George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming

5 posters

Go down

Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming Empty Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming

Post by Admin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 05:42

Dammit, can't find a thread relating to this sighting, but surely we must have pictures?  The snarky side of me wants to know if it's really warm, or if she's finally run out of coats?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[center]Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming

OLIVIA BAHOU 
Apr 11, 2018 @ 11:00 am

The weather in N.Y.C. is finally feeling a little bit more like spring, and Amal Clooney is ditching her incredible coat collection in accordance. The lawyer was spotted heading to work on Wednesday morning in Manhattan in a short-sleeve black top and A-line skirt, no tights or jacket in sight.
Clooney’s pink rose-print skirt on a black background (shop similar here) is just the right amount of colorful for the unseasonably chilly spring weather, but her short sleeves and bare legs seem hopeful that balmy temperatures will soon be here. She completed her predictably chic ensemble with black and white pointed-toe stilettos, a top-handle satchel, and oversize sunglasses as per usual.

The outing comes one day after Clooney’s Vogue cover was released, where she takes readers inside her English countryside estate. In the interview, the human rights lawyer revealed details about her 10-month-old twins Ella and Alexander with George Clooney, saying that her husband was careful to ensure that “Mama”—not “Dada”—was their first word.
How chivalrous.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming Empty Re: Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming

Post by Admin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 05:48

Ah, the DM comes to the rescue!

Amal Clooney nails summer chic in stunning florals during NYC stay... after revealing all on finding love with George and life with their twins
By Ciara Farmer For Mailonline
[size=9]PUBLISHED: 14:41 BST, 11 April 2018 |
Amal Clooney, wife of actor George, has become famous in her own right as a barrister in international human rights law and as a fashion icon.
And once again, the 40-year-old legal eagle pulled it out of the sartorial bag on Wednesday as she emerged in New York while continuing her stint as a visiting Professor of Law at the city's Columbia University. 
Looking a vision, she made the most of the looming Spring weather as she sported a short-sleeved black shirt with a stunning floral pencil skirt while she boosted a two-tone court shoe with a complimentary black handbag. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+7

Stunner: Amal Clooney, wife of actor George, has become famous in her own right as a barrister in international human rights law and as a fashion icon - which she illustrated on Wednesday
Amal looked as stunning as ever as she strutted her stuff down the street in the elegant pencil skirt with a floral pattern worked through. 
To ensure the skirt stole the show, she paired the look with a plain black T-shirt which added to the black accents throughout the ensemble.  

Shortly before her outing, Amal gave a first insight into her life with her Hollywood star husband, as she candidly revealed how they first got together and discussing life as a mother to twins.
In a rare interview, she told Vogue how her romance with George, 56, came about after she attended a party at his house on Lake Como, Italy. 

+7

Floral fancy: And once again, the 40-year-old legal eagle pulled it out of the sartorial bag on Wednesday as she emerged in New York while continuing her stint as a visiting Professor of Law at the city's Columbia University

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming Empty Re: Amal Clooney Has Stopped Wearing a Jacket, So Spring Is Definitely Coming

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Apr 2018, 06:35

Well, the person who's walking in the background, is wearing a jacket and a hat, cap or similar, the man who's helping her getting into the car, also wears a jacket. Which still doesn't tell us anything because we don't feel warm or cold weather the same way. Somebody who's been ill, might feel he needs to wear warmer clothes, somebody who's been on a holiday in a very warm climate, might freeze at temperatures we usually see as warm. Somebody who needs to walk a long way, might dress differently to a person who doesn't walk more than ten steps between the house and the car. And somebody who might not just be your driver but also serves as your bodyguard, could wear a jacket to hide a weapon. But she's often dressed in lighter clothes than the people around her.

Lizzy, how's the weather in NYC?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:42

It was 50 degrees's in New York yesterday not cold but not hot either.

In the city I saw people in shorts and t shirts where I am. So as Carol said we all

feel the weather in different ways.

The mail comes up with the dumbest stories.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:35

In the interview, the human rights lawyer revealed details about her 10-month-old twins Ella and Alexander with George Clooney, saying that her husband was careful to ensure that “Mama”—not “Dada”—was their first word.
How chivalrous.

Just how did he accomplish that?????????????

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:37

That was obviously a joke , it said she smile coyly.  We know full well he couldn't do that.

I bet if asked , he will have a funny way to explain how he did it.

Last edited by annemarie on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:50; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:41

Carolhathaway - The weather is warming up, but it still isn't warm enough to go without a jacket or sweater, IMO - unless you're just going from your front door to the car. For the minute or so that takes I guess she's appropriately dressed.

