George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin

+7
LizzyNY
ladybugcngc
Doug Ross
it's me
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin Empty George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin

Post by carolhathaway Fri 12 Oct 2018, 22:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry, can't copy the article or the video  Crying or Very sad
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin Empty Re: George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Oct 2018, 00:02

Thanks so much, Carol.

Brilliant speech by George.

(video gets interrupted by ads - but ut gets there eventually.

Will try and find Emma's acceptance speech..........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin Empty Re: George introduced Emma Gonzalez at Power Of Women Event - and critisizes the Trump administratiin

Post by Donnamarie Sat 13 Oct 2018, 00:30

Telling it like it is.  Terrific words spoken by George.  What an honor for Emma to be presented this award by George.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Oct 2018, 01:59

The full video........with George's speech and introduction

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2018, 15:03

A lil digression

(see next please)

Last edited by it's me on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 15:10; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2018, 15:04

A lil digression
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Same combo?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 13 Oct 2018, 15:44

Yes, he's very thin. 

I don't know why, but George has always period when is thinner than usual. Maybe when he works more?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 13 Oct 2018, 16:09

work, work...  Neutral …  Arrow …  Sad 

work is great, too much work  Sad 

Neutral
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 13 Oct 2018, 17:55

Doug Ross -  I remember being surprised how thin he was when I saw him in person. I think he's always been thinner than we thought and maybe has the body type that gets thinner with age. He still looks good, though. Very Happy

He and Emma both gave thoughtful, powerful speeches. Too bad they'll probably be heard mostly by people who already agree with them. The people who need to hear the message most won't even listen.

Last edited by LizzyNY on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 18:01; edited 1 time in total
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2018, 17:58

ladybugcngc wrote:work, work...  Neutral …  Arrow …  Sad 

work is great, too much work  Sad 

Neutral

Pain?

Or Regrets?

Comunque sí
É vero
Si é un po' rinsecchito
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 13 Oct 2018, 18:26

it's me wrote:Comunque sí
É vero
Si é un po' rinsecchito
Neutral  yes
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Oct 2018, 18:55

Yep, Totally agree,Lizzy. Can confirm he is thin - and tall (said somebody who's 5ft tall).........altho we know from what he's said that he has to work at it, whereas Amal has a tiny frame and bone structure to begin despite her height

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sat 13 Oct 2018, 20:26

George Clooney Gets Poltical During Variety's Power of Women Event
George Clooney got political while taking the stage at Variety’s Power Of Womenevent in Los Angeles.
The 57-year-old actor stepped out at the luncheon on Friday (October 12) at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of George Clooney
While introducing Emma Gonzalez to the stage, George spoke out about the current state of the government and encouraged everyone to take part in the upcoming midterm elections.
“When you call an entire religion your enemy, you might very well make an enemy out of an entire religion. When you tell a whole race of people that you value them less, you can’t be surprised when they question your values. When you tell women that coming forward to testify about their abuse is a joke, don’t be shocked when they’re standing on your lawn, laughing on November 7th,” George said.
He added, “After all the jokes, and insults, and reality show frenzy, what will be remembered, what will stand the test of time, is holding responsible these wolves in wolves’ clothing.”

Just Jared on Facebook

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 13 Oct 2018, 20:48

Thumbs up!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2018, 21:47

Thanks for pictures
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Oct 2018, 22:22

Here are some more............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Oct 2018, 22:42

Thanks again

It's always a pleasure to listen to him
If he is saying proper things silent

(Nice skirt and shoes she had )

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 14 Oct 2018, 12:17

party animal - not! wrote:Here are some more............

I followed the link above... I stayed for 20/25 minutes mostly reading comments and am now back here....

What can I say... we ALL change, I’ve done s total 360’ in the last 5 years.... I have to wonder is it the same for George.....

COH, being here is the ONLY THING THAT HAS AT ANYTIME MADE ME THINK THAT I MAY HAVE HAD OR BEEN HAVING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES......

