George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  Empty George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono

Post by benex Sun 17 Sep 2017, 14:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono... days after admitting his new twins make him cry four times a day
By Alice Evans For Mailonline and Gabrielle Donnelly For The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 13:23 BST, 17 September 2017 UPDATED: 13:39 BST, 17 September 2017

• [email=?subject=Read%20this:%20George%20Clooney%20takes%20a%20break%20from%20dad%20duties%20as%20he%20heads%20out%20for%20dinner%20with%20pals%20Rande%20Gerber%20and%20Bono...%20days%20after%20admitting%20his%20new%20twins%20make%20him%20cry%20four%20times%20a%20day&body=George%20Clooney%20takes%20a%20break%20from%20dad%20duties%20as%20he%20heads%20out%20for%20dinner%20with%20pals%20Rande%20Gerber%20and%20Bono...%20days%20after%20admitting%20his%20new%20twins%20make%20him%20cry%20four%20times%20a%20day%0A%0AGeorge%20Clooney%20put%20the%20stresses%20of%20fatherhood%20to%20one%20side%20on%20Saturday%20when%20he%20headed%20to%20Craig%27s%20restaurant%20in%20Los%20Angeles%20with%20his%20pals%20Rande%20Gerber%20and%20Bono.%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4892448%2FGeorge-Clooney-goes-dinner-Rande-Gerber-Bono.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top%0A%0A%0AMost%20Read%20Articles%3A%0A%0A%27She%27s%20a%20fame%20seeking%20slapper%27%3A%20Pregnant%20Coleen%20Rooney%20%27slams%20Wayne%20party%20girl%20Laura%20Simpson%27%2C%20pals%20claim...%20as%20WAG%20enjoys%20night%20out%20amid%20woes%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4891808%2FColeen-Rooney-slams-Wayne-party-girl-Laura-Simpson.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0APICTURE%20EXCLUSIVE%3A%20Embattled%20Katie%20Price%20cuts%20a%20glum%20figure%20as%20she%27s%20accompanied%20by%20her%20children%20to%20visit%20ailing%20mother%20Amy...%20after%20revealing%20devastating%20terminal%20diagnosis%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4890758%2FKatie-Price-children-visit-ailing-mother-Amy.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0AWayne%20Rooney%20party%20girl%20Laura%20Simpson%20cosies%20up%20to%20Jemma%20Lucy%27s%20ex%20David%20Hawley%20as%20they%20leave%20Aaron%20Chalmer%27s%20MMA%20match%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4891230%2FLaura-Simpson-cosies-Jemma-Lucy-s-ex-David-Hawley.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0A]e-mail[/email]

[size=32]11[/size]

View comments

He recently admitted he cries with tiredness four times a day while looking after his three-month-old twins, Alexander and Ella.
But George Clooney put the stresses of fatherhood to one side on Saturday when he headed to Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles with his pals Rande Gerber and Bono.
The Hollywood heavyweight, 56, looked relaxed and carefree as he drove the businessman, 55, away from the celeb hotspot - where the likes of Kendall Jenner and had also dined that evening.
Scroll down for video 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+27

Off duty: George Clooney put the stresses of fatherhood to one side on Saturday when he headed to Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles with his pals Rande Gerber and Bono on Saturday

+27

Classic: George gave his pal Rande a lift in his 1970s Porsche
George cut a casual look in a brown short-sleeved polo shirt which accentuated his famously charming chocolate-brown eyes.

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous

• Next

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I’d given up on being a dad... but now I’ve got twins and...Making her parents proud! Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber...'I am devastated that I'm not well enough': Lady Gaga is...Karlie Kloss goes braless and shows off her long legs in a...

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

The silver fox gave a cheery wave as he left the restaurant - showing a flash of his wedding ring which served as a reminder that he would be heading home to his beautiful babies and glamorous barrister wife, Amal.
Rande looked dapper in a tight-fitting black shirt in the passenger seat next to George, as U2 singer Bono left the restaurant in a separate car wearing his trademark tinted glasses. 

