George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Why isn't George called a slut? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why isn't George called a slut?

5 posters

Go down

Why isn't George called a slut? Empty Why isn't George called a slut?

Post by Admin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 11:35

This question was posted elsewhere, but I find it interesting [my italics]. Your thoughts?

Ok, here's a question I've been wondering about for sometimes. If it comes out that GC's current Girlfriend has a past or done some nude or semi-nude modeling, she's instantly labeled a slut. How come he's never called a slut?

The man gets around as much or more than the woman he publicly dates, but the press still treat him like he's the worlds greatest catch. The closest anyone comes to pointing out this double standard is Ted C, when he call GC a manwhore. Am wondering why this is, especially since it's mostly women who are quick to label the current Girl friend a slut.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why isn't George called a slut? Empty Re: Why isn't George called a slut?

Post by lucy Sun 12 Dec 2010, 13:38

Good question,&one I've been asking myself for years. Not just about GC but in general. it's a double standard that I"m guilty of thinking about woman but never men & I'm not proud of myself for it.Do you remember when Julia Roberts was single? She use to date almost all her co-stars. People began saying unpleasant things about her. I use to ask myself whats she doing so bad,so wrong,that all these male stars haven't been doing for years?I have two adult daughters & I hope they have a healthy sex life, but I'm still gulityof that one double standard that I just can't seem to kick.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Dec 2010, 16:55

Lucy, I think you are absolutely right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 12 Dec 2010, 17:13

Double standard, yes, why do we have a hard time kicking it? (I am just as guilty, at times) because this thought is so in grained in us, it will take a long time to change. Look at the man that has an affair, how many people first say - if he was getting what he needed at home he wouldn't have strayed. Yeah right! When a woman has an affair, people say - how could she do that, after all he has given her?

Do I label George's girls sluts cause they get around, yes I am guilty. But I also will call George a manwhore, takes away part of the sexy IMO.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 25 May 2011, 15:37

Why does slut have to be a perjorative term anyway? If it's ok for a man to sleep around, then why not make it ok for a woman to sleep around too, instead of making it bad for a man to sleep around?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 25 May 2011, 17:10

Slut? Crying or Very sad OMG, That's a new one. I've heard him called many things - gay being the most prevalent. My friend said "he's not gay, he's a manwhore." Now that's MUCH better - more manly. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 26 May 2011, 02:13

Technically he is a slut (IMO) maybe we should eliminate the word slut and start calling women womenwhores as we call men manwhores.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 26 May 2011, 09:07

Personally I prefer slut to wh*re because as far as I'm aware he doesn't charge . . .

My question is: why call him anything at all? A guy who sleeps around is a guy who sleeps around. Why does that have to be a bad thing that requires a perjorative label?

Lucy - you're right about the gay label. If you type 'George Clooney' into google, the first suggestion that comes up from google is 'films' and the second thing is 'gay'. This means that these are the two most searched terms.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down