George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+46
anon.4
dakota007
madsky
maria4
LornaDoone
Lella_la_bella
m4rose
dolcevita
zizi
noodle
sadDonkey
Dior
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Natascha
Charley
Casey
it's me
fadelite
Lighterside
elymania
annemarie
lolo"layla"
Cinderella
blubelle
janieb
Katiedot
doris day
davidarochelle
watching
pandabear
Henway
lovelylois
lucy
MyGirlKylie
Atalante
sandwiches
MM
cindigirl
pattygirl
lelacorb
socimar
bellybaby
melbert
Dexterdidit
sisieq
Ello
50 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 18:30

At least one of the rats is with her in LA:

JustElisabetta 3 hours 37 mins ago Twitter Somebody just doesn' t care about makeup!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by socimar Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:53

It's got to Piero, the male dog. Mia, the female dog would have probably put on at least some rouge.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 22 Oct 2011, 01:35

LOL Socimar. Both are with her we have seen her taking them shopping. Maybe the powder isn't their colour?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 01:58

Katiedot wrote:At least one of the rats is with her in LA:

JustElisabetta 3 hours 37 mins ago Twitter Somebody just doesn' t care about makeup!!

Katie, it just does not sound/seem right calling it a rat when you have an avatar of george laughing... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:40

Betty at the GLSEN Respect Awards. That DWTS association is really helping her get out and about. They were honouring Chaz Bono. In the nicest possible way of saying it (as I don't like to make negative comments on physical appearance), she has become one of those Hollywood lollipop women. You know, when the head looks too big for her stick body.

Link to arrivals photos

Although, Chaz seemed to miss that she was there in support even though Betty tweeted a pic of them posing together. This is the only tweet he has made about the event (just so no-one thinks I am excluding her intentionally). Chaz not impressed?

ChazBonoChaz Bono
@RickiLake @knowjr @hopesolo @carsonkressley @NancyGraceHLN Thanks so much for supporting me at the GLSEN respect awards. Luv u guys! #DWTS
5 hours ago

Of course Betty tweeted.
@glsen a GREAT Jamie Lee Curtis gave the final speech! So proud to be here tonight
6 hours ago
Yes yes ...it s fabolous! The party is great and my spelling sucks
9 hours ago
Here we r!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9 hours ago
@ChazBono@TeamValisabetta thank u for letting me take part to this great event@Glsen #respectLA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9 hours ago
@TeamValisabetta [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
10 hours ago
Getting ready to attend the GLSEN event honoring @ChazBono
13 hours ago

Addition - Mailonline write up.

Bringing sexy back! Elisabetta Canalis shows George Clooney what he's missing in racy backless dress
Last updated at 11:50 PM on 22nd October 2011

She is no longer wearing those skimpy costumes on Dancing with the Stars, but Elisabetta Canalis still managed to flaunt her amazing body at a gala last night in Beverly Hills. The former DWTS contestant stepped out in a backless black dress and black stilettos for the 7th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Perhaps she chose the sexy and daring look to show her ex George Clooney exactly what he is missing. The pair split up in June of this year ending their two year relationship.

But George has since moved on and was pictured earlier this week in London with current lady love Stacy Keibler at the première of his new movie The Descendants. George, 50, couldn't keep his eyes off his beautiful 31-year-old partner as he gazed at her on the red carpet.

The blonde looked stunning in a dress, which highlighted her curves, as she posed on the red carpet for the screening, held as part of the BFI London Film Festival. While a smitten George and his new lady love attend A-list events around the glove, Elisabetta is clearly trying to get on with her life.

The Italian actress and television personality attended the event in Beverly Hills to show her support for fellow Dancing with the Star's contestant Chaz Bono who received an award. The Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network honoured Chaz and others at the seventh annual 2011 Respect Awards. The awards are meant single out individuals and corporations that have made significant advances in areas like diversity and inclusion. Chaz, a LGBT activist and author, legally became a man last year after gender-reassignment surgery.

He is the first transgender contestant to ever appear on DWTS. Fellow celebrity dancers Ricki Lake, Hope Solo, Nancy Grace, Carson Kressley and J.R. Martinez also attended. David Arquette made sure to attend the event as well.

Chaz was so proud of the award and the support that he received from his DWTS colleagues that he took to Twitter to show his gratitude. He tweeted: '@RickiLake @knowjr @hopesolo @carsonkressley @NancyGraceHLN Thanks so much for supporting me at the GLSEN respect awards. Luv u guys! #DWTS.'
Curiously, Chaz failed to mention Elisabetta who got all glammed up to offer her support.

