George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George on Weinstein - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George on Weinstein

+12
starlove
benex
What Would He Say
LizzyNY
annemarie
Missa
Alisonfan
fava
Donnamarie
media savvy
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George on Weinstein - Page 2 Empty Re: George on Weinstein

Post by carolhathaway Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:16

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I call bullshit. She's a bandwagon-jumping opportunist.
Way2,
I just tried to find this vocabulary on my online-dictionary becsuse that's exactly my impression!

And I really can't wait to hear what Eriq LaSalle, Noah Wylie, Anthony Edwards and Juliynna Margulies are going to reply! Not to forget John Wells and Steven Spielberg!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:23

I just read George's statement on gossipcom:

George Clooney Denies Blacklisting Vanessa Marquez Over Sexual Harassment Complaint

By Shari Weiss | 4:25 pm, October 13, 2017

George Clooney is denying he helped get former “ER” co-star Vanessa Marquezblacklisted in Hollywood. She made the claims on Twitter this week amid the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment scandal.

Following Clooney’s interview with The Daily Beast, in which he condemned Weinstein and maintained he did not know about the movie executive’s outrageous behavior, Marquez tweeted, “B.S. Clooney helped blacklist me when I spoke up abt harassment on ER. ‘women who dont play the game lose career’ I did.” The actress sent her tweet early Tuesday, and has spent the last few days elaborating on her allegations.

“Clooney is doing pre damage control. He has his own secrets and I know them,” Marquez insisted in another tweet from that same day. She wrote in another, “CLOONEY is a predator! Don’t be fooled.” Referring to executive producer John Wells, she posted, “Clooney & Wells r liars who organized my being BLACKLISTED for 25 yrs & still stands.” And after Ellen Barkin thanked Clooney for “being the only male actor not to use his daughter as currency in his statement,” Marquez sarcastically replied, “Thank u George Clooney for helping to get me BLACKLISTED for speaking up abt being harassed in 95. He is a hypocrite.”

On Thursday, she wrote, “Clooney threatened me w/Blacklist. It happened. They’re all predators & vids & jokes from past r haunting them.” She further called the actor a “monster in his own way,” and asked, “Imagine if someone harassed Clooney’s wife or daughter? Would he tell them what he told me? Wom who dont play the game lose career.” Marquez also told specific Twitter users in a reply, “Everyone should know The Truth About Clooney.”

Then on Friday, Marquez named more people associated with the hit show, specifically outlining who allegedly abused her sexually and who did so racially. “I’ve named them. P*ssy grabbers: Eric LaSalle & Terence Nightingall. Racial: Anthony, Noah, Julianna & Call WB legal. mmmkay!” She further claimed, “Well Wells was the boss & I 1st reported it to him. His 1st question: Did George do something to u? But wait 4 yr proofs.” She later told others on Twitter, “PREAD THIS PLEASE CLOONEY NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED.”

But now Clooney says in a statement furnished to Gossip Cop on Friday afternoon, “I had no idea Vanessa was blacklisted. I take her at her word. I was not a writer or a producer or a director on that show. I had nothing to do with casting. I was an actor and only an actor. If she was told I was involved in any decision about her career then she was lied to. The fact that I couldn’t affect her career is only surpassed by the fact that I wouldn’t.”

Her tweets sound bitter and angry. I don't say she's lying, but if that's true, everything we now about Geotge is wrong. To call him a monster, a predator...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:27

LizzyNY wrote:It's interesting that she names everyone but George as those who harassed her, but blames George for her problems.

I'm not saying she's lying, but her statement does have a feeling of sour grapes to it. Maybe they "black-balled" her (if they did), not because of her complaints but because she was unpleasant to work with.

