George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK

+5
What Would He Say
PigPen
carolhathaway
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
9 posters

Go down

George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK Empty George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Dec 2017, 03:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK Empty Re: George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Dec 2017, 03:39

You would think they would charter a flight.   Cool
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK Empty Re: George offers fellow passengers headphones on plane to UK

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Dec 2017, 05:22

[size=42]George & Amal Clooney Pass Out Headphones to Fellow Passengers on Flight with 6-Month-Old Twins

[/size]
  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
People
Karen Mizoguchi  10 mins ago

George Clooney and Amal Clooney were well-meaning parents handing out headphones to their fellow passengers to apologize for having their 6-month-old twins on board.

The couple passed out noise-canceling headphones during a recent flight to Amal’s native England, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

The devices featured the logo of the actor’s Casamigos Tequila and came with a note “apologizing ahead of time” if the twins cried, according to Page Six.

George, 56, and Amal, 39, welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney in June in London.

Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? [url=https://pages.email.people.com/moms-babies/? Thanks]Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter[/url].
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]©️ David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty
On Tuesday, the actor’s best friend and Casamigos co-founder Rande Gerber revealed just how generous the two-time Sexiest Man Alive and first-time father really is.

The father of fashion’s It girl Kaia Gerber recalled a time in 2013 when Clooney gifted his closest friends one million dollars each, even paying their taxes for the year.

“There’s a group of guys we call ‘The Boys,’” Gerber said during a recent chat on MSNBC’s Headliners show. “George had called me and ‘The Boys’ and said, ‘Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone’s going to come to my house for dinner.’ George begins to say, ‘Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life,’” recalled the restauranteur.

“I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases,’” Clooney said, according to Gerber. “We open it up, and it’s $1 million dollars in $20 bills. Every one of us – 14 of us – got $1 million. Every single one of us. We’re in shock.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]©️ David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty
[/size]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Dec 2017, 05:27

[size=42]Amal and George Clooney give out headphones on flight with twins[/size]

By Emily Smith and Ian Mohr

December 12, 2017 | 8:36pm

Modal Trigger
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal Clooney and George Clooney [size=12]Getty Images
[/size]

New dad George Clooney figured out a way to ingratiate himself with passengers on a flight with wife Amal and their newborns.
Spies said the star, “On a trip home to the UK with his twins, gave all the first-class passengers noise-canceling headphones.”
They had the logo of his Casamigos tequila and came with a note “apologizing ahead of time” if the twins cried.
“Even Quentin Tarantino, who was onboard, wore the headphones,” a spy said. But “the babies didn’t make a peep!”

“Even Quentin Tarantino, who was onboard, wore the headphones,” a spy said. But “the babies didn’t make a peep!”
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:42

George doesn't like to charter private planes too often becos it harms the environment even more........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Dec 2017, 20:29

I guess they hired private planes when they first flew with the twins (from London to Italy, from there to the States), and when they realized that the kids are easy travellers and don't cry, decided to use scheduled flights.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Dec 2017, 20:49

That's the note they gave to tge other passengers, together with the headphones:

See the Note That George Clooney Gave Out With Headphones on Flight

written by Armando M. Buchanan December 13, 2017

Don’t mind the crying! Us Weekly has an exclusive picture of the note George and Amal Clooney gave to passengers with noise-canceling headphones on their flight to England with their 6-month-old twins Alexander and Ella.

“Our twins just discovered squawking!! Hope this helps make the flight a little quieter,” reads the note, which was written on George Clooney stationary and signed from George and Amal.

As previously reported, the couple gave first-class passengers custom-made noise-canceling headphones, which featured Clooney’s Casamigos tequila logo, on a British Airways flight. A source told Us that director Quentin Tarantino was one of the passengers who happily accepted a pair of headphones.

George Clooney gave passengers a note when he gave out noise-canceling headphones on fight to England with his twins. Us Weekly
Celebrity Dads Who Had Children Late in Life 

“George was nervous,” the source told Us. “But the babies didn’t even make a peep.”

The two-time Oscar winner, 56, and the British human rights lawyer, 39, tied the knot in Italy in September 2014, and welcomed Alexander and Ella in June. Clooney opened about the twins to Extra in October.

