I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Messing with the censor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Messing with the censor

Post by Katiedot on Sun Jan 23 2011, 10:50

melbert wrote:Man-lady of negotiable affection slut!!
haha! You fell foul of the auto-censor! It's replaced one word you used with other words.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun Jan 23 2011, 15:27

You noticed hunh Katie??? After I posted it, you know the page comes back to your post and I thought, what the hell, that's not what I posted. But when I read it, I just started giggling and left with no follow-up, just wondering if you guys would think I was really brilliant coming up with words like that!! But, of course, Katie called me out!! lololol

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello on Wed Aug 10 2011, 22:00

I am completely lost. Is the auto-censor replacing everything with a metaphor? And what did mel start with that ended as 'man-lady of negotiable affection extremely sociable lady'?

Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello on Wed Aug 10 2011, 22:03

Oh no, I didn't help the situation at all there, I'm afraid. Did the auto-censor just censor its own censoring there?

But, oddly, it has helped me figure out mel's original comment, I think. Weird

Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie on Thu Aug 11 2011, 01:27

Ello wrote:I am completely lost. Is the auto-censor replacing everything with a metaphor? And what did mel start with that ended as 'man-lady of negotiable affection extremely sociable lady'?

I think Melbert meant man-sl*t but the sensor changed it.

MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu Aug 11 2011, 02:08

What I originally said was "man-wh*re sl*t", but the big censors in the blogospher didn't like wh*re. But, I've seen it several times since, so we'll see if it goes through now.

and I put it through review first and it changed, so now I'm going to fool it and see if it will go through. Oh, and it doesn't like sl*t either, so I'm changing that before I hit send.

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Messing with the censor

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 11 2011, 02:57

melbert wrote:What I originally said was "man-wh*re sl*t", but the big censors in the blogospher didn't like wh*re. But, I've seen it several times since, so we'll see if it goes through now.

and I put it through review first and it changed, so now I'm going to fool it and see if it will go through. Oh, and it doesn't like sl*t either, so I'm changing that before I hit send.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 11 2011, 04:20

OK, I guess I need to explain this. I'm generally open minded and don't like censorship of any form, but as a feminist there are certain derogatory words used against women that make me see red.

So, knowing that a lot of George's fans tend to be a little, um prudish (forgive me, but it's true) this forum will automatically censors the words sl*t and wh*re (but not if you put asterisks in, obviously) and replaces them with other words.

I don't know whether to be proud or appalled that in fact the only time these words get used on the forum, they're being used to describe George.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin on Thu Aug 11 2011, 07:09

IMO I find it insulting that the topic on Stacey calls her a 'piece' ......

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 11 2011, 08:46

Very true. I think the author of the initial article was intentionally being insulting. I mean the actual article writer, not the person here who posted it.

I'm not about to start running a pc forum here because it would just become insane, not to mention boring.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Thu Aug 11 2011, 13:10

Merlin wrote:IMO I find it insulting that the topic on Stacey calls her a 'piece' ......

Agree, Merlin. Very rude!
(and that the author of the article should be blamed not the poster or the forum)

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 11 2011, 13:23

It's funny, a couple of months ago I wrote my friend's definition of George as a man w*ore (only used the actual spelling) and it changed it to the censored.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Thu Aug 11 2011, 13:27

@Katie--

If you are going to mess with the censor, wouldn't it be fun to add your own list of substitutions? I\'ve got an idea

The possibilities boggle...
Very Happy

Whatever you decide, I hope you keep the current filters in place.
"Man-lady of negotiable affection" is comic gold.

p.s. Apple in saecula saeculorum. Semper Mac! Laughing

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello on Fri Aug 12 2011, 19:42

I think it is better that George takes the flack and the labels rather than the women. He is in charge, he has all the experience, insulation and PR of the movie star and he is the focus of the people applying the labels. These women get plucked from nowhere and have a mountain of shit dumped on their heads. Even if the words fit, and they do, some of them, they haven't done anything to deserve the mountain, except date George, of course.

The censor is selective, it had a second go at Mel when I repeated her post. it must have missed the full meaning previously. It is a slacker censor.

Man Lady of Negotiable Affection, would be a good name for the next Bond film, after Quantum Solace.

Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:17

Haha! It's 'lady of negotiable affection' and 'extremely sociable lady' and yep, would make good Bond film names.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb on Sun Aug 14 2011, 19:10

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I loved all of this!! Have any of you seen Damnyouautocorrect.com? It is a site where people have sent text's to people only to have them "autocorrected" after they sent them. Some of them are just too funny!!! Halo

janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon Aug 15 2011, 05:27

I LOVE that site - check it every day. My other daily fave is www.textsfromlastnight.com

BTW, welcome back to the forum, Janie. Thought we'd lost you!

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie on Mon Aug 15 2011, 12:17

janieb wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I loved all of this!! Have any of you seen Damnyouautocorrect.com? It is a site where people have sent text's to people only to have them "autocorrected" after they sent them. Some of them are just too funny!!! Halo

I love that site. If you're having a bad day, its good for a giggle.

MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 04:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum