George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney

+8
LornaDoone
Natascha
sandwiches
lucy
bellybaby
adgran
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney Empty Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:42

Hah!

From ok magazine

Millionaire Matchmaker Advises George Clooney

June 28th, 2011

Author: Valerie Nome

George Clooney should follow in the footsteps of Michael Douglas, Millionaire Matchmaker star Patti Stanger advises. Otherwise, he may end up alone in a nursing home, she says.

As a professional matchmaker, Patti has seen it all. She comes to his rescue now that the breakup between George and girlfriend-of-two-years Elisabetta Canalis has been announced.
“I predicted that split,” she tells me while promoting Pucker Vodka. “Every two to three years, you get a parting gift and you’re out the door. He’s textbook. He is so driven by one negative experience that he made a self-conscious decision never to be married, never to fall in love too deep, and until he un-programs his self-conscious, he will live the example of what he believes.”

George, 50, was married to Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993, and has sworn off lifelong commitment ever since. Talia is so sweet every time I see her at events. Was the union really that horrible that he could be turned off to the idea of ever tying the knot again?

“I don’t think it was horrible – I think his heart was broken,” Patti says. “When your heart is broken, you make a lot of decisions in that time. You program your self-conscious mind to say ‘this is what I feel, think, and believe.’ And then what happens is that the universe yields and shows you exactly what you believe is what’s really happening.”

She adds, “Until he gets help, he’s going to stay that way. He will be 90 years old in a nursing home and nobody cares he was an action star at one point.”

Even with that dire prediction, Patti doesn’t foresee him getting help.

“I don’t think he will get help because I don’t think he thinks anything’s wrong,” she says. “You have to want something in order to get help. You want to get sober – you want to lose weight. You have to decide. He’s not deciding.”

For a romance role model, Patti believes George should look to Michael Douglas.

“At least when you look at Michael Douglas, who had a sexual problem – sleeping with too many women – he found true love, he got cancer, and she’s at his beckoned call. He’s got family and friends around him. He made a good decision on that part, even if he went for a younger woman.”

Patti adds, “George can have a younger woman, if that’s what he wants. But he’s got to make a decision that it’s takes two to tango in this relationship – it’s not just about him.”

Good luck, George!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney Empty Re: Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:30

I get worried when someone who can't even find her own husband at well over 45 gives advice to others. She can match make others but not herself? I've watched her show and there aren't a lot of successes there either. George has made the decision he doesn't want to get married he seems pretty clear about it.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney Empty Re: Millionaire matchmaker advises George Clooney

Post by adgran Wed 29 Jun 2011, 14:02

Agree Dexter about MM Stanger. One other time she's used George's name - she said he had Peter Pan Syndrome because he always picked women that were an inappropriate match for him - no intellect, younger and interested only in his money and fame. THAT statement from a woman who makes a career out of finding dates for millionaires?

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 14:16

....since when is George an "action star" ??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 15:45

Wow Dexterdidit took the words right out of my mouth about the MM.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:46

I know a few people who are matchmakers and they're all single. I guess it's the old saying 'those who can't do, teach'.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 19:31

“I don’t think he will get help because I don’t think he thinks anything’s wrong,” she says. “You have to want something in order to get help. You want to get sober – you want to lose weight. You have to decide. He’s not deciding.”
Hm. It's a hard world for singles. Singlehood is now an addiction, like alcoholism and obesity?

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Wed 29 Jun 2011, 19:58

It seems so.
If George should ever thing about opening some therapy-group for singles, I would love to join it! Laughing

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 30 Jun 2011, 00:52

bellybaby wrote:....since when is George an "action star" ??

Since "The American"? Brahahahaha!

Hey, any movie where the actor has to run is considered an action film!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:40

This matchmaker is dumb as a rock! Did she really use Michael Douglas and KZJ as a good example for George? But wait, then she mentioned this below?
George can have a younger woman, if that’s what he wants. But he’s got to make a decision that it’s takes two to tango in this relationship – it’s not just about him.”
Does she know KZJ is 25 years younger than Michael Douglas and when they started dating(or married) she was 30 years old? Please...

If she wanted to use them as an example, she should had used other excuses for George's "misfortune in love". She clearly doesn't know what she is saying. I wonder how many women get "successful" using her matchmaking "skills".

Last edited by LouisLane on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:43; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling + added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 30 Jun 2011, 22:50

LornaDoone wrote:
bellybaby wrote:....since when is George an "action star" ??

Since "The American"? Brahahahaha!

Hey, any movie where the actor has to run is considered an action film!
He has a running scene in The Descendants. LOL!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 13:30

You lot are soooooo mean to sweet Gee!!!! He's adorable in all his "action" parts whether with "the ladies" or not!!!! he can show me some action anyday!!! Love7
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 01 Jul 2011, 15:01

Well she does have a funny programme to watch. How does she find all those weird people. geek
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 02 Jul 2011, 01:30

I have watched the show and I can understand why some of them are still single and will probably stay that way money or no money!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 03 Jul 2011, 23:09

Yes, I can laugh myself silly with some of those characters. The Ego.

She should do a show with Clooney, just to see who's going to show up. That would be hilarious !!! She'd be doing overtime going through the candidates.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 04 Jul 2011, 00:06

I think girl would be the only candidate.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down