George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

+30
LornaDoone
pattygirl
Vi
zizi
blubelle
Missa
harleyq
macs
amuserato
watching
Katiedot
lovelylois
bamboochacha
sadDonkey
fava
lucy
bellybaby
Pari
Maggy
LyndaGirl
Dexterdidit
Michelle meyers
silly girl
it's me
lelacorb
Joanna
Cinderella
cindigirl
melbert
hathaross
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:41

I don't think for one minute that he's NOT self-aware.
He just doesn't give a s**t about gossip about him, only about gossip about others around him when it hurts them.
Why would dating females younger than himself
make idiots think he's gay ? confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

Post by Missa Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:55

It's not just the age, it's the whole package, as we've discussed here many times. If he didn't give a s**t about it, why would he bring it up? The reporter didn't say, "Hey, what do you think about those gay rumors?" or even "Tell me about a time Brad really got you good." He brought up the idea, and then blamed it on Brad's joke. It just struck me as remarkably un-self-aware from someone who I think is typically very self-aware.

I also disagree with the notion that gossip doesn't bother him. He may not publicly react to every rumor that comes out, probably because most of them are ridiculous and he'd never have time to do anything else. But, in my opinion, he mentions rumors that are out there about him and things that are said on cable television about him in interviews too often for it not to bother him. He's human after all, we all want to be liked.

As for the rumors he publicly addresses, it's seems so arbitrary which he responds to. I know he says he only addresses those that hurt other people, but the ones that have been swirling about Stacy lately haven't been kind, and he hasn't made a peep. I wonder if he responds to those that are true or those that are untrue.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Feb 2012, 21:40

The gay rumors have been swirling for years, much before Brad's statement and the "gay reporter" declaring his "love" for George at the junket. I think that it DOES bother him. Why would he bring it up otherwise? It does make me wonder about your last few sentences too Missa. Some terrible things were said about Eli and now Stacy, and we've not heard a peep from him OR Stan. Alot of it is BS that people ramble on about, and I think that he feels those are not necessary to address. And I agree also that if he responded to EVERYTHING said, that's all he would be doing 24/7.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 00:01

Here is a promotion of the article on this mornings Today Show

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 19 Feb 2012, 00:53

it's me wrote:
This is all for his comfort level. It makes him feel that he is not lonely. I am not saying I agree with it, he sort has made his own journey in the lonely department, but I understand it a little more. Parading Stacy around on the red carpet is an avoidance of his feeling of being alone in the Public arena.

bof

I don't agree
he is not alone

NEVER

he can put his hands on Stan's leg
or take Giovanni's hand

itsme you made me laugh out loud with your comment! just the picture of George caressing Stan's leg sets me off howling in laughter!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 00:58

I'm happy of that

Very Happy Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:35

Lovely George Clooney is starting to sound peevish - he needs a proper, grown-up laydee. George, it’s patently obvious that you need meaning in your life. Meaning me, of course.
By Judith Woods
7:30AM GMT 18 Feb 2012

Gorgeous George, drop that oiled-wrestler babe girlfriend this very minute and come to mamma. You may be matinee idol handsome and hugely wealthy and have irresistible crinkly eyes and your pick of the planet’s leggy lovelies, but no wonder you’re lonely and can’t sleep; what you really need is – me.

I can’t offer you firm pecs and a Red Carpet body half your age, but I do have a nice mug of hot milk and a soporific banana. And, seeing as it’s you, I’ll even go so far as to borrow the toddler’s musical bunny. Now then, I know you’ve been known to booze all night and snort cocaine, but (whisper it) wouldn’t it be just peachy to cuddle up and nod off?

George, you are Oscar-nominated even though your latest film, The Descendants, is crushingly, unfathomably dull. Your campaigning for Darfur is courageous and commendable. You have a home near Lake Como, which is American shorthand for being cultured and sophisticated.

But – and it’s a big but – you are also 50 and have begun veering dangerously, as men are wont to do, towards childish querulousness, which isn’t a good look for anyone.