+27

Catching a ride: The Hollywood heavyweight, 56, looked relaxed and carefree as he drove businessman Rande, 55, away from the celeb hotspot

+27

Boys night: U2 singer Bono left the eatery in another car wearing his trademark tinted glasses

+27

+27

Night off: George cut a casual look in a brown short-sleeved polo shirt which accentuated his famously charming chocolate-brown eyes
The outing comes days after George spoke about becoming a father as he promoted the new film he has directed, Suburbicon, at the Toronto Film Festival.
Looking fondly at a picture of Alexander and Ella, he said: 'He's twice the size she is. He's a moose and she's just this little tiny beautiful thing. 
'They don't cry. I cry more than they do. I cry four times a day right now, because I'm so tired.' 
He said that since June 6 this year, when he and his wife Amal, 39, were joined by babies, his life has changed in ways he could not have predicted.
'Although I wasn't completely unaware of what life would be like,' he puts in. 'All my friends have kids and I'm godfather to about 20 of them, so I knew what I was in for. 

+27

Happy family: The outing to Craig's comes days after George spoke about becoming a father as he promoted the new film he has directed, Suburbicon. Pictured: The actor and his lawyer wife, Amal Clooney, with their baby twins catching a water taxi in Venice earlier this month

+27

Time to fly: Rande and George made a quick getaway in the luxury sports car

+27

+27

Relaxed: The pair chatted easily as they headed away from the restaurant

+27

U coming 2? Irish singer Bono looked suave as he arrived to the venue earlier in the evening

+27

+27

Running late? The One Love singer looked in a rush as he dashed into the Los Angeles eatery
'The surprise for me was how much more complicated twins is than just the one — it's not just twice as much work, it's more than that. And it's not even so much work for me, because these two knuckleheads don't even care that I exist right now!
'All they want to do is eat, so I have nothing to give them except a bottle once in a while and they're happy about that, but it's mostly Amal for them at the moment. I don't even really understand what's going on.
'And I have such admiration for my wife because she's breastfeeding them and getting about two hours of sleep per interval, and the love they have for her is a sight to see and it's beautiful.' 
The other side of the sleepless nights is pure joy. 'All of this is icing on the cake,' he says. 'Look, I'm 56 years old and I didn't think it was going to happen for me. I thought my life would be focused on my career, not relationships, and I'd sort of accepted that.

+27

Road trip: Rande jumped in to the passenger side as George posed as taxi driver for the night

+27

+27

Time out: Bono's appearance comes after U2's show in St Louis was cancelled due to riots

+27

Rocking it: Bono looked typically stylish in a spotted black and white unbuttoned shirt layered over a plain dark tee

+27

+27

George and his wife Amal 42nd Annual Cesar Film Awards, Paris, in February (left).  George at the Toronto Film Festival (right)

[size=18]'Well its happened' says George Clooney on finally children

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:16

Previous
Play
Skip
Unmute

[/size]
Current Time0:16
/
Duration Time1:55

Fullscreen
Need Text

SHARE THIS

MORE VIDEOS

Carole Middleton accompanies son James to …

Victoria Beckham shares beauty tips but gets interrup…

Priyanka Chopra on Meghan Markle and potential weddin…

Stacey Solomon's son enjoys custom made bed slide

'And then I met Amal and I thought, 'Well, I have this incredible relationship, this is wonderful.' And then... all of a sudden we have these two knuckleheads around who make me laugh every day.
'Really, they're funny kids. He just eats and eats and sits and goes "uh-uh" and I have never seen anything eat so much in my life. And she's very delicate and feminine, and she's all eyes and looks like her mother.
'I suppose it makes sense that they should be so different, but I hadn't seen it first hand before and it really makes you realise how much nature is part of who we are. 
He is not, of course, a young father. 'I feel like Tony Randall!' he jokes (of the late US actor who became a first-time father aged 77).

