George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

+21
Nicky80
zizi
Pari
lucy
lelacorb
Joanna
melbert
Atalante
macs
doris day
Maggy
bellybaby
Katiedot
Missa
Dexterdidit
lovelylois
Astras
party animal - not!
it's me
cindigirl
silly girl
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  Empty George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

Post by silly girl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 19:09

George Clooney Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

While George says he is “pruod” to have Brad as a (platonic, get over it) friend, he says they actually don’t get to hang that often.
“People think Brad and I hang out all the time, but the truth is that we see each other very rarely, maybe a couple times a year,” he tells The Advocate. “I’ve had great fun spending time with my friend again over the awards season. Not only do I enjoy him as a person and respect his talent, but I also love what he does in the world. I can’t speak highly enough about how hard he works at making the world better. I’m very proud to call him my friend.”

As to the rumors about the two — or any others hinting that George is gay, he says, “I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, ‘These are lies!’ That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I’ll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don’t give a shit.”

Comfortable in his manhood, he’s not shy about commenting on Michael Fassbender‘s, well, manhood! People were taken aback when he joked about the Shame star being able to “play gold without using his hands” during the Golden Globes. “Well, c’mon,” he says modestly. “Every guy who saw that movie was like, ‘Jesus Christ,’ at the exact same time.”

As for his fellow actors coming out, he says, “Look at Neil Patrick Harris. He’s a big star on a hit show, and no one’s telling him he can’t play a straight womanizer. I use Neil as an example because I’ve spent time with him and I like him a lot. People like Neil and Ellen DeGeneres have opened the door to making it easier for everyone, and now each person just has to figure out his or her own path. Maybe it’s as simple as a gay actor going to work and getting the job done.”

The Oscar winner isn’t ruling out playing gay in the future, but says “I just haven’t found a screenplay with a gay subject that felt right for me as something that I could direct or act in.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 04:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  Empty Re: George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 19:58

Here's another article from Huffington Post (similar to silly girl's article) about George's sexual preference.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!  Empty Re: George Clooney Gay? He Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

Post by it's me Wed 29 Feb 2012, 20:04

I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing.

wasn't it a 'fun' sticker on Brad's car?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 29 Feb 2012, 22:28

Oh the headlines on the internet right now! Very selective indeed, cos of course the aim is to sell newspapers.

BUT they missed the best bit ' My private life is private, and I'm very happy in it'.................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 29 Feb 2012, 22:45

Once again we see that George is a class act. Unlike so many people who post comments on the internet. Geesh. Why are people so fill with vitriol and hatred? Ugh.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 29 Feb 2012, 22:50

From Ok Magazine
George Clooney Addresses Gay Rumors: "I Don't Give a S**t" What People Think

By Leigh Blickley
February 29, 2012 - 4:17 pm

George Clooney isn't interested in hearing what people think of him, especially when he's being called gay.

The actor, who has been facing gay rumors for decades, reveals that he could not care less if people think he's in the closet — there are much worse things he could be!

OK! GALLERY: GEORGE CLOONEY & STACY KEIBLER HAVE A ROMANTIC DATE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I think it's funny, but the last thing you'll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, 'These are lies!' That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community," George explains to The Advocate. "I'm not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I'm very happy in it."

George, who certainly does seem happy with his lady love, Stacy Keibler, adds, "Who does it hurt if someone thinks I'm gay? I'll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don't give a s**t."

Like his good buddy Brad Pitt, who claims he and Angelina Jolie won't tie the knot until everyone can, George has been hard at work trying to legalize gay marriage.

"One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black. People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side," George explains.
OK! NEWS: GEORGE CLOONEY & BRAD PITT GUSH ABOUT EACH OTHER ON THE RED CARPET OF THE 2012 OSCARS
"So it's encouraging to know that this too will seem like such a silly argument to our next generation. There are even a lot of young conservatives today for whom marriage equality isn't an issue. It always takes government an extra generation to catch up to the people."
What do you think of George's reaction?