Link

Is someone at Mailonline reading here?

Last edited by watching on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 09:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of Mailonline article)
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:43

In regard to Chaz's tweets, Watching, all of them that he tweeted thanks to are still active participants on the show.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 23 Oct 2011, 00:19

Getty pics, still can't get over betta smiling all the time. Why the h-ll didn't she do that the past two years? She would of left a better impression.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 23 Oct 2011, 00:31

LUCY. MAYBE IT WAS NOT HAPPY, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 23 Oct 2011, 01:17

Bette seems to have gotten happier now she isn't with George. Maybe cause she is getting all the attention? She always seemed happy without George around even when they were supposed to be together. Glad for Chaz! Eli looks good I like the sparkly skirt.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 23 Oct 2011, 06:44

Maybe she found being around George in public situations stressful? George always looks tense when he's in public with a girlfriend no matter which woman he's dating. Perhaps that rubned off on her?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 23 Oct 2011, 08:17

Another Prada handbag. And her fly is undone. So this is basically what her life appears to be (at least what we see from when she gets papped) - she shops, she parties, she works out, goes out to dinner every night of the week. At least when she starts back into DWTS practice for the finale, she will have something a bit more substance to her days. Val is not back in LA until mid Nov so the store opening has been pushed back?? Better open soon to try and lure in Xmas shoppers. Betty use to be a bit interesting (in that what will happen when she is trying to make it in LA as a single gal with her desperation to be famous without having to actually do any work) but it has gotten so same old, same old.

Latest instalment of the Betty show: surprise - more shopping. Pics from Thurs. Clearly no great demand for same day release of pics of her.

Elisabetta Canalis Shops at Fred Segal

Elisabetta Canalis flashes a smile as she heads into Fred Segal to do some shopping on Thursday (October 20) in Hollywood.

The 33-year-old Italian former Dancing With the Stars contestant showed off her amazing figure in a form fitting white t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans.

The previous weekend, Elisabetta attended a house party in Beverly Hills - and blushed when she saw the photographers!

10+ pictures inside of Elisabetta Canalis heading into Fred Segal to do a bit of shopping…

Link

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:07

Bette sure does shop alot she must be very forgetful having to keep going back all the time. Maybe Val won't be around for the opening? Not a good thing to delay the opening isn't the day after Thanksgiving a huge shopping day in the US? No one will know about her if she leaves things too late. The way the economy is they need all the publicity they can get and they can't afford to miss major shopping opportunities.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:44

This is from the Daily Mail

Bringing sexy back! Elisabetta Canalis shows George Clooney what he's missing in racy backless dress

By Ann Pride

Last updated at 11:50 PM on 22nd October 2011

She is no longer wearing those skimpy costumes on Dancing with the Stars, but Elisabetta Canalis still managed to flaunt her amazing body at a gala last night in Beverly Hills.

The former DWTS contestant stepped out in a backless black dress and black stilettos for the 7th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Perhaps she chose the sexy and daring look to show her ex George Clooney exactly what he is missing.

The pair split up in June of this year ending their two year relationship.

But George has since moved on and was pictured earlier this week in London with current lady love Stacy Keibler at the première of his new movie The Descendants.

The blonde looked stunning in a dress, which highlighted her curves, as she posed on the red carpet for the screening, held as part of the BFI London Film Festival.

While a smitten George and his new lady love attend A-list events around the glove, Elisabetta is clearly trying to get on with her life.
The Italian actress and television personality attended the event in Beverly Hills to show her support for fellow Dancing with the Star's contestant Chaz Bono who received an award.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 23 Oct 2011, 13:38

From the front, that dress looks like it was designed for a tween - not an adult woman.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 15:04

Maybe it's from too much exposure to George's latest girlfriend Lady Long Legs, but Eli's legs look so short and stumpy now. Never noticed that before. LOL

She does seem happier now and glad to see she's getting on with her life.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:41

That dress is a little fugly to me. Kind of looks like she has an apron on that's open in the back. But, I do understand why those nubby things don't go to the back as they would be uncomfortable to sit on!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:19

I agree, Mel. It looks like the dress a tween would wear to try to look grownup. Would have been better without the skirt decor. Nothing like that "little black dress", always stylish and a quiet elegance. Then she'd really have looked great. Maybe a splash of color with some jewelry would be a nice addition (to the LBD). IMHO
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:23

by watching Today at 5:38 am
From the front, that dress looks like it was designed for a tween - not an adult woman.

