George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal's summer plans EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal's summer plans EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal's summer plans EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal's summer plans

+5
Donnamarie
PigPen
Admin
ladybugcngc
annemarie
9 posters

Go down

George and Amal's summer plans Empty George and Amal's summer plans

Post by annemarie Thu 05 Apr 2018, 20:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=34]George and Amal Clooney's Summer Plans Revealed[/size]
By: JESS COHEN 
Thu., Apr. 5, 2018 11:24 AM PDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images

George Clooney and Amal Clooney will be spending time in Italy this summer.
The couple, who will celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary in September, will be around Rome in the upcoming months.
"George will be in Italy this summer, around Rome, for a new show he is shooting, so they'll be spending a lot of time there," a source shares with E! News.
The country has significant meaning to the couple, who tied the knot in Venice, Italy in September 2014. But before they head off to Italy for the summer, George and Amal will be attending the Met Gala together in May, according to the source.
And in just two months, George and Amal's twins will celebrate their first birthday. The actor became a first-time dad last year when Amal gave birth to twins Alexander and Ella in June 2017.
George Clooney First Met Amal Clooney Without Having to Leave the House
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

"They are always traveling but once the kids are of the age to start school the plan for now is for them to have their education in the U.K.," the insider tells us.
A day after the twins' birthday, George is set to receive the AFI Lifetime Achievement award.
And while the actor and human rights lawyer are very busy with work and taking care of their twins, they do still manage to have date nights.
"When Amal and George have the time they do love to have date nights, whether that's going out to their favorite restaurants wherever they are around the world, or if they aren't going out they like having cozy nights at home where George will cook for Amal," the source shares. "He knows he's not the greatest cook but Amal still loves it!"
Inside George and Amal Clooney's World: Now This Is Fate Working Its Magic

The "Suburbicon" director and first time father says his twins are now eating solid foods which means diaper duty is "horrendous." Watch!
George recently opened up about first meeting Amal back in 2013 at his house in Lake Como, Italy.
"I didn't leave the house," George revealed in an interview with David Letterman on his Netflix show My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman. "No, it's the wildest thing. A mutual friend of ours said, 'I'm stopping by and can I bring my friend?' And I was like, 'Of course.' I got a call from my agent who called me and said, 'I met this woman who's coming to your house who you're gonna marry.'"
"And the funniest thing was my mom and dad were visiting, so my parents were there, and we just talked and we stayed up all night talking and then, you know, I got her email address 'cause she was going to send me some pictures of my parents and then, we started writing and I didn't really, I didn't know if she wanted to go out with me," George said. "I just thought, you know, we were buddies."

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal's summer plans Empty Re: George and Amal's summer plans

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 05 Apr 2018, 20:57

Dear George Clooney, it appears you're going to be in Italy for the summer and will NOT be using the Condo in New York.   As fate would have it, my friend and I will in in New York this summer. You could extend your brand new condo to us.  A little something to think about. 

You can have your people, call my people (that would be me) and we could work this out.  Your generosity will be greatly appreciated.   Cool
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Apr 2018, 05:16

Nice work, ladybugcngc, let us know how that works out!

--------------

Love how 'a source' gave all this information. I think any one of us could have put together the same information from publicly available news sources. Perhaps we should send out our own press releases? Ha!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Apr 2018, 05:17

Er, that wasn't a serious suggestion by the way!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 06 Apr 2018, 06:59

Admin wrote:Nice work, ladybugcngc, let us know how that works out!

To be honest, I don't really believe the George Clooney bought a condo story.  However if I get a call, I'll let you know.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 06 Apr 2018, 13:40

I think he did invest in more real estate.  With the sale of Casamigos, he's got to find tax shelters for all that $$$$.  Course- Amal's wardrobe probably absorbs alot of that, too.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 06 Apr 2018, 15:00

PigPen wrote:I think he did invest in more real estate.  With the sale of Casamigos, he's got to find tax shelters for all that $$$$.  Course- Amal's wardrobe probably absorbs alot of that, too.
In that case...  George Clooney:

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 06 Apr 2018, 15:54

I remember when they first married it was said by someone here I forget whom. That her allowance was 75,000 a month how they knew I don't know. George is not cheap and I'm sure he wants Amal to have the best of everything and he can afford it but let's not forget she has her own money as well.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 06 Apr 2018, 16:10

