George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair

4 posters

Go down

Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair Empty Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair

Post by Admin Sun 25 Aug 2019, 19:19

Aww, you've gotta love the hair, dontcha?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=44]Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair
For this week's Style Archive, we share Gorgeous George's curls of wisdom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BY MURRAY CLARK
19/08/2019[/size]

JIM SMEAL
Style Archive: a series in which we celebrate the stars of the past that made menswear what it is today. This week, getting ahead of George Clooney's follicular safari.

[size][size]
Today, the name 'George Clooney' conjures a familiar image in the click-happy hive mind of pop culture. He's often besuited. Sometimes boasts a close beard. And he almost always resides below an impressive, neat crop of well-seasoned hair.
It takes quite some time to be so uniformly interpreted by the collective consciousness. Elephants, and Twitter, never forget. And yet forget they have, as Clooney - a man known for a classic wardrobe - took a long time to arrive at his current mop.
For back in the times of a pre-Batman George, in the heady days when he dated models that co-hosted British radio breakfast shows, the 58-year-old ran the gamut of era-centric haircare.
[/size][/size]
Frank Edwards

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
[size][size]

First there was the tousled mane circa 1985, strong evidence of wildly strong genes and a recent procurement of a lead role in little-known Cali bro action film Red Surf (23% on Rotten Tomatoes, but still worth a watch for Clooney's mighty sideburns).

And lest we forget blonde George of 1998. And slick-back Jay Gatsby George of 1992. And, indeed, a series of Georges that explored every trend possible pre and post millennium. Of course, it's easy to sniff. But realise that without the Sunny D locks of an Out Of Sight-era Clooney - one of the first to indulge in the big bleaching bonanza of the early 90s - we'd arguably have no Zayn Malik reaching for the hair dye. The same could be said for Zac Efron, too. Or perhaps even a pink-haired Jonah Hill.
[/size][/size]
Getty Images
[size][size]
Because being young is to roll with trends, to explore new things before settling upon the style that truly, endlessly works. You're at a certain age now, says society, you should have 'found' yourself. But Clooney took his time and – by way of Disney prince curls, French crops and even platinum locks – took some risks too. That's the way to do it.[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair Empty Re: Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair

Post by Doug Ross Sun 25 Aug 2019, 21:15

I really like his curly hair.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair Empty Re: Remembering Young George Clooney's Ever-Changing Hair

Post by Admin Sun 25 Aug 2019, 21:21

I still like him bleach blond!  I know he claims he only did it for a bet and it wasn't around for very long, but it suited him.  Lucky one of his best mates is a hair stylist because that could have gone horribly wrong if he'd done it himself (which I think we were meant to believe he did, but looking at the pic now, it strikes me as unlikely).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 25 Aug 2019, 21:31

I kind of like it too. It's a way different look for him. I wonder what kind of parts he'd have been offered if he had kept the blond hair. Somehow I think  his career might have taken a whole different trajectory. It's not a look that would have worked in a lot of the roles he played.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Aug 2019, 23:01

Nope, hate the blond loved him with dark hair and love it now.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down