George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work

5 posters

Go down

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work Empty Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work

Post by annemarie Sun 02 Sep 2018, 12:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6122219/Woman-sues-employer-breaching-human-rights-told-wear-bra-work.html

[size=34]Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work[/size]

• An Alberta woman has launched a human rights complaint against her old job

• Christine Schell was told she had to wear a bra to work, was fired for disobeying

• Schell says because there is no similar rule for men, it's a human rights issue 

• The 25-year-old is still waiting to hear the outcome of her case

By HANNAH MOORE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 14:57 EDT, 1 September 2018 | UPDATED: 14:57 EDT, 1 September 2018

• Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F9C3F9000000578-6122219-Christina_Schell_was_fired_after_refusing_to_wear_a_bra_to_work_-a-132_1535827935400

+4

Christina Schell was fired after refusing to wear a bra to work, leaving her in breach of a newly designed dress code
An Alberta woman has filed a human rights complaint against her employer after she was told she had to wear a bra to work.
Christina Schell was fired after refusing to comply with an updated dress code, which meant she had to wear a bra or an undershirt while she worked outdoors serving tables. 
She told CBC when she confronted the general manager of the Osoyoos Golf Club, Doug Robb, she was told the rule was to protect her from members.

Schell claims he told her: 'I know what happens in golf clubs when alcohol's involved'.
The 25-year-old said she stopped wearing bras about two years ago, because she found them 'horrible'. 
Schell said she chose to use the human rights act to complain as she noticed men did not have the same amount of restrictions surrounding how they dressed. 
 'It's gender-based and that's why it's a human rights issue,' she said. 
'I have nipples and so do the men.'
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F9C4D5F00000578-6122219-image-a-130_1535827853099

+4

Schell says when she confronted her boss at the Osoyoos Golf Club (pictured), she was told the rule was not about her, but the behavior of the members
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F9C4C9700000578-6122219-image-a-131_1535827895266

+4

Schell says bras are 'horrible', and is not alone. This week, a McDonald's worker won her battle to go bra-free at work
 McDonald's cook Kate Gosek said she also struggled at work because of her choice not to wear a bra. 
Gosek, 19, told CBC she had been confronted by multiple managers at the store who were displeased with her choice. 
She said one female manager had gone as far as to poke her shoulder looking for a strap.   

'She just told me that I should put on a bra because, McDonald's - we are a polite restaurant and no one needs to see that.'
Gosek, who doesn't wear bras for comfort reasons, received an apology from two of her managers this week, with McDonald's Canada confirming there is no requirement for female employees.
Under discrimination law, it is illegal for employers: 'to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin'. 
While Gosek can now breathe easy she knows her employer has a positive view towards going bra-less, Schell is still waiting to hear back about the success, or lack thereof, of her human rights complaint.
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F9C406000000578-6122219-image-a-129_1535827843409

+4

Schell has not yet heard if her human rights complaint against the golf club will go forwards

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work Empty Re: Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 02 Sep 2018, 13:32

This sounds like a case for Amal Clooney.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work Empty Re: Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work

Post by it's me Sun 02 Sep 2018, 13:51

How much jealous is George Clooney?

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 02 Sep 2018, 16:06

This is a case that should be thrown out of court. This is why our courts are so backed up these nonsense suits.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 02 Sep 2018, 16:26

It sounds like nonsense;  I wondered why you posted it.  I thought Amal might be taking up this case.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 02 Sep 2018, 18:25

It is simply an article that I found silly so I posted it.  Not everything posted has to do with George and Amal that is why I posted it on this thread.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Sep 2018, 00:28

This might be a frivolous lawsuit, but there's a more serious one of a man suing because he was fired when he refused to go to Bible study classes.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 03 Sep 2018, 01:09

Really, Lizzy I haven't seen that one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 03 Sep 2018, 01:12

I found it, that is crazy he was paid to go to bible study.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6119153/Part-Native-American-man-sues-boss-fired-refusing-attend-Bible-study.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

[size=34]Part-Native American construction worker sues former boss for $800K after he was fired for refusing to attend Bible study[/size]

• Ryan Coleman, 34, an ex-convict from Oregon, has filed a lawsuit against Joel Dahl, owner of Dahled Up Construction

• Coleman's lawsuit says he was fired in April after he stopped attending mandatory Bible study classes during workday 

• Coleman said he is part-Native American and Christian Bible study is not 'his thing'

• Dahl's lawyer says it is for the employer to require his staff to attend Bible study  because he pays them to attend  

By SNEJANA FARBEROV FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 11:39 EDT, 31 August 2018 | UPDATED: 16:41 EDT, 31 August 2018