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Feb 2012, 23:12

With the play coming up this weekend these articles were bound to come out. I think it's good he is saying something but I doubt it would ever matter what he said some will always believe he is gay.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 29 Feb 2012, 23:24

This is the interview in The Advocate from which all these quotes were pulled. It's a good read:
By George, Clooney’s Got Us
Gearing up for the one-night-only L.A. reading of 8, Dustin Lance Black’s Prop. 8 play, George Clooney reaffirms his commitment to marriage equality and opens up about persistent gay rumors, his bromance with Brad Pitt, and the prospect of playing Paul Lynde.
By Brandon Voss

The success of films such as Ocean’s Eleven, Up in the Air, and The Descendants has made George Clooney one of the most celebrated movie stars in the world, but the former ER doc has garnered increasing attention as a vocal champion of marriage equality. Clooney will take part in a star-studded reading of Dustin Lance Black’s play 8, which is adapted from transcripts of California’s historic Proposition 8 trial, March 3 the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles. Next seen on the big screen in the sci-fi thriller Gravity, the 50-year-old Oscar winner reveals why he hasn’t played a gay role and why he’ll never squelch a gay rumor.

The Advocate: How did you get involved with the staged reading of 8?
George Clooney: Rob Reiner, who’s directing, called and asked me to do it. I figured I couldn’t screw up a staged reading too bad. I felt that it was important to again bring focus to an issue that, in the very near future, we’ll look back on and laugh at the fact that it was ever an issue. It’s the right thing to do.

You’re playing pro-equality attorney David Boies opposite Martin Sheen as his adversary-turned-ally Theodore B. Olsen. What about Boies appealed to you?
I looked through the parts, and I just liked Boies and thought that was the part I could best serve. I haven’t spoken to Mr. Boies, but I’ve read the transcripts of the trial, and, of course, I’m very familiar with him and how special it was that he and Olsen got together on this issue.

When did you decide to get involved in the fight for marriage equality?
It’s always been this albatross that stood out to me as the final leg of the civil rights movement. It really came to a head during the 2004 elections, when it was used as a wedge issue, and it was a very effective tool to keep the Republicans in office and to avoid talking about other issues. Well before Prop. 8, I’ve made the point that every time we’ve stood against equality, we’ve been on the wrong side of history. It’s the same kind of argument they made when they didn’t want blacks to serve in the military, or when they didn’t want blacks to marry whites. One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black. People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side. So it’s encouraging to know that this too will seem like such a silly argument to our next generation. There are even a lot of young conservatives today for whom marriage equality isn’t an issue. It always takes government an extra generation to catch up to the people.

How can we speed up that process?
I play a presidential candidate in The Ides of March, and I have a scene where I talk about marriage rights and how this will all be over soon. Because there’s always the argument about choice: When you say someone chose to be gay, when “I was born this way” becomes “I decided to be this way,” you can say that it not a civil rights issue. But I believe that portion of the argument is so rapidly changing, especially with young people. Once that’s absorbed, when people realize that you don’t just wake up and decide to be gay, I believe that the next step will follow very naturally. We’ve had a very successful past few years. People get frustrated with the Obama administration, but "don’t ask, don’t tell" is gone, and a lot of states are changing their policies on marriage equality. I’m very optimistic that equality will soon be the law of the land.

Not all celebrities are as willing to make public political statements as you are. Why don’t more celebrities show your level of support? Are they afraid of alienating fans on the other side of the political fence?
I just think there are a lot of celebrities who don’t feel that they have a voice. A lot of actors come from a place of fear, and that’s just a general statement about actors. You’re terrified the casting director won’t like you, you’re terrified the producer won’t like you, you’re terrified the director won’t like you, and on and on. That doesn’t change just because you get a series or a movie and become popular, so it takes a while for actors to get their confidence up. You also have to remember that it’s very easy to immediately disenfranchise an actor with an opinion, because other than Ronald Reagan, actors aren’t allowed to have opinions. The simple truth is that everyone has an opinion, everyone has the right to voice it, and they should if they want to.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are among those who have gone so far as to vow not to get married until all Americans can marry.
Brad has also joked that he’s not getting married until I can legally marry my partner. He’s been funny about it, because he knows that the best and most effective way to end marriage inequality is to point out the ridiculousness of it. Gay marriage doesn’t affect anyone else or change the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. It’s not about singling out one group and giving them special rights; it’s about giving everybody the same rights.

Is it safe to say that you and Brad have a bromance against which all other bromances must be measured?
[Laughs] I do think we’ve set the bar very high. People think Brad and I hang out all the time, but the truth is that we see each other very rarely, maybe a couple times a year. I’ve had great fun spending time with my friend again over the awards season. Not only do I enjoy him as a person and respect his talent, but I also love what he does in the world. I can’t speak highly enough about how hard he works at making the world better. I’m very proud to call him my friend.

