George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Goodbye George EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Goodbye George EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Goodbye George EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Goodbye George EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Goodbye George EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Goodbye George EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Goodbye George EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Goodbye George EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Goodbye George EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Goodbye George

+11
iamnoone
blubelle
cindigirl
macs
lelacorb
Katiedot
it's me
LornaDoone
lucy
sarah ali
Henway
15 posters

Go down

Goodbye George Empty Goodbye George

Post by Henway Sun 11 Sep 2011, 03:40

So what do you think?

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Goodbye George Empty Re: Goodbye George

Post by sarah ali Sun 11 Sep 2011, 03:44

i didn't understand what she meant , can anybody explain, please????
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Sun 11 Sep 2011, 03:52

She is fed up with George and his choice of women so she is saying good bye and that she will never follow him again, or his carear.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:15

This is the same think I posted on CU...

Since no one wants to comment on this video I feel like someone should… so “the mouth” will speak. This speech will be pros and cons… the truth through the eyes of someone who is close to George’s age and respects his acting, directorial and professional career as well as his humanitarian efforts. He’s done a lot of good and he’s done a lot of bad. But, I do not know him. But my heart goes out to this lady. My heart breaks to think that some people think of George that way. I’m a fixer and always have been and, of course, I want to fix things. However, this is something I cannot fix. I cannot reach through that video and tell that lady that George is not what she thinks he is. I cannot reach through that video and apologies to that lady for George. We don’t know what goes on in George’s life and for all we know he’s as lost as the rest of us. The only thing I can say is… This is something George should address and he is the only one that can address “it”. I’m not saying I agree totally with her, but this is her opinion and I think it’s very sobering and sad!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:31

The older he gets the more foolish he will look with these women that are so much younger than him. More women feel that he goes through girlfriends like they are all interchangeable. But it won't change how he lives his life, he doesn't want a long term relationship, and as long as younger women are willing he will date them, so do a lot of older successful men. That's life, like it or not.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:53

George is never going to change.

And I suppose we hold him to a higher standard than others because he wants us to treat him as a respected director/producer/actor. But he's not alone in this need for 50 somethings yr olds to date women 20 or 30 years younger than they. Hell some near 60 yr old actor just recently married his teenage girlfriend so it's not like this crap doesn't happen every day. It just goes to show you how juvenile and infantile men truly are and George is no different.

Where the rub comes in is again, his expectation that we'll respect him for his work but overlook his personal life. What he doesn't understand is that for many, we also need to respect his personal choices because they do reflect on who he is overall - and if we have issue with his personal choices then we need to ask ourselves if it's worth it to follow his professional career.

This gal obviously feels that she cannot respect him due to his personal choices and that lack of respect has affected her ability to support his professional work. Hey, it's her money, she doesn't want to waste it on someone she feels makes choices that set an example that denigrates more mature women. By his choices he lets the world know that an older women (older than the women he dates) have no value. He may not think that's what he's doing - but in reality that's what he is doing.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Sep 2011, 06:11

he seems not using his brain
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 06:34

This is more or less what she said. I wish she had rehearsed this a little more because IMO she makes some good points (George dating women young enough to be his daughter) but the rest of it is a bit fuzzy (what callousness has he displayed to the women he dates? why can't he date d-listers? how are these women interchangeable?).

I can no longer look the other way and pretend it's ok with me as a woman the way you treat women. This parade of overly young girls at least 20 years younger than you; this interchangeable d-list which shows up at red carpet events and yes I do follow red carpet events, and I follow film festival events [because] one, I wanna see what films are coming out that I might like to see so I wanna know what's being talked of at the festivals, and two, I wanna look at the fashions.

I'm over 50 but I'm still a woman and I wanna see the beautiful clothes. So yes, I notice, and I can no longer pretend this is ok with me. Women are not interchangeable 30-year olds.

You just trade us in like cars and I do realise you're a person but do you realise I'm a person too? What you put out there in public makes a statement and I'll tell you the statement it's making to me: you're particularly interested in my business; you're not interested in me as a person; you don't care if I buy a ticket. And that's ok.

If that's the way you feel, then I guess I'm fine with it or I'll have to go back to having Rosemary Clooney as being the only Clooney I have a great deal of admiration that I could extend.

So this is goodbye, George. It's not ok to treat women as interchangeable. It's not ok to be running around with women so, so much younger than you that you were already deep into your career the day they were born.

