I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

February Chit Chat

Go down

February Chit Chat

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 17:58

Hey, February started one week ago, and nobody wants to chat?

I've got to tell you something really moving:

Last Wednesday, my husband went to our local gas station. After fueling, he had a chat with the owner who's a friend of us. She suddenly said: "I'm sorry, I just see my daughter's leaving, and I need to tell her something important!" So she ran across the street to her house, stood behind her daughter's car - who didn't look into the rear-view mirror and ran her over.
My husband just heard somebody screaming horribly, alarmed others and ran to the house. They could just see her hair but she was screaming (well, her daughter as well), so she was obviously conscious. My husband called the ambulance and told them that they might need a helicopter since she obviously needed to be taken to a trauma clinic.
The men then tried to get her from under the car: they couldn't drive it since this would have injured her even more, but they also weren't able to lift the carwith their manpower. So they needed the help of thr local fire brigade and their equipment and manpower to lift the car, but when the ambulance arrived, the doctors were able to help her.
The helicopter took her to the next university hospital, and she's in intensive care there. Since the car drove over her legs, pelvis and shoulder, she's got several fractures and quite mild (at least when you think that a car ran over her) internal injuries, needed several surgeries and it will last a long time until she'll be able to do everything like before. But one of the tyres missed her head by just one inch, and if she wasn't as slender as she is, the car had crushed her to death. And she's not hovering between life and death. So - as bad as this accident was - I think that she must have had a very active guardian angel...

When my husband came home that day, he started to cry when he told me all about it. We called her husband who didn't know anything yet but wanted to go to the hospital. He simply couldn't because his daughter (20 years old) was so exhausted about nearly having killed her mom that he didn't want to leave her alone. We've visited him a few times, he seems to be more worried about his daughter than about his wife. Well, I'm sure that's not the case, but we saw the girl as well, and she's in a really bad mental constitution. I've told her father that I would look for a good psychologist, but it all seems to be a bit too much for him at the moment. I just hope everything - and everyone - will be okay...

I hope February didn't start as bad for you...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 18:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: February Chit Chat

Post by annemarie on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 18:06

That is horrible , I hope the woman makes a full recovery. It will take a lot of help for the daughter to get through this.

annemarie
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 18:28

Shocked I pray the God of Heaven be with them all.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 22:03

So sad
Poor family!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 22:25

How terrible for all of them. I can't imagine the guilt that poor girl must be feeling. And her poor father. He's probably trying to stay strong for his daughter's sake. When they're ready I hope they get the help they need. At least he knows that his wife is healing.

I think you're right, Carol. Her guardian angels were looking after her that day.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 16:23

What an awful accident Carol.  Thanks for sharing with us Carol.  Just reminds you how your life can change in an instant.  Seems that both the mom and daughter are victims and both will need time and care to recover.
You have to look on the bright side in that the mom didn’t die from her injuries.  Think of the guilt her poor daughter would have had to bear for the rest of her life.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 16:45

Albert Finney has died.  Very talented actor.  ‘Two For the Road’ with Audrey Hepburn is a sentimental favorite of mine.  Wasn’t he in ‘Oceans Twelve’ ... played Catherine Zeta Jones’ father?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 18:40

Yes, he was. He got his start in "Tom Jones", which is absolutely hilarious and one of the best movies ever. He was wonderful in that and almost everything else he did.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 01:40

/...and nominated for five Oscars - but never turned up. He lived in London (and was the son of a Manchester bookie)but always said it was a very long way to go for a very long party!

Just watched him in a film with Michael Gambon and Felicity Jones set in Ireland. Brilliant accent - and a colossus at it. Remember him very well in Erin Brockovich

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 06:29

... and do you remember him as Hercule Poirot in 'Murder in the Orient Express', the first one with Sean Connery, Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, ...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 13:23

Carolhathaway, I remember that movie very well. He was almost unrecognizable and his accent was hilarious! I saw him in so many movies, but I think my favorites are Tom Jones and Two For the Road.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:15

Is it just me or does the California Governor look like the "Joker"?

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:17

??

Dunno, but his wife used to go out with George

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 20:09

Shocked
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 20:10

PAN - Who's his wife? scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 22:52

Lizzy, Jennifer Siebel is Newsom’s wife.  George dated her briefly.  She was an actress. I can only remember a couple of pap shots of them canoodling after a bike ride.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 00:48

Thanks, Donnamarie. Never heard of her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 14:42

Me either. I suspect she's one of several old one-week stands. I remember George being photographed after a night out with one young woman, whose claim to fame was being a one-time cast member of a little-known reality show. Never saw her again, I'm assuming because he was simply keeping himself 'occupied' while between real girlfriends.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 15:01

The only bits of this one I remember are that she was a friend of Celine Balitran, they'd all been on holiday together - and George was livid when the paps caught them!

Remembrance 2 - she was also politically aware and involved in philanthropic stuff

Scroll down.......http://www.trendnet.me/jennifer-siebel-george-clooney.html

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 15:29

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 15:59

Happy valentines day to all .

annemarie
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 17:01

PAN - He was such a baby in those photos! I do like the first one a lot, though - (the solo shot).

Wishing all a Happy Valentine's Day! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum