George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011

+2
pattygirl
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 Empty Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011

Post by Katiedot Tue 20 Sep 2011, 18:15

Link found by Karin on our facebook page:

from Blick

"Sometimes you can't avoid lying"
He had to become an actor, because he was too stupid to do anything else, says Hollywood star George Clooney.

Updated at 11:57 | | By Dierk Sindermann from Toronto 20/09/2011

"I'd rather be the crazy uncle who can do with the kids what they're forbidden by their parents." (AP)

That was her first time at his side: Stacy Keibler (31), professional wrestler, dancer, and new love of George Clooney (50). Officially the most sought after bachelor in the world wants the relationship but (still) do not. At the Toronto Film Festival Stacy stayed in the hotel, George walked alone down the red carpet. The premiere visitors of his film "The Descendants" agreed that if there were an Oscar for the best representation of an unimaginable situation, Clooney would have it in his pocket. In the film, his wife is unfaithful - to one good family man.

Was it hard for you to put yourself in the position of a cuckolded husband?
George Clooney: In real life I know my order is not particularly good, but I can understand the feelings very well.

We assume that you have been cheated on before.
Probably. No-clue. And I do not want to know.

The crazy thing is that Clooney movie also arranged a meeting between the rivals, and his terminally ill wife. You could be personally so forgiving?
First I would tell his wife and then I would kill him.

What do you do so you do not pass this kind of surprises?
You can not control everything in his life. I take care. But from time to time you have to take unpleasant surprises.

How?
To discover that one is excluded from his agent. I fired him.

Are you always completely honest?
Sometimes you can not avoid lies. Everyone's had such situations. But honesty is always with me in the first place.

Children tell the truth known. And the girls who play her daughters in the film, saying that in real life you would make a good father.
I'd rather be the crazy uncle who lets the kids do what their parents would forbid.

In other words, even at 50 you still think it not to have babies.
I enjoy my life, as it is.

Was your's recent 50th Celebrating a big deal for you?
Oddly, no. Probably because I'm in show business for so long and people thought I was 50 a long time ago.

Where do you want to be in ten years?
No idea where. The main thing, I'm still standing upright.

What do you want?
I am still able to make a living doing what I am doing today.

What are you afraid?
I am doing exactly the same as today. You have to constantly change and question yourself.

Maybe you should become a journalist.
You will laugh, when I was 20, I studied broadcast journalism. My father was a great journalist. With his help, then I get a little interview show. But then I realized that I will never be as good as him. I was not as wise as he. Since I had the idea to do something else. Something for which one does not need to be smart. That's how I turned to acting.

Now you're kidding.
Seriously. Hardly anyone knows that the legendary movie star Jose Ferrer was my uncle. Through him I came to experience it. It was in 1982. Since he came to Kentucky, where he made a movie. I was two months extra. $ 25 fee for a day. That was a lot of money for a young guy who earned his money at the time cutting tobacco.

So off to Hollywood!
This is what has got me uncle Jose. And I swung in my Chevy Monte Carlo, Year 76, and headed toward Los Angeles. How it started, and from then on I've been very fortunate.

So you do today can make a fleet.
In Los Angeles I have two cars, one Tesla and a hybrid Lexus, plus two motorcycles. In my house in Italy, three motorcycles. Usually my guests drive these. They are Harleys. Heavy, slow Harleys. When you're younger, you're fixated on sports cars and such shit. Nowadays I drive a minivan into the Hotel Villa d'Este (grins). Being cool is totally over. I must not attract attention. I excite too much attention anyway.

Especially with a new girlfriend. Can I get you something wring about them?
Wring? Nice pun. I love it.

And?
I say nothing (Clooney runs his fingers over his lips as if he would pull a zipper).

«Manchmal kann man Lügen nicht vermeiden»
Er sei Schauspieler geworden, weil er für einen anderen Job nicht schlau genug war, sagt Hollywood-Star George Clooney.

Von Dierk Sindermann aus Toronto | Aktualisiert um 11:57 | 20.09.2011

«Ich bin lieber der verrückte Onkel, der die Kids das tun lässt, was die Eltern verbieten würden.» (AP)
Da war sie zum ersten Mal an seiner Seite: Stacy Keibler (31), Profi-Ringerin, Tänzerin und neue Liebe von George Clooney (50). Offi­ziell will der begehrteste Junggeselle der Welt die Beziehung aber (noch) nicht machen. Beim Filmfestival von Toronto blieb Stacy im Hotel, George schritt allein über den roten Teppich. Die Premierenbesucher seines Films «The Descendants» («Die Abkömmlinge») waren sich einig: Wenn es einen Oscar für die beste Darstellung einer unvorstellbaren Situation gäbe, Clooney hätte ihn in der Tasche. Im Film geht seine Frau fremd – mit einem braven Familienvater.

War es schwer für Sie, sich in die Lage eines betrogenen Mannes hineinzuversetzen?
George Clooney: Im wahren Leben kenne ich mich damit nicht besonders gut aus, aber ich kann die Gefühle sehr wohl ­verstehen.

Wir gehen davon aus, dass Sie noch nie betrogen worden sind.
Wahrscheinlich doch. Keine ­Ahnung. Und ich will es auch nicht wissen.

Das Verrückte ist, dass Film-Clooney auch noch ein Treffen zwischen dem Nebenbuhler und seiner todkranken Frau arrangiert. Könnten auch Sie persönlich so vergebend sein?
Erst würde ich es seiner Frau ­sagen und dann würde ich ihn umbringen.

