George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney urged to run for president EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney urged to run for president

+13
Pari
lovelylois
LornaDoone
NotAvailable
melbert
pattygirl
cindigirl
zizi
it's me
sarah ali
dakota007
sadDonkey
lolo"layla"
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney urged to run for president Empty George Clooney urged to run for president

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 04 Nov 2011, 17:30

George Clooney's father thinks the Hollywood star would make a great US president.

Although 'The Ides of March' actor has previously ruled out running for the top job in American politics, his father Nick - who failed in his own attempt to be elected to Kentucky's 4th Congressional District in 2004 - wishes his son would change his mind because he thinks he would be a "great public servant".

Speaking on 'The John Murray Show' on Ireland's RTE Radio One, Nick said: "I don't know whether [George] will even run for president. I know he closely followed my race for the US House of Representatives in Kentucky but he didn't like what he saw. He understands compromise but I don't think he's comfortable with the level of compromise involved in politics. My guess is he will not run for elective office although I do hope I'm wrong as I think he would make a great public servant.

Nick - who has had a successful career as a journalist - also revealed he doesn't mind being referred to as George's father because he is used to having a famous sister, the singer Rosemary Clooney.

The 77 year old said: "I don't mind being referred to as George's Dad, I had plenty of training, I was known as Rosemary's brother for a long time before this."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney urged to run for president Empty Re: George Clooney urged to run for president

Post by sadDonkey Fri 04 Nov 2011, 19:43

GeorgeĀ“s look + FatherĀ“s character = perfect man

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

George Clooney urged to run for president Empty Re: George Clooney urged to run for president

Post by dakota007 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 20:08

oh SD don't upset G!!! lol..they are nice people realy.
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Fri 04 Nov 2011, 21:23

well said saddonkey Very Happy
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:08

sadDonkey wrote:
GeorgeĀ“s look + FatherĀ“s character = perfect man

as normality
perfection doesn't exist
IMO

despite some bad choices (...)
GeorgeĀ“s look + GeorgeĀ“s character are really important to me
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:31

it's me wrote:
as normality
perfection doesn't exist
IMO
You are right, itĀ“s me.
If he would have (in addition to his character) his fatherĀ“s pride, dignity, integrity, loyalty George would be very close to perfect (for me Wink )

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:36

pride, dignity, integrity, loyalty

hasn't he them too?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:41

NO!
And if, then I canĀ“t see it. LOL

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:43

@ SD: probably for most of us Smile

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 05 Nov 2011, 03:40

no for me he have a handful of everything he's lucky guy !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Nov 2011, 13:08

anyway it's difficult to answer to such statement
what G would answer to that?

this can be shocking both ways
is this a proud or a unsatisfied father?

I don't know
so both can be IMO

do you have any (more) idea?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sat 05 Nov 2011, 15:42

it's me wrote:what G would answer to that?
I would be grateful for an explanation. Then we would know whatĀ“s going on in his head and would understand.
I guess he knows, heĀ“s not perfect. I didnĀ“t know that until recently. For me George Clooney was (like Shailene said) Superhuman...the one who once was David vs. Goliath (Iraq war, Fox news..). I still admire his honesty, courage and many more things.. BUT After the insight in his private life, which he protects (cough).. he is just human (without the super)
itĀ“s me: I take life too seriously, so donĀ“t take me too seriously Wink

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 15:58

Hi SD - I understand he likes playing a part as an actor rather than the serious business of politics - and until we see him frolicking (or living with) Stacy on his weekends I wouldn't take the Stacy relationship too seriously. If we do see that then I think it would just be easier to accept it as it is.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 16:16

you keep thinking that all this "publicity" stuff is his private life. Well, it's not. Publicity is just that. We aren't going to see his private life, if he can help it. We see them, SK, EC, etc. and it is public. He may deny somethings that are ridiculous, i.e. the crab story, but doesn't get into the "he said, she said" type of story, which is his private life i.e. father-daughter story. He'll sit back and let her make a fool of herself with a tale like that,whih he is doing. Those important to him, family and real friends, know what is true and keep their mouths shut. What and who he cares about, he keeps close to his vest. Why should we worry about what he doesn't seem to?
Laughing
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Nov 2011, 16:25

Well said PattyGirl!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Nov 2011, 16:26