+27

Back tracking: George niftily reversed out of his parking spot as he left his dinner date

+27

Watch out: Ever the careful driver, George took his time getting going from Craig's

+27

George and Amal walk the red carpet ahead of the Suburbicon screening during the 74th Venice Film Festival earlier this month
'Is there a perfect age to become a parent? Look, I left it so late that I'm the last person to talk to about child-raising because I'm no expert. All I can do is play catch-up and hope I'm not on a walker when I'm chasing my grown kids around!'
'All I know is that I am at last experiencing what most people in the world get to experience, which is the incredible amount of love you gain when you have two children you are responsible for.'
He is also, beneath the jokes, thinking hard about the values with which he will raise the pair.
He said: 'I have always felt a great sense of responsibility to other people in the world, but when you have children of your own, you realise you are responsible for their lives in a way you haven't been before.
'And you become conscious that you want to make an example of your own life that they will follow. I want to make sure my children understand they have been given things other children haven't been by accident of birth.

+27

Amal and George arrive at the world premiere of Hail, Caesar! in Los Angeles

[size=18]George Clooney jokes about being worried about twins' accents

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00

Previous
Play
Skip
Mute

[/size]
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:36

Fullscreen
Need Text

'They could just as easily have been born in Syria and their lives would have been completely different.
'It's challenging to remind children who have been born into this glass of celebrity and money to have empathy for people who aren't as fortunate as they are. That's going to be Amal's and my job to teach our children, and it's an important one.'
Although his own father was a television presenter in Kentucky and his beloved Aunt Rosemary was a famous singer, George was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth and says firmly that he never intends to forget that.
He said: 'I grew up in Kentucky, I was a struggling actor for ten years and I have a great understanding of what it's like to try to make things work.
'I would buy suits that were too long in the leg, cut the bottoms off and hem them up with a stapler, and use the leftover fabric to make ties for work. I worked cutting tobacco in the fields for three dollars and thirty cents an hour.
'I sold insurance door to door — cold calls, knock knock, "Hi, do you have whole life insurance? We can turn whole life into term life and you can put the rest of your money into your retirement fund!" Believe me, it's a terrible job.'

+27

During the Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating China: Through the Looking Glass, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
But it wasn't the worst job. At 18, he worked in a large shop in Cincinnati where, he claims, some customers had had surgery to remove a toe so they could fit into tight shoes.
'I worked at a ladies' shoe store and, oh, man, there were some terrible shoes I sold. This was 1979, 1980 and there was a whole generation of older women in that part of America who had had their fourth toe cut off so they could wear these really narrow pumps.
'Every time you saw a 75-year-old lady coming in, you'd all go "You take her!' because you'd have to look at that foot with the toe cut off and yech! Holy s***. So I know how lucky I am to have gotten to where I've gotten to in life."
And the downside of fame? Don't get him started.
'I remember when I was looking for a job and couldn't afford to go to the dentist because I didn't have insurance, watching Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous — remember that TV show?
'Well, I remember watching it and seeing some schmuck actor talking about how tough their life was, and going, "F*** you, your life isn't so tough!"
'So if you ask me what my life is like now, answering the question is tricky because I could tell you the truth, which is that I miss walking in Central Park with my wife and my kids — I would like to do that but I can't.

+27

The pair attending The 100 LIVES initiative, to express gratitude to the individuals and institutions whose heroic actions saved Armenian lives during the Genocide 100 years ago
'I miss certain elements of privacy that I won't experience again. But it's not worth complaining about because I am at least aware enough of what it's like on the other side, that I know how much more difficult it is for everyone else.'
As for Amal, he says she is handling her new life as she handles most things — with grace and a healthy dollop of humour.
He said: 'It's funny because she's such a professional and so elegant and she doesn't really do interviews, so people tend to tiptoe around her a lot — but once they start talking to her, everybody realises she is actually a very funny person.
'We're doing very well — and our romantic life is very good, thank you for asking. We just have to sneak around a little these days!'
Some of that sneaking around is done at their newly refurbished home in Sonning, Berkshire.
'When we're in England we go to the pub once a week — The Bull, it's a cool pub. It's really old and the doorways hit you low because people were shorter then, which is dangerous when you've been drinking!
'I love it, although you have to walk through a cemetery to get there... it's creepy but fantastic.'