What was your first exposure to gay people?
When I was about 13 or 14, my dad was performing at Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre in Harrison, Ohio. He was rehearsing Fiddler on the Roof, and I got to meet everyone in the chorus. Growing up in a small town in Kentucky, it was the first time I understood that there was this whole other culture and society, and I found it very interesting. I’m so lucky to have been raised the way I have, because my parents believed that everyone had the right to their own feelings, opinions, and existence; as long as they weren’t harming others, you had to defend those rights. Although the Catholic Church didn’t teach us those things, that’s how I was raised.

Were gay rights in particular addressed while you were growing up?
There were so many fights going on with women’s rights, anti-Vietnam protests, the drug counterculture, but gay rights wasn’t an issue in my circle, certainly not growing up in Kentucky. Not that there was an anti-gay movement, but it just wasn’t on my radar. I grew up in the most time-changing era of the 20th century, the ’60s and early ’70s, when even the most conservative old cats were wearing leisure suits and scarves. Everybody was a little more open to a freer society, there was a sexual revolution, and there wasn’t a great appetite to chase down people who seemed different. That all changed after Watergate, of course, and it certainly closed up once Reagan was in office, but there was a good solid moment in time there where everyone was just sort of letting things happen.

A controversial 2010 Newsweek article about gay actors asked the question, “If an actor of the stature of George Clooney came out of the closet tomorrow, would we still accept him as a heterosexual leading man?” What’s the answer?
It’s a good question, and I remember reading that. I don’t know. It’s obviously not the same as if it were the ’50s and ’60s with Rock Hudson. Look at Neil Patrick Harris. He’s a big star on a hit show, and no one’s telling him he can’t play a straight womanizer. I use Neil as an example because I’ve spent time with him and I like him a lot. People like Neil and Ellen DeGeneres have opened the door to making it easier for everyone, and now each person just has to figure out his or her own path. Maybe it’s as simple as a gay actor going to work and getting the job done.

The gay rumor has followed you for years.
I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, “These are lies!” That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I’ll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don’t give a shit.

You’re right, because some people are still trying to make the case that Cary Grant was gay.
Oh, I know. I met Cary once, I read his daughter’s book, and I’ve gotten the sense that he would’ve laughed at that and not cared what people thought. He was a confident enough man to feel perfectly fine in his own sexuality and in his own life. Compared to other stars, he seemed much more together in a way. You know, you live your life well, you treat people well, and you hope that other people won’t make stories up about you, but they will anyway. It is what it is.

You voiced Sparky, a gay dog, in a 1997 episode of South Park. You also half-jokingly said in a 2006 interview with Barbara Walters that you played your Batman as gay in Batman & Robin. Other than that, you haven’t played a proper gay role. Are gay parts not offered to you? Do Hollywood decision-makers have trouble seeing you as a gay character?
When you’re in the position to green-light a picture, you become the decision maker, so there’s no conspiracy of powerbrokers. I’m in my office right now with a stack of scripts in front of me; if I pick one, it’ll be made. For me, the issue is finding a good script. I’m not looking at a character as much as I’m looking at whether or not the movie works. When you first start out as an actor, you’re just looking for a good part. As time goes on, if you’re being held responsible for the movies themselves, you’re looking for a good script all around. Right now my job is to find good screenplays, and it’s a lot harder than it sounds.

Many of your peers have taken on gay roles, particularly in high-profile biopics. Which gay personality would you like to tackle on film?
If you named somebody, I could tell you if I thought he had an interesting story.

Paul Lynde?
Yeah, I’d play the center square. The title of the movie would be I’ll Take Paul Lynde to Block. Listen, there are a bunch of interesting stories out there, but I just haven’t found a screenplay with a gay subject that felt right for me as something that I could direct or act in. I’m certainly not avoiding it. Whether it’s about being gay or it just happens to have a gay character, if it’s a great screenplay, let’s go do it.

Last year it was reported that you had been offered a leading role in the remake of The Set, a 1970 gay-themed Australian film. Is there any validity to that?
Whatever you just said, that’s the first time I’ve heard of it. Literally, that happens every day, where someone says I’m involved with something that I’m not doing.

