George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger

5 posters

Go down

Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger Empty Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Mar 2012, 23:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Renee Zellweger speak to Marie Claire

By Harvey Marcus on Tuesday 1 April 2008

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George extends a hand, winks, and his face creases with warm lines that throw a kink of ripples across his brow, snatch a hold of that wide, knowing, Dean Martin smile and pull it wider.

'Hi, there,' he says. There's maybe two dozen or so people milling about - photographer's assistants, make-up artists, hairstylists, props guys, publicists, management, film reps - but when it comes the time, George greets each and everyone the same.

Renée Zellweger arrived early in gym sweats. She's enchanting, tiny, and oh-so-Kentucky sweet. We talk about George.

Did the fact you're friends with George help with the making of Leatherheads?

RZ Not at all. In fact, it made it horrible.

Is it true you used to go out together?

RZ We're married! Didn't you hear? The baby's coming in July. Why do you think I'm wearing this baggy jacket?

How did the two of you first meet?

RZ I think we were stuck at the same tables and in the same groups for a long time, and that just never stopped. And then, apparently, we got married or something happened and I'm not gonna tell you otherwise?

Ten minutes later, George joins us. Sliding down off the sofa, he sits at Renée's feet, resting his head (those puppy-dog eyes!) against her leg. We talk about how celebrity has changed.

RZ There's no dignity in it. You don't have to do the dumb thing for the dumb thing to be attributed to your biography.

GC That's true. Once something gets flown out there, like yesterday, it sticks. The night of the Oscars I went to the Elton John party and, apparently, I got mad at Daniel Day-Lewis because he tapped me on the head when he won the Oscar. This is the New York Post: he tapped me on the head, so I caught him at the Elton John party and we got into a scuffle.

RZ And you won, right?

GC Yeah, I kicked his ass. [Laughs.] The truth is, he kissed me on the way up [to collect his award]. There wasn't an element of truth [in the New York Post story], but it ends up taking some part of your day to debunk that.

Let's talk about Leatherheads for a bit. You wrote Renée's role especially for her. She says she didn't want to disappoint you.

GC We both had that.

RZ Yeah, completely.

GC She's one of my dearest friends and I wrote this part for her. She's also, unfortunately for her at times, a big star. When Renée commits, it green-lights a movie. So, there's a responsibility, as the director of this film, not to screw up my friend.

OK, with your help, Renée, let's address some of the more serious issues in the world of George Clooney.

GC Bring it on! Ready, go?

You've been called 'the sexiest man on the planet'.

GC Two-time. Two-time.

Tell me what it feels like waking up in the morning knowing you're the sexiest man in the world.

GC Right now? Do I feel like it?

RZ [Pulls George close.] Let me see. Yeah, he feels pretty sexy.

GC Just call me 'Sexy'. It's a tremendous responsibility, as you can imagine.

Quick change of subject: have your views changed on marriage?

GC I imagine [marriage] is something that's a sort of endgame for people.

What about wanting children?

RZ We're kinda busy.

GC I'm adopting a 23-year-old.

RZ Yes. And I have an illegitimate child.

GC I did try to adopt Britney Spears ? you know, somebody with some cash to take care of me in my old age.

RZ [Laughs.]

GC She wasn't having it.

RZ No.

This is an edited version of the full interview, which features in the May 2008 issue of Marie Claire
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger Empty Re: Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger

Post by it's me Fri 23 Mar 2012, 23:21

I remember that too

thanks
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger Empty Re: Interview with Marie Claire (UK) 2008 with Renee Zellwegger

Post by blubelle Fri 23 Mar 2012, 23:51

They do look cute together.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 24 Mar 2012, 13:45

I like Renee too. I think she's cute although described as "squinty eyed." In Leatherheads DVD George described her as tiny. I thought she was the same height as me, 5'5". I never thought of myself as tiny, although I am a bit skinny with no ass (as my bf describes me.) LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Mar 2012, 16:00

But we love you CindiGirl, no ass and all!!!!

Here you go Joanna!!! YOUR Renee all over MY George!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down