Carolhathaway - I don't think Wells asked her if George did anything because he thought he was a sexual predator. I think he asked because George was the clown who was always playing pranks and cracking jokes and there were probably people on set who didn't appreciate his brand of humor. Actually, she sounds like she might be one of them. I really don't think it's in his character to force himself on a woman.
Lizzy,
after I'd written it, I realized that it might have been meant in a way she didn't like his pranks / jokes and wss hurt by them. Thanks for clarifying it!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:34

She sounds like a complete opportunist. I'm usually one to believe a woman when it comes to something like this but her explanations make no sense. She seems to imply that it was other men in the cast that harassed her but then blames George for her career...?? It seems like her career didn't turn out that great and now she's sour grapes and just jumping on George cuz he's the biggest name off that show and it's easy to sit on twitter right now and point fingers in this current climate. Now of course it's not going to matter much what George says. This is being picked up by multiple outlets with very misleading and damning headlines (i.e. Breitbart and company) and the smear job is complete. It's a total shame that this is going to get picked up by newsmedia soon enough. She doesn't seem to have any evidence and her conclusions and accusations against George seem baseless. What a bunch of bullshit.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:35

Was her....rejected by him

?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:38

carolhathaway wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:I call bullshit. She's a bandwagon-jumping opportunist.
Way2,
I just tried to find this vocabulary on my online-dictionary becsuse that's exactly my impression!

And I really can't wait to hear what Eriq LaSalle, Noah Wylie, Anthony Edwards and Juliynna Margulies are going to reply! Not to forget John Wells and Steven Spielberg!
 I don't think any of the other actors accused are going to say anything about this. George has the highest profile so he's the one she keeps screaming about "exposing".....she sounds vindictive and truly bitter.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:41

It makes no sense she has named and accused everyone on the show.
Sadly, opportunists are going to come out of the wood work  now.
George's movie is coming out at the end of the month .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:54

I think we need to hear from all those who have been accused.  Maybe others can shed some more light.  I think it's imperative that the other actors and Wells definitely address this publicly.  If for no other reason than to back of up George.  It's hard for me to believe that George would condone discriminating comments and harassment towards anyone he was working with.  I remember how he spoke up against David O. Russell on the set of 'Three Kings'.  

Nice to hear from you kat19.  You're right ... the  headlines right now are screaming that George is guilty.  Doesn't matter what he says.  I can imagine George is none to happy about her comment about how his wife and daughter would feel if they were harassed. 

Im still confused as to what she is specifically accusing George of ... sexual harassment, blackballing, derogatory racial comments.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:57

Making Great confusion 

A strategy often used
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:08

Donnamarie wrote:I think we need to hear from all those who have been accused.  Maybe others can shed some more light.  I think it's imperative that the other actors and Wells definitely address this publicly.  If for no other reason than to back of up George.  It's hard for me to believe that George would condone discriminating comments and harassment towards anyone he was working with.  I remember how he spoke up against David O. Russell on the set of 'Three Kings'.  

Nice to hear from you kat19.  You're right ... the  headlines right now are screaming that George is guilty.  Doesn't matter what he says.  I can imagine George is none to happy about her comment about how his wife and daughter would feel if they were harassed. 

Im still confused as to what she is specifically accusing George of ... sexual harassment, blackballing, derogatory racial comments.
Hi Donnamarie, I haven't posted in a long time but i've been lurking and reading some of the posts here and there lol. But I just had to comment on this because i saw this going around twitter today and immediately felt that George was being unfairly attacked. I've been following the Weinstein news and feel disgusted by that pig and all that he did to these women, and i've even applauded those who called out Ben Affleck and had proof of his misconduct. But this George/ER thing looks very opportunistic. Like you said it's very unclear about what specifically she is accusing George of. All of the headlines are blaring about RACIAL and SEXUAL harassment but, in her posts she seems to accuse others in the cast for that. The way she's posted this stuff so ambiguously and unclearly is really defamatory and irresponsible. As a result, George is getting smeared left right and center. She seems to be mad that George said something like "women who don't play the game lose their jobs"....but that's a far way away from George actively getting her "blacklisted" from an entire industry. Even if he said that, it's only an observation from him. And he didn't exactly have power back then. In the first few seasons of ER he was just an actor for hire. This is pure opportunism on her part. George's reply was good, but unfortunately, right now in this climate everyone's going to side with her and want to believe her even if her story has a lot of holes in it. The right-wing media in particular is salivating over this and doing a hit job on George today.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Oct 2017, 00:02

Hi, Kat. Good to have you back.

I think this lady seems very sad. She was in three series of ER and hasn't been in that much since. It's a long time ago now and she seems to be very bitter now that the opportunity has presented itself.

I find it difficult to believe that George would have been that involved or had that much power then, and we all know what he thought of David O'Russell who even now is talked about as far as treatment of actors goes - I remember Amy Adams' admitting he made her cry every day

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Oct 2017, 01:48

George may be taking a PR hit today, but he'll be fine in the long run. He has too many female friends who know him well and love him. The likes of Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Samantha Bee, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Sofia Vergara, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, ... they've all worked with him, and adore him, and there's never been a peep about him doing anything inappropriate, except maybe those stupid pranks. None of these women would be friends with a sexual predator or a destroyer of women's careers.

By contrast, Harvey W has no friends. He has associates, and people who admire his producing and marketing savvy. But friends in show business? Lindsay Lohan, by my last count.

Our guy will be okay. Of course it's a nightmare in the meantime. But the people who count know this is a ridiculous claim.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Oct 2017, 02:01

Also, as I thought, he very deftly didn't call her a liar. "If she was told that, she was lied to." Very good. I think that's the tone everyone else will strike if they respond. That is, until this whole thing finds a balance and it's okay to call a liar a liar even if she is/was a young woman on a TV show with famous men.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 14 Oct 2017, 11:48

Way2Old4Dis wrote:George may be taking a PR hit today, but he'll be fine in the long run. He has too many female friends who know him well and love him. The likes of Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Samantha Bee, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Sofia Vergara, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, ... they've all worked with him, and adore him, and there's never been a peep about him doing anything inappropriate, except maybe those stupid pranks. None of these women would be friends with a sexual predator or a destroyer of women's careers.

By contrast, Harvey W has no friends. He has associates, and people who admire his producing and marketing savvy. But friends in show business? Lindsay Lohan, by my last count.

Our guy will be okay. Of course it's a nightmare in the meantime. But the people who count know this is a ridiculous claim.

Two week ago Harvey had to many friends liken him to God.If this go on George to could loser career.Like Harvey he to could slip everything Family career everything even political ambition.George not the popular single guy anymore.Many call him to be smug they want to see him fall. Not friends but public.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Oct 2017, 14:15

The people who call Weinstein a "God," i.e. Meryl Streep, were showing their appreciation for his abilities to market non-mass audience films and champion their stars to awards. That is not friendship. That is recognition of his business savvy. He has been roundly condemned by the very people whose careers he pushed.

George Clooney, to most of us, falls as far away from Harvey Weinstein as anyone can get. George is not going to lose his career because an opportunist jumped on a bandwagon.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:09

Way2Old - I have to agree. George isn't another Harvey Weinstein by a long shot. Besides, he's already in a position to ride out this nonsense. Amal isn't going anywhere, he's got more than enough money, and his career doesn't depend on getting other people to hire him.

Worst case scenario: he'll retire from movie making and devote all his time to humanitarian causes - or become a house-husband so Amal an go out and save the world. Whatever, he'll be fine.  Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:27

She did not accuse him of racism or sexual harassment.  Yet headlines imply this.  So unless other women come forward--and don't think that is likely-- will probably blow over.  Of course those who don't like George's politics will make (inaccurate) hay out of the accusation.

Wondering though what other shoes will drop in this industry.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:36

I actually do expect this actress to substantiate her accusations against George since they were quite vague.

I just ask myself why I did believe the accusations vs Weinstein but not those vs George.
There's actually a number of reasons:
- Several women accused Weinstein at about the same time, but there's just one person who accused George
- Weinstein didn't deny the accusations about sexual harassment, and there were already financial agreements to proof it
- The accusations vs George sound quite strange to me, as stated above: she accuses other crew members to have harassed her but accuses George for 'helping blackmailing her' although he wasn't in a position of power and decision at that time
- Everybody else who's worked with George so far, praised him to the skies, so these accusations sound rather strange and seem to come out of left field
- I hate prejudices, but Weinstein looks exactly like the sleazy person who you'd expect to do that.

Of course there are people who really hate George, so for them these accusations are handed to them on a plate. Anyway, I do expect proofs and substituencies of these vague accusations vs George...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:41

fava wrote:She did not accuse him of racism or sexual harassment.  Yet headlines imply this.  So unless other women come forward--and don't think that is likely-- will probably blow over.  Of course those who don't like George's politics will make (inaccurate) hay out of the accusation.

Wondering though what other shoes will drop in this industry.
Fava,
that's another side of these attention-seeking website I hate.

