George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Vanity Fair George clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Vanity Fair George clooney

2 posters

Go down

Vanity Fair George clooney Empty Vanity Fair George clooney

Post by annemarie Sat 09 Sep 2017, 22:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=56]George Clooney on the Twins, Trump, and Steve Bannon’s Failed Hollywood Career[/size]

The actor and filmmaker opens up about politics, family, and Suburbicon at the Toronto Film Festival.

by 

• JULIE MILLER

SEPTEMBER 9, 2017 4:22 PM

[url=https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fhollywood%2F2017%2F09%2Fgeorge-clooney-steve-bannon-review&t=George Clooney%E2%80%99s Scathing Review of Steve Bannon][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/share?text=George Clooney%E2%80%99s Scathing Review of Steve][/url]

By Alessandra Benedetti/Getty Images.

Matt Damon couldn’t be here. I’m Brad Pitt,” George Clooneyannounced Saturday morning as he walked into Vanity Fair’s video studio at the Toronto Film Festival.
Just last week, the Oscar-winning filmmaker returned to the red carpet for the first time since becoming a father to premiere his latest directorial effort, the dark period comedy Suburbicon—starring Damon and Julianne Moore—at the Venice Film Festival. And on Saturday, a high-spirited Clooney gamely caught Executive West Coast Editor Krista Smith up on his life with wife Amaland their newborn twins Alex and Ella, just hours before premiering the film in North America.
“I’ve never been a big sleeper, but now [Amal and I are] doing it in shifts,” Clooney said. “I feel really guilty because my wife has to get up literally every two hours.”
Even though Ella and Alex are the first children for Clooney, 56, the actor said he very much knew what he was in for with fatherhood: “All of my friends. . . all of their kids have gone away to college, so it’s not like. . .everybody says, ‘You don’t know.’ But I knew what it was going to be. I will say it is a lot of responsibility, and they are really fun kids.’”
Showing Smith a photo of the babies on his cell phone, Clooney pointed to Ella— “all eyes,” according to her father—and said, “that’s the girl.” Then, pointing to Alex—who is on the larger side—Clooney added, “and that’s the big thug.”
Though Clooney said that he felt ready for fatherhood, there is another rumored role which the actor has no interest in taking: that of a politician, even though his name has been floated as a hypothetical candidate especially since Donald Trump, a former reality TV star, was elected president.
“I would hope we would look around and find people that are much more qualified,” Clooney said. “We have someone in the office right now who is not qualified to do much, certainly not be the leader of the free world. But that shouldn’t mean, ‘Oh [Clooney] can do it, so he should do it.’”
Clooney then turned his attention to Steve Bannon, the former White House Chief Strategist—and one of his favorite targets.

“Steve Bannon. . . here’s my favorite. This guy: here’s a schmuck who literally tried everything he could to sell scripts in Hollywood. He wrote—you guys have to go online and read this script,” Clooney said, referring The Thing I Am, Bannon’s infamous rap musical screenplay. The production is meant to be an update of Coriolanus. “It’s like a rap Shakespearean thing about the L.A. riots. It’s the worst script you’ve ever read. But he was trying to get it made in Hollywood. And had he, he would still be in Hollywood making movies and kissing my ass to make one of his films. That’s who he is.”
But in spite of the current political chaos, Clooney remains an optimist. “Particularly with our country, we work things out. Winston Churchill’s statement on America was, ‘You can always count on America to do the right thing after they’ve exhausted every other possibility.’ And I feel like that’s us a lot.”
Suburbicon is based in part on a 1957 incident that occurred in Levittown, Pennsylvania, when an African-American family moved into a suburban development only to be met by violence from its white residents. The film premiered at Venice after the Charlottesville riot—a violent real-life incident that eerily mirrored the racial division and rage shown in Clooney’s movie.
Clooney is sorry, in a way, that its release timing may affect the way the film is viewed, “because the discussion for us was about immigration. It was about Mexicans. It was about Muslims. It was about making anyone feel like they are other. Having grown up in Kentucky in the 60s and 70s, I felt like I could tell this story about white people feeling like they were losing their place in society and blaming minorities. I had an understanding of that. I was disappointed that, once again, race becomes really relevant. . .not for the film, but for the country and for us as a society.”

The actor also touched on a few more subjects during his lengthy conversation with Smith, which will be posted on VanityFair.com later this weekend. Among the highlights:
On the $700 million sale of his tequila company Casamigos: “That was a wild few months and day. I remember sitting with Amal after it happened and she said, ‘What does this do?’ I said, ‘Well, it means we don’t have to do fund-raisers anymore. We don’t have to kiss the ass of people we don’t want to kiss the ass of anymore. We can fund things we want, and that is nice.”
On his early career as a struggling 80s TV star: “I was doing a series called The Facts of Life. I played George, a construction worker, and I had the perfect combination of no talent and overconfidence, which really gelled.”
On aging: “I do have [hair], but it’s white and my eyebrows are changing shape.”
On some of his worst career choices: “I did Batman & Robin. I hope it is in [television] rotation, because there is just nothing like seeing myself in rubber, nipples and all. Luckily, with *Out of Sight and Three Kings, I was able to establish working in film before I had left the comfort of television.”
On watching old re-runs of E.R.: “Every once in awhile, Amal—because she didn’t really watch television during that period of time—will see it on TV, usually in Europe. And she’ll see it and it just makes us both laugh, because I’ve aged a lot in [the years since]. Yeah, she got me 10 years after that guy, thank god.”
On his worst fashion offense: “I actually knocked my front tooth out when I was in high school. I am a victim of fashion, really. I was walking in those big heeled shoes, those big clog kind of shoes, and giant bell bottoms. And I had my hands kind of cranked in the [pockets]. I was walking with my dad outside, and I started to fall, and I couldn’t get my hands out of my pockets. And I hit the sidewalk with my nose and my teeth. Fashion kills, man.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair George clooney Empty Re: Vanity Fair George clooney

Post by it's me Sun 10 Sep 2017, 00:25

eyebrows ?
Are they really changing shapes ?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down