George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's most embarrassing roles EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's most embarrassing roles EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George's most embarrassing roles EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's most embarrassing roles

+3
it's me
lelacorb
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Which one of these do you think is George's most embarrassing role?

Grizzly II: the concert

Return of the Killer Tomatoes

The Harvest

Batman and Robin

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over

His Nespresso adverts

View results

George's most embarrassing roles Empty George's most embarrassing roles

Post by Katiedot Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:58

Oooh, I haven't done a poll in ages. So, read the below and then vote on which of the mentioned films are the most embarrassing roles for George. You only get to vote for one and it doesn't matter whether you've seen the film or not:

From yahoo movies

George Clooney is quite rightly up for a Best Actor award at this year’s Oscars for his performance in top-notch family drama ‘The Descendants’, but the silver fox hasn’t always appeared in such classy projects.

We scraped the bottom of his acting barrel to find some of the roles he’d rather you forgot. Strangely enough, none of them made the Academy’s shortlist…

Grizzly II: The Concert
Sadly what would have been Clooney’s cinema debut was canned mid-production. A shame, as the plot revolved around a giant grizzly bear that attacks a rock concert in a National Park.

Clooney’s best moment sees him next to a campfire, seducing a youthful Laura Dern whilst listening to Michael Jackson’s ‘Billie Jean’. Suddenly he is mauled by a bear. Painful… in more ways than one.

Return to Horror High
The Cloon followed that up with another shocking shocker. He played (appropriately enough) a wannabe actor starring in a low budget movie. His character, Oliver, gets murdered in a closet whilst following a dripping trail of blood. One positive; his awe-inspiring bouffant ‘do.

Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Clooney’s next embarrassing effort is as absurd as it sounds. A mad professor concocts a swarm of killer tomatoes that are even nastier than the last batch thanks to their ability to take on human form. Currently rated at 0% on review site Rotten Tomatoes (oh the irony).

The Harvest
Just two years before Clooney made it big in ‘ER’ he starred in little-known film ‘The Harvest’. His character is credited as simply ‘Lip Syncing Transvestite’, and he fleetingly appears in lip stick and a crop top. At this point he was not considered a heartthrob.

Batman and Robin
Clooney’s most notable attempt at career suicide was this horrifying 1997 interpretation of the ‘Batman’ franchise. Highlights included those infamous ‘bat-nipples’ and a scene where Batman and Robin surf through the air on the doors of a rocket shouting “Cowabunga”. Clooney said later, “well I think we killed that franchise”. Chris O’Donnell apologised in his own way by never being seen in a mainstream movie again.

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
Six years after his laughable ‘Batman’ outing, it seemed George still hadn’t learnt his lesson, and popped up in ‘Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over’. Admittedly his role was fairly small, playing Antonio Banderas and his family’s boss, but it’s not really clear why the by-now-successful star signed up for this slightly depressing family sequel.

Nespresso adverts
Gorgeous George has become synonymous with coffee brand Nespresso - having fronted their ad campaigns, seemingly, since the dawn of time. Although the promo videos have clearly been a big win for the marketing department, Clooney’s rep has taken a bit of beating.

The worst ad sees Cloon go to heaven and tell god (played by John Malkovich… don’t ask) that to return to earth he’d rather trade in his Porsche and/or luxury ...
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George's most embarrassing roles Empty Re: George's most embarrassing roles

Post by lelacorb Sat 28 Jan 2012, 13:23

Katie, I did not vote but I think the most embarrassing role was in "Batman and Robin" because he was already rich and famous, was a role he could not refuse. Grizzly, Return to Horror High and the harvest is foilm Rhe did when he was not famous and if she wanted to work in the film had to accept what they proposed: There had to eat!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:05

eat

yes
so you can't say EMBARRASSING one IMO

it was work
simply
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:11

yep

work to earn a life

there is nothing EMBARRASSING he has done !!!!!
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:13

esatto!! Thumbs up!

ciao Vi Hello!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 31 Jan 2012, 15:33

Fun poll ! voted the ads, just because... the only movie I have seen in this list is Batman... is it a good or a bad thing ?
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 31 Jan 2012, 15:39

macs wrote:Fun poll ! voted the ads, just because... the only movie I have seen in this list is Batman... is it a good or a bad thing ?
For me ia a good thing!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 31 Jan 2012, 21:59

I went with Grizzly, because it also starred Kelly Preston and Charlie Sheen. I did not know about the bear mauling before I voted, and now I want to vote for it twice. Very Happy

I don't think Batman was one of his brightest moments, but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of awful that these other movies were. And he made a hell of a Bruce Wayne. HOTT! Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 22:12

i haven't seen those except B&R and the ads and i don't think he was bad on B i guess he did what he could with that script!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down