by cindigirl Today at 7:04 am
Maybe it's from too much exposure to George's latest girlfriend Lady Long Legs, but Eli's legs look so short and stumpy now. Never noticed that before. LOL

by melbert Today at 9:41 am
That dress is a little fugly to me. Kind of looks like she has an apron on that's open in the back. But, I do understand why those nubby things don't go to the back as they would be uncomfortable to sit on!

by pattygirl Today at 10:19 am
I agree, Mel. It looks like the dress a tween would wear to try to look grownup. Would have been better without the skirt decor. Nothing like that "little black dress", always stylish and a quiet elegance. Then she'd really have looked great. Maybe a splash of color with some jewelry would be a nice addition (to the LBD). IMHO
Excuse me ladies and Katie: me and others get blasted and sermonized in the SK thread for saying she doesn't wear a dress properly, she needs bangs because she has a high forehead and she doesn't know how to choose the proper colors to compliment her skin color, but its okay to run back to the EC thread and trash what she is wearing and how she looks. No one EVER said that SK's gowns were ugly, just that she stood out from the way the others dressed.

Sorry people, can't have it both ways. IMHO!!!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:39

maybe it has been discussed already but why isn't Elisabetta put under girlfriends past. Isn't she an official ex of his now. Just sayin

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 23 Oct 2011, 23:58

She gets invites to better events than SK does -

JustElisabetta ElisabettaCanalis
Getting ready to go with@mmmargherita atHollywood Walk of Style Awards Missoni family are receiving it this Year!
1 hour ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style Awards 2011: Missoni Family & Iman To Receive Awards

(article at link)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 24 Oct 2011, 00:28

Would that make any difference? I mean if I want to write about Eli I could go in the “girlfriend past” thread but I am sure that there will be people who will still try to shut me up. I was really enjoying this website because I thought I had the freedom of saying anything I wanted but now I have to watch what I say all the time. I have all the Italians against me and been accused of looking for and translating articles that I find about Eli, of bringing up immigration issues, visas, the Constitution, etc... What am I doing wrong? Isn’t this a blog?. Eli is not anything like Gee’s past girlfriends where they VENI, VIDI and EXIT, she is still very much in your face and officially her name, like it or not, (even at DWST and all the Talk Shows) is “George Clooney’s ex, Elisabetta Canalis”. Ex or not, she is still linked to him and she is using the popularity that derives from it for her own purposes. I am trying to be fair, when Stacey wore that bird’s nest on her head at the Toronto FF I thought it was ridiculous and so was her dress and I even mentioned that Eli had more class; however in the recent Versace black dress in NY she was stunning and also in the grey dress (in Paris?). Nobody said anything about it BUT, the minute I translated an Italian article that I bumped into regarding Eli allegedly suffering from self-esteem for taking her own photos in sexy and alluring pics and twitting them to the world, I was accused of being a bad person (to say the least). My comments against Eli are so mild compared to what the Italians say about her in all their blogs that even Eli would laugh. As for the recent event at the GLSEN, the dress was cute although I do not know how it stayed up since there was no back but indeed a little too “girlie” for her who is 33. Also, Chad thanked everybody via Twitter for supporting him at the event but did not mention her, was she invited (she is pictured with him and some members of the DWTS cast). She also seems to have embraced all kind of causes to get a presence in the press, the Peta, the GLSEN, the Leukemia Foundation; she is out every night including tonight at the Walk of Style honoring Margherita Missoni. I don’t think she has spent one single day working in her store which should have opened this month, so again, what is she doing all day long?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 00:40

EC's dress is a h*ll of alot better than Hope's outfit! I think that's Hope.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 24 Oct 2011, 00:50

That orange top or whatever not nice but it makes Hope stand out. LOL I liked the skirt then Eli turned around if looks like they missed abit. Looks like her PR is working for her money she got to go to the missoni event. Eli certainly is making sure she is being seen out and about but once DWTS is over I think she will find things a little harder. That's when I expect to see her show up on a beach in her bikini.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 24 Oct 2011, 01:27

sisieq wrote:She gets invites to better events than SK does -

Getting ready to go with@mmmargherita atHollywood Walk of Style Awards Missoni family are receiving it this Year!
1 hour ago

(article at link)

