George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 Empty George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Jan 2012, 06:35

This is from December but I've not seen it before. Some more new answers from George and I like what he says about learning to forgive yourself. I wonder if he does?

From Pop Entertainment

George Clooney Has Had a Very Good Year

by Brad Balfour

Posted: December 18, 2011.

Despite the media attention George Timothy Clooney gets for his love life, this dapper male star deserves the spotlight for a lot of the right things – his acting talents, social concerns, creative work, self-effacing humor, and general good-guy demeanor.

This year he released The Ides of March, a film he directed and stars in that is winning his co-star, Ryan Gosling, award noms. Now that he has starred in award-winning director Alexander Payne's latest, The Descendants, Clooney's revelatory performance is again garnering him numerous award nominations, some of which will undoubtedly result in various wins.

Clooney plays Matt King, scion of an old Hawaiian land-owning family, who re-connects with his two daughters, 17 year old Alexandra (Shailene Woodley) and 10 year old Scotti (newcomer Amara Miller), after his wife Elizabeth ends up in a coma through a boating accident. While coping with this tragedy, he grapples with new and old responsibilities.

Together, they travel from Oahu to Kauai to confront the young real estate broker, Brian Speer (played by Matthew Lillard), who was having an affair with Elizabeth before her misfortune. But there's much more to the story than that adeptly woven together by Payne.

Born in Lexington, Kentucky, George is the son of local newscaster Nick Clooney, who hosted a talk show on a Cincinnati station for many years. Since he was five, his dad often invited him into the studios. Declining to compete with his father, Clooney quit a job as a broadcast journalist to pursue an acting career and he debuted on television in 1978.

As he gained fame portraying Dr. Douglas "Doug" Ross on the long-running medical drama ER (from '94 to '99), TV provided Clooney with his first accolades. While working on the series, he attracted a range of leads in films such as Batman & Robin (1997) and Out of Sight (1998), where he first teamed with his frequent collaborator, director Steven Soderbergh.

In 2001, Clooney's celeb status expanded with the release of his biggest commercial success, Ocean's Eleven, the first of a profitable trilogy, based on the movie from 1960 with the members of The Rat Pack such as Frank Sinatra playing Danny Ocean.

He made his directorial debut a year later with the 2002 bio-pic thriller Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and has since directed Good Night, and Good Luck (2005), Leatherheads (2008), and this year's The Ides of March. He won the 2006 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his work in the Middle East thriller Syriana (2005) and has received two Golden Globe Awards as well.

Also a social activist, this 50-year old has served as a United Nations Messengers of Peace since January 31, 2008. Clooney's humanitarian work includes his advocacy of finding a resolution for the Darfur conflict, raising funds for the 2010 Haiti earthquake, 2004 Tsunami and 9/11 victims, and creating documentaries such as Sand and Sorrow to raise awareness about international crises.

The following Q&A is culled from a New York Film Festival press conference preceding The Descendants’ 2011 NYC premiere and after its debut at this year's Telluride Film Festival.

How did you come to do this film?
Well, Alexander failed to find me fascinating when I met with him for Sideways, which I've not yet let go. Then it was about two years ago – this time, almost [of the New York Film Festival premiere of the film] – that we met in Toronto and [Alex] came and said, “I have a script coming I'd like you to look at.” I said “I'm doing it whether I read the script or not” – which didn't work with Batman & Robin, by the way.

How did you work out your scenes with Judy Greer, who plays adulterer Speer's wife? They are very intense, pivotal moments in this film.
Do you remember what our first scene was ever? Not in this movie. We did a scene in Three Kings and our first scene together is us having sex up against the desk.

Surely George Clooney in real life will never be cheated on by a woman, so what would you do if it ever happens to you?
No idea, because I know how any answer will read.