And it's just something that I can't live with any more. No matter how much I enjoy your films, I can no longer separate this public persona of callousness towards these young girls and absolute appalling attitude that you have expressed toward women your own age so that you won't be photographed near one your own age.

I'm done. So this is goodbye George. I've enjoyed your movies, I think you're a wonderful director, but as a woman I'm saying no to this. And I'm just not gonna pay my dollars to support a man who makes this kind of stance in public. I wish you well and it's been fun.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 06:38

Cinderella wrote: However, this is something I cannot fix. I cannot reach through that video and tell that lady that George is not what she thinks he is. I cannot reach through that video and apologies to that lady for George.
In theory you can - you should be able to record your own video and post it as a response to this lady's and she'd probably see it.

Not sure what you could say in your video though because as you said, this is something George would have to respond to. No one can apologise on his behalf.

This happens every time he gets a new girlfriend. There are always some fans who walk off in disgust.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 07:42

I find this ridiculous video, George has certainly disappointed, but not for the choice of his new girlfriend but its contradictions. Only a month ago, after stating in an interview that he would be presented with a new girlfriend in Venice, he has accused the Italian press of writing falsehoods. Only 10 days later he presented with a new girlfriend! He would have done better to remain silent and not to accuse the Italian newspapers write lies?My impression of George as a man? A nobody (but will always follow), is a man who deserves to be exploited and Stacy seems to me that it has already begun. Brava Ely (unfortunately you've loved!) That you left and you've packed on an evening when you understand how it was.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 11 Sep 2011, 09:30

I suppose I get what she's saying, and her frustation etc. (we like him, we tend to have high expectations!). I guess I feel the same sometimes as regards his choices of arm candy.
Generally it seems to me that spirits are a little more uptight when a new one is introduced, because the buzz can die a little after a while, when it's not so much "news" anymore (well if they date long enough that is).
But for me it was always more about his work, so i guess I kind of care not so much. Plus since I don't follow so much I suppose I get less tired of it. And i tell myself that in all the horrible things or choices of the world, there are far worse things than dating women of no substance (to be nice), but JMHO. After all that's his choice, that's those girls' choice, and if in my eyes they're both loosing their times for just some fun/quick relationship, it does not affect so much the way I see his work, or even his willingness to do good things (charity, ...). I see why people would see it as contradictions, but I know that real people are layered, and if you're good at something doesn't mean you're good at everything, and it doesn't necessarily takes out everything good you do. But just my opinion, i see why it can't work for everybody I guess
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 13:55

Yes, you ladies made very good points here. I can see where you're coming from in your feelings about George. My feelings for him are the same because nothing surprises me about his choice of arm candy, it just confirms my belief that he hasn't grown up, still wants to be a boy.

I was OK with her when everybody became first aware of her, she seemed nice enough, but when she went to the TIFF dressed like a hooker and then had to wear the 4" Heels walking with him (Like she's not tall enough) I Iost respect for her. She should have had more respect both for the festival and being his partner. She proved she is domineering. Give her a whip, a leather skirt and leather hip boots to complete her persona.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:05

Cindi, totally agree with you! W Hollywood Boulevard!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:15

And BTW everybody is entitled to have a personal life, including George. His acting, directing, humanitarianism, etc. should be the only way we view him. This woman seems to have an agenda on how he should live his personal life. He's an adult (in years) and should be able to live the way he wants.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:26

No one can prevent him to live his life as he wishes but he often does the moralist and it is here that falls into contradiction, and lose points. He wants no talk of his personal life? It must be so that it is personal because when it occurs in public with a woman at a festival becomes automatically public because he is unquestionably a public figure.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:41

I didn't see him at the festival with her and I don't think he talked about her. Someone got a picture of the back of them walking into a restaurant and I doubt he authorized that picture. He's been trying to keep their relationship? on the down low, and she's the one doing the flaunting. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 11 Sep 2011, 16:05

I think we are all on this forum because we admire his work, both professional and humanistic, or lust after him - maybe both. For some of us his personal life offends. I think following him on this forum may have elevated him, again for some of us, to hero statis He is who he is. Not a hero, not perfect, someone who is very famous and lives his life within that bubble of fame. I may privately question some of his choices, but we really don't know the reasons behind his personal choices and really it is none of our business. I think what he allows to be put out publicly he is comfortable with. What the gossip rags make out of it is not necessarily true and out of his control.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Sep 2011, 16:12

out of his control?

nothing seems out of his control
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 17:03

He's allowed to date who he wants to date and the fans don't have the right to make demands on who he goes out with.