I have donned my tin hat here at COH more than a few times... I have always turned off the screen and thought “that may have sounded nuts’....

I read a comment today where someone said “was Clooney blackmailed”, to explain his never ending monologue/agenda of the last 4/5 years .....To my shame I heard a quiet voice deep inside me whisper SPOT ON.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 14 Oct 2018, 12:44

Pics of George at the event:

carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Oct 2018, 13:16

But, WWHS, this is who he's always been and how he was brought up, isn't it? The fact that we hear less of his film career and more of what he believes merely shows that this is probably what he's always wanted.

He's lucky enough to have the platform to influence and to use it wisely.....(some don't - K West and company, the couple who used the March for Our Lives as publicity for themselves for example).

I watched Amal's full speech in Pennsylvania and in talking about Nadia Murad, she said that last Thursday the phone rang at 4 a m while they were asleep. George answered it because it was from his folks - and his mother said 'Have you heard? Nadia's been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize!').........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Oct 2018, 13:30

carolhathaway wrote:Pics of George at the event:

I love Gina Rodriguez!! I love you Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Oct 2018, 13:35

"I MAY HAVE HAD OR BEEN HAVING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES......"

Oh my
Me too WWHS  Shocked

@ Clooney blackmailed
There has to be something
The whole thing is too strange

"I heard a quiet voice deep inside me whisper SPOT ON....."

Spot on

As ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 14 Oct 2018, 13:53

it's me wrote:"I MAY HAVE HAD OR BEEN HAVING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES......"

Oh my
Me too WWHS  Shocked

@ Clooney blackmailed
There has to be something
The whole thing is too strange

"I heard a quiet voice deep inside me whisper SPOT ON....."

Spot on

As ?

Spot on.... means I agreed BLACKMAIL:x.....

Or could it be, just like me a mental health issue....totally coping and functioning as normal at break neck speed but an inability to see the whole story.... a facility to ignore my own choices as being misguided and the subsequent repercussions as catastrophic ....an inability to to believe the choices I made were “for the best”..... just not for me... not the best for me....

As PAN says everything in GC’s garden is rosy....I’m talking about me ahem....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Oct 2018, 15:51

inability to see the whole story

Hmmmmm

Rosy?
As pink glasses look?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 14 Oct 2018, 20:08

I don't think there is anything wrong with George he is just as he always has been. He has never been overly heavy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 14 Oct 2018, 20:11

I don't think there is anything wrong with George he is just as he always has been. He has never been overly heavy.

He looks great handsome  and happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Oct 2018, 22:30

I saw him more happy than that
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 14 Oct 2018, 23:53

It's Me - Smile Maybe he was missing the wife and kids. Actually, I thought he looked ok, but it seems to me he is showing his age, and then some. Being so thin ages him, and the white chin whiskers don't help. IMO he looked a bit scruffy and rumpled.

WWHS - What kind of blackmail are we talking about? I got the impression the changes he's made have come from wanting to work more behind the camera (vanity) and expand his humanitarian efforts (perhaps Amal's influence). I'd also think he'd want to spend as much time with his kids as he can, while he can.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 15 Oct 2018, 00:26

I think your right Lizzy.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 16 Oct 2018, 01:25

@Lizzy my comment came as a result of following PANs link to DM....and the dreaded dreaded comments.... one of which said something like “ what’s happened to Clooney? It has to be blackmail” .....dumb stupid comment.... but it dragged me back to that “what if” frame of mind, that comment and the multitude of disparaging horrid comments caused me to put my tin hat on.... AND that makes me feel the bumps on my head, and wonder off straight thinking.....there is always two ways of looking at things.... I prefer to stay on the bright side....

As a result of the above posts.... I did go down the rabbit hole and this is what I found....

