George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling

+4
Dexterdidit
playfuldeb
melbert
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling Empty George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Dec 2011, 16:25

Since the Golden Globe nominations came out, this has been an ever increasing theme in the media.

From stuff new zealand

Clooney vs Gosling - Who's best?

CHRISTY LEMIRE

Last updated 18/12/2011

TOUGH CHOICE: Ryan Gosling and George Clooney are both up for Best Actor in January's Golden Globes. George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling: it really is a matter of personal preference, isn't it? And maybe it's a generational thing, too.

Both actors are sexy and gorgeous, of course, but both also have chosen difficult film roles that intentionally play down their looks. Both ooze movie-star charisma but both have displayed versatility, as well.

And both will be competing in the category of best actor in a drama at the Golden Globe Awards on January 15; nominations were announced Thursday morning.

Clooney is up for The Descendants, in which he plays a father struggling to raise his two daughters while his wife is in a coma; Gosling is up for The Ides of March, in which he plays a cunning campaign strategist for a democratic presidential hopeful ... played by Clooney. (Gosling also received a nomination for best actor in a comedy for playing a ladies man in Crazy, Stupid, Love.)

Perhaps a little tale of the tape can help us determine an early winner:

HEIGHT: Clooney is 5-foot-10; Gosling is 6-foot-1.

HOMETOWN: Clooney was born in Lexington, Kentucky; Gosling grew up in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada.

MOST IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE: For Clooney, it's so hard to choose, simply because he's been around longer and made more movies. Maybe Syriana (see below) because it was so demanding both physically and emotionally. But man, is he great in Michael Clayton.

As for Gosling, he had to dig deep for The Believer (2001), in which he played a Jewish man who becomes an anti-Semitic skinhead. It was an early indication of his vast talent. But man, is he great in Blue Valentine.

MOST OUT-THERE PERFORMANCE: Clooney showed his goofy side as a smooth-talking escaped convict in the Coen brothers' 2000 comedy O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Gosling fell in love with a life-sized doll named Bianca in 2007's Lars and the Real Girl.

BRUSHES WITH OSCAR: Clooney packed on the pounds, grew a shaggy beard and became virtually unrecognizable to play a CIA operative in 2005's Syriana, which earned him the Academy Award for best supporting actor.

That same year, he also was nominated for directing and co-writing the TV news drama Good Night, and Good Luck. Since then, he's earned two other best-actor nominations: for Michael Clayton (2007) and Up in the Air (2009).

Gosling was a surprise nominee for 2006's Half Nelson - not because he was undeserving, far from it, but because it was such a small, little-known film. He played a middle-school teacher with a drug problem.

EMBARRASSING BEGINNINGS: Clooney rocked the mullet in the mid-'80s on the sitcom The Facts of Life, where he played a handyman named George. Gosling was a member of The Mickey Mouse Club in the early 1990s, around the same time as Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

"SEXIEST MAN ALIVE" STATUS: Clooney has the rare distinction of winning the annual honor from People magazine twice: in 1997 and 2006. Gosling hasn't won - yet - but this year's winner, Bradley Cooper, has conceded that Gosling deserved the title more than he did.

ON-SCREEN ROMANCES: Clooney: Michelle Pfeiffer (One Fine Day); Jennifer Lopez (Out of Sight); Julia Roberts (Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve); Catherine Zeta-Jones (Intolerable Cruelty); Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air).

Gosling: Rachel McAdams (The Notebook); Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine) Emma Stone (Crazy, Stupid, Love), Carey Mulligan (Drive); an anatomically correct sex doll (Lars and the Real Girl).

OFF-SCREEN ROMANCES: Clooney is divorced from actress Talia Balsam and has dated model Lisa Snowdon, former reality show contestant and cocktail waitress Sarah Larson and actress Elisabetta Canalis. He is now dating former WWE star Stacy Keibler. Gosling previously dated his Notebook co-star McAdams and has been linked most recently to Eva Mendes.

THE WINNER: A tie. While Clooney will probably win on Golden Globe night, Gosling is so hot these days he seems unstoppable.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling Empty Re: George Clooney vs Ryan Gosling

Post by melbert Sat 17 Dec 2011, 17:24

Poor Ryan! The media had a field day with the Sexiest Man Alive with Bradley Cooper finally saying that Ryan should have won. Now, will the same thing happen if George wins? "Ryan should have won it!!" I would prefer George, but I can see the tabloids now...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 23:49

The things people waste their time creating. There really is no comparison, and to use time from your life that you will never get back, to write articles like this, seems silly to me. Each person, no matter who you are, has good qualities and not so good qualities. We all have different experiences that give us credit as to who we are, and trying to say one person is better than another person in life is ridiculous. We all excel in something.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 17 Dec 2011, 23:51

I thought they would focus more on the Brad versus George stuff but Ryan is so hot right now. I doubt it matters to either of them!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Dec 2011, 00:33

I think the reason they're doing this comparison is because George made the comparisons during their PR stuff with IOM. He said many times that he was so much younger, such a good looking guy, brilliant actor, etc. I think that George caused this!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 18 Dec 2011, 00:57

The media really started with these stories when Ides came out, framing it almost as a "passing of the torch" from one hot, talented, serial dater to another. Very Happy I'm a huge fan of Ryan's as well, and have been for a while now. For anyone who hasn't seen The Believer, which the article mentions, it is definitely worth renting. Ryan is fantastic in it, and it's an amazing story.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 18 Dec 2011, 00:59

Also might be because of the IOM split face ad. What's interesting is nothing for Ryan from the SAG Awards.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:03

nice avayar Play
such hairy G!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Dec 2011, 14:39

Becoming a huge fan of young Mr. Gosling, first took notice of him (The Notebook) but this year I've seen everything he's done and trying to catch up on all I've missed. Haven't seen The Believer, but will get it to watch over the holidays. Can't compare George and Ryan different generation and careers as far as films and choices go.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down