.

Sadly she died in October 2011

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 23 May 2012, 01:02

Thanks for the video Joanna. Such a sweet and beautiful animal.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 23 May 2012, 05:04

Sorry for my snarky comments tonite, just had an argument with my son. So I'm crying and feeling like ----, also what a sorry excuse for a son! Not really I'm just hurt and mad. Anyway it's no reason to take it out on George.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 23 May 2012, 10:27

I understand, lucy, and hope today is a better day for
you and yours flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 23 May 2012, 12:00

A young lady came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago." "Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked. "Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a Hell." Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 23 May 2012, 13:04

Lakin460 wrote:A young lady came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago." "Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked. "Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a Hell." Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."

Sorry, put this in the wrong thread! My bad!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 23 May 2012, 13:09

Two Choices

What would you do?....you make the choice. Don't look for a punch line, there isn't one. Read it anyway. My question is: Would you have made the same choice?

At a fundraising dinner for a school <(Chush) {Some children remain in Chush for their entire school career, while others can be mainstreamed into conventional schools.} that serves children with learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question:

'When not interfered with by outside influences, everything nature does, is done with perfection.

Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand things as other children do.

Where is the natural order of things in my son?'

The audience was stilled by the query.

The father continued. 'I believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat that child.'

Then he told the following story:

Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.

I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in the ninth inning.'

Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.

In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs but was still behind by three.

In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the stands.

In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again.

Now, with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.

At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game?

Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat properly, much less connect with the ball.

However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least make contact.

The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed.

The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay.

As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball right back to the pitcher.

The game would now be over.

The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman.

Shay would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.

Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's head, out of reach of all team mates.

Everyone from the stands and both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first!

Run to first!'

Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to first base.

He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled.

Everyone yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!'

Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and struggling to make it to the base.

B y the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right fielder had the ball. the smallest guy on their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team.

He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head.

Shay ran toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled the bases toward home.

All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the Way Shay'

Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run to third!

Shay, run to third!'

As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!'

Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his team.

'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world'.

Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the day!

AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:

We all send thousands of jokes through the e-mail without a second thought, but when it comes to sending messages about life choices, people hesitate.

The crude, vulgar, and often obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion about decency is too often suppressed in our schools and workplaces.

If you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message Well, the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a difference.

We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help realize the 'natural order of things.'

So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people present us with a choice:

Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in the process?

A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's least fortunate amongst them.

You now have two choices:

1. Delete

2. Forward

May your day, be a Shay Day
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 23 May 2012, 13:23

Thanks, pattygirl. Forwarded to all my email buddies. Great story. How you treat weaker people says more about your character than anything else.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 24 May 2012, 03:25

Beautiful PattyGirl! Thanks...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 24 May 2012, 20:51

.....the magic of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Can't you just image GTC lapping it all up ?

I can....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 24 May 2012, 21:14

oh my! Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 26 May 2012, 17:04

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my American buds here on COH!

May your BBQ have spice, your picnic be nice, your day have no rain, your feet have no pain, may your weekend feel long, in your heart be a song, all your chores be done and your Monday be FUN!!!!

MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 10818 Party on, dudettes (& dudes, be there any)
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 May 2012, 17:07

we have a Longfellow amongst us!!! Very cute Lakin and back at ya!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 26 May 2012, 17:08

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Lakin and everyone. While we enjoy our 3 days off from work, let's not forget the veterans (old and young alike) who gave their lives so we can enjoy this weekend.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 26 May 2012, 17:11

Yes and amen, cindigirl! A greenie to that!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 26 May 2012, 22:55

cindigirl wrote:Happy Memorial Day Weekend Lakin and everyone. While we enjoy our 3 days off from work, let's not forget the veterans (old and young alike) who gave their lives so we can enjoy this weekend.

a pray
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 May 2012, 01:27

The oldest hookers in town: The 69-year-old twin sisters who are both prostitutes… and have over a century of experience between them
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 18:03, 25 May 2012 | UPDATED: 19:50, 25 May 2012

A candid documentary about a pair of 69-year-old prostitute twin sisters is to make its debut at New York's Film Forum festival this summer.

