George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley

+9
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
Cinderella
Joanna
Dexterdidit
lucy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
13 posters

Go down

"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley Empty "George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:54

Thanks Henway for the link

From the wrap

Shailene Woodley on George Clooney in 'The Descendants': 'He's a Good Arguer'

Published: December 15, 2011

It's nerve-wracking to act alongside George Clooney -- and he knows it. Wednesday night following TheWrap's screening of "The Descendants" at the Landmark Theater, actors Shailene Woodley, Judy Greer, Matthew Lillard and Nick Krause -- along with producer Jim Burke -- talked about working with the film's leading man on the family drama.

"It was a challenge to be in some feisty arguments with him. He's a good arguer," Woodley said during TheWrap Awards Screening Series discussion moderated by Editor-in-Chief Sharon Waxman.

The 20-year-old actress, who plays the rebellious older daughter of Clooney's character, is up for Golden Globe, Independent Spirit and SAG Awards, and recently won a National Board of Review prize for her role in the film.

"He goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable as an actor," Woodley said. "It was exciting for me to learn from him, and have to raise the bar and rise to the occasion."

For his role in "The Descendants," Clooney recently won the National Board of Review Award for Best Actor and has been nominated for a SAG Award.

For their own part, Woodley, Greer and Lillard -- along with Clooney, Beau Bridges and Robert Forster -- have been nominated for the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. Nominations were announced Wednesday morning.

"I read about it on TheWrap," said Lillard, who was on crutches following surgery a couple of days earlier.

Lillard revealed that he almost didn't audition for the role of real estate agent Brian Speer in Alexander Payne's film. "I've been in most of the bad movies ever made," said the actor, who is best known for his roles in "Scream" and "Scooby Doo." "I had no confidence whatsoever that I'd get the part. A script of this ilk is not in my wheelhouse."

"My biggest fear was that I'd be the joke of the film," he added.

The actor who earns the most laughs in "The Descendants" is actually Krause, who plays the happy-go-lucky teen Sid. Krause said he taped his early video audition for the role on a cell phone.

"I have it somewhere, but it's pretty embarrassing," he said.

Woodley said she found out she landed the role of Alex King after getting a phone call from Payne.

"I have the voicemail saved still," she said.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley Empty Re: "George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley

Post by it's me Sat 17 Dec 2011, 12:25

"It was a challenge to be in some feisty arguments with him. He's a good arguer,"

I guess so

intelligent
and easy on words
it's a really dangerous combination!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

"George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley Empty Re: "George Clooney is a good arguer" - Shailene Woodley

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:07

A bit more about Shailene and George:

From smh.com.au

Shailene's dark alter ego January 6, 2012

By Jenny Cooney Carrillo.

Shailene Woodley celebrated her 20th birthday standing on stage at the Hollywood premiere of her drama The Descendants, with co-star George Clooney leading the audience in an impromptu rendition of Happy Birthday.

''This whole experience has been bizarre,'' Woodley says. ''On set, I would frequently have these surreal moments of looking up and seeing George Clooney and being in Hawaii and thinking, 'What did I do to deserve to get here?'''

Clooney, 50, believes it's sheer talent. ''I think she's a young Debra Winger,'' he says of his co-star, who was nominated for a Golden Globe in her supporting role, as was Clooney, the director and the film. ''She's a very special girl and I think she's going to have an amazing career.''

In The Descendants, directed by Alexander (Sideways) Payne, Clooney plays an indifferent husband and father of two girls who is forced to re-examine his past when his wife has a boating accident near their home in Hawaii and winds up in a coma.

Woodley plays his oldest daughter, Alexandra, a moody and rebellious teenager who unexpectedly bonds with her father when she tells him a devastating secret about her mother.

Woodley, an actor since she was five, is best known for the TV series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, in which she plays a popular high school student who becomes pregnant. She laughs at the observation that she is much more upbeat in person than recent roles would suggest.

''I'm such a happy, optimistic person that some people get annoyed,'' she says. ''But … I must have a really dark alter ego, because, growing up, I was always getting cast as the murderer on CSI or the little girl who pushed her mum off the balcony on Without a Trace. Subconsciously, I think my body needs to get out the darkness.''

The Descendants features one of the most flawed characters Clooney has portrayed and the actor embraced the challenge.

''I felt like this was a good place to talk about your fears in getting older and loss in your life,'' he says.

