George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is George Clooney really worth it? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George Clooney really worth it?

+6
MM
Pari
lucy
Dexterdidit
zizi
lolo"layla"
10 posters

Go down

Is George Clooney really worth it? Empty Is George Clooney really worth it?

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 09 Nov 2011, 04:14

I would have given my cheesecake of the month membership AND my "Degrassi Junior High" DVD collection to write about Kim Kardashian this week, but another columnist already called dibs, so I had to move on to someone equally annoying.

However, I couldn't think of anyone else that I thought should be euthanized. Then, for no apparent reason, George Clooney popped into my head.

Basing this purely on his public persona, I will say I love George. Conversely, I would never want to date George. I'm sure he's not losing sleep over this. However, his new girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, should be losing sleep over dating the world's most famous serial killer of dreams.

One of Stacy's pals was quoted as saying, "She's just having fun. She's not sure where it's going." Stace, let me tell you exactly where this is going. This is not to say every girl wants to get married and have babies and that I think any girl who isn't promised those things in a relationship should get out. I'm saying history has shown this probably will lead to a breakup. Is he really worth the inevitable heartbreak?

You're going to spend the better part of 2012 vacationing at Lake Cuomo and attending premiere parties that would never be on your C+ celebrity status radar. But right about this time next year when old Georgey Porgey sees you're getting a bit too chummy with Luciana Damon, Matt's wife, and he starts hearing the two of you engage in one too many discussions about potential child rearing, he's going to start distancing himself. He'll begin going to events without you and eventually become so wrapped up in his next political, charitable or film project, that you will be, well, dumped.

And it'll be bad. Not only are you going to be heartbroken to the depths you have never known, your dad's gonna hate you. Never again will he find a more worthy potential son-in-law whom he can consider a best friend. Your friends who have always been less attractive and considered you the girl in their group who could always "get any guy she wanted" will be secretly happy that statement will no longer be true.

And the next girl George picks out of obscurity and thrusts into the limelight will be thrown in your face day in and day out as he walks them down the red carpet for his movie premiere where he plays a man saving the world and he talks to reporters about his documentary where he's saving the world as he's running for president of ... the world.

Good luck look trying to turn a blind eye to the spectacle as you're introducing your parents to your new boyfriend, Tim. From Cleveland. Who works for Pfizer. Incidentally, Pfizer makes drugs for men who want to be just like George Clooney. Yeah. He's everywhere.

Why try heroin just once? I suggest sticking with good old-fashioned dirty martinis and keeping celebrity crushes to realistic goals like Steve Guttenberg. A girl can dream.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney really worth it? Empty Re: Is George Clooney really worth it?

Post by zizi Wed 09 Nov 2011, 04:35

Thanks Lolo, is really worth it to read your post. cheers

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 09 Nov 2011, 05:24

I hope Stacy reads this! She better stick to the fun and casual cause I don't even think she is going to make it to Lake Como next summer. It does show that people have noticed and what a joke George's lovelife has become. Stacy doesn't help things she wants to be a stay at home mum don't forget and we all know it won't be with George. Still she is making money out of him just like the rest she just does it with a smile.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 09 Nov 2011, 07:33

u r welcome zizi and thanks back to you .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 09 Nov 2011, 15:54

Thanks lolo, that was a good read, and dex your right someone should tweet SK the part about "where is this going" he's a lucky man cause there is always gonna be some young thing that will be doing back flips to date him.
P.S. lolo love your comments, I never use the -, it's probably good the site has + and - good way to keep disagreements turning ugly.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 19:06

"Is George Clooney really worth it?"

