George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll

5 posters

Go down

Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll Empty Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll

Post by Katiedot Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:42

Really? Much as I love Johnny Depp, I'd take George over him as a houseguest any day. Somehow you just know Depp would come with his out-of-control children whereas George would show with at least a bottle of wine and maybe flowers. Your thoughts?

From Film News

Depp, Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll

added: 12 Dec 2011 // by: newsdesk

Johnny Depp, George Clooney and Tom Hanks are the Hollywood movie stars that the nation would most like to invite over for Christmas, according to a poll carried out by the Sky Movies HD Christmas Channel.

Heart-throb Depp - star of The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and most recently The Rum Diary was ahead of the rest with 7.6% of votes, followed by silver fox George Clooney (5.2%) and flanked by family favourite Tom Hanks who came in third place with 4.9%.

Sky Movies HD carried out the poll of over 1,000 UK movie fans to highlight that everyday throughout December viewers can share their living rooms with all their favourite A-listers. Themed film box sets running each day means there is something for everyone, from comedies, musicals, action thrillers and of course Christmas favourites too.

Hot on the heels of the trio of actors was an eclectic mix of female stars led by renowned British actress Emma Thompson (Nanny McPhee & The Big Bang, Christmas favourite Love Actually), Jennifer Aniston (Bruce Almighty, Marley & Me) and Julia Roberts (Pretty Woman), who received 4.8%, 4.7% and 4.3% each.

Brit stars Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Paul) and rom-com favourite Hugh Grant (Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral) were named in seventh and eighth places after claiming 4% and 3.8% respectively, while The Holiday star Cameron Diaz and funny man Jim Carrey, who famously starred together in mid 90s hit The Mask completed the top ten list of ideal Christmas guests with 3.7% and 3.6% each.

Ian Lewis, Director of Sky Movies comments: “Christmas movies are now as much a tradition as turkey and tinsel, so the launch of our festive season of daily box sets was the perfect reason to find out who audiences really want to share their Christmas with this year. The guys led at the top of the league and while Hanks and Clooney would both undoubtedly light up anyone’s Christmas, Depp was the clear winner for UK film fans. He is this year’s ultimate Christmas cracker!”

The Top Ten Hollywood Christmas Guests are:

1. Johnny Depp 7.6%
2. George Clooney 5.2%
3. Tom Hanks 4.9%
4. Emma Thompson 4.8%
5. Jennifer Aniston 4.7%
6. Julia Roberts 4.3%
7. Simon Pegg 4%
8. Hugh Grant 3.8%
9. Cameron Diaz 3.7%
10. Jim Carrey 3.6%
(others = 53.4%)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll Empty Re: Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll

Post by sadDonkey Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:04

George is probably a great guest... no, the BEST guest: funny, entertaining and easy to be around. I like Johnny Depp too, but he is reserved and that's why I'd have to entertain him. Too demanding.
And with George, who knows *cough* the evening could end like this *cough* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]or [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] *cough*

no just kidding, not with me *cough*

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll Empty Re: Depp, George Clooney and Hanks named top Christmas guests in Sky Movies poll

Post by Cinderella Tue 13 Dec 2011, 01:34

George, would you like to come over for Christmas? lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Tue 13 Dec 2011, 05:04

Katiedot wrote:

Sky Movies HD carried out the poll of over 1,000 UK movie fans to highlight that everyday throughout December viewers can share their living rooms with all their favourite A-listers.

Let the 1,000 UK movie fans have Johnny Depp for Christmas. We will not argue with their choice. What do they know??? tongue
As long as we will have George with us we will be happy. Lots of happy Hoorah!

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 Dec 2011, 14:22

I'll send George over for the rest of you AFTER he opens his present from me on Christmas morning. IF he's not too tired that is!

Last edited by melbert on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:03; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Dec 2011, 14:37

No problem, you ladies can all go before me. Whoever gets him last can keep him, right? Right?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:03

lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:04

Wrong Katie! He knows that he HAS to come home to me. I'm just sharing him for the holidays to spread his good cheer!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:07

As long as that's all he's spreading!

Oh my, how off topic we've gone. Slapped wrists Katie!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:10

Ouch! I felt that!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down