Louise and Martine, who are veterans of Amsterdam's famous Red Light District and have a century of experience between them, star in Meet the Fokkens.

In a trailer, released today, they describe how times have changed since they started their career in the early Sixties, and how they feel about the public perception of their trade.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2150023/Meet-Fokkens-Documentary-twin-69-year-old-prostitutes-Louise-Martine.html#ixzz1w1cjRwSk
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 May 2012, 02:53

I guess I chose the wrong profession. They're 69 and still getting laid, and I haven't in a coon's age.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 27 May 2012, 02:59

melbert wrote:I guess I chose the wrong profession. They're 69 and still getting laid, and I haven't in a coon's age.

Not just laid, mel, but PAID to get laid!! MAY Chit Chat - Page 4 10818 It's the trifecta of the labor force - age + sex + money = never gonna retire!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 28 May 2012, 16:47

melbert wrote:I guess I chose the wrong profession. They're 69 and still getting laid, and I haven't in a coon's age.

Hmm - 69 and still getting paid to get laid. Imagine. Damn I missed my calling.

Now they say sex is over-rated and if you believe that one I have a bridge in Arizona to sell you. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 29 May 2012, 13:53

LOL @ Mel and Cindi! Is it me or is it ironic that they are 69? geek

Hope you guys had a great holiday weekend. Ours was pretty good. We took a motorcycle ride through the mountains, had a cookout and water fight with all the kiddos. Not sure who had more fun, the kids or the big kids. Wink

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Tue 29 May 2012, 13:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 29 May 2012, 14:07

MyGirlKylie wrote:LOL @ Mel and Cindi! Is it me or is it ironic that they are 69? geek )

It's you, MyGirlKylie! The number 69 bears no significant or symbolic or subliminal relevance or reference to their profession, related activities or preference of sexual position or partner(s). Get your mind out of the gutter!!!! Jeez! gotpics
And yes, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek as I say this..... Yahooooo
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 29 May 2012, 14:18

(you know I'm just playin' wit 'cha, right MGK?) hidingbehindsofa
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 29 May 2012, 14:56

Lakin460 wrote:It's you, MyGirlKylie! The number 69 bears no significant or symbolic or subliminal relevance or reference to their profession, related activities or preference of sexual position or partner(s).

Hi Lakin, thanks so much for keeping this forum alive in King George's absence.

Want to point out that "69" was a huge reference to a certain sexual position. At least in my part of the world. It's disgusting and demeaning but still there. LOL

But as I've said before my favorite position is the "missionary position." Woman on the bottom, man in Africa.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 29 May 2012, 15:13

cindigirl wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:It's you, MyGirlKylie! The number 69 bears no significant or symbolic or subliminal relevance or reference to their profession, related activities or preference of sexual position or partner(s).

Hi Lakin, thanks so much for keeping this forum alive in King George's absence.

Want to point out that "69" was a huge reference to a certain sexual position. At least in my part of the world. It's disgusting and demeaning but still there. LOL

But as I've said before my favorite position is the "missionary position." Woman on the bottom, man in Africa.

LOLOL Yeah, cindi, I know, hon! LOLOL I was being fecitious in my post to MGK. I know all too well what 69 means - done it a time or two myself. affraid TMI
Sorry, I'm laughing over here. You are SO sweet. Thank you for wanting to keep me informed. I love you for it!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 29 May 2012, 15:40

My daughter Jo, her husband Dave and the 3 kids are going to California the end of June. They're landing in LAX, renting a car and touring, among other places, Hollywood. I told her to seek out our George and say hi for me. Told her it should be like when we were in Disney World and we ran all over seeking out Cinderella. LOL I'll remind Sara, my granddaughter who is pretty enough to catch his attention. When she sets out to find someone she doesn't give up. If I get an autograph I'll let you ladies know.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 29 May 2012, 16:39

Fingers crossed for G sighting while your family is traveling, Cindigirl. My fave position would be the man tied to bed with a gag so he wouldn't say or do something stupid to kill the mood. Wink

LMAO @ Lakin! To quote Clairie from Steel Magnolias "Weezer, you know I love you more'n my luggage. geek

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Tue 29 May 2012, 16:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4