His repeated decision to date women significantly younger than him leads me to think that there's something very wrong with him. On the outside he looks like he's got it all together, but inside something's badly not right if he can't form a meaningful relationship with any woman and can only go through the motions with someone young enough and fame-hungry enough to be manipulated and in thrall to him. It's a massive power imbalance.

Does that make him less of an actor, or director, or film producer? No, not in my opinion. Does it make him less of a humanitarian? Nope, not in my book. Does that make him somehow a bad human being? Not really.

He's fucked up, sure, but that's not my problem. If the dumb dolly birds he dates think they can somehow be the one to fix him, then good luck to them. I just hope they're banking the cheques because they all have an expiry date. He's permanently damaged goods.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 11 Sep 2011, 17:54

I could only get thru 2/3 of that video, to be quite frank I thought it was smug, and just out of line. It really irritated the stew out of me me. That doesn't mean she made a few valid points. (edited out a semi rant )

Did george state in public that he refuses to be photographed with women his own age?

These women are grown adults, some with degrees. George is up front about not wanting to be tied down, and only being in it for *hits & giggles as my ex used to say. If they can read/see all this and walk into a relationship with him without changing their expectations of marriage & kids I say its on THEIR head.

as far as something wrong with him because he won't commit to someone his own age, or permanently commit I dunno about that either. what about people that commit repeatedly and divorce several times? I don't mean to sound like a suck up *lol* but i give him credit at least (don't get me wrong it does tick me off that so many men date women 20+ years younger) for knowing who he is, what he does & doesn't want and is up front about it.

he is or has seemed to be very committed to his family & friends some of which are female. Does he stay friends with these women that he dates n' dumps after short terms of 2 years or less? Is that possible? seems like he deliberately picks pretty women who are as casual about things as he is (at least at first until they learn to love the lifestyle and think they will be the one that changes his mind about committment.)

It does seem that the divorce with his wife hurt him badly. (wasn't his parents divorced? seems there might be some deep seated issue there so i agree a little bit with katiedot.)

sorry to ramble!!

Last edited by iamnoone on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was out of line so edited a rant.....LOL)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:12

iamnoone wrote:It does seem that the divorce with his wife hurt him badly. (wasn't his parents divorced? seems there might be some deep seated issue there so i agree a little bit with katiedot.)

iamnoone, his parents were divorced? I heard they went through some hard times but never heard they divorced.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:15

No, they're married and just recently celebrated their 50-somethingth wedding anniversary.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:18

Oh wow thats so wonderful to hear ty katiedot (quite an assumption i made there sorry george and george's family!) so few make it 50 years these days.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:28

I thought Nick had been married be for, but I do not know.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:08

NIck and NIna have been married for 52 years. Nick's parents divorced when Nick was four years old.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:14

OMG! I wonder if this is "Silverscreen" from the IMDb board! Wow, that was some video. I don't get it. George is an adult. He should be allowed to date (or be seen with) ANYONE he wants to. Al Pacino's girlfriend looks young enough to be his GRANDDAUGHTER and yet you don't hear anything about him! This "George bashing" has really gotten out of hand! He will still get my dollar for his movies (if they are something I want to see). This woman really needs to get a life!!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:24

Great advice for this lady: GET A LIFE, WILL YA!! Sleep

MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:47

Eli "alluded" to George being "cold and controlling". My opinion is (and I stated it on another thread some time ago) that George wants a woman (girl) in his life/on his arm so he can "help" her. He wants to open the door, introduce her to power people to put a push in her career (model, actress, both). And this woman/girl can't have more money than he does, so that he can lavish her with gifts, vacations, etc. She has to look fairly good to enhance his charming ways. He wants someone who can at least carry a conversation, but not too smart to overshadow his intelligence. The only women/girls that fit into this category are the 20-30 range (god-forbid if he shows up with a 20 y/o - eeeekkkkkk!!). With a woman of age, 40-50, we've all been around the block, some a time or two. We've already established a career and have made our own money, ON OUR OWN with no one opening any doors for us (man's world and all). We don't NEED him. Most of these women/girls he's been with don't want to have to work for their success. They want it given to them.