The most damaging and dangerous form of blackmail, is the the blackmail we do to ourselves .... I should do this or that... I must do this or that... you know the sort of stuff....emotional blackmail either done to you by another (cruel) or done to yourself is nothing short of a precursor to mental health flu....and all that goes with it...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 16 Oct 2018, 03:09

WWHS - I had to go back and read the comments to the DM article PAN posted because I hadn't read them before. I was looking for the "blackmail" post you mentioned. I think I found it, but I'm not sure it was the right one. I couldn't keep looking because the comments were so sick-making.

It wasn't just that they were nasty about George. That's a given for DM comments. Lots of jealous, pathetic little men angry at George because he gave up the swinging bachelor life they were living vicariously through him. And they're angry at women because they're afraid we'll treat them the way they've treated us. So worried about emasculation. So insecure. Sad.

If you're worrying about mental health, worry about theirs.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 16 Oct 2018, 03:45

Interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Oct 2018, 04:27

Agree Lizzy jealousy is so ugly , George chose love and  to share his life with the woman he loves they  chose to have a family.
I think he is probably happier now than he ever was single.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 16 Oct 2018, 04:35

Interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Oct 2018, 06:02

A fully new point of view

the blackmail we do to ourselves

Thank you
It deserves some speculation
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 18 Oct 2018, 00:04

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - I had to go back and read the comments to the DM article PAN posted because I hadn't read them before. I was looking for the "blackmail" post you mentioned. I think I found it, but I'm not sure it was the right one. I couldn't keep looking because the comments were so sick-making.

It wasn't just that they were nasty about George. That's a given for DM comments. Lots of jealous, pathetic little men angry at George because he gave up the swinging bachelor life they were living vicariously through him. 

Here’s the thing....I think the comments  “backlash” has very little to do with scrapping the bachelor lifestyle OR his marriage....

One fine day when I get the time I will do a compare and contrast of comments from 4/5 years ago and now/present day .... You would NOT believe they are talking about the same man....I’m baffled and as is my nature curious .....Wink
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 18 Oct 2018, 00:51

WWHS - Far be it from me to tell anyone how to spend their time, but that's one pastime I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. I will say that I think a lot of the earlier comments were from jealous men who wished they had his life. Nowadays I think they are still around but the truly nasty comments, IMO, are politically motivated trolls and bots. They're repetitive and keep hitting the same notes over and over again. Either they're bots or so unimaginative that they have to echo each other's words.

George has too wide an audience and is too respected for the conservative Trump trolls. It drives them crazy that this guy they've always been jealous of, who has the nerve to not agree with their politics, has so much respect and such a good life while they run around trying to force the world back to the 1950's.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 18 Oct 2018, 23:53

WWHS...

Doing a 360 (degree turn) puts you right back where you started. A circle is 360 degrees.

I assume what you meant was that you are 180 degrees different from five years ago. That would mean starting at one point and ending up at the exact opposite end of a line leading from there.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 19 Oct 2018, 12:54

@ the blackmail we do to ourselves

Do really G could have done that?
Under which idea?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 20 Oct 2018, 01:32

@way, that explains why I can never find my car in the car park .....

@Lizzy, the comments as I remember them some years ago were almost 99.9% heroic....nice guy, ordinary bloke kind of stuff... people and men included found him very relatable.... there was an easy familiarity to him, a no BS zone that surrounded him... a fond respect... as well as the honest admiration .... as I said nothing like the comments now...

@IM.... sometimes we seal our own fate by trying so hard to heal or help another’s.... ever heard the saying “no good turn goes unpunished”.... It is possible to let kindness and the thrill of being kind become addictive.... never a good thing...when what motivates you comes from the head and not the heart your in trouble....the head can talk you in to anything(blackmail yourself) heart can’t do that...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Oct 2018, 05:51

no good turn goes unpunished

??

Horrible !!

Well
I guess I understand

He better be bit more ... Egotist sort of?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 Oct 2018, 14:10

WWHS - I see what you mean and I guess it's a combination of things that have changed. George isn't "Danny Ocean" any more. He's a grown-up, married family man and a businessman. Probably so are many of his fans. He isn't front and center in the media any more and he isn't starring in blockbuster films, either. I guess the fans that admire him as a good guy still do - they just have accepted that he's moving on just like they have.