So much depends on your relationship with the daughters in this film. What was the process of all you coming together as a family? Did you do any sort of bonding exercises?
Yes, we did bonding exercises. I would say “You guys stay over there and don’t talk to me.” No, it’s a process that I very much embrace in the rehearsal process. We’d go over the scenes a little bit, but mostly it’s about spending time with one another. Because the truth of the matter is, once you get to a set, everything is so different. We could sit here and work out the hospital scene, but the blocking alone is different. Everything changes so drastically when you finally get to do that. The rehearsal process in general is about trusting one another, and so a big part of it was just getting to know the gang and all of us getting the ability to feel comfortable enough to give each other shit. But there’s some truth in that, and once you can get to that place, it’s easy. The lucky thing is that they’re all such talented actors. We got a really good script and a really good director, and that sort of protects everything else.

They really managed to put you into the ugliest pants.
Those were my pants.

How did you work with the costume designer and why wear those pants?
I’m not completely against khakis, it’s just the level you have to wear them at. The higher you pull them, the more excruciating it is. This whole process was just about schlubbing up a little bit, and this seemed kind of easy to me. I grew up in Kentucky; this is standard, just different colored shirts.

With that in mind, having shot in the familiar turf of northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, how was it to compare with the experience of going to a place where the location figures so much as a personality of the film?
Well, most of the time I’m working in places I’m not familiar with. Sometimes that’s Slovakia, and then sometimes it’s Hawaii – and not to bash on Slovakia, but I really did enjoy Hawaii, as you can imagine. I think everybody will agree, it’s a great script, great director, and you’re shooting in Hawaii; there’s no downside to this. It was fun for me. I haven’t spent much time there, and certainly not in Oahu, Honolulu, so it was fun to see. It’s such an island, it really is an island. On the freeway the speed limit is like 45 miles an hour, and it takes you awhile to get into that rhythm. I’m driving behind people and I’m like “Move it!” and they’re like “Hey, hey, hey.” I was an alien because I wanted to go 50 miles an hour. But that’s just my problem. Eventually you got into their rhythm, so that was fun. I really enjoyed it there.

How different then was it to shoot in Hawaii versus being in your places of origin like Cincinnati, shooting The Ides of March?
Well, I didn’t have relatives on the set every day. When you’re shooting in your hometown, you’ve never met so many cousins. I mean really, they were like “This is your cousin.” I’m like “I have no idea who that is, but okay, you’re my cousin.” I didn’t have a whole lot of that in Hawaii.

At the crux of the film are notions of forgiveness, maybe redemption. What are your thoughts on forgiveness, both in the context of the film and in real life?
“I forgive you. Now I don’t forgive you. I take it back.” You’re absolutely right, there’s a big part of it, it’s forgiving yourself as much, because so much of this that happened was also his responsibility. I think a big part of that release at the end, when he’s with his wife and he looks at her and he kisses her goodbye, is understanding his part in this as well. Yes, she cheated on him, but he was not there and he was not a good father as much as he thought he was. He was busy working. That happens. Part of it was coming to understand that, and I think that forgiving yourself is a very big part of that. We all go through those experiences of understanding that the older you get, the more forgiving you are of other people’s mistakes. When you’re young, you find that anything that stands against something you believe in is just plain wrong. I remember there would be relatives of mine who would say something and I would say “Well, he’s a bigot,” and then come to find out later that I was way too judgmental. I was making the issue much bigger than it was. As we all get older, we get a little more forgiving of everything – except the guy driving 45 miles an hour.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 Empty Re: George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011

Post by dakota007 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 07:50

i think this is from Q & A for the cast, because it is identical to that one!! thanks Katie!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011 Empty Re: George Clooney interview with Pop Entertainment Dec 2011

Post by it's me Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:36

nice thanks
there is, here or there, some vid
a little clip of him
and his pants
(trousers, I mean....)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:11

It's Me: on the Descendants thread you'll find a million pictures of George in his clothes.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 11 Jan 2012, 21:18

thank you
you are a real friend Hug1

but first
would like (for once) to see him with no
pants

as we like to say

what instead I wanted to say is
I recently found a vid of the whole cast
lined to the wall Razz in some prem
in which he is saying exactly those printed words
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down