Hmmm the idea that Amal would ‘get’ an allowance is kind of funny.  Amal was most likely financially comfortable even before she met George.  Both Amal and George are pretty well off now and I imagine that they can afford just about anything they want.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 06 Apr 2018, 17:29

Seems to me their summer plans aren't too different than they've been for years - especially for him. Summertime is Lake Como time. If he really will be working in the vicinity of Rome, it isn't that far from home. He an commute.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 06 Apr 2018, 18:12

annemarie wrote:I remember when they first married it was said by someone here I forget whom. That her allowance was 75,000 a month how they knew I don't know. George is not cheap and I'm sure he wants Amal to have the best of everything and he can afford it but let's not forget she has her own money as well.

And let's not forget that she doesn't pay for some of her clothes. I'm pretty sure that she got sent stuff for publicity. But I could be wrong.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 07 Apr 2018, 05:20

No, I'd say most of her new wardrobe is on loan from the clothing designers. I'm kind of sad to see that because I always thought George was above that whole celebrity-wardrobe thing, being a star who doesn't need that kind of shitty 'publicity', but I guess times have changed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 07 Apr 2018, 09:05

George has said there are designers that want her to wear their clothes sometimes she does but most of the time she pays for her clothes. 

And George's Armani suits are not paid for by him the designer said himself he gave George a suit because he kept wearing the other one so much.

I think if she accepts things it's the fun pieces she probably pays for the work wear. I mean why would you pay for the leather pants if you didn't have too.

Not too mention a lot of the stuff is way over priced so why not borrow the things that are trendy and won't be worn again like those pants.

Then we could be wrong and she pays for everything why not they have the money.

Last edited by annemarie on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 09:56; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 07 Apr 2018, 09:17

I think she can borrow anything she like. She's a friend of people like Stella McCartney and Giambattista Valli, and has forever bought stuff from William Vintage and What Goes Around Comes Around - and now I expect she's inundated with stuff from designers. She also happens to be the right height and shape...............

Very dapper George.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Apr 2018, 13:28

Admin wrote:No, I'd say most of her new wardrobe is on loan from the clothing designers.  I'm kind of sad to see that because I always thought George was above that whole celebrity-wardrobe thing, being a star who doesn't need that kind of shitty 'publicity', but I guess times have changed.
Very Happy Katie - Have you seen what he wears? Other than a few suits and the tuxes (which he wears so well that he's a walking ad for the designer) he lives in jeans - and baggy ones, at that - quite possibly jeans that he's had for years because they look well broken in ( unless he has someone else to do that for him , but I don't think he's that far gone). Unless Levis wants to lend him jeans, I don't think he's too interested in the names on his clothes.

She, on the other hand, likes "fashion". She's always been able to buy what she likes and now finds herself being offered things for free. Designers like her because she's built for their clothes and is married to someone who guarantees she will get plenty of attention. Symbiotic and superficial.. It's a match made in media heaven.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 07 Apr 2018, 14:08

George's clothes may look cheap but they are not, he wouldn't wear cheap clothes like Amal he likes the best that he can afford. I know this because he is a taurus when they can afford the best they buy it. 

That goes for his wife as well he doesn't like the women he is with to wear cheap clothing Taurus men are tactile and anything that feels rough he won't like.

It's the same for their homes they love beautiful things and comfort no matter the price.

It's great they can afford to have what ever they want I happen to love seeing how the other half live. I can't afford it and never will but I still can

appreciate they have earned their money and should enjoy it any way they choose.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Apr 2018, 14:27

he doesn't like the women he is with to wear cheap clothing Taurus men are tactile and anything that feels rough he won't like

tactile...
no rough ....

interesting
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Apr 2018, 15:25

annemarie wrote:George's clothes may look cheap but they are not, he wouldn't wear cheap clothes like Amal he likes the best that he can afford. I know this because he is a taurus when they can afford the best they buy it. 

PLEASE! Do you really believe all that? I never said George's clothes were cheap. I doubt there's anything cheap in his life. But it isn't because he's a Taurus! IMO it's because he can afford things he likes that make him comfortable.

That goes for his wife as well he doesn't like the women he is with to wear cheap clothing Taurus men are tactile and anything that feels rough he won't like.

