George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  Empty George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:46

From Go Local

Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Didi Lorillard, Modern Manners + Etiquette Expert

Manners matter even more when you're famous. Politicians and actors are role models for good as well as bad behavior. However, they're not above getting away with behaving badly. Studies show rising interest in etiquette and manners trending in 2011. Despite that, some of our highest-profile elected officials and celebrities behaved horribly in 2011. The whole point of etiquette is not to make you feel superior but to make others feel good about themselves. I'm presenting awards to those who behaved badly and those who were heroic in 2011. We would like to hear your nominations in response.

Worst-Behaved Husbands/Politicians
Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, investor, body builder, Governor of California 2003-2011, admitted to "Gropegate," behaving badly "sometimes," he's apologized to seven women who've came forward with stories of misconduct. One of which, a longtime employer, Mildred Baena, gave birth to his third son 14 years ago.

Anthony Weiner, NY Congressman 1999-2011, resigned from Congress due to a sexting scandal after racy Tweets led followers to a sexually suggestive photograph; he did apologize to his then pregnant wife Huma Abedin.

Herman Cain, Tea Party candidate, who suspended his 2011 candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination following allegations of sexual harassment and adultery by six women—which he currently still denies.

Newt Gingrich, the serial hypocrite, who was charged with 84 ethics violations while Speaker of the House (1995-1999). [It was the first time in history that a Speaker of the House was sanctioned ($300,000), and by a 395-28 House vote.] Since retiring in 1999, he's amassed a fortune and has become a Republican presidential hopeful in 2012. Mistresses are still coming out of the woodwork.

Best-Behaved Long-Suffering Wives
Maria Shriver, who apparently is now having doubts about pursuing a divorce.

Huma Abedin, a longtime personal aid to Hilary Clinton, recently gave birth to her first child, Jordon Zain Weiner.

Gloria Cain, currently, is sticking by her man.

Worst Bad Etiquette Performance - Female
Madonna, for insulting a fan offering a bouquet of hydrangeas to her at the Venice Film Festival in September 2011. Let's hope the singer-song writer, record producer, actress, film producer and director is more gracious with fans at Superbowl XLV1 when she performs during Halftime.

Best Etiquette Performance - Female
Lady Gaga, singer-song writer, producer, philanthropist, for her evolving dignity and grace and for founding the Born This Way Foundation that focuses on anti-bullying initiatives.

Worst Etiquette Performance - By A (Once) Leading Celebrity
Charlie Sheen for being himself on Two and a Half Men, and then getting fired for ... being himself.

Chris Brown for punching a hole through the window on Good Morning America; not the hip hop artist's only meltdown in 2011.

Patti LaBelle, mother of five, for throwing (a tantrum) a glass of water at an 18-month old for toddling across her path.

Snooki for being an Ugly American in Italy by driving a car into a police vehicle.

Lindsay Lohan for behaving badly at her court-ordered job at the morgue and then for posing nude in Playboy, another morgue-like performance.

Girard Depardieu for peeing in the aisle of a JetCity flight from Dublin to Paris in August 2011.

Alec Baldwin for refusing to turn off his iPad during an American Airlines takeoff and taking his displeasure further by tweeting about it in the twitterverse.

"Iron Chef" Mario Batali for publicly equating the banking industry with Stalin or Hitler.

John Galliano, the well-known French designer, for making highly anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris bar.

Serena Williams for letting her temper get the best of her at the US Open Finals in September 2011.

Ashton Kutcher for cheating on his wife Demi Moore and Tweeting in blind support of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno for supporting a former colleague accused of abusing boys.

Hugh Hefner and ex-fiancée Crystal Harris for arguing publicly about her returning their pet dog Charlie, a $90,000 engagement ring, and a Bentley. Last heard, the founder and CCO of Playboy Magazine told Crystal she could keep the ring and the Bentley, if she returned the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Heroic Behavior
George Clooney for his humanitarian work in developing countries and his op-ed piece in the New York Times, May 2011, titled "Dancing with a dictator in Sudan."

Hugh Jackman's performances in 2011 helped raise a million dollars for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.

Kate Winslet, who won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in The Reader (2008). She went on to receive the 2011 Yo Dona award for Best Humanitarian Work for her book and foundation "Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism." On August 21, 2011, the BBC reported she was a true heroine when she carried Richard Bronson's 90-year-old mother to safety after the house they were staying in caught fire.

Tackiest Behavior of 2011 Award goes to:
Kim Kardashian for her over-the-top vulgar wedding to NBA player Kris Humpries and not returning wedding presents after the 72-day marriage! She was recently seen at a Hollywood boutique cashing in on never-opened presents to buy herself a Rolex. Kim was named Grossest Personality of the Year by the National League of Junior Cotillions. Allegations from a former publicist claim her wedding was a staged ploy to generate money. Since the breakup, a widely circulated petition asking that all Kardashian-related programing be kept off the air has everyone in LA signing it!

Didi Lorillard tracks trends in etiquette and manners at NewportManners.com.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 01 Jan 2012, 04:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected title)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  Empty Re: George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011

Post by it's me Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:51

why under such Worst Manners title?
that scared me....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011  Empty Re: George Clooney wins 'Heroic Behaviour' award in Modern Manners + Etiquette: Worst Manners Awards of 2011

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:01

I was a little worried too but it turned out ok. Where is this Kardashian petition I'd sign I'm more then happy never to see that bunch talentless dimwits again.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:09

yup me too!! but great he is a hero now!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:21

he is!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 01 Jan 2012, 04:23

I think he looks like a younger version of Nick in this photo
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 01 Jan 2012, 04:29

it's me wrote:why under such Worst Manners title?
that scared me....
Sorry, I just used the title from the website without thinking it through! Hope the new title makes more sense.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jan 2012, 06:35

yes, thanks!!!

Nick, to me 2
maybe the hair...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down