Was tun Sie, damit Ihnen Überraschungen dieser Art nicht pas­sieren?
Man kann in seinem Leben nicht alles kontrollieren. Ich passe schon auf. Aber von Zeit zu Zeit muss man unliebsame Über­raschungen in Kauf nehmen.

Wie?
Zu entdecken, dass man von ­seinem Agenten ausgenommen wird. Ich habe ihn gefeuert.

Sind Sie immer hundertprozentig ehrlich?
Manchmal kann man Lügen nicht vermeiden. Solche Situationen hat wohl schon jeder ­erlebt. Aber grundsätzlich steht Ehrlichkeit bei mir an erster Stelle.

Kinder sagen bekanntlich die Wahrheit. Und die Girls, die ihre Töchter im Film spielen, sagen, dass Sie im wahren Leben einen guten Vater abgeben würden.
Ich bin lieber der verrückte Onkel, der die Kids das tun lässt, was die Eltern verbieten würden.

Mit anderen Worten: Auch mit 50 denken Sie noch nicht daran, ­Kinder zu haben.
Ich erfreue mich meines ­Lebens, so wie es ist.

War Ihr kürzlicher 50. Geburtstag eine grosse Sache für Sie?
Komischerweise nicht. Wahrscheinlich, weil ich so lange im Showgeschäft bin und die ­Leute dachten, ich sei schon lange 50 Jahre alt.

Wo wollen Sie in zehn Jahren ­stehen?
Keine Ahnung, wo. Haupt­sache, ich stehe aufrecht.

Was wünschen Sie sich?
Dass ich mir immer noch meinen Lebensunterhalt mit dem verdiene, was ich heute tue.

Wovor fürchten Sie sich?
Dass ich genau dasselbe tue wie heute. Man muss sich ständig ändern und sich selbst hinterfragen.

Vielleicht sollten Sie Journalist werden.
Sie werden lachen: Als ich 20 war, habe ich Fernsehjournalismus studiert. Mein Vater war ein grossartiger Journalist. Mit seiner Hilfe habe ich damals eine kleine Interview-Show bekommen. Aber dann habe ich eingesehen, dass ich nie so gut werde wie er. Ich war nicht so klug wie er. Da kam mir der ­Gedanke, etwas anderes zu machen. Etwas, für das man nicht so klug sein muss. Da bin ich auf Schauspielerei gekommen.

Jetzt machen Sie Witze.
Im Ernst. Kaum einer weiss, dass der legendäre Filmstar José Ferrer mein Onkel war. Durch ihn bin ich auf den Geschmack gekommen. Es war 1982. Da kam er nach Kentucky und machte dort einen Film. Ich war zwei Monate lang Komparse. Für 25 Dollar Gage am Tag. Das war viel Geld für einen jungen Kerl, der sich zu dem Zeitpunkt sein Geld bei der Tabak­ernte verdiente.

Also ab nach Hollywood!
Genau das hat Onkel José mir geraten. Und ich habe mich in meinen Chevy Monte Carlo, Baujahr 76, geschwungen und bin Richtung Los Angeles gedüst. So hat es angefangen, und von da an habe ich sehr viel Glück gehabt.

So dass Sie sich heute einen Fuhrpark leisten können.
In Los Angeles habe ich zwei Autos, einen Tesla und ­einen Lexus Hybrid plus zwei Motorräder. In meinem Haus in Italien stehen drei Motorräder. Die fahren meist meine Gäste. Es sind Harleys. Schwere, langsame Harleys. Wenn man jünger ist, steht man auf Sportwagen und so ­einen Scheiss. Heute fahre ich in einem Minivan beim Hotel Villa d’Este vor (grinst). Cool sein ist bei mir total vorbei. Ich muss keine Aufmerksamkeit erregen. Ich errege sowieso schon zu viel Aufsehen.

Vor allem mit einer neuen Freundin. Kann ich Ihnen etwas über sie abringen?
Abringen? Schönes Wortspiel. Gefällt mir sehr.

Und?
Ich sage nichts (Clooney fährt sich mit den Fingern über die Lippen, als ob er einen Reiss­verschluss zuziehen würde).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 Empty Re: Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011

Post by pattygirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 18:56

Interesting. So typically George. Wonder what kind of lies he sometimes tells. Hmmmm.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011 Empty Re: Interview with Blick (Switzerland) Sept 2011

Post by cindigirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 19:09

He tells people what he wants them to know or what he thinks they want to hear. That's the secret of his success. Or, how about the time he told an interviewer that he had his balls ironed? i STILL haven't gotten over that one. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 20 Sep 2011, 19:40

I wonder how old he would have to be before people stop asking him about babies. Rolling Eyes
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 23 Sep 2011, 18:04

Nice interview!!
Only two cars? and the tango and the black truck?

I think he´s going to turn into 60 and they will keep asking that!! LOL
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 23 Sep 2011, 20:55

cindigirl wrote: Or, how about the time he told an interviewer that he had his balls ironed? i STILL haven't gotten over that one. LOL

That was hilarious. lol!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Sep 2011, 05:31

sandwiches wrote:I wonder how old he would have to be before people stop asking him about babies. Rolling Eyes
Haha! I bet he'd be dead in his coffin and some reporter (maybe the guy from People?) would be banging on the lid going, "So George, any plans to have children in your next life?"
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down