Your latest pensées about existential isolation might impress the Maws (Models, Actresses, Whatevers) you hang out with, but you’re beginning to sound… how shall I put this delicately? Whingey and unattractively peevish. Yup, that just about covers it. In short, not dissimilar to every other middle-aged man, which is an appalling betrayal of the hopes and dreams of womankind.

Those empty nights spent solo watching telly in bed are not just an iniquitous waste of a swoonilicious A-lister, but a symptom of a deeper malaise. By now, a great many of your peers, mostly Brad Pitt, are busy rearing their offspring and, helpfully, other people’s offspring, too. Children are by no means an automatic gateway to happiness, but here’s the thing, they do offer a chap such as yourself a useful and entirely absorbing distraction from ... yourself.

I’m not wholly unsympathetic to your over-privileged plight. The trouble with having nobody else to think about is that it means you only have yourself to think about. 24/7. And, I’m sorry to admit this, it’s starting to show.

By any standards, you Have It All. You should be living the dream, for all our sakes. Instead, you are tossing and turning and ossifying into a morose curmudgeon with hair sprouting out of odd crevices. And those are 10 a penny. We know, because we married them.

So why not open yourself up to a new experience and try hanging out with a proper grown-up laydee – who may have a few miles on the clock, but also an endlessly fascinating hinterland – rather than kowtowing to cliché by dating arm-candy starlets who have an eye on the main chance and relentlessly, oppressively cute behinds?

George, it’s patently obvious that you need meaning in your life. Meaning? Me, of course. Go on, you know you want to. Bunny is tuning up her tinkly melody as I type. And did I mention the hot milk? I just want to watch you sleep. Honest.

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 08:53

watching wrote:Lovely George Clooney is starting to sound peevish - he needs a proper, grown-up laydee. George, it’s patently obvious that you need meaning in your life. Meaning me, of course.
By Judith Woods

Gorgeous George, drop that oiled-wrestler babe girlfriend this very minute and come to mamma. You may be matinee idol handsome and hugely wealthy and have irresistible crinkly eyes and your pick of the planet’s leggy lovelies, but no wonder you’re lonely and can’t sleep; what you really need is – me.

I can’t offer you firm pecs and a Red Carpet body half your age, but I do have a nice mug of hot milk and a soporific banana. And, seeing as it’s you, I’ll even go so far as to borrow the toddler’s musical bunny. Now then, I know you’ve been known to booze all night and snort cocaine, but (whisper it) wouldn’t it be just peachy to cuddle up and nod off?

George, you are Oscar-nominated even though your latest film, The Descendants, is crushingly, unfathomably dull. Your campaigning for Darfur is courageous and commendable. You have a home near Lake Como, which is American shorthand for being cultured and sophisticated.

But – and it’s a big but – you are also 50 and have begun veering dangerously, as men are wont to do, towards childish querulousness, which isn’t a good look for anyone.

I think that this is a good advice for him

Your latest pensées about existential isolation might impress the Maws (Models, Actresses, Whatevers) you hang out with, but you’re beginning to sound… how shall I put this delicately? Whingey and unattractively peevish. Yup, that just about covers it. In short, not dissimilar to every other middle-aged man, which is an appalling betrayal of the hopes and dreams of womankind.

Those empty nights spent solo watching telly in bed are not just an iniquitous waste of a swoonilicious A-lister, but a symptom of a deeper malaise. By now, a great many of your peers, mostly Brad Pitt, are busy rearing their offspring and, helpfully, other people’s offspring, too. Children are by no means an automatic gateway to happiness, but here’s the thing, they do offer a chap such as yourself a useful and entirely absorbing distraction from ... yourself.

I’m not wholly unsympathetic to your over-privileged plight. The trouble with having nobody else to think about is that it means you only have yourself to think about. 24/7. And, I’m sorry to admit this, it’s starting to show.

By any standards, you Have It All. You should be living the dream, for all our sakes. Instead, you are tossing and turning and ossifying into a morose curmudgeon with hair sprouting out of odd crevices. And those are 10 a penny. We know, because we married them.