He has often said that he doesn't tell the women in his life what to wear. If they're wearing something "rough" that he doesn't want to touch, I'm sure they'd be happy to take it off. As far as Amal is concerned, her wardrobe choices are her own. As often as not they seem to amuse him.

It's the same for their homes they love beautiful things and comfort no matter the price.

His attitude towards his homes seems to be that as long as they meet his needs and are comfortable, he's happy. He let Cindy and Rande decorate the Studio City and Cabo houses because he had better things to do.

It's great they can afford to have what ever they want I happen to love seeing how the other half live. I can't afford it and never will but I still can

appreciate they have earned their money and should enjoy it any way they choose.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 07 Apr 2018, 15:39

I understand that when he's in Italy he has a chat with a guy called Armani from time to time

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Apr 2018, 15:46

George is such a simple dresser.  I don’t really think he has ever been that interested in men’s fashion as much as just wanting to wear what makes him feel comfortable and is functional.  I think he wears classic styles that are made well and wears them over and over and over again.  I personally don’t think he is that opinionated about what women in his life wear.  I have a feeling though he loves whatever Amal wears because he loves Amal.  I also assume that Amal is borrowing many of the pieces we see her wear.  She likes designers and they like her.  I wonder if the subject of her fashion will come up in the Vogue interview.  I’m really looking forward to reading this one.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Apr 2018, 06:20

LizzyNY wrote:
Admin wrote:No, I'd say most of her new wardrobe is on loan from the clothing designers.  I'm kind of sad to see that because I always thought George was above that whole celebrity-wardrobe thing, being a star who doesn't need that kind of shitty 'publicity', but I guess times have changed.
Very Happy Katie - Have you seen what he wears? Other than a few suits and the tuxes (which he wears so well that he's a walking ad for the designer) he lives in jeans - and baggy ones, at that - quite possibly jeans that he's had for years because they look well broken in ( unless he has someone else to do that for him , but I don't think he's that far gone). Unless Levis wants to lend him jeans, I don't think he's too interested in the names on his clothes.
Yep, totally get that, and agree with you.

My point was not to make the mistake (IMO) that some posters do of imagining that Amal operates entirely independently of George in this sense. If George dislikes celebrities being given free dresses for publicity, do you think for one second his wife (or in fact any of the women he's dated in the past 10 years) would be wearing loaners?

I don't think George has any interest in women's fashion (he barely seems to have interest in what he's supposed to be wearing, so thank God for Mr Armani taking care of that for him!) so I doubt he gives any opinions as to what Amal's actually wearing but I believe that if he didn't agree with her becoming a part-time clothes horse, then it wouldn't be happening. He has enough money to pay for all those clothes if he wanted to. So that's why I'm disappointed in him. He goes along with it and I always thought that just wouldn't be his thing.

I don't mind the borrowed red carpet dresses and jewellery that happen a few times a year, but the day-in, day-out change of clothes for her is too much for me. The Kardashians have to borrow everything they wear because their celebrity-hood depends on it, but I thought the Clooney's would be better than that. They have the money to dress Amal beautifully in head to toe designer wear without having to make a fashion parade of her. That just annoys me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Apr 2018, 14:14

Katie - I haven't kept track, but I suspect Ladybug may be right in that the fashion parades happen mostly when they've got something else going on that they want to draw attention to. In this case it may be her teaching stint at Columbia or her new clients - showing what a high profile lawyer she is. Or maybe Ladybug is right and it's just run-up hype to the Met Gala.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Apr 2018, 15:23

Well hopefully we will see more of them this summer than the others.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 09 Apr 2018, 15:55

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - I haven't kept track, but I suspect Ladybug may be right in that the fashion parades happen mostly when they've got something else going on that they want to draw attention to. In this case it may be her teaching stint at Columbia or her new clients - showing what a high profile lawyer she is. Or maybe Ladybug is right and it's just run-up hype to the Met Gala.
when they've got something else going on that they want to draw attention to.