I worry

A LOT

He'll sit back and let her make a fool of herself with a tale like that,whih he is doing.

whih che?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Nov 2011, 16:57

it's me wrote:I worry

A LOT

He'll sit back and let her make a fool of herself with a tale like that,whih he is doing.

whih che?
just a slight typo It's Me. I believe she meant "which he is doing"
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Nov 2011, 17:04

ohhhhhh
thankssss
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat 05 Nov 2011, 19:09

SD wrote:
/ Quote/ I would be grateful for an explanation. Then we would know whatĀ“s going on in his head and would understand./Unquote/

I don't think we will get one. To me he is the man who lives (most of the time) by the saying 'Never Complain, Never Explain'.
You are right, his personal life lately is very disappointing to majority of his fans. I didn't like Eli, thought next one will be better. Now SK... IMO is not any improvement, her behaviour is weird. If they are in serious relationship, we don't know how she will act when it will be over. What she is capable of. Pride, dignity, integrity which people had admired in his character will slowly but surly disappear in the public opinion. Some of his fans will say again "nobody got hurt, they knew what they are doing, etc."", but I' m not sure if he really knows how it effects his public image. Or maybe he just doesn't care. You are saying that you take life too seriously...,I think you have very high standards, which are admirable. And you are not blind to recognize his faults and mistakes. A lot of us do the same. We just express them differently. Give Flowers

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 19:53

he is doing these things for a long while now and i think he is gaining respect not losing it since let's say ten years ago maybe?? i think when we talk about him here we talk in every detail and every small thing in his life to the point that some of us think they realy know him very well which is not true, other people who met him, who worked with him ,who lived with him long time have nothing but great things to say about him. i don't think those ALL will lie about it. I have always said that if he was disrespectful to women they wouldn't ask him to marry them, and dating a girl who has no hope for seriuse relationship and telling them the truth as way better than marry them then cheat on them.JMHO.
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Nov 2011, 20:07

we don't know him
and what is in his hard head

noway
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 05 Nov 2011, 22:22

Well in my honest opinion, I think the publicity stuff is more for his PR and sometimes to help them too as a trade off for their PR help. He has said several times in dif articles that he has to do the "sex thing" to promote his product and Actor image. He actually doesn't really like it. Thats why he had to find a way to trade off some of the terrible feeling that came with it. His activism in Africa. The point is, it isn't something he enjoys doing. And if you look closely at some of the pics, you can see that in his eyes. The hired girls do know pretty much where he stands and what they are really doing. he isn't going to do that with them without them fully understanding. Thats why she doesn't care to use the publicity to further her own interests. The stories are mostly per-arranged PR slop with the mags and news hogs. Its all papped. His real life, you won't hear about as he never intended it to become part of the deal. But you will hear all sorts of stories. I read lots of the articles and thats what I get from most of them and the pics. Laughing
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 23:06

so you think he has a secret one??
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 23:19

Joanie, I coudn't agree with you more. His PR life is not his private life.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:15

Well as much as I love Nick I think he's finally gone senile. Seriously, has his father forgotten all that has been written about George? Has he forgotten all of the interviews where George states he's fucked too many women and done too many drugs?

Cain's indiscretions years ago have now come back to kick him in the ass. (Not to mention his association with the Koch brothers being a real hindrance and the reason I'd never vote for him IMO) George's past indiscretions would come back and eat him alive if he ever decided to run for President.

Besides - Georgie Porgie dropped out of college - he doesn't have the legal knowledge base to attempt it and be any good at it. And unless he's got a script in front of him - he pauses too much when he's speaking. You have to be a damn good orator and diplomat to really be good at the Presidency. Of course in some instances that could be changed to "being a good bullshitter "- Clinton had that one down pat.

Look at the current crop of Republican wannabees. That Michele gal - has shown how truly uneducated she is in just general subjects - and she actually thinks she could lead a country when she doesn't even know the basics of geography and the current political situation let alone not having the legal background needed? When McCain selected Palin - he also showed how truly stupid he is. His Presidential aspirations are dead.

Perry/Romney - aren't they just the same person in different bodies?