Canalis has been exposed to the fashion world in Italy for many years and she knows designers or designers who know designers, Stacey was a wrestler for heaven's sake, why would the Walk of Style who this year decided to give Margherita Missoni (grandaughter of the founders) an award, invite Stacey? Why would also Margherita get an award? Maybe because it was her idea to have a Missoni for TARGET line which was sold out by 8:00 am on the day it opened (early this month).
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 02:16

socimar wrote:

1 hour ago

(article at link)

Canalis has been exposed to the fashion world in Italy for many years and she knows designers or designers who know designers, Stacey was a wrestler for heaven's sake, why would the Walk of Style who this year decided to give Margherita Missoni (grandaughter of the founders) an award, invite Stacey? Why would also Margherita get an award? Maybe because it was her idea to have a Missoni for TARGET line which was sold out by 8:00 am on the day it opened (early this month).
Let me rephrase - IMHO, this has more class than bartender competitions and gaming expos.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 24 Oct 2011, 02:48

I will defend my comments about EC's attire at the GLSEN affair. I said that the front skirt made her look like a tween, and if it had just been the fabric of the rest of the dress she would have looked much better. Add a touch of color, perhaps in jewelry and she would have looked exceptionally fine. I don't really think that I said anything bad about her or even criticized her. Don't think I was being catty either.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 02:57

sisieq wrote:Excuse me ladies and Katie: me and others get blasted and sermonized in the SK thread for saying she doesn't wear a dress properly, she needs bangs because she has a high forehead and she doesn't know how to choose the proper colors to compliment her skin color, but its okay to run back to the EC thread and trash what she is wearing and how she looks. No one EVER said that SK's gowns were ugly, just that she stood out from the way the others dressed.

Agree completely. Wish the sniping about what his girlfriend/exes are wearing would stop. Nobody else except posters here seem to have problems with how these women dress.

lovelylois wrote:maybe it has been discussed already but why isn't Elisabetta put under girlfriends past. Isn't she an official ex of his now. Just sayin
All the Elisabetta threads (there are about 8 of them in total) are in the girlfriends past part of the forum, except this one, which seeing as people are posting on it every single day would suggest that people want to keep it alive still.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:09

pattygirl wrote:I will defend my comments about EC's attire at the GLSEN affair. I said that the front skirt made her look like a tween, and if it had just been the fabric of the rest of the dress she would have looked much better. Add a touch of color, perhaps in jewelry and she would have looked exceptionally fine. I don't really think that I said anything bad about her or even criticized her. Don't think I was being catty either.
You left out the part where you agreed with Melbet's comments. The point I'm making is members complain that comments in the SK thread are rude, yet okay to make the SAME TYPE of comments about EC. You are criticizing EC's attire.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:11

socimar wrote: I was really enjoying this website because I thought I had the freedom of saying anything I wanted but now I have to watch what I say all the time.
I did already cover this in my post in the Stacy Keibler thread but maybe you missed it? I expect good manners and a sense of respect on this forum which means you don't have the freedom to bitch to your heart's content, say anything you like just because you feel like it and to hell with anyone else who's upset or insulted by your comments or turn this forum into a negative 'let's be catty about everyone' forum.

What happens is that one person says they don't like a dress Betty or Stacy's wearing. Fair enough. Then the next poster says they don't like the hair. Well ok then. Then the next poster says the hair and makeup is a disaster. Disaster? Really? Then the next poster, encouraged by the previous posts goes on to say how terrible everything was about her and before we know it, the claws come out and there's a page of hypercritical posts exaggerating and inventing faults, making molehills into mountains and instead of a forum of funny, witty and lovely people that I know we have here, we get instead a bunch of spiteful, hate-filled, judgemental, vindictive women.

That is what I'm trying to avoid.

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:14; edited 2 times in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:12

melbert wrote:That dress is a little fugly to me. Kind of looks like she has an apron on that's open in the back. But, I do understand why those nubby things don't go to the back as they would be uncomfortable to sit on!
How could you write your sermon to me in the SK thread and then turn around and post here that EC's outfit is fugly. Please explain how this is different. Thank you!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:16

Sisieq, I think if you want to start a fight, then please take it to PMs. Pointing out other people's mistakes doesn't make your own any more right.

Melbert and Pattygirl - if you want to respond to Sisie, then please reply to her in a PM.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:20

Katiedot wrote:Sisieq, I think if you want to start a fight, then please take it to PMs. Pointing out other people's mistakes doesn't make your own any more right.

Melbert and Pattygirl - if you want to respond to Sisie, then please reply to her in a PM.
I resent someone preaching than turning around and doing the same thing. I'm sure there are others who would like to know the difference, too.