“Ella is very elegant and dainty and she has these big beautiful eyes; she looks like Amal … He’s just a thug, he’s a fat little boy, he laughs louder than everyone in the room; it’s the funniest thing,” the ER alum said at the time.

if(typeof(jQuery)==”function”){(function($){$.fn.fitVids=function(){}})(jQuery)};
jwplayer(‘jwplayer_qUYH6QU4_qInh6Xrr_div’).setup(
{“playlist”:”https://content.jwplatform.com/feeds/qUYH6QU4.json”,”ph”:2,”plugins”:{“https://ovp.iris.tv/plugins/jwplayer/v2/iris-jwplayer.adaptive.min.js”:{“settings”:{“client_token”:”nvonvsnnlg8c”,”platform_id”:”qUYH6QU4″,”player_id”:”jwplayer_qUYH6QU4_qInh6Xrr_div”,”start_up_next”:true,”end_up_next”:true,”ssl”:true,”campaign_tracking”:true},”iris_buttons”:{“thumbs_up”:false,”thumbs_down”:false,”skip_forward”:false,”skip_back”:false,”skip_on_thumbs_down”:false}}},”events”:{“onReady”:”function(){var playerInstance = jwplayer(‘jwplayer_qUYH6QU4_qInh6Xrr_div’);loadIrisLibrary(playerInstance, playerInstance.getConfig().plugins[‘https://ovp.iris.tv/plugins/jwplayer/v2/iris-jwplayer.adaptive.min.js’]);}”}}
);

This is not the first time this month Clooney has made headlines for giving gifts. The Suburbicon director’s longtime friend, Rande Gerber, revealed that Clooney once gifted his closest friends $1 million dollars each and paid their taxes on the funds.

“There’s a group of guys we call ‘The Boys,’” Gerber explained during a recent episode of MSNBC’s Headliners. “George had called me and ‘The Boys’ and said, ‘Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone’s going to come to my house for dinner.”

George Clooney and his wife Amal Clooney arrive at the premiere of Paramount Pictures’ “Suburbicon” at the Village Theatre on October 22, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Celebrity Charity 

When the group arrived at Clooney’s house, Gerber said there were black designer luggage bags, which each contained a million dollars worth of $20 bills, at the table for each guest.

“George begins to say, ‘Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean in my life,” Gerber recalled. “‘I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.’”
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 15:35

Sigh......George, are you that desperate for good publicity that you let these little gems get released?  Cause we all know, none of his friends would have the gonads to let these out without his Nibbs request.

Last edited by PigPen on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 15:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction.)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 14 Dec 2017, 22:39

The handing out mooli like snuff at a funeral was on coh before.... before he got married..... if I remember then it was 500k.... the story’s been inflated....

George GEORGE!!! Listen to me....Me with her hands out...Me, over here... I’m wearing a red dress.... I have NO BAG..... and absolutely NO embarrassment.... I’ll even take it in 20’s.... but Ton’s would be handier.... I’m Irish so no need for the T man to be informed..... wink wink.......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Dec 2017, 22:56

WWHS - Good luck to you! LOL!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Dec 2017, 23:39

I think George does this kind of thing it is his nature , I don't see how this could be a secret people talk. As for his friends talking I don't think they don't have the balls, I think they respect him and their friendship. I remember Rande saying they don't invite strangers around George. His friends are protective oh him and know that his fame makes his life different.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 04:03

I agree annemarie.  George has always had a generous and thoughtful side. It’s in his nature. People who have known him for years say as much.   I remember just recently how he responded to those put out by all the racket and inconvenience during his Sonning home renovation.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 15 Dec 2017, 06:41

This story Rande told about George giving all his friends $1 million: I've read quite a lot of critical comments about this, people saying that he should have given the money to those who really are in trouble or that he must have too much money to be able to spend it that way. Although we all don't know how much money his friends have. Rande seems to have enough on his own (especially after the Casamigos sale), and Grant also doesn't seem to have a financial problem. But we don't know about others like Richard Kind, so maybe they really needed money.
What I really liked was when Rande mentioned that George had said that they all don't have to think about their kids going to college. This shows that he doesn't just care for his friends but for his families as well.
And it sounds that, if any of them had a financial problem, George would help them in any way he could. Maybe that's how it started. Maybe one of them really needed money, and George thought about how to help them and decided to do it the way he did so this particular person didn't feel as a beggar.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 15 Dec 2017, 09:40

U
@ DM & AM.... in his nature definitely....but so is show biz razz matazzz.....