And don't get me started on "The Tea Party" a bunch of crybaby's who think that no taxes means we'll be better off. Oh, duh, Cain's 9-9-9 plan is like manna from heaven for people like the Koch Brothers and will the death knell for millions of senior Americans who rely on SS & medicare. Funny how people think someone ELSE will be affected by that - not "them."

Okay, let's do a 9-9-9 tax plan. 47% of the country doesn't pay taxes. Well that's because they don't earn enough money to pay taxes and buy food!

And what about the notion that "well they should just stop being lazy and get a job?" Well that would be great if there were any jobs to get. Sure there are deadbeats out there - but there are also a lot of people who couldn't work even if there were jobs available.

Let's put em all to work. Okay, let's get that mentally unstable homeless guy - maybe a Vet with untreated PTSD - and let's put him in the machine shop next to your husband or brother and let's give him tools that could seriously hurt someone - and see how that plan works out.

People don't think things through - they just see someone telling them what the want to hear and hope that other person will solve their problems.

If Nick thinks George would be good at service - well that's nice - but maybe he should just stick to what he's doing and leave the actual running of the country to people who have more education and less personal baggage to start.

SSDD

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:27

Lorna!

Not worthy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 06 Nov 2011, 14:46

For me it is the whole package. I would not vote for George for president. Because I don't want Stacy or some of his past girlfriends to be the first lady of the U.S. Stacy or El or Sl being first lady is a scary Halloween thought. When I get up in the morning I want to be proud of who represents me to the rest of the world and know they have the smarts to try to fix things.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 15:24

sorry to coming in with an extended leg (entrare a gamba tesa, aggressively)
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve
(I fear it's the opposite)
but I want to remember
to all
that to be chief of this office today still means to be
THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WHOLE WORD

that ain't peanuts

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 06 Nov 2011, 15:42

Lorna, George couldn't have said it better. While every father in America would love for his son to become President, it's just one of those "American Dreams".
Yes, LL, I'd love to wake up each and every day to have a President of whom I can be proud.
IM, as much as I love George, he doesn't deserve to be President, and he doesn't deserve, either, the animosity and hatred that being the "most powerful man in the whole world" either. We all know of his "indescretions", but they would be told and retold, and magnified ad infinitum.
To the people of the US, the President, in order to be respected, really respected, has to be above reproach and his slate clean.
In this day of instant news, radio, TV, Web, internet, there is nothing about him that can not be made public knowledge within hours of it's happening. Do you think JFK would have commanded the respect he did if the Internet and Web were available? The paps would have had his every indiscretion flying over the web in minutes. Clinton would have looked like a piker next to him. Clinton was never respected by the "people" (don't know how he got elected) and is still not respected or trusted today. Why would George want that lifestyle, huh? He wouldn't and doesn't. Look at how his fans on just COH criticize his dating taste when he's just a movie star.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 17:06

thanks Patty
I agree with your post
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 06 Nov 2011, 18:12

But IF being "President of the USA" was part of George's "destiny" ??? Smile WHO knows??? Very Happy

The more "practical" we get about the "perfect plans for our lives" ... the more boundaries we draw around us... It is like making a cane basket and CLOSING our life inside it!!! Destiny is a completely different level / realm --- many layers deep but that much more extensive... goes much further than what we can see of anything or anybody...

Perhaps... saying "Oh NO WAY will you be!!" kind of allows for George to be happy in the "plans that people choose FOR him"... or "plans that he makes and even possibly believes he can control"... Hmmm... time will tell...

May be Mr. Nick Clooney knows a George that NONE OF US really do... Smile Kudos to the hope he has in his son!! [Thulp you George for working so hard and trying to break it! ;-)]
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 18:29

nice little puppy pic
Pari! I love you

so
are u saying he could make us some.... SURPRISE?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 06 Nov 2011, 18:38

Isn't he It's me??? I was so happy seeing him at a place I visited on Saturday... and started taking pictures... What surprised me among other things, were his eyes... Not visible in that tiny picture... but in almost everyone of the little set I have of him, there seems so much resemblance to George's eyes!!! OUCH!!! Honest... I wondered if I really knew photoshopping or some such thing you know HA HA HA AHAAAA Very Happy

NO... I don't know of any "surprise" It's me... I just believe that our good God can turn out any number of GRAND surprises out of anyone... anytime... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:38

Pari wrote:But IF being "President of the USA" was part of George's "destiny" ??? Smile WHO knows??? Very Happy

Pari, if it was George's destiny to be President of the United States then he seriously fucked that up as soon as he dated his first but not last porn star and snorted his first line of coke. Dating women who have volumes of skanky pictures of themselves available on the internet is just icing on the "ain't no way the holier than thou citizens of this United States are going to vote for him" cake.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:39

Pattygirl I agree with you too that Kennedy would have never been elected had the internet been available in the sixties.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:43

it's me wrote:Lorna!