An Italian gay reporter famously stripped down to his underwear, declared his love for you, and asked you for a kiss during the 2009 Venice Film Festival. How often does that sort of thing happen when the camera aren’t rolling?
Never. In fact, that guy only did that because the cameras were rolling. Everything Paddy Chayefsky wrote about in Network came true — about the news reporter becoming the star. It was so funny, because as handlers tried to shoo that guy out, he just kept yelling, “I’m gay, George! I’m gay!” I was like, “OK. Got it. And? What now?” People like that just want attention and want to make a name for themselves. As you know, gays have been the butt of easy jokes for quite some time now, and it would be nice if that weren’t the case.

As someone twice-named People’s Sexiest Man Alive, which man do you find sexy?
Not that I don’t think Bradley Cooper is a perfectly sexy guy, but I’m still shocked that Ryan Gosling didn’t get Sexiest Man Alive last year. I thought he worked hard and ran a very solid campaign, so I feel that he was ripped off.

And if your flattering remarks at the Golden Globes were any indication, Shame’s Michael Fassbender has also caught your eye.
[Laughs] Well, c’mon. Every guy who saw that movie was like, “Jesus Christ,” at the exact same time.

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 Mar 2012, 07:48

Here's the video with the gay reporter. I think George handled it quite well, right?

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 01 Mar 2012, 13:17

From Celebitchy this morning

Clooney: “Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I don’t give a sh-t”

George Clooney has a nice interview in the new issue of The Advocate. I’m guessing that he did this before the Oscars, which means that George was probably in the mind-set of “This will be published after I win my second Oscar, so I need to sound like I’ve just been crowned The King of Hollywood.” That’s not fair, though. He’s only slightly preachy in this piece. The reason behind the interview is interesting – he’s participating in a one-night-only reading of Dustin Lance Black’s play 8, which is “adapted from transcripts of California’s historic Proposition 8 trial.” Clooney is all about gay rights! And he doesn’t care if you think he’s gay, either. Well… he probably does care. But he doesn’t want you to know he cares. You can read the whole piece here, and here are some highlights:

On why he’s fighting for marriage equality: It’s always been this albatross that stood out to me as the final leg of the civil rights movement. It really came to a head during the 2004 elections, when it was used as a wedge issue, and it was a very effective tool to keep the Republicans in office and to avoid talking about other issues. Well before Prop. 8, I’ve made the point that every time we’ve stood against equality, we’ve been on the wrong side of history. It’s the same kind of argument they made when they didn’t want blacks to serve in the military, or when they didn’t want blacks to marry whites. One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black. People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side. So it’s encouraging to know that this too will seem like such a silly argument to our next generation. There are even a lot of young conservatives today for whom marriage equality isn’t an issue. It always takes government an extra generation to catch up to the people.

On his bromance with Brad Pitt: I do think we’ve set the bar very high. People think Brad and I hang out all the time, but the truth is that we see each other very rarely, maybe a couple times a year. I’ve had great fun spending time with my friend again over the awards season. Not only do I enjoy him as a person and respect his talent, but I also love what he does in the world. I can’t speak highly enough about how hard he works at making the world better. I’m very proud to call him my friend.

On actors coming out: It’s obviously not the same as if it were the ’50s and ’60s with Rock Hudson. Look at Neil Patrick Harris. He’s a big star on a hit show, and no one’s telling him he can’t play a straight womanizer. I use Neil as an example because I’ve spent time with him and I like him a lot. People like Neil and Ellen DeGeneres have opened the door to making it easier for everyone, and now each person just has to figure out his or her own path. Maybe it’s as simple as a gay actor going to work and getting the job done.

On gay rumors about him: I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, “These are lies!” That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I’ll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don’t give a sh-t.

On making a gay biopic, such as The Paul Lynde Story: Yeah, I’d play the center square. The title of the movie would be I’ll Take Paul Lynde to Block. Listen, there are a bunch of interesting stories out there, but I just haven’t found a screenplay with a gay subject that felt right for me as something that I could direct or act in. I’m certainly not avoiding it. Whether it’s about being gay or it just happens to have a gay character, if it’s a great screenplay, let’s go do it.

George thinks Ryan Gosling is hot: Not that I don’t think Bradley Cooper is a perfectly sexy guy, but I’m still shocked that Ryan Gosling didn’t get Sexiest Man Alive last year. I thought he worked hard and ran a very solid campaign, so I feel that he was ripped off.