Wonder who that is ... George or Brand George Clooney???
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 09 Nov 2011, 20:04

Cute dog, Pari
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 10 Nov 2011, 18:29

He is a little puppy MM Smile About a little less than a double palm Smile YUP!!! Real cute sweetypie!!! Smile He'd look like a wise wizard one minute... and an innocent carefree goofball the next Smile BUT he wanted to get out of that place... he did everything to let me know just that... and was most terribly annoyed when I continued taking pictures like I was papping him Very Happy HA HA HAHAHHAHAHH HA HAHHAAAAA
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 10 Nov 2011, 22:23

u r very welcome lucy .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 10 Nov 2011, 23:18

Pari wrote:He is a little puppy MM Smile About a little less than a double palm Smile YUP!!! Real cute sweetypie!!! Smile He'd look like a wise wizard one minute... and an innocent carefree goofball the next Smile BUT he wanted to get out of that place... he did everything to let me know just that... and was most terribly annoyed when I continued taking pictures like I was papping him Very Happy HA HA HAHAHHAHAHH HA HAHHAAAAA

where is he now?
at your home
I hope
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 11 Nov 2011, 14:40

Oh... I thought you were talking about George lol! No... he's at my house. geek
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 11 Nov 2011, 20:12

Ha ha haha ha ha Cinderella Smile Make sure he has aches and pains NO MORE!!! You know, put a mighty FULL STOP to it!!! Smile We shall send you all the balms / medication whatever, if you need them Very Happy

NO It's me... he is being grown into a Church dog... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 12 Nov 2011, 00:46

What did you name him?
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 13 Nov 2011, 15:16

I would have named him "Moti" (pronounced Mothi, meaning pearl) or "Ratan" (pronounced Rathan, meaning precious jewel / precious gem)... BUT... he belongs to another Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 Nov 2011, 23:21

oh...
well, lucky owner!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 14 Nov 2011, 04:18

This is an article I saw in June appeared in Chicago Woman Magazine I thought it fit this thread.

Why Won't George Clooney Commit?

Mr. Clooney is a handsome bachelor and successful movie star with the taste and aplomb to have his get-away home in one of the most beautiful parts of Italy, near Lake Como. He seems to genuinely like people and care about the less fortunate, and has the grace to appear both daring and humble in pursuit of good causes.

Then why have a succession of beautiful women – some with substantial accomplishments of their own – not believed him when he says he will never marry again?

The George Clooney relationship puzzle clearly illustrates a common difference between men and women: women think that they can change men, while men know they can’t. As they frequently assume the nurturer role in a relationship, women often think it is possible to persuade someone who loves them to fundamentally alter their character or habits.

In my practice as a family attorney, my heart aches for those women clients who long hoped that once a man really loves them, he would either marry them, want to have a child with them, stop traveling for a living or otherwise make the fundamental character and lifestyle changes women so often desire.

In every instance, the men themselves had adamantly stated or at least indicated that those behavior changes were highly unlikely. Obviously, once these women have reached the stage where they are consulting with our firm, they have finally accepted the fact that the men they loved were not going to change – that they are not going to turn the Titanic, so to speak.

They are a little bitter, very sad and angry at themselves as well as the man “who done them so wrong.” They are disappointed by the way their lives turned out.

The lesson here is a simple but important one: Believe adults when they tell you that they will never marry or marry again. Trust them when they say they do not – do not – want children or a traditional married life. They know what they are saying, and they know themselves. If and when they change, it will be because of timing in their own life and will have little to do with a woman at hand. Believe in yourself enough to know that the choice is yours. Either accept and enjoy the relationship with its presenting limitations, or move on.

For the next woman in Mr. Clooney’s life – and you know who you are (probably in your early to mid-30s, brunette, slim, attractive, with a little wildness in your aura) – know that you can either enjoy the glamorous and heady ride, which will last about two years, or decide not to fly up in the rarefied air with him.

To tell yourself there is any other option is to set yourself up for the inevitable crash.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 Nov 2011, 08:03

interesting
thanks

but I would like to add that this maturity often comes with age only
younger women still think they can
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 15 Nov 2011, 17:26

The answer to this question...

Twisted Evil
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 15 Nov 2011, 18:25

Women do not waste time thinking about and let me George. I do not have time to think about this question I must think of him.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down