George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
January 2019 Chit Chat EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

January 2019 Chit Chat

5 posters

Go down

January 2019 Chit Chat Empty January 2019 Chit Chat

Post by carolhathaway Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:28

Well, it's closer to February than to December, but since we posted in the December Chit Chat threat until about a week ago, I thought it's sorth opening a threat chatting in January.

Because I want to tell you something:
Our local church choir had rehearsed a special composition, 'Stabat Mater' by Sir Karl Jenkins (CBE), a Welsh musician and composer. Our choir performed Stabat Mater at several concerts, and someone filmed it and published it on Youtube.
Because somebody liked it that much, our choir received an invitation to celebrate the Stabat Mater at a concert to celebrate Jenkins' 75th birthday. In front of Sir Katl Jenkins himself! At the Carnegie Hall in New York!
So yesterday, the whole choir (plus several partners), about sixty alrogether, flew to JFK airport, will have lots of rehearsals before this event will happen. I know several of these singers (I sing in a different choir), and they all are really excited about that. And I'm not jealous at all. I'm not! Well, maybe a little. Or a lot. But it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience for them, and I'm sure that they will enjoy every second of it.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

January 2019 Chit Chat Empty Re: January 2019 Chit Chat

Post by it's me Sat 19 Jan 2019, 11:03

Nice! Very Happy
Let us know how it went Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:26

Carol - I hope they have a wonderful trip. Carnegie Hall is beautiful and the acoustics there are wonderful. How long will they stay in NYC? Is it just the one performance? I'm going to see if tickets are available.

Too bad it wasn't your choir that made the trip. I'd love the chance to meet one of my favorite COH friends!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:54

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 19 Jan 2019, 17:11

Nice song!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 19 Jan 2019, 17:19

Thanks

Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 19 Jan 2019, 22:24

LizzyNY wrote:Carol - I hope they have a wonderful trip. Carnegie Hall is beautiful and the acoustics there are wonderful. How long will they stay in NYC? Is it just the one performance? I'm going to see if tickets are available.

Too bad it wasn't your choir that made the trip. I'd love the chance to meet one of my favorite COH friends!
Lizzy,

thanks, I would have loved to get the chance to meet you as well! We actually sang one composition by Karl Jenkins, 'Adiemus'. Maybe you've heard about it, it was used for a tv spot of Delta Airlines.

There will just be one concert on Monday:

https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2019/01/21/The-Music-of-Sir-Karl-Jenkins-0700PM

I think it's a rare occasion - usually you don't have the chance to perform compositions in front of the composer himself, usually he's long gone, especially when you perform classical or church music.

Most of the group will return on Wednesday, some will extend their stay to do some sightseeing - which I would love to do. I know that they plan to visit 'Steinway & Sons'. Did I ever tell you that they had left my hometown (where they had started to build pianos) to build pianos in NYC. It's an awesome story, and there's still a connection between these two places. I think I'd love to go there...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 20 Jan 2019, 00:20

You're right. It is an amazing opportunity to perform a composers work with them in the audience. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the performance.

I hope the weather doesn't spoil your friends' plans. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow (not too much) and then it's going to get very cold. If they're going to be out and about they'll have to bundle up! I also hope our government  shutdown doesn't complicate their travel plans.

That's really interesting about Steinway coming from your town. Do they still have a presence there? I've passed by their store here, but never gone in. I'm not a musical person ( I sing like a frog and my hands are too small for piano - besides, I can't read music and keep time at the same time. Very Happy) but I admire people who have musical talent.

You said there's a video on Youtube. Do you recall what it is called? I'd like to see it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 21 Jan 2019, 16:53

Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day  Honoring a true Hero!

January 2019 Chit Chat Th?id=ABT5B474164D12BFC131AF02D439F17B9E82E1DB87785339B1B4DC52BE736316CC6&w=608&h=200&c=2&rs=1&pid=SANGAM
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 21 Jan 2019, 17:21

Hello Everyone 

I enjoyed your story carol and hope all goes well today, Monday.
Maybe there will be a YouTube of the choir singing ??
Do let us know if there is.

What a lovely Sculpture of M L K.....where is it ?

COH friends......
Hope you are all well and coping with whatever
the winter months throw at you.
Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 21 Jan 2019, 17:52

This statue is ‘Stone of Hope,’ part of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial that opened in 2011 in West Potomac Park, Washington, DC. The title of the 30-foot granite sculpture comes from a line in King's ‘I Have A Dream’ speech: ‘Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.’ Across the country today, volunteers will spend their day giving back in honor of Dr. King. His birthday was made a federal holiday in 1983, and in 1994 Congress designated the event as a national day of service, inviting citizens to observe the holiday by improving their communities.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 21 Jan 2019, 20:10

Hello! Hi, Jo! I've missed you. I hope all is well. We're freezing our tootsies off today, (high temp @15 degrees F. Factor in the wind and it feels about 6-7 degrees.) but it isn't expected to last. Tomorrow should get us back to "normal". I can't remember the last time my windows frosted over!

Spending the day indoors finishing up a baby gift for a friend and making a vat of chicken soup. Very Happy  Every time I see the weather report I get the chills. The soup should just hit the spot - and it makes the house smell great!

Hoping George will pop his head up and do something interesting soon. He's practically become the invisible man lately. He's so inconsiderate, giving his fans so little to talk about! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 21 Jan 2019, 21:53

Hi Lizzy,

I'm sorry I've disappeared for the ladt two days, but I was very busy, had a surprise visit by friends yesterday and had an important meeting today.

I've just tried to find the video of our choir on youtube but couldn't find it. I thought that a friend who sings in the choir and is in NYC at the moment (preparing for the concert, I guess) described the selection this way, but maybe I misunderstood her (maybe they sent the video as an application, or maybe they just recorded the music and uploaded it somewhere. I really need to ask her when she's back.

If you just want to listen to the composition, here's a really good performance:

https://youtu.be/a791Ty9_CrA

That's Jenkins' composition I performed with my choir about ten years ago (but it's not us!):

https://youtu.be/Z7kyEptalJA

I really can't wait to listen to their experiences, to hear about their adventure...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 21 Jan 2019, 21:56

By the way:

Tony Mendez passed away. He was the CIA agent George's movie 'Argo' is based on.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jan 2019, 00:20

Carol, I didn't have time to listen to the whole composition, but the performance of Adiemus was wonderful. Thanks for posting the link.
I saw the news about Tony Mendez. He wasn't that old. Sad.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jan 2019, 17:33

LizzyNY wrote:Carol, I didn't have time to listen to the whole composition, but the performance of Adiemus was wonderful. Thanks for posting the link.
I saw the news about Tony Mendez. He wasn't that old. Sad.

Odd coincidence: There was a piece in the NY Daily News today about a loose scaffold on a building that used to be the home of Steinway & Sons on W 57th St. (They opened a new showroom/performance space at ll33 Avenue of the Americas in 2015.)
Sorry. Hit the "quote" button instead of "edit". Super klutz on the move!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down