BTW, and I know wrong thread, but why take this to other threads - we can't even criticize George. We get the "what does he owe you" type posts from members.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:26

Sure, but your tone was aggressive and offensive. You were hoping to start a fight and neither Melbert nor Pattygirl owe you any explanations as you seem to think they do.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:34

Katiedot wrote:Sure, but your tone was aggressive and offensive. You were hoping to start a fight and neither Melbert nor Pattygirl owe you any explanations as you seem to think they do.
No no fight. Upset yes. When members sermonize and criticize other members for what they consider "catty" remarks, then turn around and make the same type of remarks about an ex, the owe ALL of us explanations. Sorry, can't have it both ways. IMHO, its best to get it out now and have members explain why its okay in one thread and not the other. Others may not be as aggressive as I can get and afraid to post their feelings, but I already know that there are a few others (who sent me PMs) wondering the same thing. That is why I say get it out in the open now so ALL can understand. Thank you!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:45

It's not ok in any thread and I think I've made that clear SEVERAL times on this forum already. In the Stacy thread, in the Canalis threads (even though you claim not to have seen them).

To say it yet again: I'm not against criticism of anyone here as long as that criticism is justified. By justified I mean it has to be an actual problem that you're criticising. Not an invented problem or something that other people can get wrong too or just something that you, the poster, don't like.

For example, if someone doesn't like a dress a girlfriend is wearing and they feel that their opinion on the dress is so crucial that it has to be shared, fine, they can say they don't like the dress. But understand that that's all they can say: that they, one person, doesn't share the same taste as the girlfriend. Don't go crying that the dress is a disaster because it's not. Or whinge that the girlfriend should have chosen something more to your taste because that's ridiculous. Or make assertions that there's a right way and a wrong way to dress for each occasion because there's plenty of leeway nowadays for all events.

Do you see what I'm asking for here? Just a sense of proportion.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:51

No, where have members "invented" problems so then can criticize a GF?

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:55

Katiedot wrote:At least one of the rats is with her in LA:

Last time I looked it was a dog. Smile Wink

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:57

It happens frequently. If you don't read this forum often or in depth, that's fine but I'm not about to start writing you a summary of everything.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:03

Katiedot wrote:It happens frequently. If you don't read this forum often or in depth, that's fine but I'm not about to start writing you a summary of everything.
Well, ALOT of times when clicking the icon for last comments from logging out prior, I find that it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to go back a page to read comments that the "icon" claims I read. If a person has been away for a couple of days its hard to remember what was the last comment read in the different threads. When using that "icon" we presume its bringing us to the right place.

Sorry, your answer is a cop out, since I haven't read an "invented" comment 1 or 2 examples would be helpful. And, if there were "invented" comments, other members would have jumped on it and felt it wrong. IMHO.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:07

I'm sorry for not remember the proper thread, but just a short while ago I made the comment that if we criticize George we get the "what does he owe you" type of comments from a few members. So please tell us, what do we talk about? Just the "nice, nice" comments. That's what you-know-who's blog was all about and only 3 people posted there because it was too sanitized. Thank you!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:18

Sisie, you're not even reading the posts in THIS thread. I've already answered your question and made it clear I don't expect only 'nice' comments.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 24 Oct 2011, 08:02

watching wrote:From the front, that dress looks like it was designed for a tween - not an adult woman.

I never meant for an off the cuff remark to initiate the debate that has escalated. It was just a fashion comment on a public figure at a public event. No harm intended.

Maybe I should always ensure that I visit this site first then go view Style.com so there is no cross-over.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 24 Oct 2011, 09:17

1 hour ago

Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style Awards 2011: Missoni Family & Iman To Receive Awards (article at link)

Betty rocking a full length gown at Missoni event. Link to Facebook shot
Link to agency shots
Link to agency shots
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:30

socimar wrote:Would that make any difference? I mean if I want to write about Eli I could go in the “girlfriend past” thread but I am sure that there will be people who will still try to shut me up. I was really enjoying this website because I thought I had the freedom of saying anything I wanted but now I have to watch what I say all the time. I have all the Italians against me and been accused of looking for and translating articles that I find about Eli, of bringing up immigration issues, visas, the Constitution, etc... What am I doing wrong? Isn’t this a blog?. Eli is not anything like Gee’s past girlfriends where they VENI, VIDI and EXIT, she is still very much in your face and officially her name, like it or not, (even at DWST and all the Talk Shows) is “George Clooney’s ex, Elisabetta Canalis”. Ex or not, she is still linked to him and she is using the popularity that derives from it for her own purposes. I am trying to be fair, when Stacey wore that bird’s nest on her head at the Toronto FF I thought it was ridiculous and so was her dress and I even mentioned that Eli had more class; however in the recent Versace black dress in NY she was stunning and also in the grey dress (in Paris?). Nobody said anything about it BUT, the minute I translated an Italian article that I bumped into regarding Eli allegedly suffering from self-esteem for taking her own photos in sexy and alluring pics and twitting them to the world, I was accused of being a bad person (to say the least). My comments against Eli are so mild compared to what the Italians say about her in all their blogs that even Eli would laugh. As for the recent event at the GLSEN, the dress was cute although I do not know how it stayed up since there was no back but indeed a little too “girlie” for her who is 33. Also, Chad thanked everybody via Twitter for supporting him at the event but did not mention her, was she invited (she is pictured with him and some members of the DWTS cast). She also seems to have embraced all kind of causes to get a presence in the press, the Peta, the GLSEN, the Leukemia Foundation; she is out every night including tonight at the Walk of Style honoring Margherita Missoni. I don’t think she has spent one single day working in her store which should have opened this month, so again, what is she doing all day long?

SOCIM but then you are interested in what makes Ely? You wrote that you would not have spoken more about her, but do not drop!

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:59

I thought Missoni put squiggles (not a fashion term) on their clothes etc? Is what Eli wearing a missoni? From the side she looks pregnant sorry but we all know how thin she is so the fact this gown makes her look so big side on isn't a good thing. She really is going to everything she can she better while DWTS is on cause once it's gone things will really dry up.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 24 Oct 2011, 14:23

Thought Eli looked good, but wish there were some closeups of the bodice so we could see the detail. Hopefully there'll be some press pics soon.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 24 Oct 2011, 14:57

sisieq wrote:
socimar wrote:

1 hour ago

(article at link)

Let me rephrase - IMHO, this has more class than bartender competitions and gaming expos.

Let's not go into that Sis, especially when you compare Stacey with the several soft porn movies Eli has made in the past, the several nude calendars, the still pending cocaine case at the two Milan nightclubs, the Berlusconi bunga bunga dinner (still pending), the choice of boyfriends (all all soccer players, better if blacks except for Vieri), chasing tall basketball players (mostly black americans)at a nightclub in Milan knowing they generally gathered there after the games on Sundays and she would slip her phone number in their pockets because nobody paid attention to her. All this was in Italian papers, not gossip magazines. Why do you think Clooney got tired of her? The marriage/children thing was just a cover. IMHO he got fed up with the drama and all the above issues that kept popping up. She gained class when she started dating Clooney and was exposed to red carpet events, he elevated her a higher standard, who knows, the same thing may happen to Stacey, wait till Armani, a friend of George gets hold of her.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 24 Oct 2011, 15:25

sisieq wrote:
by watching Today at 5:38 am

by cindigirl Today at 7:04 am

by melbert Today at 9:41 am

by pattygirl Today at 10:19 am
Excuse me ladies and Katie: me and others get blasted and sermonized in the SK thread for saying she doesn't wear a dress properly, she needs bangs because she has a high forehead and she doesn't know how to choose the proper colors to compliment her skin color, but its okay to run back to the EC thread and trash what she is wearing and how she looks. No one EVER said that SK's gowns were ugly, just that she stood out from the way the others dressed.

Eli needs a good fashion coach to do her makeup, hair, skin, and wardrobe. She will look more professional, now that she is going into the boutique business. She needs a good image to project.

Last edited by MM on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 15:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 24 Oct 2011, 15:47

Eli needs a good fashion coach to do her makeup, hair, skin, and wardrobe. She will look more professional, now that she is going into the boutique business. She needs a good image to project.

She already has a personal makeup person, Maria Camilla Cocco (@coccomakeup in Twitter), a very weird looking lady who compares herself with Frida Kahlo, full of tattoos, black hair and bright red lipstick who is often seen with Eli (see pics when they bought a pumpin at Bristol Farm Market). She does all of her makeup and hair even at crazy hours of the morning. As for the wardrobe, Eli is chosing her own clothing; however as far as the boutique business is concerned I don't see how it can open in October. Val Micchetti, the CEO is still in London (I think), Elisabetta is not talking about nor spending any time at the gallery, she has to train again for the finale of DWTS and then she is going to Europe. Who is minding the store?? .
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 15:52

pinco pallino!

maria4
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next