Not worthy

It's me - thanks!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:57

You don't need to be elected at all, you just have to be heard. So if he uses his brain to the fullest, he can make a difference, just by using the media.

Belgian politicians are just a bunch of familyclans and basically their contribution is ... ZIP. Next step in the familycareer is going to Europe.
Look at the Eurozonecrises, they knew all along the Greeks didn't do anything about the corruption, all those years European politicians did nothing to correct the situation.

And our local Flemish politicians are going to give a substantial payrise to all the public servants while taxes are about to go up. I mean ... what a joke ! People aren't going to take this kind of shit no longer.

So why should G.C. get into that kind of political mess ! Best to stay out ! Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:50

Pari wrote:Isn't he It's me??? I was so happy seeing him at a place I visited on Saturday... and started taking pictures... What surprised me among other things, were his eyes... Not visible in that tiny picture... but in almost everyone of the little set I have of him, there seems so much resemblance to George's eyes!!! OUCH!!! Honest... I wondered if I really knew photoshopping or some such thing you know HA HA HA AHAAAA Very Happy

NO... I don't know of any "surprise" It's me... I just believe that our good God can turn out any number of GRAND surprises out of anyone... anytime... Smile

quel cucciolotto ĆØ STUPPPPPENDOOOOOOO! I love you Very Happy I love you

our good George?
yep
a crazy one cyclops
we already know!

IMO
better out
of the mess

(don't talk about those lines
it hurts...)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:56

wait
wot is Thulp Pari?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:39

I hope that George never makes the mistake to run for President because the massacre with his past I hope you will continue to do what we can do better: the actor and director and that his future will be able to make that "Movie "that will be remembered in film history ...... why did not yet but I believe it is in its ability
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Nov 2011, 22:30

IMO he already made that "Movie"

GNGL

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 06 Nov 2011, 23:14

George is very aware of all the reasons not to run for President. I'm sure a lot of dads have the dream their son could be President one day. It doesn't like it's Georges though!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 07 Nov 2011, 00:50

Lorna and PattyGirl! RIGHT ON girlfriends!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:42

@ zizi : Give Flowers

@ LornaDoone & Pattygirl : thank you. very interesting posts

@ Pari : everytime I read your posts I think of joss sticks, tantra, mantra, esoteric music and you living in a commune. You seem to be at peace with the world and yourself. I love you

@ Atalante: still 404 government not found ? Wink

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:49

[quote="it's me"] IMO he already made that "Movie"

GNGL

[/quote
]Can do better, GNGL is a true story masterpieces are the product of imagination and genius of the director!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:37

the product of imagination and genius of the director!

hmmm
how/when can he find money for such project? I dunno

hard time
our time
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:58

Sad Donkey, we have a would be prime minister with ... tatatataaaa ... Italian roots. So he starts his meetings in the ... afternoons. What's the hurry ? lol!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 07 Nov 2011, 15:26

lol.
Finally. Congrats. cheers

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 19:43

Oooops is this discussion closed? Wondering... Smile

NO Lorna... I am not debating anyone here at all Smile Too feeble on George-IQ Very Happy Sorry folks... What we have SO FAR, is what we have seen... My take is that there could be a George we have NEVER REALLY seen... Me the dunno I guess Surrender

Thank you Sad Donkey Smile Kind of you indeed Smile NO... I am no tantrik mantrik joss stick... (OUCH!!! couldn't help that... ha ha hahahhahaa... just funning, I hope ok) Just a simple wanderer my dear... wondering wandering and wondering all over again Very Happy Yes, true... in peace and love though Very Happy

Just answering... not re-opening the closed case I hope Give Flowers
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Nov 2011, 21:34

wondering wandering and wondering all over again

yep

and a George we have NEVER REALLY seen?

hmm.... scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next