''I'm not out to try and prove anything any more, so now I get to just play in the sandbox and this seemed like a good place to do that.''
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jan 2012, 03:32

I really do see her going great places. I think that she has the intelligence to NOT get involved in the Hollywood bullshit and get herself messed up!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 07 Jan 2012, 04:21

I loved her in TD, think she was such a natural beauty while on screen, hopefully the fame doesn't get to her like it has so many young stars.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 07 Jan 2012, 04:57

Yes she seems smart enough to avoid the perils and to be in it for the work not just the parties. I haven't seen this yet but I would like too if it ever comes down my way!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 29 Jan 2012, 16:11

Just adding this here.

From the Express

George Clooney taught me to be human

THE recent Golden Globe Awards didn’t stir up the expected controversy from host Ricky Gervais who was on muted form.
Instead, more headlines were made by the unconventional footwear of rising star Shailene Woodley, 21, the talented co-star of George Clooney in the night’s big winner, the Descendants.

Making her first appearance at an awards ceremony, Woodley, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, exchanged her heels after the ceremony for a pair of Vibram “Five Finger” toe-shoes, which appalled fashionistas when Woodley, made her entrance at the Warner Bros party.

Fashion and celebrity website Jezebel described them as “hideous” but Woodley found plenty of champions on the twittersphere who applauded her stand for comfortable footwear.

It is clear she is a down-to-earth sort happier messing about outdoors than showboating on the red carpet.

“I like doing weird things like archery, hiking, rock climbing and foraging for food,” she says.

So she is not about to have her head turned by the hoopla surrounding the Descendants even if she struggled to contain her emotions after learning she had landed the prized role of George Clooney’s daughter.

“I was in my New York apartment when Alexander [Payne, the director] called me and told me I’d got it and I started crying for a few hours,” she remembers.

The star of a popular US TV show called the Secret Life Of An American teenager (in which her 15-year-old character faces the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy), the actress, who started acting when she was eight, can hardly have hoped to make a more auspicious movie debut.

Co-written and directed by Payne, best known for his wine-buff comedy Sideways, it is a bittersweet family drama based on the novel by Hawaiian writer Kaui Hart Hemmings.

Clooney stars as Matt King, a smoothie lawyer in Hawaii, whose life unravels after his wife falls into a coma following a waterskiing accident.

Woodley has the plum role of Alexandra, his eldest daughter and a combative and rebellious teenager who unexpectedly helps him overcome his mid-life crisis (Clooney has described the film as a “coming- of-age-story” about a 50-year-old man).

“I really wanted the role because she’s raw and messy and human and the script didn’t glamorise her or beautify her in any way and that’s so rare to read in scripts,” she says.

“The entire screenplay as a whole was very real and truthfully written.”

The film recently scooped Best Drama at the Golden Globes, beating off the more hotly fancied The Help and War Horse, and Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in the film. The film has also been nominated for five Oscars, including best actor for Clooney.

“The film has already exceeded any expectations I had,” she says.

She certainly landed the jackpot when she got the role: starring opposite Clooney and filming in Hawaii, preceded by three weeks of research to “get to know the culture”.

It was during that period, she says, that she and Clooney “bonded”. “I think he knows that it must be intimidating for people to work with him for the first time so he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable. He was so down-to-earth and grounded you forget he’s ‘George Clooney’, he just becomes George.”

Or, in her case, “dad”. The pair’s combustible but touching relationship lies at the heart of the picture as self-described “back-up” parent Matt fumbles his way towards various truths about himself and his family,aided by his precocious but vulnerable daughter.

Off Screen, by contrast, it was Clooney who imparted the wisdom to Woodley. “He gave me a lot of tips on the politics of this industry, things that prepared me for this whole process,” she says.

“He also taught me about being a better human being. He’s the most generous and grateful person I’ve ever met in my life and I got to learn kindness and gratitude and happiness and generosity.”

A well known on-set prankster, Clooney reigned in the hi-jinks, says Woodley, as the production had a “family atmosphere” (her younger sister was played by then 10-year-old Amara Miller).

We didn’t get any big pranks but he is the wittiest man I’ve ever met.

“You can say something and within two seconds he has a hilarious retort. It’s just obscene the rate at which his mind operates.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Jan 2012, 16:22

It’s just obscene the rate at which his mind operates

fuf
darling
with that word
you were able to catch him and give us his real being
despite him being a lightning
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jan 2012, 16:54

I do enjoy those little cameo's of other's opinions of George when they've worked with him as they are obviously genuine observations and not rubbish speculative gossipy crap.