+27

At the 'Our Brand is Crisis' film premiere, Los Angeles, America
Meanwhile, back in Kentucky the new grandparents could not be more delighted. 'We've just been to visit them. My father hadn't seen the babies because he had a bout of pneumonia and didn't want to fly, so we wanted to go there and spend some time with him and my mom.
'They are thrilled about the whole thing, and also think it's hysterical because they see everything I'm about to go through and they know what it's about! But they love it because they get to be grandparents again — my sister has two kids and they love being grandparents.
'They have an Iraqi refugee staying with them — I don't want to name him because he has family in Iraq and they are still in some danger from ISIS.
'But he's a smart kid who has got into the University of Chicago and he's going to start there in the fall. In the meantime, he's my father's best friend because he thinks all my father's jokes are new! My Dad tells jokes I've heard all my life, and he is laughing and I'm thinking, "Oh my God, this kid is perfect — he's the son my father always wanted!"
Suburbicon, the new film George is directing, is a pitch-black comedy written by his friends the Coen brothers. It details the downfall of a middle-class white family in Fifties America, against a backdrop of racial unrest — an atmosphere George says he remembers from the Sixties.
He said: 'I was seven years old when Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy were shot. I remember taking all these toy guns I had and giving them to my dad, and my dad took them on the TV show and said,"My son gave me all his toy guns." So I was aware of it even then.'
The film has two parallel stories. Matt Damon and Julianne Moore play a couple living with their young son in a Stepford-like town whose life is turned upside down when their home is broken into by two hapless criminals.

+27

Attending the Netflix special screening and reception of The White Helmets hosted by The Clooney Foundation For Justice, in January this year
Meanwhile, the house opposite, occupied by the town's only black family, is being targeted by racists. Damon is an old pal of George's — 'He likes playing buffoons,' George notes gleefully — and making his big-screen debut as Matt and Julianne's son is 13-year-old British newcomer Noah Jupe.
'He's a really good kid,' says George. 'When I was on ER I played a paediatrician, so I worked with kid actors every day — and for the most part they shouldn't have been there. They weren't able to be kids and I hated it. This kid, though, he's unbelievably normal.'
To sum up, life is pretty nice in the Clooney world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4892448/George-Clooney-goes-dinner-Rande-Gerber-Bono.html#ixzz4swQnVSon 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  Empty Re: George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono

Post by Donnamarie Sun 17 Sep 2017, 20:53

Bono must have been a last minute dinner guest if this dinner happened on Saturday.  U2 cancelled a concert in St. Louis yesterday and scheduled for last night because of protests going on in the city as a result of an acquittal on Friday of a police officer for the shooting death of a black man.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono  Empty Re: George Clooney takes a break from dad duties as he heads out for dinner with pals Rande Gerber and Bono

Post by it's me Sun 17 Sep 2017, 21:32

"wanted to go there and spend some time with him and my mom.
'They are thrilled about the whole thing, and also think it's hysterical because they see everything I'm about to go through and they know what it's about! "
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Mon 18 Sep 2017, 17:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:50

Thanks benex.  I especially liked the collection of George and Amal pics from Venice.  They look so good together.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 21 Sep 2017, 11:39

I, ever the patriot love everything Irish.... The fighting Irish and proud of it.....it's strange therefore that one of our perceived greatest son, Bono, fills me with uncontrollable HATE.....A loathsome double talker, with a huge mouth on each of his two faces.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Sep 2017, 14:21

WWHS - I know very little about Bono except that he's an Irish musician and a humanitarian. Why do you hate him so much?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down