On Michael Fassbender’s nude scene in Shame: Well, c’mon. Every guy who saw that movie was like, “Jesus Christ,” at the exact same time.

[From The Advocate]

I love that Clooney keeps talking about Michael Fassbender and, you know, the Fassdong. Clooney should be Fassy’s publicist – he’s doing more to get Michael noticed than anyone else (except for me, I guess).

As for the possibility that Clooney is gay – I’ve gone back and forth on it in the past. At this point, I think Clooney is mostly straight. If you told me he liked dudes who looked like ladies, I wouldn’t be surprised. If you told me he’ll date a woman even if she wasn’t born a woman, I would agree. But I do think he’s mostly straight – if he was gay, he would certainly have better taste in beards, wouldn’t he? He has sex with women. Woman with Adam’s apples. Women who are very strong, women who don’t mind dominating in some friendly games amongst consenting adults.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Mar 2012, 13:27

sure
he handled it
really well
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Mar 2012, 13:33

The production -- directed by Rob Reiner and written by Dustin Lance Black -- will run one night only at Los Angeles’ Wilshire Ebell Theatre on March 3

so
big time rehearsal
no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 01 Mar 2012, 14:45

I thought he answered those questions very eloquently, and smartly.

IMO, I think the gay rumors started about him, cuz no female wants to believe that he wouldn't actually marry them, or else he MUST be gay. And if I were a gay male, I'd certainly hope he was gay too!

George is a very smart guy. I'm always impressed by his knowledge. I'd love to meet and talk with him, but I'd be afraid that I'd come off as "less than knowledgeable"..... geek

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 01 Mar 2012, 14:51

Can't find the Prop 8 thread but here is a link...they are livestreaming it...
Uncover the truth about marriage for gay and lesbian Americans. George Clooney, Martin Sheen and Jane Lynch join an all-star cast for a one-night-only benefit reading of “8,” the new play by Academy-award winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black (Milk, J. Edgar) that chronicles the landmark federal trial of California’s Prop. 8 using the actual court transcripts and first-hand interviews.

Watch the L.A. Premiere LIVE >
Saturday, March 3, 7:30 p.m./10:30 p.m. ET

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 01 Mar 2012, 18:33

Here is from D-listed, warning can be a little raunchy with D-listed
George Clooney Doesn't Give A Shit If He You Think He Likes Peen

The first time I heard a George Clooney gay rumor was during his E.R. days and a friend told me that his friend's friend's favorite bartender's cousin's stepmother's pussy waxer's hairdresser's priest's fuck buddy's friend once heard that George was caught making out with another dude in one of the hallways on The Facts of Life set. In my mind, I pictured that Charlotte Rae caught George and she watched for a few seconds, softly stroking her pearls before she broke it up with a yard stick. Since then, I've heard all sorts of shit about George's gayness from how he keeps a kept trick in Italy to how he's a lifelong beard collector to how he hired Germany's finest butt dildo maker to craft a replica of Michael Fassbender's peen using only stills from Shame. Okay, that last one I heard from one of the voices inside of my head, but it's been right before. Anyway, The Advocate (via People) asked George about all the gay rumors and he's not about to confirm or deny that shit:
I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, “These are lies!” That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I’ll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don’t give a shit.
If George is a citizen of closet city and wants to stay that way, he gave a good answer. If George doesn't get a craving for foreskin on his tongue, he gave a good answer. The bitch gives good answer, I'll give him that. And George sleeping with a lock of Brad Pitt's hair under his cheek every night (which he so does) isn't totally gay, but it is totally sucio.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 01 Mar 2012, 20:12

Katiedot wrote:Here's the video with the gay reporter. I think George handled it quite well, right?

I'm not gay, George. I think I'm in love with you . George please, take me. Choose me. Please, Please choose me lol! Not worthy jocolor
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 01 Mar 2012, 20:48

silly girl wrote:George Clooney Talks About Coming Out in Hollywood & His Bromance with Brad Pitt!

George,
Comfortable in his manhood, he’s not shy about commenting on Michael Fassbender‘s, well, manhood!

“Well, c’mon,” he says modestly. “Every guy who saw that movie was like, ‘Jesus Christ,’ at the exact same time.”