I think the nastiness comes from a couple of places. As I said, I think a lot of it is political. As long as he has any kind of media profile those bots will keep posting.

The other source may be people who resent his charitable and humanitarian work (and his politics). They feel like it's easy for him to preach. He's rich. He's got it all and he doesn't even live here any more. If he was in their shoes he wouldn't be so smug. (Their view, not mine!)

Whether he's acting out of the goodness of his heart or because he's addicted to doing good, I don't know. I do know that he's making a positive mark on the world. - And you're right. No good deed goes unpunished!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Oct 2018, 14:27

I don't think he is addicted to giving, he is simply doing what he was raised by his parent's to do which is help those in need.
It doesn't matter where or who they are you help in anyway you can. 

George grew up poor , he has earned everything he has. Those who dislike him seem to not care that he comes from the same place they do and does know their struggles. Unlike the thing sitting in the White House.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 20 Oct 2018, 15:44

it's me wrote:no good turn goes unpunished

??

Horrible !!

Well
I guess I understand

He better be  bit more ... Egotist sort of?
Egotist - no.  George Clooney lives and breaths human kindness.

I think George Clooney had come into the knowledge of the "unscripted", length and breath of the unthinkable that can embody some who live among us.

Human Kind has to come into the knowledge our problems are not Republican or Democrat, Christian or Muslim, Black or White, Wealthy or Poor...  The truth is the "unthinkable" embodies those who believe they are entitled at any cost.

I think it's interesting the Law recognize children are NOT astute enough to enter into a contract, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, and do NOT address sexual relationship among children as illegal.  

We have to teach are children conflict can be settled without violence, sexuality has its place, and how to make responsible decisions regarding how to live a "responsible" life. 

I do believe as George Clooney moves into the next phase of his life, he will do so with a greater understanding of humankind.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 Oct 2018, 16:22

Annemarie  - To be fair, George's family was never really poor. They were, at worst, lower middle class for a while. He jokes about them moving when the rent was due, but his dad always worked and I don't think they ever went without.

I agree George has a better understanding of how most of us live than Drumpf does and does more to give back than Drumpf would ever dream of. That said, it is understandable that those who are struggling would see him as out of touch. He lives a comparatively luxurious life, protected from a lot of the problems of the rest of us - and most of the time he does it from outside the US in a luxury home none of us could afford. It's easy to believe someone like that could be out of touch. His success makes him an easy target.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Oct 2018, 17:08

Yes he is a easy target, and it's really sad . You would think the fact that someone like him who could say screw everyone 
and not help anyone is doing all he can would make a difference.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:00

I'm sorry for the typo.

I think George Clooney had "to" come into the knowledge of, the "unscripted" length and breath of the unthinkable that can embody some who live among us.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:32

Can you explain the meaning exactly
I am lost

Thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 20 Oct 2018, 19:22

ladybugcngc wrote:I'm sorry for the typo.

I think George Clooney had "to" come into the knowledge of, the "unscripted" length and breath of the unthinkable that can embody some who live among us.
As an Actor, Director, Screenwriter, and Producer George Clooney works with a script.   "Unscripted" is what I refer to as everyday life; length and breath are the degree someone will go to impose the unthinkable.  

Example, the "reality" of Rwanda is unthinkable. What happens when the unthinkable is the action of a Church Pastor, U. S. Elected Official, trusted associate, Doctor, Attorney, Mortgage lender...

My thinking here is over the last 5 years, George Clooney has come into a "greater" knowledge of the "unthinkable" that can embody those most trusted among us.  With this knowledge, as George Clooney moves into the next phase of his life, he has a "greater" understanding of the unthinkable that can embody life unscripted.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 Oct 2018, 20:12

Ladybug -If I'm understanding you, you're saying that as George gets older he has a better understanding of how inter-connected we all are in all phases of global life and that a lot of the time what he learns isn't pretty. I would think that's true of anyone who makes an effort to understand how our world works.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next