George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center

+3
Cinderella
melbert
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center Empty George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:48

So, who's bidding?

From Look to the Stars

George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center

December 5, 2011

Celebrities spanning the worlds of politics, sports and entertainment have joined together for The Robert F. Kennedy Center's annual Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction.

Icons including Madeleine Albright and George Clooney have donated exclusive experiences and VIP access to raise funds for the organization’s integral human rights work. Bidding is currently live and runs through December 15th at leading charity auction site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Michael Moore, Martin Sheen, Mark Hamill and many more celebrities have donated exclusive experiences to raise funds for the 42-year-old organization dedicated to providing an ongoing base of support to human rights defenders around the world. Additional notable participants include: Jenna Fischer, George Clooney, Rosie Perez, Debra Messing, Bill Maher, Michael Lombardi, John Starks, Ray Romano, James Earl Jones, Chris Matthews, Marc Summers, Florence Henderson, Kate Mulgrew, Jay Leno, Joe Scarborough, Steve Case, Robert Wolf, Austan Goolsbee, Paul Volcker, Mort Zuckerman and Dr. Madeleine Albright, with more A-listers joining the auction each day.

“Through our annual auction, human rights advocates and pop culture fans around the world have a unique chance to bid on incredible gifts that give back with some of the world’s most notable figures,” said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. “Bidders support the RFK Center’s work aiding courageous human rights defenders around the world, including Frank Mugishha in Uganda, Abel Barrera Hernández in Mexico, Magodonga Mahlangu in Zimbabwe, and many more. Additionally, funds raised will help expand the Center’s Speak Truth to Power program, a multi-faceted global initiative that uses the experiences of courageous defenders from around the world to educate students and others about human rights, and urge them to take action.”

Auction highlights include:

•Enjoy Lunch with Michael Moore, Plus Take Home a Signed Copy of His Latest Book, Here Comes Trouble
•Lunch in Washington, D.C. with Steve Case, Chairman and CEO of Revolution, Co-Founder of America Online and Member of President Obama’s Jobs Council
•Learn from Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson with a Private Children’s Cooking Class at Red Rooster in Harlem
•Attend the Ultimate Financial Lunch with Robert Wolf, Austan Goolsbee, Paul Volcker and Mort Zuckerman
•Meet Former Secretary of State, Dr. Madeleine Albright After a Class at Georgetown University
•Meet Jenna Fischer on the Set of The Office and Watch an Episode Being Filmed
•Join Activist and Actor Martin Sheen at an Exclusive Lunch
•Be a Smash Hit with Your Own Walk-On Role on the New NBC Show, Smash, Starring Debra Messing
•Meet Bill Maher at a Taping of Real Time with Bill Maher
•Have Lunch with Michael Lombardi on the Set of Inside the NFL and Meet the His Fellow Anchors
•Enjoy Lunch with Mark Hamill, a.k.a. Luke Skywalker, in Los Angeles
•Join Sam Waterston for Dinner at Candle 79 Restaurant in NYC
•Enjoy Lunch with the Star of Star Trek: Voyager, Kate Mulgrew, aka Captain Janeway, in NYC
Stay Warm with George Clooney’s Signed Jacket Worn in Michael Clayton
•Meet James Earl Jones Backstage After a Performance in The Best Man on Broadway
•Enjoy a Walk-On Role on USA’s Hit New Show, Suits Taped in Toronto or Manhattan
•Meet Bill Maher at a Taping of Real Time with Bill Maher in Los Angeles
•Play Golf with Knicks Legend John Starks at Fairview Country Club in Greenwich, CT
•Meet Chris Matthews on the Set of Hardball in Washington, D.C.
•Make Your Debut with a Walk-On Role on Investigation Discovery’s Hit Show, I (Almost) Got Away With It
•NBC Correspondent Luke Russert will lead You on a Tour of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C
•Better Than a Cup of Joe, Visit the Set of MSNBC’s Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough, Mika and Willie Geist
•Nine signed, limited edition archival photographs of Robert F. Kennedy and the Kennedy family taken by Harry Benson
•One signed, limited edition archival photograph of Al Gore taken by Harry Benson
•and many more!
“Charitybuzz is proud to be the official charity auction partner for the RFK Center’s annual Holiday Auction for the 5th year in a row, working hand in hand with the organization to raise funds for their incredible work aiding human rights defenders,” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz. “This holiday season, we encourage our socially conscious community to make a bid to give.”

This is the fifth annual holiday auction in partnership with charitybuzz for the RFK Center. The organization’s 2010 charitybuzz holiday auction raised a record amount for vital human rights work. Support the RFK Center now by clicking here, and bid to give.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center Empty Re: George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center

Post by melbert Wed 07 Dec 2011, 02:36

I want that jacket with HIM in it!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center Empty Re: George Clooney's Signed Jacket Up For Auction To Benefit RFK Center

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Dec 2011, 04:04

LOL! I think that might be extra!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 07 Dec 2011, 15:50

If someone could get a hold of that jacket, we might know what George smells like! Come on, Melbert, do some bidding!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 07 Dec 2011, 17:21

I want that jacket with HIM in it!!!

I want George's B-Day suit with him in it. ROTFLOL!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:23

LOL !!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Dec 2011, 02:51

OK, George in his birthday suit just wearing the jacket! No Christmas for the kids - this Christmas is all about me getting that jacket!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 02:52

If they really love you, the kids'll understand, Mel!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Dec 2011, 02:53

My son just rolls his eyes, but my granddaughter has named her pillow buddy George!!! Girl after my own heart!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 03:21

Mel you should get HIM and the jacket for free. Just show them the number of your posts about G. on COH and you are the winner. Hoorah!

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Dec 2011, 03:24

And with all of you helping me get there!!! cheers Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 08 Dec 2011, 17:33

Melbert should get the jacket for free, since she could use her number of posts just like grocery store stamps (fill up a book with stamps and get a prize for free). Kinda showing my age, here, LOL.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 09 Dec 2011, 02:08

Well then MM, you've shown my age too. My mom had us sitting at the table filling up those damn books!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 Dec 2011, 05:17

Hah! They still do that in Hong Kong. Every time you go to a supermarket you get stamps that you can collect to win stuff like cutlery or cookware of other things.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Sun 11 Dec 2011, 13:48

That is quite a line up of items to bid on. I know George's jacket is seen as a MUST BID/MUST WIN item but others are just as intriguing. Wide variety of types of people and experiences.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 12 Dec 2011, 16:53

melbert wrote:Well then MM, you've shown my age too. My mom had us sitting at the table filling up those damn books!!!!

Yep, my mom did that too. We bought alot of stuff with those stamp books.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down