Now, with all that being said, do I agree with this lady and believe that George is all about the sweet young thangs? Yes and no to both. Okay, I'll get off the fence. I feel that George needs to be needed, and the older, refined, educated, truly independent woman doesn't NEED him and he would feel intimidated by an "equal". He needs to help these other types so he can feel superior and "in control". He seems to control every other aspect of his life and career, why not his arm candy? Just My Very Humble Opinion...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 21:39

He is what he is, and has been for awhile. There are things about him that's a turn off, but just as many that turns me on (just kidding). Nothing he's done so far will stop me from seeing his films.
Melbert you said it well regarding the women he chooses and why, and that's a little sad, but so true of many men.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 11 Sep 2011, 21:53

I enjoy George Clooney's films, and I'd hit it. (NOT kidding) if i thought I'd have a snowballs chance in HE*L I'd hit it that is..... LOL! (and I don't so there it is Down the pan )

is there a curtsey emoticon? Razz

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Sep 2011, 22:40

melbert wrote:Eli "alluded" to George being "cold and controlling". My opinion is (and I stated it on another thread some time ago) that George wants a woman (girl) in his life/on his arm so he can "help" her. He wants to open the door, introduce her to power people to put a push in her career (model, actress, both). And this woman/girl can't have more money than he does, so that he can lavish her with gifts, vacations, etc. She has to look fairly good to enhance his charming ways. He wants someone who can at least carry a conversation, but not too smart to overshadow his intelligence. The only women/girls that fit into this category are the 20-30 range (god-forbid if he shows up with a 20 y/o - eeeekkkkkk!!). With a woman of age, 40-50, we've all been around the block, some a time or two. We've already established a career and have made our own money, ON OUR OWN with no one opening any doors for us (man's world and all). We don't NEED him. Most of these women/girls he's been with don't want to have to work for their success. They want it given to them.

Now, with all that being said, do I agree with this lady and believe that George is all about the sweet young thangs? Yes and no to both. Okay, I'll get off the fence. I feel that George needs to be needed, and the older, refined, educated, truly independent woman doesn't NEED him and he would feel intimidated by an "equal". He needs to help these other types so he can feel superior and "in control". He seems to control every other aspect of his life and career, why not his arm candy? Just My Very Humble Opinion...

I would be happy to have a man who likes to open the door
not figuratively
but for real!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 12 Sep 2011, 02:16

Ditto It's Me!!!! Long, long time since I've had that kind of courtesy!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 02:22

Me, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 12 Sep 2011, 05:11

melbert wrote:I feel that George needs to be needed, and the older, refined, educated, truly independent woman doesn't NEED him and he would feel intimidated by an "equal". He needs to help these other types so he can feel superior and "in control". He seems to control every other aspect of his life and career, why not his arm candy?
Yep, my feeling totally. That's where I think there's something wrong with him, in that he needs that huge power imbalance.

It's also only going to get worse as he gets older. A 40-something dating a 30-something is repellant enough as it is, but now he's in his 50s, it's looking horrible. Don't forget he met and introduced Stacy into his life a couple of years ago when she was only in her 20s.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 12 Sep 2011, 15:06

Someone said earlier, and it might have been you Katie (sorry, major CRS), that even though George seems to be embracing his age, maybe he's not so much. Now, from where I sit, I don't consider 50 old. However, to the Sexiest Man Alive (2 times), 50 is yet another milestone and considered by some, the downhill slide. In his professional life, I think he's content with what he's done and still has planned to do. But, his private life, he doesn't want to admit he's 50, and considered over-the-hill by some. So to compensate for that, the sweet, young thangs... jmho
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:00

That woman needs to find a new hobby. Or get laid.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:16

I think she wants to get laid-----by George.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:24

Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:26

That woman has a right to her opinion, although I don't know why she had to air it on a video.

It's so obvious she's frustrated that she expected so much from him and he didn't live up to her ideals. A little self-centered maybe? He has the right to choose whomever he wants as a playmate without worrying about his fans' reactions to his choices. He's a person, like all of us and entitled to a private life without criticism.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 12 Sep 2011, 17:02

Katiedot wrote:
melbert wrote:I feel that George needs to be needed, and the older, refined, educated, truly independent woman doesn't NEED him and he would feel intimidated by an "equal". He needs to help these other types so he can feel superior and "in control". He seems to control every other aspect of his life and career, why not his arm candy?
Yep, my feeling totally. That's where I think there's something wrong with him, in that he needs that huge power imbalance.

It's also only going to get worse as he gets older. A 40-something dating a 30-something is repellant enough as it is, but now he's in his 50s, it's looking horrible. Don't forget he met and introduced Stacy into his life a couple of years ago when she was only in her 20s.

Older men date younger women because it makes them feel young, also.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:36

I agree MM, but I still think it's a control type thing too.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down