...and every women was like "HALLELUJAH" Not worthy
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 01 Mar 2012, 21:36

I love this video Maggy! Brings back memories of Italy. G is SO cool.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 01 Mar 2012, 21:48

I like it too, Cindi. It's so funny, and George did a good job at
handling it.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 01 Mar 2012, 23:57

this was a joke,im not even sure that he is a journalist but a man from a show quite good and very well known here, called le jene like the movie of tarantino ,where some guys in a comic way find out scandals or speak in a light way about serious things

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 01 Mar 2012, 23:59

reservoir dogs is le jene in italy

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:58

It's none of our business who's gay and who's not
George Clooney says he couldn't care less what people think. But let's get over this desire to 'out' celebrities
Barbara Ellen The Observer, Sunday 4 March 2012

George Clooney has given an interview to the American gay magazine Advocate, stating that he doesn't care if people think he's gay. Actually, Clooney's language was saltier: he said he didn't "give a shit". He also said that he'd never wanted to make a point of denying the rumours, or make being gay seem like a bad thing.

All nicely handled, but the "George is gay" rumours have been swirling for at least 15 years, and suddenly Clooney is ready to address them. What's he been waiting for? His appearance perhaps in the one-night-only reading of Dustin Lance's play, 8, about the legalisation of same-sex marriage (the hook for the Advocate article)?

Then again, if people aren't gay, then why should they have to address such rumours at all? In fact, even if they are gay, why should they? What gives anyone, even other gay people, the inalienable "right" to know? Thus do we stumble and blunder into the thorny thicket of "outing" etiquette.

It's long seemed to me that, for obvious reasons, there is a much stronger sense of "ownership" among gay people. It just wouldn't occur to most straights to stake a claim on someone else's heterosexuality. No one hisses: "He/she's straight, you know", with a knowing wink. Maybe we should start outing each other; maybe this would make being straight a lot more fun. (Though of course I'm just being facetious.)

If heterosexuals had to fight for basic rights, or were beaten up just for their sexual orientation, then things would be different.

Clearly, for many gay people, outing is a deep-rooted impulse, born of a social history of enforced invisibility, shame, abuse, prejudice, and all shades of disenfranchisement. Similarly, the ability to spot other gay people, the infamous gaydar, was once a crucial tool – get it wrong, and you'd risk everything from social disgrace and imprisonment, to injury, even death.

However, what has any of this got to do with 2012 and George Clooney? Or indeed Whitney Houston, whose corpse was barely cold before it was being pronounced "lesbian"? There is also the small matter that the universal gaydar can't get it right every time. For his sins, Clooney dealt gracefully with a nigh on impossible situation: what is a non-homophobic straight person supposed to do?

Everyone knows that a person never looks gayer than when they're denying being gay. However, I cannot remember a single incident when a wrongly "accused" heterosexual was apologised to. Even if a celebrity is gay, there seems no real reason for these public bloodings.

Indeed, while once these incidents might have served a purpose in making homosexuality visible and credible, one has to wonder what this constant stream of celebrity outings is achieving today. And wonder if, in fact, it's now just a shallow indulgence.

It seems to me that, while "out and proud" homosexuality looks infinitely preferable to the closeted variety, it might be time to shift focus away from ruthlessly emptying said closet of every last public figure – from quaking boyband member to sequined diva. It also seems rather dubious for committed outers to continue to claim the moral high ground, when for the most part they seem merely obsessed with flushing out famous faces.

Far away from all this glamour, hardly a week seems to go by without a lonely gay teenager committing suicide after being bullied for his sexuality. Then there are cases like the three men in Cameroon who, last year, were sentenced to five years' imprisonment, for engaging in gay sex.

Indeed, 38 African nations are veering towards ever more severe penalties on homosexuality. But never mind that: is Clooney gay or not?

Well, Clooney said he didn't "give a shit", and frankly neither should the rest of us. Even for a straight girl, there seem rather more pressing gay issues than whom a Hollywood actor or actress might be schtupping?
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:05

I see nothing wrong with a person being gay or lesbian. In fact I have a few gay men I'm friends with and let me tell you, they are for me the nicest and easiest to be with (no expectations LOL). Anyway, IMO being homosexual is not a crime, not a choice and not anything to be ashamed of. I believe they should have the right to marriage even if only for the financial benefits.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:13

I really like this article. And I agree with you Cidigirl, there IS nothing wrong with being gay.
The only time, imo, it's acceptable to ask someone about their sexual preference, is if you want to date them. Then it's a matter of just determining if you're playing for the same team Very Happy

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:14

Well we have got the first gay prime minister, ... . He has a funny dress code. Can you guess what it izzzz ? jocolor
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Mar 2012, 16:37

Good article. I agree CindiGirl "Anyway, IMO being homosexual is not a crime, not a choice and not anything to be ashamed of". But, there are some people who will always find it wrong and they're probably the same ones who think mixed race marriages are wrong. Small minded SOBs!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Mar 2012, 11:30

It shouldn't be a crime, yet it still is in many countries, including the backward place I live in.