If you remember these headlines about George leaving the UK and returning to the States with his family due to safety reasons. This made headlines for weeks although George denied these rumors. And there are still people saying that although it's months ago. That's one of the negative sides of social medias: Rumors don't disappear like they'd done before, they come back...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Oct 2017, 18:57

As Way2 pointed out and I think we as true fans of George know his reputation in Hollywood is on a level Weinstein will never enjoy.  There are so many who have worked with him and can't say enough good things about him. We've read it all here.

I'm still concerned about what this woman called George in her tweet ... a predator. But again her accusations have been vague and it's hard for me to really believe her assertions unless we get more info.

The headlines are bad right now. I agree in the long run this will fade away unless there is something to it.
But the headlines are what people are reading and as fava and carol mentioned there will be those who didn't like George to begin with so these headlines will just confirm their narrative of him.

BTW one of the women who has spoken out about Weinstein is Jennifer Siebel Newsom. She dated George for a bit years ago and is now the wife of the mayor of San Francisco. She said she had a similar experience as did Ashley Judd and others when she met him at The Peninsula Hotel years ago.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Oct 2017, 22:07

I'm not sure this story is gaining any traction at all.  I'm on a bunch of pop culture sites, plus follow a lot of industry people on Twitter, and literally the only place I've seen this story even mentioned is the articles posted here.  Likely because anyone who knows or has worked with George sees this for the nonsense it is.  If there were a spot of truth to it, there would have been other people coming out by now to say, yes, he did that to me too, as we've seen with both Weinstein and Ben Affleck.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Oct 2017, 23:27

Missa - His response to her has been picked up by a lot of the entertainment
 sites online. I haven't read them all because they're repetitive, but the headlines run to varying degrees of sensationalism.

IMO she's just taking advantage of the horrible Weinstein situation to grab a few minutes of attention. The whole thing will probably blow over if she can't come out with some kind of solid proof that any of this happened.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Oct 2017, 04:04

Unfortunately one of her first tweets making these accusations was sent out in July of this year. An EOnline article has a link to it.

What I dont understand is why no one else from the show has spoken out about this. Talk about hearing crickets....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Oct 2017, 17:08

Donnamarie - Maybe they think talking about her claims will only keep the story going and make people wonder if any of it is true. Or, maybe they've been given legal advice to not speak about it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 15 Oct 2017, 17:15

Some if this could be explained by the fact that those publications still putting her story out are owned or part owned by Fox or Breitbart.................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Oct 2017, 17:30

Well I have noticed that 'People' magazine hasn't printed anything about this story. Has anyone seen anything from 'Variety' or 'The Hollywood Reporter'? Haven't seen anything in 'The Washington Post' or as far as I can tell 'The New York Times'. Maybe the story is just too unsubstantiated at this point to be picked up by many news outlets.

'The Sun' references a couple of Marquez's tweets which first says she was offered a fourth season on ER but turned it down and another tweet says she is terminally ill. I didn't know that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Oct 2017, 17:38

I think now we just have to see who pays her for an interview and what else she has to say.

She tweeted this in July and it didn't get the attention she wanted now with the Weinstein story she has it.

The mags don't seem to have a problem with unsubstantiated information.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Oct 2017, 17:49

If she is terminally ill and hasn't had much of a career, maybe she needs money and sees this as a way of getting it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 15 Oct 2017, 18:55

This sounds really sad and I do feel sorry for her...

But I'd like to hear at least more details about what happened exactly. In Weinstein's case celebrities commented about it very soon, and hardly anybody spoke out for him. In George's case nobody commented, nobody jumped on the bandwagon. For me, this speaks volume. The fact that nobody defeated him, shows for me that
a) nobody else can or want to agree with Marquez' accusations
b) nobody sees any substantial about her accusations and
c) nobody wants to keep this story in the headlines and give the story more importance than it deserves
d) George seems to be much more liked than Weinstein in the film business and also in the midst of journalists because most magazines skipped the story.
Which all is very positive IMO...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Oct 2017, 19:41

she is terminally ill?? Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Oct 2017, 20:05

Yes it's me. That's what I read in one of her tweets. But she doesn't say what her illness is.