Thanks for posting them Katie.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:00

"He also taught me about being a better human being. He’s the most generous and grateful person I’ve ever met in my life and I got to learn kindness and gratitude and happiness and generosity.”
I liked this. It says a lot about George that I don't usually think of when I think about him.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:16

Ya know... George is not all that... We are not all that... I really do not like to see people getting all kinds of praise because it makes them "not real" in the end... OR they start believing it themselves. I know for a fact I am not all that and that's okay with me. I'm happy being who I am and I do not need people to make me feel worthy... Not that I don't think George is witty, etc. BUT he's far from perfect... the way they are trying to make him out to be. Do you know what I mean?
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:24

Yeah, I know what you mean, but co-stars aren't ever going to dish the dirt on him. Even the ones who really didn't like him (dirctor David O Russell for example) don't really have a lot to say.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:25

Yes, it's true Cinderella. Most people put George on a pedestal, whether their feeling are genuine or not. It's hard to believe any mortal can be as 'perfect' as he's described to be. Not only that but it's a long way to fall down from that pedestal. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:38

Katiedot wrote:
"He also taught me about being a better human being. He’s the most generous and grateful person I’ve ever met in my life and I got to learn kindness and gratitude and happiness and generosity.”
I liked this. It says a lot about George that I don't usually think of when I think about him.

He should teach more people in Hollywood those lessons. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Jan 2012, 17:41

okokok
not perfect
WE ALL PERFECTLY KNOW

no need to repeat
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 29 Jan 2012, 18:20

cindigirl wrote:Most people put George on a pedestal
Like I did. Had a very high opinion of him... until girlfriend/daughter no. 1, 2, 3 came

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Jan 2012, 18:33

well.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jan 2012, 18:58

The "rose coloured specs" that some "fans" look through at GTC get in the way.... but it's not the person that they are obsessed with who's at fault IMO.

Some truth about him is there if one is prepared to look for it.
But some aren't prepared to do that....maybe ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Jan 2012, 19:18

I know he's not perfect, but I love all his little IMperfections. That's what brings it home for me. And, he's kinda cute...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 29 Jan 2012, 20:01

“He also taught me about being a better human being. He’s the most generous and grateful person I’ve ever met in my life and I got to learn kindness and gratitude and happiness and generosity.”

IMVHO, George has all the qualities Shaliene stated. It has been said by so many people over the years, they can't all be making it up. I believe this is a very big part of his persona. This doesn't add up to perfection but far outweighs his imperfections. His pranks and raunchy wit are among the imperfections I'm sure he'd admit to.

I personally accept the imperfections as a part of his persona, but they are so far outweighed by those qualities of perfection. To me he is still the greatest and without those imperfections he would be so very dull and boring that he couldn't be the star that he is today and will hopefully be for a very long time. To me he is perfect in my mind.
10 out of 10
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jan 2012, 21:02

Those are good thoughts mel & pattygirl....who needs perfection ????
And what is it anyway ?
Wouldn't it be a boring world if he WAS perfect ?

I think his generous spirit shines through in many ways and one can turn a blind eye to many things, because of that. I feel anyway.

But, personally, I like his raunchy-ness etc etc. Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:32

melbert wrote:I know he's not perfect, but I love all his little IMperfections. That's what brings it home for me. And, he's kinda cute...
Same here. It's his imperfections that make him interesting and a real human being.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 30 Jan 2012, 14:53

It's his imperfections that make him George, and actually the George we all love, even if we don't admit it.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Jan 2012, 22:59

it's not a matter of perfection

also because a perfect one
needs another
perfect one pale

is it possible?

NOOOOT!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 30 Jan 2012, 23:23

"Generous" is the one word EVERYONE who knows him uses. Nice thing to be known for. Very Happy
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 30 Jan 2012, 23:49

There really is no such thing as perfection and people who think they are, are really a worry. George is imperfect and that is fine and it's much more interesting. George is described as a lot of things like everyone he has a temper and his bad points but so do we all. I would hate it if he had no personality.....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 31 Jan 2012, 00:08

my post?
erased?

anyway

his I love you is generous
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 31 Jan 2012, 00:18

The fact is he isn't perfect..as you all have note: how boring that would be. What drives me crazy is the people (read: GF's & entertainment reporters) who talk about him like he is....sometimes I want to gag....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down