Not that that seems to make any difference to anyone's lives here, it's just a very useful tool to use when trying to get rid of inconveniently strong political enemies. Shout 'sodomy' while pointing the finger at said political enemy seems to be the preferred campaign style at the moment.

The funny thing is, if the accusations continue the way they have here, we're all going to be wondering whether we have any straight politicians in parliament!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Tue 06 Mar 2012, 01:26

The first time I heard a George Clooney gay rumor was during his E.R. days and a friend told me that his friend's friend's favorite bartender's cousin's stepmother's pussy waxer's hairdresser's priest's fuck buddy's friend once heard..

lol! Isn't that how the rumor mill always grinds. "My friend's, friend's grandmother's gold fish once told me..."

Incidentally, I was having a discussion with some male friends of mine not long ago regarding men's sexuality and how it's not unusual for straight men to have had an experience of a sexual nature with another man. Human sexuality is not always as linear or well defined as one might think. We do tend to put people in boxes, if we even dare talk openly about human sexuality at all. There are many published studies on men's sexuality as it relates to same sex encounters, but this page mentions several if anyone ever wanted to delve further: Concentrating

I only bring this up because obviously the "George Clooney is gay" rumors have been out there for years. Of course, you are no one in Hollywood until the gay rumors go 'round, so G is in good company. Razz I don't for one minute think George is gay (and I can honestly say that my opinion is not based on denial) However, based on my own conversations and published statistics, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere along the line he might have had experience with another man. But then again, he might not have either. I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to know either way. George is a very saavy man in neither confirming or denying anything; or in discussing his private life much in general. For one thing, as George basically stated, it doesn't matter what he says. People who think he's gay are going to believe it regardless. G could get married tomorrow and have 6 children and it wouldn't' convince those who believe he's gay otherwise.

More important for me, as someone who enjoys him as an actor, is that I think it's extremely wise of him to keep the wraps on details of his private life. There is nothing more distracting as a film goer than watching a well known actor onscreen and having tidbits of their very private life seep into the world the filmmakers have created. For example, I don't really need to know that Jack Nicholson likes to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches during sex. Embarassed Part of the allure of a fine actor is the mystique they project - that they are believable in the roles they play, regardless of who they are in real life. There really is such a thing as TMI, and I love that George is smart enough to know this. His discretion allows the fantasy to endure - regardless of what that fantasy might be to any individual fan. Has he had sex with a man? Does he like it rough? Is he kinky? Does he have a secret love? Are some of the women he dates in public only PR pawns? We don't know, and that makes him gloriously intriguing and mysterious. I love you

But back to the actual topic at hand, I love that he has acknowledged the gossip with matter-of- fact humor, compassion and sensitivity to the idea that being gay is nothing anyone should ever have to defend. We are all as we were created!

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 06 Mar 2012, 19:26

Are some of the women he dates in public only PR pawns? We don't know, and that makes him gloriously intriguing and mysterious.

gloriously? Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 06 Mar 2012, 19:54

Yes...gloriously ! Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:01

lol!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:03

From france magazine 2009

The nightmare (gay) George Clooney is being stroked by a man
Published: 29 Oct 2009 by Desperate Gay Guy
George Clooney has joked at first, ignoring the quip made ​​by his friend Brad Pitt. Then he wanted to clarify the truth, when he realized that the gossip began to boast of his homosexuality. Finally, stolen kisses with Canalis that would be the litmus test of his heterosexuality. All this would have been enough, right? No, because Clooney, as reported also GossipBlog colleagues, wanted to reiterate it in an interview with French magazine Gala:
"My recurring nightmare is a man who caresses me and that does not stop to say I'm beautiful"
A nightmare for most users of this blog is the dream that they hope to do almost every night, dear George (maybe even with you hero, eh). What do you think of the sentence given by the newspaper and playful prankster George? Words that are exaggerated and annoying or can understand his unease at this "nightmare"? Elizabeth, Stay with them, I recommend

Interview 2012 What changed for George?
CLOONEY: 'THINK THAT IS GAY? IT DOES NOT MATTER "
LPN-George Clooney: I do not care if people think I'm gay

01/03/2012 - The Editors
"I do not care if people think I'm gay", so GEORGE CLOONEY says the rumors about his sexuality. The actor, known as Bachelor of Hollywood refuses to give rise to gossip about his sexual preferences, because "if this were so there would not be ashamed to declare themselves gay."

