George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films Empty George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 Sep 2011, 16:23

It's from Fox so who knows how true this is!

From Fox 'news'

George Clooney Wants Newt Gingrich to Star in an Upcoming Film

By Hollie McKay

Published September 29, 2011

Newt Gingrich served as the 58th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and is currently pursuing the Republican nomination for President of the United States

But George Clooney wants to make him a star.

“I'd like to get Newt Gingrich into a film. I don't know (what role he would play) but I'd just like to see him in a film. I think he'd be fun,” Clooney told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column at the Los Angeles premiere of his forthcoming political thriller “Ides of March,” which he co-wrote and directed.

Clooney also had some strong, albeit tongue-in-cheek, ideas over which of his showbiz counterparts could make a smooth transition into politics.

“I would always vote for Morgan Freeman. Just hear him talk, you vote for him. I'd also vote for Matt Damon just because I'd make him have to live in the White House and that would be fun. Matt would be good,” he continued. “He's smart and he was the ‘Bourne’ guy so at the end of the day he might kick your ass."

"Ides of March" is bound to get tongues wagging when it hits theaters on October 7, as it takes place during the fraught final days before a neck and neck Ohio presidential primary, when an ambitious and morally tormented campaign press secretary (Ryan Gosling) finds himself embroiled in a political scandal that threatens to destroy his candidate, Gov. Morris (played by Clooney).

And while Clooney is generally welcomed with open arms in prominent Democratic circles, and publicly endorsed Obama for President in 2008, he relished the opportunity to play a Democrat doing “dumb” things in "Ides," and isn’t concerned whether the film appeals to either side of the political spectrum.

"I'm not really worried about the political spectrum because it wasn't designed to be a film about politics. It was designed to be a film about morals and it was designed to be a film about decision making and questionable decision making along the way, so I wasn't really worried about it dealing with one side or the other,” Clooney explained. “That's why I can make him a Democrat and make him do some dumb things along so I get to do a little bit of both. You get to hit both sides a little bit."

The A-list star’s name is also regularly thrown around as a high-profile person people want to see run for office, but there is at least one Hollywood veteran who definitely doesn’t want to see Mr. Clooney trade Tinseltown for Capitol Hill.

“George should not run for office, absolutely not. He should stay an actor and a producer and do what he does well. He’s not equipped to be President of the United States,” added actress/director Dyan Cannon, former wife of the late Cary Grant. “He looks good, and he is smart… but I’m for Jack Black. He would just make us laugh. Jack Black for President.”

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films Empty Re: George Clooney wants Newt Gringrich to star in one of his films

Post by LornaDoone Sat 01 Oct 2011, 04:34

Or maybe given that it was Fox that was interviewing him, maybe he was having a little fun at their expense?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down