Can't agree on this... Como for example- how many photos are there of them and guests coming down the ramp to their boat.  Nothing to promote but her clothes and how rich they are.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Apr 2018, 16:00

PP - I didn't say "always" - just mostly. I could be wrong. Like I said, I don't keep track. More like "See something, say something".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 09 Apr 2018, 16:08

Either way... the something to promote is Amal and George. They're a self-made product that needs to be reinforced in the public eye, in order to remain relevent ( if only in their own opinion).  JMO.  Smile

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Apr 2018, 16:23

PP - Definitely a factor, but I think it's a combination of things. Bottom line, they are a presence in the press. I just think there might be an uptick in her fashion shows when they have other things going on or when they're preparing the way for an event they want to bring attention to.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Apr 2018, 17:59

annemarie wrote:Well hopefully we will see more of them this summer than the others.
Shocked    affraid     Run for the hills
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:07

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - I haven't kept track, but I suspect Ladybug may be right in that the fashion parades happen mostly when they've got something else going on that they want to draw attention to. In this case it may be her teaching stint at Columbia or her new clients - showing what a high profile lawyer she is. Or maybe Ladybug is right and it's just run-up hype to the Met Gala.
scratch high profile lawyer...   Yahooooo
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:17

In the human rights field she is a high profile lawyer and she was well before she met George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:28

annemarie wrote:In the human rights field she is a high profile lawyer and she was well before she met George.
Yahooooo

Annemarie, I remember hearing Amal Alamuddin's name as far back as when Bush/Chaney and the Religious right was in Sudan negotiating, I did not trust her then and I don't trust her now.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:47

Ladybug - "High profile" only means that she is recognizable, that her name is known where the names of many/most other lawyers are not. It has nothing to do with who she represents or whether she's trustworthy. It just means people know who she is.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Apr 2018, 19:23

Ladybug, your memory hasn't served you very well I'm afraid.

At that time she was working at the International Court of Justice in the Hague for Judge Sir Franklin Berman in the office of the Prosecutor the Special Tribunal on Lebanon at the UN and then at the International Criminal Court for the International Tribunal on the former Yugoslavia.

Previous to that she worked at Sullivan and Cromwell in NYC on corporate law

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Apr 2018, 20:34

party animal - not! wrote:Ladybug, your memory hasn't served you very well I'm afraid.

At that time she was working at the International Court of Justice in the Hague for Judge Sir Franklin Berman in the office of the Prosecutor the Special Tribunal on Lebanon at the UN and then at the International Criminal Court for the International Tribunal on the former Yugoslavia.  

Previous to that she worked at Sullivan and Cromwell in NYC on corporate law
Pan I don't want to go off topic, I put my response in the Like/Dislike thread.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 09 Apr 2018, 20:37

Any comparison between the Kardashians and the Clooneys is pretty funny.  There is none. George and Amal don’t play out their lives on TV.  They are people of substance.  What Amal wears and how many outfits she owns or borrows is her business. Im not sure but my guess is that George leaves Amal’s love of clothes and what she owns/borrows up to her.  I would think that he totally trusts Amal’s judgment.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Apr 2018, 20:49

All I have to say if George Clooney and Amal Clooney's marriage relationship end, I think she can have a second career as a Reality Show personality.  She can continue to spot light the cases she's working as well as her passion for fashion.  I think that will be a very easy transition for Amal.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Apr 2018, 22:20

This is getting silly. None of us knows whether or not she pays for all the designer duds she wears or how George feels about whatever money she does spend. It's their business and if Amal overspends, it's their problem. All I know is that the clothes she wears in a week cost what a lot of people make in a year. (And, yes, Annemarie, I know it's her money and she can spend it any way she likes!)  Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Apr 2018, 22:29

I know you know Lizzy.  Very Happy

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 10 Apr 2018, 04:47

PigPen wrote:
when they've got something else going on that they want to draw attention to.
Can't agree on this... Como for example- how many photos are there of them and guests coming down the ramp to their boat.  Nothing to promote but her clothes and how rich they are.
True, but I also don't think George is the one calling the paps in this case. He lives there, they know where to find him and unless he locks himself in his home all day long (which he does seem to do quite a lot when he's there - we can go for days without any sightings of him) he's got no way of not being papped when he's out in public in Como. That's not self-promotion IMO, that's simply being unable to escape it all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Apr 2018, 10:10

In como the paps know when they are thee and wait for them. I believe it was the former mayors wife who lived 

next door and would report on when he arrived. There are signs when they are arriving shutters open windows open.

The only reason we don't get more pictures there is the ban on the Paps being near the house and on the water.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down