The Hollywood star's sexual orientation has been questioned for decades, despite its numerous and often unstable, relationships with beautiful women, but George does not feel the need to make clear his respect for the tastes of the gay community. "I think it's funny, but the last thing I will do is alarmed, saying: 'These are lies,'" said actor interviewed by "The Advocate magazine."

"It would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. I have no intention of allowing anyone to make it seem that being gay is a bad thing." He adds: "My private life is private and only when very happy. Who can be annoying if someone thinks I'm gay? Even when I die there will be someone who will tell. We do not matter." Clooney, who currently is paired with former wrestling star Stacy Keibler, gloss with a future: "In the next generation this will seem like a silly argument."
What is the truth ?

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:08

Quite a poor translation there IMO
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:09

it's me wrote: Are some of the women he dates in public only PR pawns? We don't know, and that makes him gloriously intriguing and mysterious.

gloriously? Rolling Eyes

Are you rolling your eyes at me? lol!

Two of the definitions of "glorious" are "delightful" and "wonderful", so yes...I find it wonderful and maybe even a little delightful that the lack of actual fact regarding his personal life makes him more intriguing to me. It's fun to be intrigued and I do like secrets. Very Happy
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:57

Here here Astras...I've always thought Our Man would be boring
if he was wed !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 06 Mar 2012, 21:02

I mean the PR pawns are not glorious
at all!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 06 Mar 2012, 21:13

Joanna wrote:Here here Astras...I've always thought Our Man would be boring
if he was wed !!

Same here, love it that he keeps people guessing. Part of his "schicht." LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 07 Mar 2012, 05:44

Depends on the woman, if she were as interesting as he is, had her own source of income that came with lots of freedom to work from home, was not a wanna be, a star,famous, I could still love him married. Find it hard to picture George boring even with a wife.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Mar 2012, 13:05

working from home would be nice

to me 2! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 08 Mar 2012, 05:04

lucy wrote:Depends on the woman, if she were as interesting as he is, had her own source of income that came with lots of freedom to work from home, was not a wanna be, a star,famous, I could still love him married. Find it hard to picture George boring even with a wife.

Sweet thought Lucy I love you I believe the same too... Haven't found an alternative to "faithful love" as being the BEST HEALER yet Very Happy Even God is "faithful love" in a different sense... and HE heals everything...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 08 Mar 2012, 06:10

I'm with you, Pari
this was a really sweet thought I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 08 Mar 2012, 06:26

Thanks It's me Smile Hoping all is well too I love you Hugs Hug1

Last edited by Pari on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 06:28; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 08 Mar 2012, 06:28

That's true Lucy. I think he could pull off being married I do think he worries it would work against him. But it doesn't hold others back. Mind you it would give us a lot less to talk about. LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 08 Mar 2012, 08:34

Dexterdidit wrote:That's true Lucy. I think he could pull off being married I do think he worries it would work against him. But it doesn't hold others back. Mind you it would give us a lot less to talk about. LOL

Guess you were teasing Dex? About the "less to talk about" I mean Very Happy I cannot see George being married with someone who wouldn't get talked about one way or the other... although, with a wife, he has greater chances to gain steadily on his "respect" quotient... Will be MOST interesting though, to watch him in love... I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 09 Mar 2012, 02:49

Pari, if I ever saw George in true love,
I wouldn't find it interesting.

It would be the end
of my existence. Sad

Last edited by Maggy on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 Mar 2012, 13:13

?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 09 Mar 2012, 20:03

Why Maggy ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Fri 09 Mar 2012, 21:15

Yes, why Maggy?? I don't get it either !!! scratch

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 10 Mar 2012, 00:12

Because I live and breath for that man??I love you

(Is that bad?)

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 17:19

Reviving this thread for those who still want to walk over tired ground again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next