George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Plotting Enron Film?

+5
OofOof
Snoopy
sandwiches
lucy
Katiedot
9 posters

Go down

George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? Empty George Clooney Plotting Enron Film?

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 09:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Enron, the hit play that has been causing waves around the country since it premiered in Chichester in August 2009, has been snapped up across the pond for a possible film adaptation, with George Clooney attached to co-produce and possibly direct it.

Very little else is known at this stage, since all that has happened so far is producer Laura Ziskin snagging the rights to remake Lucy Prebble’s work on screen and securing Clooney’s interest.

Enron, as its name suggests, charts the rise and even more spectacular fall of the gigantic energy corporation, which collapsed in 2001 and was one of the most complicated and far-reaching bankruptcies to happen before 2008’s big financial crisis really kicked in.

It sounds right up Clooney’s alley, but some in the British theatrical community are understandably dismayed at the fact that, while Prebble has been hired to write at least one draft of the script, the cast of the play, which included Samuel West and Tim Pigott-Smith, won’t be recreating their roles.

"It's a great shame that the original talent hasn't been able to follow through, to put on to film what they've originally created," Philip Hedley, ex-director of the Theatre Royal Stratford East, tells the paper. And original play director Rupert Goold is also unlikely to be involved. “How do you compete with George Clooney?” he says. Good question. Cheese eating contest?

Still, the film version is at an embryonic stage, so there remains a chance that some of the original cast could make the transition, even if they don't exactly boast a lot of international appeal...
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? Empty Re: George Clooney Plotting Enron Film?

Post by lucy Tue 14 Dec 2010, 22:56

Would like to see him direct only, he might be really good at it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Plotting Enron Film? Empty Re: George Clooney Plotting Enron Film?

Post by Katiedot Wed 15 Dec 2010, 02:26

I'm with you: I think he's a better director than actor. As much as it's lovely to see him on screen, I wish he'd concentrate on making good films from behind the cameras.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Jun 2011, 19:05

Now that Laura Ziskin's dead, wonder if this project will go ahead?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 20:41

I'm with you: I think he's a better director than actor. As much as it's lovely to see him on screen, I wish he'd concentrate on making good films from behind the cameras..

Totally agre with you both! My fave movies from hsi career are the ones he directed : good night and good luck, confessions of a dangerous mind. SO, I am really rooting for the ides of march Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 21 Jun 2011, 21:26

Would love to see him direct only, he's always having to act and direct bet he would have better results only directing.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 21 Jun 2011, 22:20

lucy wrote:Would love to see him direct only, he's always having to act and direct bet he would have better results only directing.

Agreed! His talents as a director far exceeds his acting talents. Not that I mind looking at him in a movie.

lip smack
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 00:03

This is one movie I want to see him direct versus act, hopefully the project will move forward. Not seeing much on IMDB about it, does anyone have IMDB pro?
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Jun 2011, 03:52

Yep, me and that was all I could find about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:19

Well, it's been a long time since we've heard any more about this project. Thanks Henway for finding the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Royal Court in London, one of the most important new-writing theatres in the world, has over the years been crucial in making the names of writers including Arnold Wesker, Christopher Hampton, Caryl Churchill, Hanif Kureshi, Sarah Kane, Martin McDonagh and Simon Stephens.

Hell, it was even where "The Rocky Picture Horror Show" started out. And in the last few years, it's been on as impressive a run as any in its history, premiering the acclaimed likes of Jez Butterworth's "Jerusalem," Lucy Prebble's "Enron," Polly Stenham's "That Face," Bruce Norris' Pulitzer Prize-winning "Clybourne Park" and Nick Payne's "Constellations," all of which went on to ecstatic reviews, and often transfers to the West End or the U.S.

So far, though, none of this recent batch have made it to the screen, though several are in development: George Clooney picked up the rights to "Enron," while Stenham's second play "Tusk Tusk" is in development at Film4, with "Doctor Who" director Adam Smith attached. But it looks like we're finally getting one moving forward, with a director behind one of the most acclaimed and popular British films of the last few years on board, as Screen Daily report that Lone Scherfig, director of "An Education," will direct the film version of Laura Wade's "Posh."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:32

Sounds interesting! He really does try to do films that inform and entertain. He takes chances on issues others won't touch and that is what I admire about him.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:36

I thought he picked this up before he did IOM? He has been "attached" to a few films that I have never seen come to fruition.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:41

Yes, the first post on this is from December 2010 so it goes quite a way back. There's a bunch of films here in this section that have had George's name attached for a while now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Feb 2013, 18:56

Mmm, my understanding at the time he acquired it was that he would retain and liaise with the play's writer, Lucy Prebble. And I believe the director of the play in the West End, who was Rupert Gould, was not a particularly happy bunny, but I can't remember why. Sorry

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 05 Feb 2013, 19:07

Katiedot wrote:Yes, the first post on this is from December 2010 so it goes quite a way back. There's a bunch of films here in this section that have had George's name attached for a while now.
Must check.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 05 Feb 2013, 19:44

@Katie, the indiewire's article you posted is dated from december 2010,
Not new.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down