Carol ... I agree and your reasoning makes a lot of sense. And maybe this story will just fade away over time. But my sense is that something must have happened to this actress while on the ER set for three years that would make her lash out like she has. Maybe she has overblown her accusations or there were misunderstandings between her and the ER actors and the less said now the better. Or, her allegations are accurate but none of the actors or Wells want to address it. George may well have had no part in blacklisting her and spoke out honestly ... only to that point. The rest of her claims were not addressed by George or anyone else.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 15 Oct 2017, 20:40

Donna,
that's all possible. Or she simply wasn't a pleasant person to work with (and I don't mean it in a mean way), so - since the directors on ER changed quite often - many filmmakers knew about that and that's why she didn't find a new job. I've heard many people who know they are going to die soon, regretting their failures. So maybe she was bitter ever since she left ER (because, as she said, SHE decided to leave the show) and now thought: 'If only I'd never been on this show, I could have made a career!' Or: 'I was a better actor than George and Julianne, so it's unfair that they have such ba great career and I don't!' Or her accusations are correct, and she wanted to get things straight.
Until now, we simply don't know about that. How and why should George have helped to blackmail her? And what was she blackmailed for? Why is it worse what George did to her than the others (p...y-grabbers and making racial comments)? I'd really like to know about that...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 15 Oct 2017, 21:37

One other possibility, in addition to the ones named already, is that she tried to get parts on projects featuring or led by one of the old 'ER' cast members, wasn't successful in doing so, and was either told by someone in her own circle or assumed on her own that she was being blacklisted.

She may also have left 'ER' because she wanted/expected her role to grow in significance and screen time, and that didn't happen.

If she's as tragic a figure as she's painted, I wouldn't expect any public statements calling her on her claims. Those named by her will more than likely reach out to her privately, I think. I'm sure that by naming A-listers like George, Spielberg, and JuliannaM, she expected to be doing interviews by now. But there's obviously more (or rather, less) to her story.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 15 Oct 2017, 21:39

carolhathaway wrote:Donna,
that's all possible. Or she simply wasn't a pleasant person to work with (and I don't mean it in a mean way), so - since the directors on ER changed quite often - many filmmakers knew about that and that's why she didn't find a new job. I've heard many people who know they are going to die soon, regretting their failures. So maybe she was bitter ever since she left ER (because, as she said, SHE decided to leave the show) and now thought: 'If only I'd never been on this show, I could have made a career!' Or: 'I was a better actor than George and Julianne, so it's unfair that they have such ba great career and I don't!' Or her accusations are correct, and she wanted to get things straight.
Until now, we simply don't know about that. How and why should George have helped to blackmail her? And what was she blackmailed for? Why is it worse what George did to her than the others (p...y-grabbers and making racial comments)? I'd really like to know about that...
Carol, she is claiming she was "black balled" which is different than blackmailed. It means she is accusing him of using his influence to make sure she did not get any other acting jobs.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Oct 2017, 23:31

There are so many reasons that she might not have gotten much work after she left ER. Maybe her agent didn't serve her well and sent her up for parts that she wasn't really suited for. Maybe she didn't want to do the work she was offered. Maybe she just wasn't that good an actress.

Thousands of beautiful, talented women come to Hollywood every year to try to get into the movies. Only a small fraction of them even get a chance to work. That's one of the main reasons men like Harvey Weinstein can get away with their behavior. For every woman trying for a part, there are 100 more waiting their turn.

I don't know if anything this woman is saying is true, but I'd guess she has regrets about decisions she made. Maybe she feels that if other cast members had backed her up at the time she would have stayed on ER and her career would have been different. Or maybe she's just another failed actress who resents her co-workers' success.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Oct 2017, 03:19

party animal - not! wrote:
Oh, it gets worse. Story expanding..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have to say I have no idea who this lady is.......

If you go to this article there are two links to Vanessa Marquez' twitter page. If you can bear to read through the absolute trashing of George there are a series of tweets from a 'commonman80' which are worth reading. If this person is legitimate in what he/she said it does give a bit of context. The other link shows tweets from a 'hathaross' ... our hathaross??? Anyway she seems like a voice of reason but gets insulted by Marquez.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 16 Oct 2017, 06:26

fava wrote:
carolhathaway wrote:Donna,
Carol, she is claiming she was "black balled" which is different than blackmailed. It means she is accusing him of using his influence to make sure she did not get any other acting jobs.
Fava,
thanks for clarifying!
I thought she wrote 'blackmailed' but meant 'black balled', then got confused by different meanings. American English is not always easy to understand when it's not your mother tongue...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 16 Oct 2017, 06:31

Donnamarie wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:
Oh, it gets worse. Story expanding..........

