George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important

2 posters

Go down

Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important Empty Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important

Post by Admin Fri 13 Apr 2018, 06:27

Interesting. I think it's kind of sad that the way women are preceived is so low that we actually have to make a big deal of this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=30]Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important[/size]

If you don’t already love her, this interview will

GROWING UP AS a teenage girl, and looking at the front pages of newspapers and covers of magazines, it’s hard not to feel that the only way to succeed in life as a woman is to win the beauty genetic lottery.
And then become a singer, actress or be on TV.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Source: HBO
[size][size]

So when Vogue unveiled their May cover star as Amal Clooney, an International Human Rights Lawyer and activist who has just turned 40 it created a little spark of joy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size][/size]
Source: Vogue by ANNIE LEIBOVITZ
[size][size]
It’s lovely to think of a girls seeing the cover and getting a more diverse representation of what a successful woman looks like, particularly in light of a poll released this week by Yougov.
In an interview with 37,000 people complied from 35 countries, the YouGov poll of ‘World’s Most Admired’ made for slightly depressing reading for women. Entertainers dominate the female top twenty, with 14 of the most admired women being actresses, singers or TV presenters, industries where beauty, something you are born with, is a huge asset.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Source: Yougov.co.uk
In comparison, the list of most admired men contains more people from political, business and sporting backgrounds, industries where talent and hard work create success and where the sharpness of your cheekbones holds zero weight.
Source: Fox/NewGirl
[size][size]
Nothing in itself wrong with this, but it’s great to give girls some role models of success who are celebrated in industries that aren’t based off of their looks.

*Enter stage left, Amal*

Source: PA Archive/PA Images
[size][size]
The Vogue interview is a refreshing piece that gives insight into an intelligent and articulate woman who is at the top of her field, and has interests outside of the working world.
Amal Clooney is candid about the doubts she has in her own career, despite being an Oxford Law graduate.
[/size][/size]
I remember all the stages in my career where I almost didn’t have enough confidence to try for something, almost didn’t have the guts to follow something I was excited about doing, because I didn’t know anyone else who’d done it or other people made me question it.
[size][size]
Source: DPA/PA Images
[size][size]
Amal is informed on many issues, offering articulate and thoughtful views on gun violence in the US….
[/size][/size]
I’ve seen lots of commentary where people have tried to say, ‘This isn’t about having too many guns or allowing semiautomatic and automatic weapons to be purchased too easily — surely this is about mental health, or about violence and movies.

The fact is, there are violent movies all over the world, and there are mental health issues in other countries. But this doesn’t happen in other developed countries. The difference is guns, and how widely and easily available they are.
[size][size]
…as well as offering some heartwarming words on the #MeToo movment:
[/size][/size]
I think because of the brave women who have come forward to tell their stories, the future workplace will be safer for my daughter than it was for people of my generation. We’re in a situation where a predator feels less safe and a professional woman feels more safe, and that’s where we need to be
[size][size]
On meeting George Clooney and falling in love, she had some interesting words to share:
[/size][/size]
It felt like the most natural thing in the world. Before that experience, I always hoped there could be love that was overwhelming and didn’t require any weighing or decision-making.
[size][size]
Source: DPA/PA Images
[size][size]
She continues, explaining her own awareness of the happiness that love can bring but her unwillingness to settle.
[/size][/size]
It’s the one thing in life that I think is the biggest determinant of happiness, and it’s the thing you have the least control over. Are you going to meet this person?

I was 35 when I met him. It wasn’t obvious that it was going to happen for me. And I wasn’t willing or excited about the idea of getting married or having a family in the absence of that.
[size][size]
Although she’s become well known for the beautiful and quirky clothes she wears, what is invigorating about Amal is that you get a sense that her sense of style has been developed to make herself happy. Not because she wants to look sexy and impress a man.
She’s set to co-host the Met Gala next month, and had this to say on fashion being a part of her life:
[/size][/size]
 I hate the idea that you somehow, as a human being, have to be put in a box. There’s no reason why lawyers can’t be fun—or actresses can’t be serious.
[size][size]
Source: ANNIE LEIBOVITZ for Vogue
[size][size]
Of course, we recognize the irony that she garnered fame because of who she got married to. But in fairness to Vogue, they really highlighted her career and her activism, over her marraige to George or her growing role as a regular on best-dressed lists.
The jokes about her only being famous because of George were apparent from the beginning of their relationship, and shows that everyone is aware of the irony:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
At the Golden Globes in 2015, Tina Fey addressed the absurdity of Amal only becoming well known when she became engaged to George Clooney, by saying:
[/size][/size]
Amal is a human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, was an adviser to Kofi Annan regarding Syria, and was selected for a three-person U.N. commission. So tonight her husband is getting a lifetime-achievement award.
[size][size]
In fairness to George, he was the one who gave the heartiest laugh[/size][/size]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important Empty Re: Here's why Vogue's cover story with Amal Clooney is so important

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 13 Apr 2018, 16:10

I think it's interesting someone felt the need to explain why it was important Amal Clooney was on the cover of Vogue.  

Not only is it important to have someone that is smart and beautiful on the cover of Vogue, it's important to show someone who hold operating in truth and representing life in truth to their highest regard. Living life in truth and representing one's life truth is character traits we expect in a Human Rights Attorney.  

I'm very glad they included a picture of Amal pregnant at the United Nations.  As I've stated before, I think it's a wonderful real life account Amal Clooney can pass on to her children, that she was pregnant with them when she spoke at the United Nations.  I'm sure Amal's Vogue Cover, life as a Human Rights Attorney, will never compare to giving birth to her children and life as their mother.

With all the fake news we have impose upon us, it's interesting to have Amal Clooney, a Human Rights Attorney on the cover of Vogue.  No respectable, trustworthy human rights attorney would allow false reports about her life to take root in news and entertainment magazines.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down