Suitcases with 20’s!.....why not a discrete bank transfer.... instead of sending save the date just ask for. BIC & IBAN.....or Bitcoin.....

It’s just the thought of the guy on the bike lugging the suitcase home Sad ..... maybe he caught the bus and ditched the bike for 4 wheels.. x

Or did Tandie give him a lift, out of guilt....”I’m rich and you my friend are my token poor, ass out of pants friend.... I will bend scoop you up and give you a lift home, BTW carry MY suitcase of dosh in your spare hand... and follow me to my limo and NO! You can’t stick your bike in my trunk, those rumours are not true!”...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:26

What some don't seem to get is that all George's friends are not rich they have regular lives with bills to pay.
I think it is great that he helped people he knew needed the help. George does more than his share for others.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Dec 2017, 13:24

There's a lot we don't know about George's private life. Who knows what his friends did for him over the years? He's obviously grateful to them for all they did and still do to support him. I think it's great that when he could afford it he repaid them in such a generous way.

WWHS - Your comments make me wonder if there isn't some specific reason for him giving them cash. A tax thing maybe? Or maybe just for the satisfaction of seeing their faces when they saw all that money! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 15 Dec 2017, 13:26

Well, if the friends didn't need/want it, they could have donated it to charity themselves. I think this was one of those Grand Gesture moments that only a man would do. The numbers are big, yeah, but at its core, it's really no different from gifting the groomsmen in a wedding party, or a star running back giving each member of the offensive line a car. It's a show of gratitude and affection, writ large.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 13:30

I think like Rande said knowing college was covered or their mortgage was paid was one of the reasons. One or two less things for his friends who aren't rich to worry about. Rande said he donated his.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:38

You're missing my point......   Can we agree that no one would drop this gem without his approval or -more likely his request. 
 It was a private gesture- a nice one I agree, but that it got the  thumbs up to be made public is what's frosting my cupcakes.  And it makes him look desperate for attention.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Dec 2017, 21:22

PP - I got your point. I just don't know if George cares that much any more. He's got pretty much everything he could possibly want so a little more or less attention probably doesn't mean much to him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 21:32

I think they were doing a nice peace on George and Rande decided to tell this story, it happened years a go and he wanted people to know what an incredible friend he is. So he told the story did George know probably but the fact it happened years ago to me means it is old news to them . 
I agree Lizzy I think the attention is what it is to George ,anything written about him brings attention .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 16 Dec 2017, 01:17

People can judge George’s reasons or motivation for his gifting this money to his closest friends but as said by some here, and I agree, George doesn’t care what people think.  I bet it didn’t even cross his mind that if this news got out what others would say.  He pretty much says what he want to say and does what he wants to do in his life.  And sometimes he gets blowback.  It doesn’t stop him from speaking his mind or doing what he wants to do.  He doesn’t need the publicity.  He still gets his fair share.  I don’t think he manipulates the information about his personal life getting out to the public because I don’t think he really gives a damn.

George has always spoken so highly of his close buddies and he is very loyal.  He always comes across as someone who looks out for those people he is close to.  
This gesture was no exception.  It was stunning and incredibly generous. Such a good guy!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Dec 2017, 02:04

The headphones story: Well this could have come from Taratino - also in first class on same flight or somebody on board who also got headphones and the note that we see.

I have a feeling both George and Amal had probably been on flights historically where they'd been conscious of small children and/or babies so are bound to be more empathetic towards other passengers - and they actually had almost easy access to the product....

As for the years-old gift to his closest friends - quite amazing  and positive coverage for a years-old private event.........and very George.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 16 Dec 2017, 14:12

Who hasn't been on a flight with crying babies making it a migraine-inducing nightmare? I think this was an extremely considerate gesture on G&A's part. I can't believe they're getting blowback for it. I wish the parents of the screamers I've traveled with had been so kind. Maybe those headphones are something the airlines should provide.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Dec 2017, 14:58

Totally agree, Lizzy
Time has worked out how much tax George will have had to pay on his gifts......and for all the cynics out there who thought it could be classified as a tax break (not anyone on here) take a look

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 16 Dec 2017, 15:33

PAN - Thanks for posting this article. It's the clearest explanation of the gift tax I've seen and will definitely come in handy come tax time. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down