Have to say I have no idea who this lady is.......

If you go to this article there are two links to Vanessa Marquez' twitter page.  If you can bear to read through the absolute trashing of George there are a series of tweets from a 'commonman80' which are worth reading.  If this person is legitimate in what he/she said it does give a bit of context.  The other link shows tweets from a 'hathaross' ... our hathaross???  Anyway she seems like a voice of reason but gets insulted by Marquez.
Donna,
I usually am not on twitter so didn't check her page.
I just did to read the comments, and it was quite interesting to read...
Very few users questioned her accusations, but those who did actually had very good arguments. And if this 'commonman80' really worked on ER, he surely has some insight information.

But to read all these comments, I can imagine why you sometimes have the feeling others are living in a different world...

Thanks for posting, Donna!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:06

Youtube interview with Vanessa on a completely different subject:

....draw your own conclusions..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Oct 2017, 16:25

According to Celebitchy she has and has had a serious shopping addiction..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Oct 2017, 19:10

On you tube there is a video and she is receiving treatment for intravenous immune globulin.

She has a immune disorder from what I could understand when I tried to look up what this was.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Oct 2017, 22:43

This stinks. I've read her tweets and I'm still waiting for proof of anything done to her by anyone! All those people who "believe her" and call her a "hero" for speaking up aren't at all interested in whether or not she's telling the truth. She's a woman complaining about mistreatment, therefore she must be given the benefit of the doubt. Well, not in my world. I need to see something that proves what she's saying about these people is true.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Oct 2017, 00:45

She apparently was trying to have a singing career but it didn't work out the way she wanted.
She said this in a you tube video she is also a single mother.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Oct 2017, 01:52

I'm sorry her life hasn't gone the way she hoped, and I'm sorry she's not well, but that's no excuse for slandering people. If her allegations are true there should be some sort of proof - even just someone who was there and can corroborate her story. The only person commenting who apparently was there - commonman80 - is not backing her up.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Oct 2017, 06:29

Realizing that your life and career doesn't work the way you planned us something we all do from time to time. Which means that we either have to change our way of living / working habit or change our plans. That's quite normal IMO.
To accuse other people without any proof or at least details is not an option because that affects their life, career and cretibility. Accusations have to be substantial, and since she hasn't done anything else so far I tend not to believe her.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:22

I don't think George is guilty of this for any number of reasons, not least of which is that he has a reputation for just the opposite: standing up for people lower on the Hollywood totem pole who are being mistreated/bullied by the more powerful.  In addition, if it were true, this accusation would have opened the floodgates.  Blacklisting is an abuse of power; he wouldn't have done it once 20 years ago and  then never again, even as his power in the industry increased.

There was an excellent article on the Pajiba site today about David O. Russell and his looonnng history of abusive behavior, and how if the Academy is serious about their new no-tolerqance policy, he should be the next person drummed out of Hollywood. It mentioned George's famous fight with him, basically saying "The nicest guy in Hollywood not named Tom Hanks almost killed Russell because of his behavior, that's all you need to know."
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:53

Missa ... really good points and I feel the same way.

Carol, I too lean towards not believing Marquez' accusations. She's not backing any of them up with proof. George's reputation in Hollywood all these years totally contradicts her charges. And on top of that her charges have not been addressed by anyone else from ER. ... from the lead actors or the many other actors who had small reoccurring roles on the show and would have been witness to any bad behavior.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Oct 2017, 22:48

Just as a matter of interest, I've noticed that there is now a string of self-promotional videos on all sorts of different subjects being put out by Vanessa Marquez or her pr on youtube.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Oct 2017, 23:55

Whether her story of being blacklisted is true or not, this kind of thing just makes her look like an opportunist. She seems to be taking advantage of the Weinstein situation to get attention and maybe some kind of financial settlement. If she really was mistreated she's not stating her case very well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:01

Exactly Lizzy.

And worse. she's degrading herself in her desperate need for attention - of any sort

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next