So why not open yourself up to a new experience and try hanging out with a proper grown-up laydee – who may have a few miles on the clock, but also an endlessly fascinating hinterland – rather than kowtowing to cliché by dating arm-candy starlets who have an eye on the main chance and relentlessly, oppressively cute behinds?

George, it’s patently obvious that you need meaning in your life. Meaning? Me, of course. Go on, you know you want to. Bunny is tuning up her tinkly melody as I type. And did I mention the hot milk? I just want to watch you sleep. Honest.

Source

George listen this advices!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:35

how rude!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:40

OK, which one of you girls wrote that article?? C'mon, time to fess up!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:41

Joanna wrote:Certain types of people will always make a mountain out of a molehill and create negative stories and rumours, unfortunately.
Yes, you only have to see the media reportage of this interview to see that in action. The Italian press agency is reporting that George is a cocaine-using insommniac while another publication (I've forgotten which) has him down as a pain-killer abusing alcoholic.

It seems George's use of the past tense seems to have escaped a lot of professional reporters!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:49

on the other hand, I didn't know this expression, "Maws", but now I'm using it, I just think it's funny
watching wrote:Lovely George Clooney is starting to sound peevish - he needs a proper, grown-up laydee. George, it’s patently obvious that you need meaning in your life. Meaning me, of course.
By Judith Woods

Source
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:34

No wonder George likes to keep his private life private. He only has to open up a little bit and the BBB gets to work. I'm sure it doesn't bother him at all, but it may well hurt those around him, family & friends etc.
Some of the negative comments written here on OH may well
hurt them too, don't you think ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:14

Probably not but believe that Joanna was a risk that he knew? The press and media distort and always give a different meaning to the words. In Italy the press has distorted this interview and descivono George as a drug addict, a man addicted to drugs, an alcoholic and unhappy: do not place items out of modesty. But I'm sure he knew that this would happen!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:52

Maybe he knows, but it still must be unpleasant for
his family & friends.
If any comments like that are in PRINT then I hope he sues !
I often despair at some of the unpleasant things that are written online where the libel laws cannot reach.....even on OH !
I think it's cowardly of the writers.
I wonder...would they say that in print or to his face ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 15:37

Sorry to say that libel laws also cover sites such as this one. Just pray George never loses his patience with us.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 15:41

Oh right...good to learn something new Katie Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:44

quick, I need to install a zipper on my mouth!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:48

Goes for us all mel !

Isn't it a lovely day today ?
Butterflies and roses and all pretty things abound. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:49

lelacorb wrote:Probably not but believe that Joanna was a risk that he knew? The press and media distort and always give a different meaning to the words. In Italy the press has distorted this interview and descivono George as a drug addict, a man addicted to drugs, an alcoholic and unhappy: do not place items out of modesty. But I'm sure he knew that this would happen!

I agree
a risk
that actually went
an accomplished fact!

Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:06

Joanna wrote:No wonder George likes to keep his private life private. He only has to open up a little bit and the BBB gets to work. I'm sure it doesn't bother him at all, but it may well hurt those around him, family & friends etc.
Some of the negative comments written here on OH may well
hurt them too, don't you think ?

I think it does because after i read that, not only is he is showing he is only human ( DUH) but it worried me too. he caught malaria in Sudan. he has his aches and pains so now yes I worry for him.
i worry about him going back to Sudan again I do have to admit. i know he is trying to make a statement and it is his pet subject but, it isn't all that safe. he will go anyway but it is one of my worries.

Off topic- I wonder why so many people think that celebrities are more than human anyway. like they don't go through pain and problems like the rest of us. but that's JMO
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:18

Yes I think some people believe that because they are wealthy and successful etc etc they can't have any problems at all.
You only have to read the negative things written about people
like Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston after they died so young.
It's the way of the world unfortunately.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:33

To me George (over lust!) Has always done a lot of tenderness because I always thought of him as a man often lonely and melancholy in private life. This is a feeling that I have ever had and why I loved him even more
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:15

can be
if real
we will got there
all together Lots of happy
and give him
one BIG hug!!!! Hug1 Hoorah!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 19 Feb 2012, 23:32

or i could find one of those mascots that looks like a Curious george put it on and give him a hug This big
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:11

it's me wrote:
Thank you God/Creator for my parents, my friends, my computer, my car, my being able to take a walk on my own... my having the time to enjoy the path... etc etc etc... Every moment is in anycase a thanksgiving moment... an appreciation moment... so perhaps you might like to begin with emphasising that... without having to turn away from the truth of it all...