A part-Native American man has filed an $800,000 lawsuit against an Oregon construction company, claiming the owner fired him after he stopped attending Bible study.
Ryan Coleman’s complaint was filed in Linn County Circuit Court last week.
The lawsuit states that after the 34-year-old man was hired as a painter for Dahled Up Construction, owner Joel Dahl told him all employees were required to participate in regular Bible study sessions led by a Christian pastor during the workday.
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F91176A00000578-0-image-a-33_1535728562222

+4

Ryan Coleman is suing his former boss for $800,000, accusing him of firing him for refusing to attend Bible study 
Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F91175500000578-0-image-m-41_1535728669020

+4

Joel Dahl, of Dahled Up Construction, terminated Coleman in April, after the worker told him that as a part-Native American, he was not interested in Christianity 
Coleman allegedly told Dahl that the requirement was illegal but his employer wouldn’t budge.

According to the suit, Coleman, who is a convicted felon, obliged for nearly six months for fear of losing his job but was fired in April after telling Dahl he couldn’t go anymore because Christianity was not 'his thing.' 
'He said, "You’re not going to tell me how to run my own company,”' Coleman told The Oregonian. 'I said, "I’m not trying to tell you how to run your own company, but you’re not going to tell me what god to pray to.”' 
Coleman is half Caucasian and half Native American, with Cherokee and Blackfoot ancestry. 
The plaintiff said he had served time on drug and child neglect charges but has been sober for nearly for years. 
Dahl, a devout Christian who himself had struggled with addiction and served time for attempted assault, started his construction company in 2016 with the intent to help fellow ex-convicts get back on their feet, and hired Coleman in October 2017.

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F91174700000578-0-image-m-38_1535728646169

+4

Woman sues her employer for breaching human rights after she is told she must wear a bra to work 4F91173700000578-0-image-m-40_1535728659523

+4

Coleman (left), an ex-convict and recovering addict, said he loved his job and had been given a pay raise just two weeks before his firing. Dahl's lawyer says he has a right to make his workers attend Bible study because he pays them for it 
Coleman, a father-of-two who has recently regained custody of his children, said he loved his job on Dahl's crew and had received a pay raise just two weeks before his termination.  
Dahl’s Albany attorney, Kent Hickam, doesn’t dispute that Dahl requires employees to attend Bible study, but says it is legal because Dahl pays them to attend.
But Coleman's lawyer vehemently disagrees with that stance. 
'Unless you are a religious organization like a church, you cannot force your employees to participate in religious activities,' Corinne Schram told the paper. 
Coleman's lawsuit seeks $50,000 for lost income and $750,000 for 'mental stress, humiliation, inconvenience and loss of enjoyment of life.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 03 Sep 2018, 15:14

I think that here the employer is right. He knew before taking the job that he should have attend the Bible study, he was paid for this. You accept the job, you accept this condition too. And, by the way, you can attend Bible study and not believing in God.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Sep 2018, 17:44

In the first place, he did not know about the Bible study classes before he took the job, but attended for a while because he wanted to keep his job - although what Bible study has to do with painting houses is beyond me.

In the second place, in this country we are supposed to have freedom of religion. You cannot be required to participate in any religious services against your will. What if the man was a Christian and his boss Muslim? Would you say the employee should pray to Mecca four times a day because his boss wanted him to? Or if the employee was a Muslim and his boss was a Jew? Should he be required to attend sabbath services?And does it have any meaning at all if you are being paid to do it and are only there to keep your job? Or are you hoping something will rub off on him if he attends enough meetings?

IMO, your religious practices are private and have nothing to do with your work. I hope he wins his case.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 03 Sep 2018, 18:53

LizzyNY wrote:In the first place, he did not know about the Bible study classes before he took the job, but attended for a while because he wanted to keep his job - although what Bible study has to do with painting houses is beyond me.

Oh ok, I though I knew already, before taking the job.

I know that you can force anybody, I just didn't see the point of accepting a job that require you to do this thing, for some reason, and then not doing it. But again, I didn't understand that he didn't know before.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Sep 2018, 20:02

Didn't mean to jump all over you. This is an issue that is becoming very important here because the Evangelical Christian community is more and more seeking to impose their beliefs on everyone. Their smug assurance that theirs is the only way makes me furious!

Once, on spring break, my friends and I stayed at the same Florida hotel as an evangelical youth group. We were sitting around the pool one night and some kids from the group came over to chat. Soon they began to talk about religion and, when they found we didn't believe what they did, some of them became quite upset. One girl even began to cry because she liked us and didn't want us to go to Hell! When we asked them if all the other religions on earth were wrong, and all the people who believe in them would go to Hell they said "Yes". I find that kind of ignorant intolerance horrifying.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 05 Sep 2018, 01:30

It's ok, Lizzy, don't worry.

"I find that kind of ignorant intolerance horrifying."
I found it also worrying and extremely annoying.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down