Two things bugging me:
1.She seems to rarely wear pantyhose (tights to you guys in the UK) no matter the weather. Again, maybe this is because you don't need them if you're only going from house to car - or maybe it's a bad habit picked up somewhere.
2. For what that skirt must have cost, they could have done a better job of matching the fabric. The mismatch at the side seam is a rookie mistake.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:55

Annemarie,
sorry, I forgot that you live in NYC as well!

Last weekend the weather was very sunny and also warm here in Germany as well, so we had a bit of summer feeling - approx. 70 degrees, but if you got into a bit of a shadow or it was a bit windy, it was quite cold immediately. So when I went for a walk with my family, we wore jeans, shirts and light jackets (which we didn't really need). But I saw people in shorts which was definetely too cold for me.

Lizzy,
I also noticed that she hardly ever wears tights. Do you always wear tights when wearing skirts? In Europe, you usually wear them with skirts when it's too cold having naked legs (I'm just curious because you called it a bad habit).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:03

Lizzy there are women who simply don't like tights find them annoying and uncomfortable 

maybe she is one of them. I think we have seen her in tights one time.

Crazy as it looks they may have designed it to be that way. If not it shouldn't have been sold.

There are designers making clothing in polyester and selling it for thousands that is ridiculous.

Growing up I was taught that you wear tights or pantyhose with dresses and skirts. I don't wear either in

winter my legs get cold in 50 degree weather and I can't stand it. Today it is considered old fashioned

by some to wear them. Times and rules change I guess.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:13

I associate wearing tights with one of my first ever jobs where women weren't allowed to wear trousers at work (it was THAT sort of old-school five star London hotel).

I think the need to wear tights or be considered not appropriately dressed is gone now.

I still wear them in cooler weather because they cover a multitude of sins, even 10 denier in a natural colour, but as long as your legs are presentable I think no need for them.

I was also thinking about the pattern and in my mind I had it that the designer would always ensure the pattern continued around the seam - that was supposed to be the hallmark between store bought and proper, expensive designer. But then my little brain couldn't figure out how that would work: the pattern is the same size on the roll of cloth, but different size skirts would need different amounts of material so the pattern may not always go as far round. Then I decided it's not my problem and had a cup of tea instead.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Apr 2018, 15:12

OK! Here goes. I believe in dressing for comfort and the weather. If it's cold outside and I'm wearing a dress or skirt, I'm going to wear tights. If the weather is warm enough, I won't. If you're privileged enough to have a car waiting at the curb, I guess it doesn't matter what you wear.

Annemarie, I know some women aren't comfortable in tights and some consider them old-fashioned. IMO if you're willing to freeze your butt off to be "fashionable", knock yourself out! You're an idiot.

Katie -Re: skirt. Totally agree. It's the designer's problem, and at that price point they should have figured it out.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Apr 2018, 15:18

Too each their own if you like being cold I agree knock yourself out.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Apr 2018, 06:38

Snark alert!

Amal Clooney in Dolce&Gabbana, Making it Work
Posted on April 12, 2018

Darlings, here’s your style inspo for the day. Pin it to your Inspiration Board, hashtag “goals.”

PSYCH. That would be cruel. Fashion blogger bitches we may be, but even we don’t think an early morning commute to work in a thousand-dollar skirt is do-able for 99.99999% of the population, let alone looking that composed with cameras in your face when you’ve barely had your coffee.
What’s the opposite of an inspiration board? We know: you can pin this to your Self-Confidence board. You don’t have to look like this when you leave the house. You just have to act like you do. Flip that hair and take that imaginary call on your phone, darling. You’re fabulous.
Also: Amal really knows how to work a pap shot for someone who isn’t in entertainment or fashion. When candid photos on the fly wind up looking like million-dollar beauty ad campaigns, you’re dealing with a world-class pro.
All bitchery and joking aside, it really is a great look for her. And of course anyone who wanted to do so could pull a look like this together for real-world sidewalk sashay at a fraction of the price. We’re just kind of amused at how ridiculously effortless she makes it look.

[size]
Style Credits:
Dolce&Gabbana Floral Print Skirt
[/size]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 13 Apr 2018, 15:15

Amal really knows how to work a pap shot for someone who isn’t in entertainment or fashion. When candid photos on the fly wind up looking like million-dollar beauty ad campaigns, you’re dealing with a world-class pro.

Love it!!
George groomed her well for the press.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down