George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage

Go down

George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage Empty George Clooney: No to Pres. Campaigns, Yes to Same Sex Marriage

Post by Missa Sun 15 Jan 2012, 02:04

I was looking for the thread about the play "8" to post this in but couldn't find it. Move it if you wish, Katie. Very Happy

George Clooney: No to Presidential Campaigning, Yes to Same-Sex Marriage
Fri., Jan. 13, 2012 7:17 AM PST by MARC MALKIN

Paul Fenton / Zuma Press, Jun Sato/WireImage.com
You'd think George Clooney would be gearing up to hit the campaign trail for President Barack Obama, right?

Nope. He's not going to do it.

Why? Read to find out...

"I've never campaigned—even when my father ran for Congress," Clooney told me last night at the Critics' Choice Awards at the Hollywood Palladium. "I do fundraisers, but I don't think it looks particularly good to have actors out there on stage."

Even if said actor is someone like Clooney who is well schooled on the issues. "You can still be polarizing," The Descendants star said. "You can still actually bring as much harm as good and there's no point to it. Why take the chance?"

But that doesn't mean he won't express his opinion on hot button issues. As you may have heard, Clooney is headlining an L.A. benefit stage reading of 8, Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black's play about the trial to overturn Prop 8 and make same-sex marriage legal in California.

Clooney tells me he will play attorney David Boies, who teamed up with onetime political adversary Ted Olson to fight for gay marriage.

"I think the world is changing and it's becoming less and less of an issue and I think it shouldn't be long now," Clooney said. "I think younger people are looking at this like, 'Who cares?'

"I do believe it's generational, much like the civil rights movement," he continued. "Young people started taking to the streets and things changed. This really is the final leg of the civil rights movement."

Bravo and thank you, Mr. Clooney!

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down