this is great
and I did like that

I did so
not today

because today I'm not in the same light mood
and believe me
bec I felt both ways
when you are in a bad time
all those 'thanks to'
are way
way so far from your sight

Well... YES, right!!! We try... we keep trying then na dear It's me? I love you And it is OK to fail... for as long as we did not WANT to fail in the first place... Nobody has a perfect everyday... neither the moment... BUT then, perfection is a journey... and who wants to be, who can be all perfect like God??? Very Happy

Thanks Zizi I love you

Great going Michelle!! I love you

Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:32

Judith Woods thinks she's the one, huh? Well, she can't judge G unless she really gets know him better personally. I have this advice to her: get a life, sister, get a man.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:53

Oh, I don't think she said anything worse than anyone here, and it sounded very tongue in cheek to me. Chiding him for sounding like every other middle aged man and dashing the hopes of women everywhere, that's clearly a joke.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 20 Feb 2012, 21:42

Great video!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 20 Feb 2012, 22:00

It was tongue-in-cheek. But. for those women out there who have that kind of attitude, that is the advice I would give them
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:41

Maggy wrote:Great video!

huh? scratch quale?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 07 Mar 2012, 23:34

I meant to comment earlier, but I'm a bit in love with the behind the scenes video of the photo shoot. There is something warm and comforting about it - maybe it's just seeing George and all that leather. Laughing I wonder how many of these things he's done in his career? Countless. Anyway, I'm all for the use of visuals:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 08 Mar 2012, 00:33

The man is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!! Shit hits the fan
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Mar 2012, 01:44

shower time for me!! Bathtub

Didn't help!! These pics are HOT!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 08 Mar 2012, 08:34

oh Shocked wow! fabulous job hon! Love3
you did affraid soooooooooo great shots! Give Flowers

and you can't say
which is
the Not worthy BEST! Give Flowers2 lip smack I love you

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 27 Mar 2012, 16:21

hum.. this is pretty ramdom so I'm not sure it needs a new thread (so i'm bumping that one), but the Hollywood reporter is getting its first russian edition, with a George cover !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Hollywood Reporter hits Russian newsstands
The first Russian issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine has hit the newsstands.
­The new edition has become the first licensed foreign-language branch of the popular American magazine.
Along with the printed version of the magazine the publishers also launched THR website.
US actor George Clooney appears on the cover of the magazine’s first issue. The number also features articles about actress Julia Roberts, director Martin Scorsese, actor John Cusack, and Russian director Fyodor Bondarchuk.
Apart from interviews with movie industry heavyweights, the new edition will also publish reviews of new films, cover celebrity scandals, and make reports from movie studios around the world. The first issue tells about Mosfilm – the famed Moscow-based studio, which produced dozens of iconic Soviet films and is still making movies today.
Investors behind the project are also responsible for the Russian version of the music trade magazine, Billboard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Mar 2012, 19:24

nice pic
thanks Very Happy

(why no more right click
to save pics ?????)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Want A Cracker Tue 27 Mar 2012, 19:31

he looks like he did in the american in that b&w series.

b&w suits him more. camouflages & is old hollywood

Last edited by Polly Want A Cracker on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 19:36; edited 3 times in total
Polly Want A Cracker
Polly Want A Cracker
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 23:06

Love those B/W pictures I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 28 Mar 2012, 00:45

Nothing like GC in black and white photos to perk up an otherwise boring day, that last photo standing against the wall is now my personal favourite, oh to be a fly on the wall, yes I'm gushing and I don't care Wink
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 28 Mar 2012, 01:56

it's me wrote:nice pic
thanks Very Happy

(why no more right click
to save pics ?????)
Katie wrote about it on the "Stuff you need to know first" thread.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3